Question

Why would anyone want to be gay on purpose?

Why would anyone want to cheat on their spouse? Not because they are made that way I should think...more like choice, maybe looking for something to fill the hole in their soul...

maybe.

v/r

Josh

Why would anyone want to be stright on purpose?

I didn't choose my sexuality; did you?

s.

lol, want to be gay on purpose....

although ur post makes me laugh, I will try to offer u my response...

there are lots of different types of queer- where I live we have the "scally queer", who looks like a skinhead macho hard-knock who goes to the football, we have the "lavender" queers who are middle aged and in long term committed relationships, we have the leather lovers, and the "pee-on-me" types, u have the rampant homo's of both sexes who are with different partners every night, u have the gay political activists, the dyke lezzies with crewcuts and doc martens, u have the lipstick lesbians with their streaked long blonde hair and their short skirts, the list goes on and on...

being gay is not just about who u have sex with- there is a whole rainbow of fruit flavours within the queer sub-culture, and plenty of gay cultural references- art, fashion, literature, music, politics... sometimes ppl, young ppl, or the impressionable, decide to try being queer on for size, as it looks hip, to them... they are quite rare though... usually what happens is a guy realises that instead of being turned on by a freshly washed barnet its a man in a leather waistcoat that floats their boat, some women love women who look like women, some men like their men to be a bit rough looking... it takes all sorts.... most of them would say they rather than choose to be gay, they had "come out", found the courage to be themselves, whether they are accepted by wider society or not, and to do this is actually quite brave, as they is still plenty of discrimination about...

at university, I was friendly with a gang of gay girls, and on their scene they had ppl who knew they were gay, and ppl who they thought were pretenders, and they would laugh at the pretenders as they ditched their boyfriends and started cosying up to the lessies, and the pretenders behaved in the same way as does any "outsider" who is attempting to infiltrate an "in-group"... by behaving in the same way as the in-group, they hoped to become acceptable to that group, which then meant they were not outsiders... they had "chosen" to be gay, not for sexual kicks, but to be accepted into the group, as a lot of young ppl do with a variety of groups... when university is over, they will go back home to conventionality, and conform to the norms of their new social groups just as readily as they ditched their bras and started wearing doc martens... this might manifest as joining the PTA, or going to the squash club, or holidaying in the algarve...

hope that answers ur question a bit...

lol, want to be gay on purpose....

although ur post makes me laugh, I will try to offer u my response...

there are lots of different types of queer- where I live we have the "scally queer", who looks like a skinhead macho hard-knock who goes to the football, we have the "lavender" queers who are middle aged and in long term committed relationships, we have the leather lovers, and the "pee-on-me" types, u have the rampant homo's of both sexes who are with different partners every night, u have the gay political activists, the dyke lezzies with crewcuts and doc martens, u have the lipstick lesbians with their streaked long blonde hair and their short skirts, the list goes on and on...

being gay is not just about who u have sex with- there is a whole rainbow of fruit flavours within the queer sub-culture, and plenty of gay cultural references- art, fashion, literature, music, politics... sometimes ppl, young ppl, or the impressionable, decide to try being queer on for size, as it looks hip, to them... they are quite rare though... usually what happens is a guy realises that instead of being turned on by a freshly washed barnet its a man in a leather waistcoat that floats their boat, some women love women who look like women, some men like their men to be a bit rough looking... it takes all sorts.... most of them would say they rather than choose to be gay, they had "come out", found the courage to be themselves, whether they are accepted by wider society or not, and to do this is actually quite brave, as they is still plenty of discrimination about...

at university, I was friendly with a gang of gay girls, and on their scene they had ppl who knew they were gay, and ppl who they thought were pretenders, and they would laugh at the pretenders as they ditched their boyfriends and started cosying up to the lessies, and the pretenders behaved in the same way as does any "outsider" who is attempting to infiltrate an "in-group"... by behaving in the same way as the in-group, they hoped to become acceptable to that group, which then meant they were not outsiders... they had "chosen" to be gay, not for sexual kicks, but to be accepted into the group, as a lot of young ppl do with a variety of groups... when university is over, they will go back home to conventionality, and conform to the norms of their new social groups just as readily as they ditched their bras and started wearing doc martens... this might manifest as joining the PTA, or going to the squash club, or holidaying in the algarve...

hope that answers ur question a bit...

