Hemp Clothing

Rightieo...Bob Seeger and the Silver Bullet Band out of Detroit. Got a couple of concert tapes of Bob that I listen to quite often. Guess I got my films and song titles confused...but then, it's a confusing old world, huh ?

Thanks InLove...flow....:)

Hi flow--

Confusing? What confusing?? Who's confused???

Now, what were we talking about? :confused: :)

(Love some of Seeger's poetry and imagery--"Ship of Fools" "Fire Lake"....)

InPeace,
InLove

The Michael Keaton film was Night Shift, not Night Moves. Sorry.

flow....:rolleyes:

Movies starring Michael John Douglas b: 1951 (aka Michael Keaton):

Cars (2006)
Starring: Owen Wilson Paul Newman
Game 6 (2006)
Starring: Michael Keaton Griffin Dunne
The Last Time (2006)
Starring: Michael Keaton Brendan Fraser
Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005)
Starring: Lindsay Lohan Breckin Meyer
White Noise (2005) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Deborah Unger
First Daughter (2004) PG
Starring: Katie Holmes Michael Keaton
Live from Baghdad (2002) Not Rated
Starring: Michael Keaton Helena Bonham Carter
Quicksand (2001)
Starring: Michael Caine Michael Keaton
A Shot at Glory (2000)
Starring: Robert Duvall Michael Keaton
Saturday Night Live: 25th Anniversary (1999) Not Rated
Starring: Dan Aykroyd Chevy Chase
James Signorelli Desperate Measures (1998)
Starring: Michael Keaton Andy Garcia
Intimate Portrait: Pam Grier (1998) Not Rated
Starring: Pam Grier Quentin Tarantino
Jack Frost (1998) PG
Starring: Michael Keaton Kelly Preston
Out of Sight (1998)
Starring: George Clooney Jennifer Lopez
Jackie Brown (1997)
Starring: Pam Grier Samuel L. Jackson
The Ultimate Batman Collection (3-Tape Set) (1997) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Val Kilmer
Joel Schumacher Multiplicity (1996) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Andie MacDowell
The Paper (1994)
Starring: Michael Keaton Robert Duvall
Speechless (1994) PG-13
Starring: Geena Davis Michael Keaton
Much Ado About Nothing (1993) PG-13
Starring: Kenneth Branagh Emma Thompson
My Life (1993) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Nicole Kidman
Batman Returns (1992) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Michelle Pfeiffer
One Good Cop (1991)
Starring: Michael Keaton Rene Russo
Pacific Heights (1990)
Starring: Melanie Griffith Matthew Modine
Batman (1989) PG-13
Starring: Jack Nicholson Michael Keaton
The Dream Team (1989) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Christopher Lloyd
Beetlejuice (1988) PG
Starring: Michael Keaton Alec Baldwin
Clean and Sober (1988)
Starring: Michael Keaton Kathy Baker
Caron The Squeeze (1987) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Rae Dawn Chong
Touch and Go (1986)
Starring: Michael Keaton Maria Conchita Alonso
Gung Ho (1985) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Gedde Watanabe
Johnny Dangerously (1984) PG-13
Starring: Michael Keaton Maureen Stapleton
Mr. Mom (1983) PG
Starring: Michael Keaton Teri Garr
Night Shift (1982)
Starring: Henry Winkler Michael Keaton

"Much Ado About Nothing" was the one I was trying to think of--thanks, Q--he was hilarious in that film! Very Monty Python. ;)

InPeace,
InLove

Not only that, but it's rumored now that he wore hemp clothing in all his pictures....:rolleyes: ;)

Thanks Q...Can't believe it was Keaton's FIRST movie.

Am I a geezer frozen in the past or what ? But then as you know, nothing really is as it appears to be...especially in the movies.

flow....;)

flowperson said:
Am I a geezer frozen in the past or what ? But then as you know, nothing really is as it appears to be...especially in the movies.

flow, there are many ways I could think of to characterize you. Now if you want to be a geezer, that's fine--nuttin' wrong with that. I like geezers, sometimes. Some of my best friends are geezers. :rolleyes: :D But "frozen in the past" is definitely not how I think of you. In fact, quite the opposite. I think it is just that you know the past counts. ;)

InPeace,
InLove

Did anybody here ever have the...intestinal fortitude...to try Kava? Sometimes it is called Kava Kava. I know it is related to the black pepper, and it tastes really nasty. Oooops, maybe gave a bit too much away already.... ;)

Did anybody here ever have the...intestinal fortitude...to try Kava? Sometimes it is called Kava Kava. I know it is related to the black pepper, and it tastes really nasty. Oooops, maybe gave a bit too much away already.... ;)
I've never used it straight...but I know it has been in some herbal combinations I've used...in relation to flu season added to concoctions to assist in relaxing the aches and pains and allowing sleep.

