Good song choices?

Cage

Spirit Guided
Reaction score
My cousin asked me to make a video slideshow for her son yesterday. He's a young, adorable little man that has been a complete joy to know for his entire two years on this earth. She's digging up pictures, and I'm looking for music to set in the background for the video.

Her son is her life at the moment, and I need to find that perfect songs/music to celebrate this occassion. We've picked out one song already "I Thank You Child" by Zakk Wylde, but I need a beginning, something that might be appropriate for first born pics and his progression through the last two years.

Any suggestions? I've never been asked to do this before, and I want to make it special for both her and her son...

Thanks,

James

Hi Cage--

I wrote these John Denver lyrics in my daughter's baby book. I don't know how available the recordings are, but I'll bet you could find one out there somewhere. I don't have a way to download complete songs at the moment, or I would do it and send it.

Anyway, just a thought:

It's actually called "For Baby, for Bobby" but no name is mentioned in the lyrics.

For Baby

I'll walk in the rain by your side,
I'll cling to the warmth of your tiny hand.
I'll do anything to help you understand,
I'll love you more than anybody can.

And the wind will whisper your name to me,
Little birds will sing along in time.
The leaves will bow down when you walk by,
And morning bells will chime.

I'll be there when you're feeling down,
To kiss away the tears that you cry.
I'll share with you all the happiness I've found,
A reflection of the love in your eyes.

And I'll sing you the songs of the rainbow,
Whisper of the joy that is mine.
The leaves will bow down when you walk by,
And morning bells will chime.

Also, you might check out some of Trout Fishing in America's stuff for kids--lots of fun to be had, and my grandkids loved them (and me, too--I'm just a big kid at heart).

Edit: How about John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy"? It would depend on the family makeup here, because it does mention that "daddy's here". And it mentions the name "Sean" at the end, but that could be edited over or something. Just rambling now....

InPeace,
InLove

those lyrics are wonderful, InLove. I'm gonna try to find that song online somewhere. I'll check out Johnn Lennon's Beautiful boy, too. I Love John Lennon, lol. I've never heard of trout fishing in america, but I'll look it up too.

Thank you so much,

James

You are in for a treat!

No time to copy and paste at the moment, but check out the lyrics thread here. There's one by them called Close Your Eyes (I think that's the title). I posted it there some time back, along with at least one other of their tunes about coffee pots or something like that. :D

Buenos Suerte--

InPeace,
InLove

Hi James. I found this a lot quicker than I thought I would. I had the title wrong. Also on that thread is "I Hope You Dance". Depending on the flavor of the slide show, I suppose that could be useful. Anyway, here goes:

LULLABY

Close your eyes, and I'll sing you a song.
Lullabye, sleep 'til morning comes.
The cricket's serenade echoes slowly through the night.
The stars are on the lake,
And the moon is shining bright.
Don't worry, I'll leave the light on in the hall,
Just go to sleep now close your eyes.

Close your eyes, listen to my song.
Lullaby, sleep until the dawn.
The birds are in their nest and the cows are in the barn.
The covers on your bed will keep you safe and warm
Don't worry, I'll be beside you should you call,

Dragons in the sky,
Flying with their golden treasure,
And if you catch their eye,
Wishes granted more than you can measure.
I'll be beside you should you fall,

The cricket's serenade echoes softly through the night.
The stars are on the lake
And the moon is shining bright.
Don't worry, I'll leave the light on in the hall,

Just go to sleep now close your eyes....

(Grimwood/Idlet 1991, Troutoons) From Big Trouble, (Trout Fishing in America) Ezra Idlet and Keith Grimwood, Trout Records.1991,

Thanks, InLove and Prober! :)

I've been doing some digging, and found that lullaby song, but coulldn't find the one by John Denver. I'm not sure classical is what my cousin has in mind, but I'll ask. I think she wants something more personal, and something that means something to her, and little Patrick when he's old enough to understand.

I found a song by Leann Rimes that is just beautiful a few minutes ago. It's called "I need you" I think the song is from a Christian viewpoint, but I know that is how my cousin feels about her son. It's just one of those songs that touch the heart.

Here's the lyrics:

I don't need a lot of things,
I can get by with nothing
Of all the blessings life can bring,
I've always needed something

But I've got all I want
When it comes to loving you
You're my only reason,
You're my only truth

Chorus :
I need you like water
Like breath, like rain
I need you like mercy
From heaven's gate
There's a freedom in your arms
That carries me through
I need you

You're the hope that moves me
To courage again
You're the love that rescues me
When the cold winds rage
And it's so amazing
Cause that's just how you are
And I can't turn back now
'Cause you've brought me too far

Repeat Chorus

If you haven't listened to the song, here's a link: YouTube - LeAnn Rimes "I Need You"

It turned out pretty good, we've been working on it for the last two days, and finished at about 7 pm yesterday. She knew exactly how she wanted it, and pretty much did the project herself. Al I did was set it all to music, added some visual elements, and made the dvd's, lol!

It was fun, tho.

Back