Pretty astute observation...

Nobody chooses their sexuality, attraction is not a choice - it's a feeling. But people do choose to act on their feelings.

No one is born gay. You might be born a male with girly tendendies, but you know its not natural for you to become a girl. Moreover, you know as a dude that you arent supposed to be having sexual relations with another dude. Its a crime against nature and conscience and an obvious crime against God. People choose to follow those sinful gay feelings just as much as people choose to follow every other sinful feelings.

Nobody chooses their sexuality, attraction is not a choice - it's a feeling. But people do choose to act on their feelings.

Indeed. I have a friend named Terrence. We have been friends for the past 28 years, regardless of the time between our meetings or the distance between us, when we get together it is as if it were yesterday, last we met.

There is an intimate bond between he and I that surpasses any other intimate relationship I've ever had (even that of family). But I don't want to get sexually intimate with him.

I am attracted to Terrence, but not in a sexual way. It's an old world way. And he is the same way with me.

We got our wives and our kids, and our homes and our lives...but we have a deep friendship (a kind of love for eachother), that is not like any other.

We are night and day in most respects. But in deep core values we are the same. It's hard to describe, but very real and solid.

If we were to lose our families, and be old men alone, we would not be lonely...we would have each other, and that would be just fine. If he didn't get me killed doing some crazy thing, I would tone him down a bit so that he acts in a "semi-sane" manner. "The Odd couple" comes to mind...

Maybe, that is what some who call themselves "gay" are really searching for...I don't know.

I understand "love". Acting on that "love" is a different game, involving different aspects, and that is where it can get weird...

my thoughts

v/r

Joshua

Yes I sure did. I looked at that first little girl and made the choice to decide to kiss her. Then it continued I chose who to sleep with, marry etc. It was all a choice.

Ah, then you goofed up (like most of us). You're suppose to kiss the girl, then marry her, then sleep with...don't sweat it. I had to do it three times to get it right.

But then, God lead me, after wife number one (but wife has to be willing to do God's will as well)...marriage number two was annulled after a few months. Third time is a charm (sort of). :D

Ah, then you goofed up (like most of us). You're suppose to kiss the girl, then marry her, then sleep with...don't sweat it. I had to do it three times to get it right.

But then, God lead me, after wife number one (but wife has to be willing to do God's will as well)...marriage number two was annulled after a few months. Third time is a charm (sort of). :D
Third time is definately the charm.

Why would anyone want to be gay on purpose?
hmmm....doesn't the question imply that since folks are gay, and you Silas don't believe one would be 'gay on purpose', that G-d made them gay?

Or does your question leave open another option?

ps, is there a limit to the number of posts you will title 'Question'?

wil

hmmm....doesn't the question imply that since folks are gay, and you Silas don't believe one would be 'gay on purpose', that G-d made them gay?

OK. I'll actually go along with that. Since they choose to deny the obvious truth of nature, i.e., man for woman and vise versa, God gave them over to a depraved mind to be gay. I base this responce on Romans 1. Very scary stuff!

I dont know? I'll try to be more creative next time. Perhaps "Question pt 1" next time?

Since they choose to deny the obvious truth of nature, i.e., man for woman and vise versa, God gave them over to a depraved mind to be gay. I base this responce on Romans 1. Very scary stuff!
So since they were gay, since they were born gay, G-d gave them a depraved mind. Romans seems to be a stretch, I don't believe it contains such circular logic. But your question and your answer do imply the same thing. G-d made them gay.

I dont know? I'll try to be more creative next time. Perhaps "Question pt 1" next time?
Or consider something wild, like a title pertaining to your topic, and your making a statement of your distilled thought or your thought and a question rather than simply setting mousetraps?

So since they were gay, since they were born gay, G-d gave them a depraved mind.
Well being gay is not the sin....acting on that is the sin according to him.
Actually for anyone to say they can not help being gay is them limiting what God can do.

He can help us all with anything and everything.
The problem with most of mankind is the inability for people to take themself off the throne and let him be in charge of them.

IMO that is also why so many people make up there own version of Christianity*well in name at least*

Back