I remember a few years ago someone in Utah being busted for driving while under the influence of Kava...

Never knew it tasted like black pepper...might have to add some to my nasturtium salad dressing.

I've been taking Kava caps each day for about twenty years now. I first read and heard about it in an article in The Wall Street Journal . Young people were so stressed in the trading rooms of the greed-driven 80's that they would pop several pills a day to bring themselves down from the frantic emotional edge that they rode all day long..

They called it "legal marijuana". It doesn't give you any buzz at all but it evens out your environent and relaxes you so that you are able to take things more in stride without building anxiety, something I had a real problem with back then.

It is made from the roots of a pepper plant native to islands of the S. Pacific, and it was used in community rituals. It can be mixed and fermented to brew a powerful intoxicant that does (I've heard) taste like crap and many people make an herbal tea with it. I've not tried either since the caps are so convenient. I do one in the morning and one before I go to bed.

There has been some demonizing propaganda a few years back that it could cause liver problems, but the research I've done says that's only prevalent if one consumes quite a bit of alcohol in their lives. Since I have about one beer a week, I don't think I'm in trouble. My lab work metabolics always are ok.

It's impossible to find in stores these days because of the liver damage scare. I would highly recommend a website called iherb.com. There's also lots of valuable research information available there.

And wil... under the right circumstances, they'll bust you in Utah for driving under the influence of coffee.

Your comfortably numb friend....flow....:p

flow, there are many ways I could think of to characterize you. Now if you want to be a geezer, that's fine--nuttin' wrong with that. I like geezers, sometimes. Some of my best friends are geezers. :rolleyes: :D But "frozen in the past" is definitely not how I think of you. In fact, quite the opposite. I think it is just that you know the past counts. ;)

InPeace,
InLove

Had a passport pic taken recently...geezer...but not between my ears. As I said before, nothing is ever as it appears to be my sweet.

flow....:)

I've been taking Kava caps each day for about twenty years now.

They called it "legal marijuana". It doesn't give you any buzz at all but it evens out your environent and relaxes you so that you are able to take things more in stride without building anxiety, something I had a real problem with back then.

It is made from the roots of a pepper plant native to islands of the S. Pacific, and it was used in community rituals. It can be mixed and fermented to brew a powerful intoxicant that does (I've heard) taste like crap and many people make an herbal tea with it. I've not tried either since the caps are so convenient. I do one in the morning and one before I go to bed.
Thanks for the added insight Flow! I wasn't aware Kava was available in caps, among other things.

We used to have a really neat (is that word too outdated?) little vegetarian "bar" in town before they closed up and moved many miles away. I tried the Kava drink there once or twice. Seems I recall the mix with coffee was far more palatable. Of course, the caffeine might have added or changed the effect...but I recall being quite...ummm...comfortable. A lot like being drunk without being drunk. No spinning room, no hangover. But there was a residual "body tensity" for lack of a better word. Kava seemed pretty stimulating to me bodily, but mentally calming paradoxically. :confused:

And wil... under the right circumstances, they'll bust you in Utah for driving under the influence of coffee.
I'm guessing you are aware the Mormon church actively discourages the consumption of caffeinated beverages. (But you can have three wives if you can find a way to keep them all happy!) :D

well, should tell u all this...

went round to a guys, one night, long ago, for a smoke...

got there, with my rizla, only to be very dissapointed to discover he and his friends were smoking....

...pot pourri

well, should tell u all this...

went round to a guys, one night, long ago, for a smoke...

got there, with my rizla, only to be very dissapointed to discover he and his friends were smoking....

...pot pourri

Ah, but it would have been marketed as pot pourri, but was probably a dry entheogen.

Back