Do you think you are liberal?

Faithfulservant

Since this has gotten personal enough for you to accuse me of being a liar and a wolf in sheeps clothing... May I ask a personal question??

How long have you been a christian??

Where did you study theology??

Peace & Love

I dont recall reading anywhere in the bible that god asked us to post his commandments on the walls of buildings... nor does it say anywhere that we should be upset or offended if they are removed...

You claim to have been a man of God so tell me Dont you dont watch the news?? You are telling me you dont see the moral decline of a country slowly and surely removing God from its very core? This is what Im talking about.. you can make it small and insignificant as much as you want but I see it as one crack in a wall about to come tumbling down.

The X stand for Χριστος... which is greek for christ... it has been abbreviated that way for almost 1000 years... and if you were really trying to keep his holy name holy... you would not type it at all... or possibly even speak it... as was tradition in old testament times...

So tell me.... how many people that X out the name of Christ actually know that fact??

Thats where you will find the stuff about taking care of the widows and the children... and your neighbors and such...

Thats where you find that God provides.. you do nothing. Get over yourselves. The glory goes to God.. not you.

Oh... also read 1st John... there is a lot of good stuff in there about LOVE... like god being love... and you dont really know god unless you love... etc... and I think those 2 books fall under your umbrella of scripture...

Ist John is an epistle to the believers. People keep trying to apply scripture to things that do not apply to them.. If you are learned you would know this. We are also not to be unequally yoked with non-believers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness?
Do you not know that I am speaking of those who reject Christ? What good is to love them unto the second death?? you cannot speak the truth to them after they are dead.

You think I do not love these people?? Why would I post here day after day if I didnt love them? You do not know my heart but My Father in heaven does.. and He is only person I have to answer to for my actions on this earth.

The truth is bitter to those living in a lie. Are you living in a lie? If you read spong I think maybe so... but I will say thats my opinion and leave you to it.
Fellowship with lawlessness is a dangerous thing and I caution strongly if you were in the faith that you not play with things of the world. The very elect will be deceived.

Sorry... being new here... I am not sure how to do the cool multi quote thing so... I have to do it this way :)

You claim to have been a man of God so tell me Dont you dont watch the news?? You are telling me you dont see the moral decline of a country slowly and surely removing God from its very core? This is what Im talking about.. you can make it small and insignificant as much as you want but I see it as one crack in a wall about to come tumbling down.

IMHO I dont think god was ever at the core of this country... this country was founded on rebellion, greed, and death...

And you didnt answer my question... but I can answer it... the bible never says the god asked us to post the commandments on the walls of the schools and the courthouses...

So tell me.... how many people that X out the name of Christ actually know that fact??

I am not sure how many people know that... but how many know that the word christ means anointed... your point is irrelevant...

Thats where you find that God provides.. you do nothing. Get over yourselves. The glory goes to God.. not you.

I think god uses people to provide... if they allow love to work through them... so they CAN get over themselves...

Ist John is an epistle to the believers. People keep trying to apply scripture to things that do not apply to them.. If you are learned you would know this. We are also not to be unequally yoked with non-believers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness?
Do you not know that I am speaking of those who reject Christ? What good is to love them unto the second death?? you cannot speak the truth to them after they are dead.

HUH?? What good is it to love them... I think you may have missed the message of jesus... you know... the good news...

You think I do not love these people?? Why would I post here day after day if I didnt love them? You do not know my heart but My Father in heaven does.. and He is only person I have to answer to for my actions on this earth.

I never said that you didnt love people... I was just pointed out versus about love...

The truth is bitter to those living in a lie. Are you living in a lie? If you read spong I think maybe so... but I will say thats my opinion and leave you to it.
Fellowship with lawlessness is a dangerous thing and I caution strongly if you were in the faith that you not play with things of the world. The very elect will be deceived.

Um... no... the truth is not bitter... I think this is the truth...

4 Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
6 It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
8 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy ([d]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth]. 9 For our knowledge is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect), and our prophecy (our teaching) is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect).

But that is just my opinion... for in my heart I feel that my understanding or knowledge is fragmentary, incomplete and imperfect... although at one time I thought myself an expert and was willing to tell everyone how wrong they were... but if I can find one thing to hold on to... one thing that calls out to me... it is that god is love... and it is by that love that I have peace... through the grace of god...

And I wish you the same...

Peace & Love

This is all Im ever wanting to say and the human part of me makes it come out so differently I know that. Im not always tactful and Ive always been bold for Jesus..my whole life.

this is it in a nutshell.

God loves you

He is not willing that any should perish.

You can come to Him right now He will forgive you of all your sins.

Thats it.

One day the age of grace will be over, folks.

