How White Was My Savior?

And here it is

godmini.jpg

I think it is in reference to the power of thought, how we create our reality with our mind, G-d reaching out of the frontal lobe...
Thanks, but no that wasn't it. I think it was in an art appreciation class or maybe humanities. It had something to do with Michaelangelo himself.

Thanks, but no that wasn't it. I think it was in an art appreciation class or maybe humanities. It had something to do with Michaelangelo himself.
Michelangelo put his own image into the flayed skin carried by St Bartholomew in The Last Judgement on the Sistine Chapel wall. He received a whole lot of flack over his art, and felt drained of his personhood because of it. (Kinda like those who complain about the historical inaccuracy of the portrail of Jesus in art....)
Bartholomew's Skin

Attachments

• 4lastjud.jpg
    4lastjud.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 132
Michelangelo put his own image into the flayed skin carried by St Bartholomew in The Last Judgement on the Sistine Chapel wall. He received a whole lot of flack over his art, and felt drained of his personhood because of it. (Kinda like those who complain about the historical inaccuracy of the portrail of Jesus in art....)
Bartholomew's Skin
Well, I cannot keep saying "thanks, but I don't know..." when I don't remember so I will just say "Thank you, ..." I appreciate it.

However, when I sad, "Historical inaccuracy is one of the big non-conversion reasons", we were still talking about nativity scenes, not art. And, I was not complaining. I was stating what I have heard from non-believers. (And it did not involve art.)
Maybe they were unrelated. I hope so.

However, when I sad, "Historical inaccuracy is one of the big non-conversion reasons", we were still talking about nativity scenes, not art. And, I was not complaining. I was stating what I have heard from non-believers. (And it did not involve art.)
Maybe they were unrelated. I hope so.
Yes we can see that much of religious art was created by the artist and not always a commission from some religoius institution. And even when it was the artist didn't always create what the institution had in mind.

Artists! Who do they think they are anyway?

But beyond that, if we are referencing the texts and historical innacuracies, it is our cross to bear as it were. We either make justifications, stretch interpretations or admit that there is some innacuracy, some allegory, some metaphor, some metaphysics, some parables, some fable, some myth, some hyperbole, some mistranslations, some additions, some subtractions, some politics...but imbedded it in all some divine truth...that we have to divine sometimes for ourselves.

Yes we can see that much of religious art was created by the artist and not always a commission from some religoius institution. And even when it was the artist didn't always create what the institution had in mind.
/quote]
Are you saying that nativity scenes in yards are commissioned by the homeowner? Okay, I never looked at it that way before...

the title of this thread cracks me up because all I can think of is...

How Green Was My Valley:).

hehe, ya i know what u mean... when i see the title i think of weird al's "white and nerdy" video and somehow it blends in with jesus and my thoughts are wacked out.

Bartholomew's Skin

Because he condemned himself for his "indiscretions".

Back