Other Sheep...

Actually, sis, that isnt the case. The 144,000 are virgin men who bring "watch tower" magazines from the kingdom. They go into the highways and by-ways crying aloud and saying, "repent and trust in yourselves, as well in the arch angel Michael. For we have been born again, not by perishable seed but by piety and abstance from medical science. Now, therefore, we beseech you, if you would confess with your mouth that Jesus came in 1914, and that you should suffer the little children to come to the kingdom hall, you too shall be numbered among the 144,000 chosen. For narrow is the path that leads to the Kingdom Hall in Brooklyn, NY. There is, after all, one way, and it is through the brooklyn bridge."

This doesn't seem very kind...

Are you saying that Revelation is a false book? Becuase it specifically does state 12,000 virgin males each from the twelve tribes will be gathered...Interpretation of that 144,000 is I grant you, a matter of conjecture, however the number and the gender and the status of the same is planely expressed.

v/r

Joshua

Dont be so intolerant, Josh! I was only giving my own interpretation of what I think the scriptures says. Dont judge me, please. OK, that was funny...I'm actually laughing as I typed that. That is what a lot people on this site do, they read their own meanings into scripture, rather than getting the intended meaning that is given by scriptures itself. Proper hermanutics, friend. We should all use it!

Dont be so intolerant, Josh! I was only giving my own interpretation of what I think the scriptures says. Dont judge me, please. OK, that was funny...I'm actually laughing as I typed that. That is what a lot people on this site do, they read their own meanings into scripture, rather than getting the intended meaning that is given by scriptures itself. Proper hermanutics, friend. We should all use it!

No, I wasn't being intolerant. Mee thinks the 144,000 have something to do with witnesses. I think it as to do with end times and people gathered from all over the earth (where 10 and 1/2 of the 12 tribes have been scattered). Someone else might think it was during the immediate founding of the Christian faith and something to do with the Roman empire. And some say Revelation should not even be in the Bible at all.

I was asking if you felt Revelation does not belong?

v/r

Joshua

No, I wasn't being intolerant. Mee thinks the 144,000 have something to do with witnesses. I think it as to do with end times and people gathered from all over the earth (where 10 and 1/2 of the 12 tribes have been scattered). Someone else might think it was during the immediate founding of the Christian faith and something to do with the Roman empire. And some say Revelation should not even be in the Bible at all.

I was asking if you felt Revelation does not belong?

v/r

Joshua

You misuderstand me, Josh. But its OK, thats my fault. I didnt explain myself well enough, I just wrote what came to mind. What I wrote was what I saw in scripture after I turned away from my presuppossitons and read it as a Jehovah's Witness. I was trying to be fair to mee. That said, I believe the book we have is exactly the books (66 cannonical books) God meant for us to Have, Rev., included.

You misuderstand me, Josh. But its OK, thats my fault. I didnt explain myself well enough, I just wrote what came to mind. What I wrote was what I saw in scripture after I turned away from my presuppossitons and read it as a Jehovah's Witness. I was trying to be fair to mee. That said, I believe the book we have is exactly the books (66 cannonical books) God meant for us to Have, Rev., included.

Fair enough. You just gave me pause for a second question. Why 66 books (an imperfect number)? Because it is the operators manual for man (an imperfect being)?

That's an interesting and fun thought, Q. I dont know why though.

That's an interesting and fun thought, Q. I dont know why though.

Ok, here is another bit of thought. The Bible wasn't ratified as is until the 6th century, then re-vamped again in the 16th century.

Personally I'm not concerned either, I just find the numbers...ironic.

also, the Bible is under tremendous scrutiny today (the beginning of the 6th millenium).

Always the brides maid, never the bride, as it were.

Are you saying that there were no NT scriptures until the 6th century?

Are you saying that there were no NT scriptures until the 6th century?

Actually there are over 100. But only 66 were considered for the final protestant "Bible" (as of the 16th century).

The 144 thousand will have the name of God on their foreheads and they will evangalize the world during the great tribulation.
yes the 144,000 certainly do have that name of God symbolicy on their forehead , it is there for all to see and they are not ashamed to proudly wear it and everyone recognizes who they are it stands out very clear indeed

Are you saying that Revelation is a false book? Becuase it specifically does state 12,000 virgin males each from the twelve tribes will be gathered...Interpretation of that 144,000 is I grant you, a matter of conjecture, however the number and the gender and the status of the same is planely expressed.

v/r

Joshua
the 144,000 are virgins in a spiritual way , not a litral way . they have not contaminated themselves
with false religion they are faithful to Jesus christ. and they are men and women .
"You are all, in fact, sons of God through your faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus."—Galatians 3:26-28.

What I wrote was what I saw in scripture after I turned away from my presuppossitons and read it as a Jehovah's Witness. quote]LOL i think you will find that Jehovahs witnesses do not see it as you do.

