doo doo happens

Kindest Regards, wil!
without waste how would the plants grow in the garden...how well does our ecosystem work with no bacteria, insects, grubs, animals, eating, and reapplying fertilizer??

Every ecosystem I know of has both animal and plant life...if we wouldn't expel waste..urination, defacation, perspiration, respiration...all expel waste from our bodies...do we think we didn't need oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide either?

Is it not just our prudish nature that has such a worry about these bodily functions? Don't nomads pick up and roll camel dung for use in the fire later? Waste not want not.

This is in line with my thinking that things are as G-d intended, so that Adam and Eve would have been created with absorption and elimination equipment...in other words, there's nothing "unclean" so to speak (or perhaps "sinful" or "fallen") about the process, it is how G-d created material creatures to convert substance to energy and eliminate the harmful byproducts. Byproducts that in turn are useful and beneficial to other organisms and perform other roles and "dooties" within the whole web of life / intergalactic-interconnection / material existence-expression thing. Just some rambling considerations... :D

It used to be fertilizer, then we went to flushing it down and wasting water, we are now back to utilizing it as fertilizer again, and just starting to reduce the water..composting toilets are coming back in vogue as we see how wasteful we are...soon outhouses will be back!

I think we often take today's notions and mores and try to apply them to biblical times...it don't fit so well. I say in the allegorical garden, we metaphorically organically fertilized...
I think this is true on many levels, not just in applying modern standards to "Biblical" times. Modern sanitation methods and practices were developed for a reason...health. It is easy to hold a romantic notion that somehow things were so much better when people pooped where they wanted to...*not*. Could you imagine a romantic gondola ride on a canal in Venice Italy...if you realized that canal is the sewer for the city (as I hear it actually is, notice no one goes swimming there?). Or walking along an intimate and narrow European street in a very old city, and having someone dump their chamber pot on you (accidentally, of course...)? Human effluent has been the source of scourges large and small that have threatened humanity through the centuries. Is disease natural? I suppose it is. Is it normal? I suppose it depends who you ask. Is the suffering disease causes acceptable because it is natural and normal? I hesitate to believe a person suffering would think so. Is it correct for humans to circumvent natural processes that create suffering? "You" tell me... :D

ps...if you get eaten by an elephant how do you get out? simply run around in circles till you get all pooped out.

Reminds me of the frog that got eaten by the eagle...the eagle was some distance from home, and there was time for the frog to work his way to the back of the cabin, peek out and say; "ummm, about how high are we?"

The eagle looks around..."oh, about three or four thousand feet."

"You wouldn't be sh!ttin' me now, would ya?" :eek:

Last edited:
How do you tell the difference between a rich girl and a poor girl?

The rich girl has a canopy over her bed...

The poor girl has a can o' pee under her bed.

:D

Now I believe that there is metaphor in everything... a deeper understanding of life can be had by investigating it...

So...urination, respiration, defication, perspiration...

On one level, one may say that what we need we take into our bodies and what we don't need passes through.

That this occurs whether it is what we eat, what we read, what we see, or what we learn.

We may learn in time to quit ingesting things by any source that causes turmoil to the system or is useless.

But isn't it in reality that everything we ingest eventually is used up, spent, converted and eliminated? So even if in the previous example we think that what leaves our system is stuff that is useless to us, stuff we don't need....in truth some of it was valuable, required and our system has simply decided it is time to move on and no longer has a need...

Does some pass through before it is entirely digested, understood, utilized?

One person's trash anothers treasure...does that not apply to thought as well as physical manifestations?

Gonna need boots if this thread gets any deeper.

All this talk of dung reminded me of the story I heard.
Back in WWII the Germans were getting their butts kicked by little germs.
The Allies weren't so much the trouble but the raging trots in the form of dysentery was.
Huge losses, troops dying, many decommissioned and out of action due to being stuck on the toilet all day.
Really crappy scenario all around.
So they came up with the bright idea one day to quiz up the locals who for some reason, never had the same issues.
How were they immune?
What was it that made it possible for them to live there and not be affected?
So they looked into it and found out that the people were not really immune.
When someone got ill with dysentery they would quickly apply the local remedy and they got better almost right away.
So what was it, this remedy?
They would follow a horse, donkey or camel around and wait for it to drop a steaming load of fresh "buns" and they would promptly scoop up a serving and .....ahem.....eat it.
Sounds disgusting, but the secret was actually a small bacteria called bacillus subtilus which has a short life span outside of an animals stove pipe so only fresh buns will do.
The Germans were pretty grossed out by the idea of being a copraphiliac so they devised a method to grow the little bacilli in a culture tank which worked out pretty well.
The troops had a ready cure and dysentery was made easy to deal with.

The weird part of this is these bacterium are only readily available in Europe.
Dysentery still plagues many people around the world.
Why is that?
The cure is simple and cheap and easy to replicate, and one need to resort to eating crap either with modern culture technology.

Back