Im speaking the truth in love I dont want to scare people because then they are just buying fire insurance. I want people to know that Jesus lives and He came to earth because He loves us and wants us with Him forever.

I know this offends some people and I react to that probably before the fact.. but I so totally do love everyone here. (Yes you too wil whether you realize it or not.) If I didnt care I would have been gone a long time ago but God keeps putting this place and its people on my heart..

Someone once called me something that I thought was an insult until the Lord told me the compliment that it was..

Im an armchair warrior..

I dont dress up in army fatigues and strap weapons to my side..

I sit at my computer in my armchair with one window containing CR another window with crosswalk.com and another one playing worship music... lets not forget the phone so I can call my mom.

Either way Im going into battle. "Onward Christian soldier.." Corny? Maybe? But its me.

Donna

Let it ring from the roof tops! Tell the world that Xian and Xmas is OK, what you resist persists and if they meant it for evil....no worries G-d meant it for good!

Of course one can choose to tilt at windmills...

I dont know how to use the multi-quote thing either lol I use the little quote icon thingie next to the number sign and cut and paste.

I just want to say that this country has been so totally blessed and we are seeing that it was a blessing more so now that we are dealing with constant tragedy. Its been non-stop since 9-11. Some of it we see on the news and some we dont.

Im not going to say anymore because I am too emotional about this and it defeats the purpose when emotions get involved. k?

-Donna

This is all Im ever wanting to say and the human part of me makes it come out so differently I know that. Im not always tactful and Ive always been bold for Jesus..my whole life.

this is it in a nutshell.

God loves you

He is not willing that any should perish.

You can come to Him right now He will forgive you of all your sins.

Thats it.

One day the age of grace will be over, folks.

Im speaking the truth in love I dont want to scare people because then they are just buying fire insurance. I want people to know that Jesus lives and He came to earth because He loves us and wants us with Him forever.

I know this offends some people and I react to that probably before the fact.. but I so totally do love everyone here. (Yes you too wil whether you realize it or not.) If I didnt care I would have been gone a long time ago but God keeps putting this place and its people on my heart..

Corny? Maybe? But its me.

Donna

Thanks, Donna, for your courageous out-loud witnessing. I appreciate you for that!

May there be many stars in your crown.:)

Best regards,
Mark

I dont know how to use the multi-quote thing either lol I use the little quote icon thingie next to the number sign and cut and paste.

I just want to say that this country has been so totally blessed and we are seeing that it was a blessing more so now that we are dealing with constant tragedy. Its been non-stop since 9-11. Some of it we see on the news and some we dont.

Im not going to say anymore because I am too emotional about this and it defeats the purpose when emotions get involved. k?

-Donna

NP!!

And I will figure the quote thing out sometime...hehe

Oh, Faithfulservant...

You never answered the question that this entire thread was about... :p

I am just kiddin!! :) Really!!

Peace & Love

David

Thanks, Donna, for your courageous out-loud witnessing. I appreciate you for that!

May there be many stars in your crown.:)

Best regards,
Mark

*hugs*

I want Jesus to come so badly and yet I dont want him to because there so many I care about that dont know Him.. It sucks to be torn about something that shouldnt even be in doubt.

Its a day to day thing, I guess.

Sucks when you get spit on for trying to hand out "get out of jail free" cards.

But [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11:)

[/FONT]

Thank you for the confirmation..!! That scripture was on my mind the last two days. He is so awesome I love how He does that!

To anyone who considers liberal Christians 'unsaved:'

What has me confused is this. When someone comes here and talks about Jesus and Love, it's almost like they are automatically considered by some to be unsaved, and everything they say is thought to be somehow twisted. But they are referring to the same God, the same Jesus, the same Bible, and the same Love that all other Christians are referring to. Why is it that the emphasis on Love makes someone suspect?

Also, how do you know when someone is saved or not? Isn't that something only God really knows? When you conclude that another person is not a Christian so you can't consider them a brother or sister, or 'fellowship' with them, isn't that taking a chance that you've excluded someone Jesus would include? How can you assume that certain parts of the Bible are not for them unless they believe exactly the way you do?

If you are following a fundamentalist approach to Christianity, you should be aware that fundamentalism is not reflective of the early Church. It is the outcome of the Enlightment and critical thinking directed at the Bible. The first Christians were not TULIPs. Maybe others have some things not exactly right, but chances are you have some things not exactly right either. Humility alone suggests that we should err on the side of love and inclusion. To regard non-TULIPs as non-Christians seems to be a sad and even harmful way to go through life.

I dont know who is saved and who is not. But I do know what I read in Matthew 24

I do know that Jesus said that He is the way the truth and the life and none can get to the Father except through Him.

I do know that Jesus said For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

And I do know that there are people here do not believe Him by their own admission.

so according to the bible.. there are those that need saving. Its not for me saying that.. its the bible.