The other sheep must also allow God’s Word and his holy spirit to purify, or sanctify, them. The anointed are already sanctified in a very special way, being declared righteous and holy as Christ’s bride. (John 17:17; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Ephesians 5:23-27)

Do the other sheep also receive the holy spirit, and if so, how does it affect their lives?
The holy spirit does indeed play an important part in the lives of the other sheep. They symbolize their dedication to Jehovah by being baptized "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit." (Matthew 28:19) They recognize Jehovah’s sovereignty, submit to Christ as their King and Redeemer, and yield to the action of God’s spirit, or active force, in their lives. Day by day, they make room in their lives for "the fruitage of the spirit," namely "love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control."—Galatians 5:22, 23. which brings to mind matthew 5;5
Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.... nice:)

yes the 144,000 certainly do have that name of God symbolicy on their forehead , it is there for all to see and they are not ashamed to proudly wear it and everyone recognizes who they are it stands out very clear indeed

Mee.. Would you say it is a fair image to paint, to say that, god can control everything? He is like a universal manager, he doesn't need say help from his angels or jesus... Like;

god: "Oh mang, I have no idea what to do here... what do you think Jim?"
Jim: "Yeah, I can see where you're going wrong here brah, you need to do it the other way around."

Would that be accurate? No? Because? god is god, he needs no assitance or help, he is all knowing and all seeing.. ?

I am sure this will not get an answer, just copy and pastes from the watchtower.org... but what is the point in 144,000 going to heaven? When even you (JWs) believe man is an Earthly being we should be on Earth, that was where we are meant to live. "OH they go to HELP rule." lol but god doesn't need help from humans.... Not only that, if when satan is "defeated" everything goes back to how it was? all perfect and man living again on Earth... But, 144,000 go to heaven?? god never intended certain amounts to go to heaven. Yet a defense of the JW is that his will never bends and we will go back to a paradise world and everything how he had planned just a detour of his will no change... But 144,000 to heaven is change.

"but they will understand what we've been through! so they will be good at helping." Again, god doesn't need help! lol...

Psalm 147:5 Our lord is great, and is abundant in power; his understaning is beyond recounting.

Mee.. Would you say it is a fair image to paint, to say that, god can control everything? He is like a universal manager, he doesn't need say help from his angels or jesus... Like;

god: "Oh mang, I have no idea what to do here... what do you think Jim?"
Jim: "Yeah, I can see where you're going wrong here brah, you need to do it the other way around."

Would that be accurate? No? Because? god is god, he needs no assitance or help, he is all knowing and all seeing.. ?

I am sure this will not get an answer, just copy and pastes from the watchtower.org... but what is the point in 144,000 going to heaven? When even you (JWs) believe man is an Earthly being we should be on Earth, that was where we are meant to live. "OH they go to HELP rule." lol but god doesn't need help from humans.... Not only that, if when satan is "defeated" everything goes back to how it was? all perfect and man living again on Earth... But, 144,000 go to heaven?? god never intended certain amounts to go to heaven. Yet a defense of the JW is that his will never bends and we will go back to a paradise world and everything how he had planned just a detour of his will no change... But 144,000 to heaven is change.

"but they will understand what we've been through! so they will be good at helping." Again, god doesn't need help! lol...

Psalm 147:5 Our lord is great, and is abundant in power; his understaning is beyond recounting.
yes as psalm 147;5 says , Jehovah is abundant in power and as his name tells us .....he causes to become .........
That power is unlimited, as evidenced by the magnitude and complexity of the material universe. The Bible says that Jehovah knows the name of every star—even though there are countless billions of them! More than that, he is the source of all the energy tied up in those stars. (Isaiah 40:25, 26) Is that not amazing? And yet as astounding as these facts may be, the Bible says that "these are only hints of his power"!—Job 26:14, Today’s English Version.
There is nothing beyond his understanding.—Isaiah 40:13, 14.
Jehovah wisely causes himself to become whatever he needs to be in order to accomplish his purposes. and it is always very good. so it would not be a wise thing to knock the bible and the things in the bible because Jehovah is abundant in power . and he has everything in hand to get the earth back to paradise conditions ,and it will prove to be .
true to what his name indicates, Jehovah will bring his original purpose for mankind and the earth to its completion. (Psalm 115:16; Revelation 11:18) He will restore Paradise on earth for those who are willing to obey him as his children.—Proverbs 8:17; Matthew 5:5................. nice .

So, after that very predictable post.... You understand what you just posted correct? Now answer the orginal question keeping in mind also, what you have just posted... Why would god need man to help him "run" things?
he will prove to be what he will prove to be ......... and who are we to question the way he does things. and yes i do understand what i have posted , dont know why you think i dont?
Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years.revelation 20;6
and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth." revelation 5;10
"It is according to his good pleasure . . . to gather all things together again in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth."—EPHESIANS 1:9, 10.
"The things in the heavens" mentioned by Paul in his letter to the Ephesians are to be gathered "in the Christ." They are the limited number of humans chosen to rule with Christ in the heavens. (1 Peter 1:3, 4) These 144,000 anointed Christians are "bought from the earth," "bought from among mankind," to be joint heirs with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom.—Revelation 5:9, 10; 14:3, 4; 2 Corinthians 1:21; Ephesians 1:11; 3:6.......... do you believe in the bible and what it teaches ? i do and it is very good indeed .:)

Back