Other Sheep...

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

and...

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Source:
King James Version: John: John Chapter 10

Okay, I understand the first part. But how do the other sheep hear the Good Shepherd's voice?
Circumcision of the heart, as mentioned in Romans 2:29

Are there people in other religions who have heard the voice?
Read Romans chapter 2, especially verses 14-16, and verse 29.

There are threads from other religions on the Belief and Spirituality Board which talk about "what is it to hear?" You might want to consider if this is in line with Romans chapter 2, keeping in mind verse 11: "For there is no partiality with God."

Will everyone eventually become Christians?
Read Jeremiah 31:31-34. Notice how there will be an end to people saying, "know God," because everyone will know God, and have the Law written on their hearts. It speaks of the time when the work of witnessing is completed.

What's The Law written on their hearts?
Matt 22:36-40 said:
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Thanks, SG. That's making it much clearer...

P.S. Since you're nomadic, can you slap fish wherever you go? Do you have to bring your own?

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

and...

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Source:
King James Version: John: John Chapter 10

Okay, I understand the first part. But how do the other sheep hear the Good Shepherd's voice?

Are there people in other religions who have heard the voice?

Will everyone eventually become Christians?

Any thoughts?
there are a little flock of 144,000 who will be going to heaven to rule with Jesus christ,
"Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom."—LUKE 12:32.
but he also has other sheep who listen to his voice John 10;16 and these other sheep are part of the GREAT CROWD spoken of in revelation 7;9-10
Having in mind the limited number of Christians called to make up spiritual Israel, Jesus referred to them as the "little flock." They are admitted into the "fold" of the new covenant, in contrast with the numberless "other sheep," whom Jesus said he must also gather. (Luke 12:32; John 10:16) Those of the other sheep gathered in the time of the end will make up the "great crowd" destined to survive "the great tribulation," with the prospect of living forever on a paradise earth................

there are a little flock of 144,000 who will be going to heaven to rule with Jesus christ,
"Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom."—LUKE 12:32.
but he also has other sheep who listen to his voice John 10;16 and these other sheep are part of the GREAT CROWD spoken of in revelation 7;9-10
Having in mind the limited number of Christians called to make up spiritual Israel, Jesus referred to them as the "little flock." They are admitted into the "fold" of the new covenant, in contrast with the numberless "other sheep," whom Jesus said he must also gather. (Luke 12:32; John 10:16) Those of the other sheep gathered in the time of the end will make up the "great crowd" destined to survive "the great tribulation," with the prospect of living forever on a paradise earth................

Thanks Mee!

Never thought of it this way...

By the way, are you saying that only the 144,000 will be in heaven?

Just dredging up a few memories from the distant past, and remember again watching a TV discussion programme involving a couple of Christians and a Rabbi, Lionel Blue. The Christians were asked exactly what "Christ" meant for them and one answered by saying something like......."I believe that accepting Christ, loving Christ, enables one to become a Child of God, a son of god, in a totally unique sense, and that only love and knowledge of Christ enables one to become so." Lionel Blue leaned forward and said......"Do you mean to imply by that that the Jewish people in the death camps of Auschwitz and Treblinka who shared their last slice of bread with each other were not god's children in the fullest possible sense?" At this the Christian began to speak of the parable of the Wedding Guests where those not originally invited were now sent for and gathered in.................and Lionel Blue, not satisfied said....."Oh no no no! We Jews and Hindu's and Buddhists want to come in through the front door with you Christians, not sneak in through the back as an afterthought"

Well, thats the memory. Make of it what you will.

And as they say in the trade..............."And after death the judgement"

Yes thats one of the JW stances that is not biblical.

The selecting of Kingdom heirs to be associates with Jesus Christ began on the day of Pentecost, 33 C.E., with the pouring out of God’s spirit upon about 120 of Jesus’ disciples. (Acts 2:1-21) Some sixty years later Jesus Christ revealed to the apostle John that the total number of Kingdom heirs would be 144,000.—Rev. 7:1-8; 14:1-3.

Thanks, SG. That's making it much clearer...