To anyone who considers liberal Christians 'unsaved:'
(I don't, but let me comment...)
What has me confused is this. When someone comes here and talks about Jesus and Love, it's almost like they are automatically considered by some to be unsaved, and everything they say is thought to be somehow twisted. But they are referring to the same God, the same Jesus, the same Bible, and the same Love that all other Christians are referring to. Why is it that the emphasis on Love makes someone suspect?
Good question. I would guess that it's because it's human ("old man") nature to want to step on others to get ahead. In their zeal to do what they think G-d requires, some may start hearing their own egos instead of what He's really trying to tell them.
Also, how do you know when someone is saved or not? Isn't that something only God really knows?
I believe you can know when you're saved, but not others.
When you conclude that another person is not a Christian so you can't consider them a brother or sister, or 'fellowship' with them, isn't that taking a chance that you've excluded someone Jesus would include?
I think "yes".
If you are following a fundamentalist approach to Christianity, you should be aware that fundamentalism is not reflective of the early Church. It is the outcome of the Enlightment and critical thinking directed at the Bible.
I'm currently giving quite a bit of thinking to this...
The first Christians were not TULIPs. Maybe others have some things not exactly right, but chances are you have some things not exactly right either. Humility alone suggests that we should err on the side of love and inclusion. To regard non-TULIPs as non-Christians seems to be a sad and even harmful way to go through life.
I agree with the sentiment here but, um, what's a TULIP?:confused:

All the Best,
Mark

I agree with the sentiment here but, um, what's a TULIP?:confused:

All the Best,
Mark

The five points of Calvinism are:

[edit] Total depravityMain article: Total depravity
Also called "radical depravity" and "total inability", this point means that every person is corrupt and sinful throughout in all of his or her faculties, including the mind and will. Thus, no person is able to do what is truly good in God's eyes, but rather, everyone does evil all the time. As a result of this corruption, man is enslaved to sin, rebellious and hostile toward God, blind to truth, and unable to save himself or even prepare himself for salvation.

[edit] Unconditional electionMain article: Unconditional election
Election means "choice." God's choice from eternity past, of whom he will bring to himself, is not based on foreseen virtue, merit, or faith in the persons he chooses but rather is unconditionally grounded in his own sovereign decision.

[edit] Limited atonementMain article: Limited atonement
Also called "particular redemption" or "definite atonement", the doctrine of the limited atonement is the teaching that Jesus' atonement was definite and certain in its design and accomplishment. It teaches that the atonement was intended to render complete satisfaction for those and only those whom the Father had chosen before the foundation of the world. Calvinists do not believe that the atonement is limited in its value or power (if the Father had willed it, all the people of all generations could be saved), but rather they believe that the atonement is limited in that it is designed for some and not all.

[edit] Irresistible graceMain article: Irresistible grace
Also known as "effectual grace", this doctrine does not hold that every influence of God's Holy Spirit cannot be resisted but that the Holy Spirit is able to overcome all resistance and make his influence irresistible and effective. Thus, when God sovereignly purposes to save someone, that individual certainly will be saved.

[edit] Perseverance of the saints
Main article: Perseverance of the saints
Also called the "preservation of the saints" or "eternal security," the fifth point teaches that those whom God has called into communion with himself will continue in faith until the end. Those who apparently fall away either never had true faith to begin with or will return. This is slightly different from the "once saved, always saved" view prevalent in some evangelical churches in which, despite apostasy or unrepentant and habitual sin, the individual is truly saved if he or she had truly accepted Christ in the past; in traditional Calvinist teaching, apostasy by such a person may be proof that they never were saved.

The above is from Wiki on Calvinism. I would add that I usually associate Biblical literalism and inerrancy, Sola Scriptura and a rejection of Catholocism with TULIP beliefs.

Loving G-d is just a simple thing for me.

For fun, I can hash over meanings of words or texts, philosophise about G-d's nature and what He wants us to do, how we get to heaven or end up in hell, compare Bible versions. But it's really simple.

He made me. He loves me. He'll make everything work out right. And I love Him.

I don't know about a lot of things, but "this one thing I know - I was blind, but now I see".:)

Much love, sincerely...

The five points of Calvinism are:

The above is from Wiki on Calvinism. I would add that I usually associate Biblical literalism and inerrancy, Sola Scriptura and a rejection of Catholocism with TULIP beliefs.

Thanks, Luna!

See, I learn something new every day!:D

I guess I wouldn't make a good Calvinist, although I believe in biblical literalism and inerrancy, sola scriptura.

I used to reject Catholicism outright (SDA thing:D) but am trying to be more mature about it now, realizing that we were all Catholics once.

Back