Chinese Language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Hello lanyunsky. I was so enjoying your interpretations--the idea that someone would actually come in here and help Penguin.

What happened?

This is now about Taiwan? Why wouldn't you think that Taiwan can be free, and China can still be great. I guess I just don't understand.

I am not the brightest star in the political science class.

InPeace,
InLove
Hello,Inlove:
Thanks for you to talk with me.the fact is like this. I first to come here, just to help Penguin,from Uk,who want to know how "mother" was writen in Chinese. and he/she ever considered in japanese how the word "mother" can be writen.but because the Japanese army had a bad attitude towards the British army ever.so he chose against it. so,I support Penguin,and I said that China is a peaceful country.but China was invaded by Japanese. however Cavalier said China does not love Peace.and then we start to debate.
China was invaded by many nations in recent history,just because we are weakness.in order not to invaded by other nations any more.we should build our nation more strongger. now Germany is a developted nation, because they unify the west Germany and the east Germany.China now is also a developing country,there are still lots of poor people. So we just want to uify Tianwan and Mainland
to build flourishing nation. just so so.
In fact ,I also don't know much about politics.and my English is poor. so If I speak something wrong,please correct me.
and this weekend belongs to Christmas. hope you can have a nice Christmas!

Merry Chirstams! enjoy yourself. also Cavalier .

Hello,Inlove:
Thanks for you to talk with me.the fact is like this. I first to come here, just to help Penguin,from Uk,who want to know how "mother" was writen in Chinese. and he/she ever considered in japanese how the word "mother" can be writen.but because the Japanese army had a bad attitude towards the British army ever.so he chose against it. so,I support Penguin,and I said that China is a peaceful country.but China was invaded by Japanese. however Cavalier said China does not love Peace.and then we start to debate.
China was invaded by many nations in recent history,just because we are weakness.in order not to invaded by other nations any more.we should build our nation more strongger. now Germany is a developted nation, because they unify the west Germany and the east Germany.China now is also a developing country,there are still lots of poor people. So we just want to uify Tianwan and Mainland
In fact ,I also don't know much about politics.and my English is poor. so If I speak something wrong,please correct me.

Hello,Inlove:

Don't bad mouth Japan... Your country as every country has had it's share of being the "bad man".....

So we just want to unify Tianwan and Mainland
to build flourishing nation.
The only problem is that most people here in Taiwan do not want to be unified with mainland China.
Anyway, as you point out this weekend is all about Christmas, so I hope you have a good one.
Also, your English is fine, I haven't had any trouble understanding anything you've written.

Don't bad mouth Japan... Your country as every country has had it's share of being the "bad man".....

Frankly speaking, I can not understand what you mean unambiguously.you maybe mean every country has some bad man! That's ture.
but,everyone should envisage history also!

Hi Cavalier:
Thank you for your praising !would you mind if I ask you some private question? Are you a native English speaker? or where are you from?You must had a good Christmas day.your red Christmas hat looks very good. I have one too.lol. and how much is it?
I bought one for only RMB2.
have a nice day!
:p

Hi Cavalier:
Thank you for your praising !would you mind if I ask you some private question? Are you a native English speaker? or where are you from?
Yes, I'm a native English speaker, originally from England.
lanyunsky said:
your red Christmas hat looks very good. I have one too.lol. and how much is it?
I bought one for only RMB2.
have a nice day!
:p
I don't remember how much my hat cost. I wonder how much the people who made your hat get paid, do you know?

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for all your replies to my thread, a nice surprise after not logging in for awhile to find 26 replies! Thank you much to Lanyunsky for the translations, it is important I get them varified as it is indeed for more tattoos. Just one thing how would 母親 be written downwards please? as I would like to get this going down my arm a symbol at a time instead of a line of symbols like you have it here. Are the 2 last symbols counted as one symbol together or 2 seperate ones? Also, if I could ask what "peace" would be in traditional format as well please. Many thanks again.

I wish I had never made that casual remark about the japs and british pow's now. This is not the sole reason for me deciding to go for chinese symbols instead of jap one's. I love chinese food, my spirit guide is chinese and I was chinese in a previous life, all the chinese people I have met in my life have been humble, polite and kind to me (i'm sure the japs would be too) I've never met any japs yet but I'm sure they are fine now and also I think chinese characters are more attractive to look at. I also like martial arts and shaolin is linked to southern province of china. That's basically it and I apologise if the POW comment has offended anybody here I was tired when I typed it and it was just a "snap" reaction and something that stirred up a bit of bitterness which I had for awhile as mates of my grandad suffered under them in capitivty in WW2 that's all. Many thanks.

母親 are 2 seperate chinese characters,you can just recognize each symbol as a alphabet(a letter) of English Language. the word 母親 is the combination of the letter 母and letter 親 .it means mother. if you want to write it downward,just hit the key "Enter" after 母.then it becomes

also for "Peace". 和平,downward:

But I am just a little puzzle.where have you been to in China? and Why select mother and peace for tattoos. what is your purpose? for world peace?

in fact ,I appreciate japs for they help China in some aspects.

So is calling a scottish man a "scot" derogatory?:D

Lanyunsky thanks for the translation for peace and confirmation of the downward placement.

Reason why I am choosing mother and peace for a tattoo's on my wrists?, there are lots, my mother bought me into the world, I love her dearly and would die for her. As for peace, that is what I wish for and always have done since I was a kid and I consider myself at some sort of "peace" now with myself (well most of the time!) I have had alot of tattooing done already and thought it was time to go onto the forearms/wrists now. I haven't been to China yet but hope to very soon, my friend is going next month and also he is going to Tibet the lucky man. Many thanks.

So is calling a scottish man a "scot" derogatory?
I have no idea, but those two terms may are not necessarily comparable.
I'm sure you are aware that that a shortened version of other nationalities is derogatory, shortening "pakistani" for example.

Certain people will find certain things derogatory that others will not and originally this thread was a request by me for some translation and nothing else. I apologise if the term "jap" has caused some offence to you.

Certain people will find certain things derogatory that others will not
While this might be true, using this argument to defend your usage of a possibly derogatory term is absurd. There are a whole string of names that I could call you that I might think are ok, but you would find insulting. So would it be ok, because I thought they were ok?
penguin said:
originally this thread was a request by me for some translation and nothing else.
So what? It's turned into something else. If you don't like it, then don't post on it.
penguin said:
I apologise if the term "jap" has caused some offence to you.
This is hardly the issue.
If you do reply to this however, I would ask that you would answer the points I have rasied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back