P.S. Since you're nomadic, can you slap fish wherever you go? Do you have to bring your own?
ichthys13aot4.gif
;)

there are different groups that are saved at different times. there are those that died with the knowledge and faith of god's salvation and they will rise up from the dead to be with the lord, that is one group of people. there are those alive and hidden in christ that will be raptured, which is another group. there are those that will be left for the tribulation and will be persecuted for keeping the words of god. then there are those that will be preached to by the 2 witnesses spreading the gospel, proclaiming the son of god, and the 144,000 jews that are set aside, and all those hear these words and believe in them will be saved from judgement. then there are those that will be judged for not believing in god and doing evil.

I was always under the impressison that the 144,000 were great men of faith who lived and died before Jesus' sacrifice.

A really dumb question, but what will happen to the excess Jews? I am truly curious.
all those not saved by believing in the resurrected and glorified son of god will be judged. because christ came, no one gets to the father but thru him. only god knows the outcome. i would pray about it.

A really dumb question, but what will happen to the excess Jews? I am truly curious.
the 144,000 spiritual Jews are from all nations ,they are spiritual Jews not fleshly Jews. yes there are litral Jews included among them , but they are from all nations .
(Romans 2:29) But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and [his] circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God............. the rest will be part of the great crowd spoken of in revelation 7;9-10 if they choose to be .

I was always under the impressison that the 144,000 were great men of faith who lived and died before Jesus' sacrifice.
the 144,000 started to be gathered at pentecost 33 C.E. and the gathering has been going on through the centuries. the men of faith spoken of in the book of Hebrews will be resurrected to live on a paradise earth. people such as NOAH, ABRAHAM ,ABEL,as my hope is to survive the great tribulation and live in this paradise earth it will be good to meet these men of faith.
the term "other sheep" includes men of faith who died before Jesus inaugurated the way to heaven, such as Noah, Abraham, Job, David, and John the Baptizer. (Matthew 11:11; Acts 2:29; Hebrews 10:19, 20) When these are resurrected in the new system of things, they can accept the Fine Shepherd and have the prospect of endless earthly life with the rest of Jesus’ "other sheep."

the 144,000 started to be gathered at pentecost 33 C.E. and the gathering has been going on through the centuries. the men of faith spoken of in the book of Hebrews will be resurrected to live on a paradise earth. people such as NOAH, ABRAHAM ,ABEL,as my hope is to survive the great tribulation and live in this paradise earth it will be good to meet these men of faith.
the term "other sheep" includes men of faith who died before Jesus inaugurated the way to heaven, such as Noah, Abraham, Job, David, and John the Baptizer. (Matthew 11:11; Acts 2:29; Hebrews 10:19, 20) When these are resurrected in the new system of things, they can accept the Fine Shepherd and have the prospect of endless earthly life with the rest of Jesus’ "other sheep."
Show me where you get this from the bible....after you read all the quotes you use in context then you should see that is a stretch at best.

The 144 thousand will have the name of God on their foreheads and they will evangalize the world during the great tribulation.

The 144 thousand will have the name of God on their foreheads and they will evangalize the world during the great tribulation.

Actually, sis, that isnt the case. The 144,000 are virgin men who bring "watch tower" magazines from the kingdom. They go into the highways and by-ways crying aloud and saying, "repent and trust in yourselves, as well in the arch angel Michael. For we have been born again, not by perishable seed but by piety and abstance from medical science. Now, therefore, we beseech you, if you would confess with your mouth that Jesus came in 1914, and that you should suffer the little children to come to the kingdom hall, you too shall be numbered among the 144,000 chosen. For narrow is the path that leads to the Kingdom Hall in Brooklyn, NY. There is, after all, one way, and it is through the brooklyn bridge."

Actually, sis, that isnt the case. The 144,000 are virgin men who bring "watch tower" magazines from the kingdom. They go into the highways and by-ways crying aloud and saying, "repent and trust in yourselves, as well in the arch angel Michael. For we have been born again, not by perishable seed but by piety and abstance from medical science. Now, therefore, we beseech you, if you would confess with your mouth that Jesus came in 1914, and that you should suffer the little children to come to the kingdom hall, you too shall be numbered among the 144,000 chosen. For narrow is the path that leads to the Kingdom Hall in Brooklyn, NY. There is, after all, one way, and it is through the brooklyn bridge."

Are you saying that Revelation is a false book? Becuase it specifically does state 12,000 virgin males each from the twelve tribes will be gathered...Interpretation of that 144,000 is I grant you, a matter of conjecture, however the number and the gender and the status of the same is planely expressed.

v/r

Joshua

Back