free will is dangerous

if a holy spirit exists, why does every religion have its equivalent.

why are athiests, muslims, hindus, natives, african traditional religion practicioners, sufis and wiccans NOT falling on there knees when god reveals himself to them?

in 2000 years you would think all false religions would die out. the real god could offer enough evidence to convert more people, unless he doesnt care that they are following a wrong path.

and I dont get how you make the premis that if a god existed, we should know what we as humans deserve as far as proof.

in my imagination we wouldnt need to worry about this and that and wonder if there was proof because god would be real and interacting withus in real ways all the time.

Im not able to quantify what a human beings "deserves" as proof of god

if the stakes are hell, I guess we deserve just about everything imaginable to get us on gods side.

this isnt a little game we are playing. obviously....

I dont understand how there could be an established framework of parameters that describe what is fair if a god wants followers, punishes those that dont follow, and never actually shows up except in peoples thoughts and feelings.

sweriously every time we think we interact witrh god, its a thought or a feeling!

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor 2:14

I have accepted, I have un accepted...I phase in and out. My beliefs shift as I do different things throughout the day. lol. its how the mind works

the idea of belief in god is a funny thing. its an idea held in the mind sometimes.

in some situations, piano playing, or if your kids are being threatened by a dangerous animal, we lose all sense of anything, we forget that we are a human, we just arent thinking about it. we are one with the piano music, or we are immersed in saving our kids at all cost.

its crazy when you think about it.

I have accepted, I have un accepted...I phase in and out. My beliefs shift as I do different things throughout the day. lol. its how the mind works
Hot or Cold the Lord can deal with you...luke warm He spits out of His mouth.

Do you understand this? CHOOSE.

I am a trickster, I cant chose. Im forever stuck at the crossroads.

I imagin you saying it in a loud orkish voice

MAKE YER CHOICE SCUM

BOW DOWN!

BEFORE THE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

Are you kidding? Some kinda joke? Is this you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Free will is there for us to make a choice. Whatever religion you are in, the choice is still there. There are really only two choices anyway: choose God's way or choose our own way. Every choice we make is predicated on whether or not we do the right thing. God has implanted that sense in our conscience. Granted, we live in a fallen world and our selfish desires will tell us to do the wrong thing. But God will also let us know in that still small voice whether or not that choice is wrong. But are we willing to listen to that voice? It is a battle of the wills, ours's and God's, and we have to sometime go counter to what we seem to lean toward in making the right choice.

Those choices become easier when we allow God's Spirit to control our hearts, and we train our minds through His Word. Our clouded mind will become clearer through disciplined communion with God. The Holy Spirit will teach us right from wrong. Not that our freewill is violated, but rather His will becomes our will. It is a transference of wills as God takes control of our lives, as we allow Him.

And I think this phenomina is not limited to the Christian experience, for I've known people in other religions who have discovered this within the paradigm of their own beliefs. I just think, though, that the Christian faith, from my experiece, touches God in the deepest way, for it emphasizes a relationship with God that allows an intimate connection that will induce God's Spirit into my own in the most efficient manner.

My personal view is that if someone is trying their best to live for God, regardless of religious affliation, God is going to be there to provide for them and reveal Himself to them. If they are ignorance of Christ, well, God will still work through their ignorance. For He has promised at least that:

"But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul." - Deuteronomy 4:29

That's why I don't worry about people like the Jews, for I believe they are still under OT promises, even if they don't understand Jesus, they still wait for their Messiah, and I believe that as long as Jews are earnestly following what they believe is God's Word (specifically, the Torah), God will honor that.

Are you kidding? Some kinda joke? Is this you?

You're not taking it in the right context. Shadowman was being sarcastic, so I copied him in his sarcasm. It's a long read (about 8 weeks worth). But I suppose it would look wrong to a stranger coming in to read, so I'll remove it.

I imagin you saying it in a loud orkish voice

MAKE YER CHOICE SCUM

BOW DOWN!

BEFORE THE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

No, I was being sarcastic, kinda like you. Only I'm not so good at it.

v/r

Joshua

I wasnt being sarcastic. I seriously think about these questions a lot.

I definitely think about the answers, although I dont understand where they vcome from when they follow from the questions and statements I posed. sometimes

I definitely think about the answers, although I dont understand where they vcome from when they follow from the questions and statements I posed. sometimes

No, you just don't accept any of the answers you get to the questions you pose.

in 2000 years you would think all false religions would die out. the real god could offer enough evidence to convert more people, unless he doesnt care that they are following a wrong path.
He has given us everything we need.
It is up to you to choose if you want to believe and have faith.
He does not want a robot so you have to choose.
No he will not send you to hell if you do not choose. He will guarantee you do not send yourself if you do choose him.

Hello Mcfly.... If He Gave Us Everything We Needed Everyone Would Choose Him. Look. The Only Reason We Are Alive Is To Weed Out The People That Get To Go To Hell. If There Was No Need To Choose God, And Everyone Chose Him, We Wouldnt Need This "worldly" Miserable Earth Right? We Could Skip Right Ahead To The Kingdom. There Wqould Be No Choice. The Only Reason Its A Choice Is Because Obviously Some People Dont Think Its An Obvious Choice.

The Only Reason We Are Alive Is To Weed Out The People That Get To Go To Hell.
The only reason we're alive is to pay homage to our creator and serve him.
If There Was No Need To Choose God, And Everyone Chose Him, We Wouldnt Need This "worldly" Miserable Earth Right? We Could Skip Right Ahead To The Kingdom.
That's the whole point of choosing Him. It doesn't matter how many choose. It's in the individual's choosing.
There Wqould Be No Choice. The Only Reason Its A Choice Is Because Obviously Some People Dont Think Its An Obvious Choice.
The natural man doesn't perceive the workings of G-d as they are of a spiritual nature.

The only reason we're alive is to pay homage to our creator and serve him.

That's the whole point of choosing Him. It doesn't matter how many choose. It's in the individual's choosing.

The natural man doesn't perceive the workings of G-d as they are of a spiritual nature.

ok so why doesnt he make himself more obvious if thats the only reason.

hey did you go to work today? check the news? read any books? hear any music? See any art? all these human things, why are they here?

what do you mean thats the whole point of choosing. I thought we were here to praise god. Why is it not obvious?.... are we supposed to praise god because hes there or is there like a reason for it besides that. Is it just like, well god is here and we have to praise him so we better praise him. or are we supposed to actually want to praise him?

and where would we get the understanding to make the decision whether or not we should choose to praise. I mean we have to learn how to think first right? How do we learn to recognize something worthy of praise?

Isnt that interesting? to me maybe it seems. and me only. I think Ill be laughing in hell or sometihng.

OHO so the natural man doesnt undeerstand the workings of god.

so how are wesupposed to make this choice? and how do we understand this evidence? and so what. I mean, if we natural men dont understand... why bother in the first place? who are we to say if we know anytihng. we might as well all kill ourselves.

Back