Gospel inconsistencies

Thats what you get for going to seminary school? lol

Personally, I wouldnt go near one without a good dose of spiritual discernment.

I trust that same discernment when I go into a new church.. thank the Lord Im never let down. I pray for wisdom on everything including the people I let into my life.. whether they call themselves Christian or not. He never ever lets me down.

Thats what you get for going to seminary school? lol

Personally, I wouldnt go near one without a good dose of spiritual discernment.

I trust that same discernment when I go into a new church.. thank the Lord Im never let down. I pray for wisdom on everything including the people I let into my life.. whether they call themselves Christian or not. He never ever lets me down.

Hey FS...

I understand exactly what you are saying... but... unfortunately discernment ( IMHO ) can be jaded by your frame of reference... if you are raised in a certain frame of reference... it can make discerning things correctly .... difficult... no???

just my thoughts...

Peace

Hey FS...

I understand exactly what you are saying... but... unfortunately discernment ( IMHO ) can be jaded by your frame of reference... if you are raised in a certain frame of reference... it can make discerning things correctly .... difficult... no???

just my thoughts...

Peace

I agree. I believe it is healthy to step back away from you denominational influences and try with an open mind to understand the scriptures without bias. It has done some refreshing things to my relationship with God, not being bound so much to doctrine as much as trying to surf.

Gospel Inconsistencies:
Could someone please point these out, chapter and verse?

Hello Pattimax,
You can find webpages full of these- infidels has a good list.

Some are not contradictions at all, but seem that way because of our preconceived ideas.

Greetings,
Br. Bruce

Here is a good reason why students should examine the contradictions (so called.
From one of the pages you listed Br. Wil:
Is Paul lying? In Acts 20:35 Paul told people "to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Since Jesus never made such a biblical statement, isn’t Paul guilty of deception?

Here we begin to see the nonsense of the lazy human invention of "Sola Scripture". Of course we can imagine that Jesus did say the above words ( and many others unrecorded as well). Just because it wasn't written down doesn't mean He didn't say it!

-Br.Bruce

Here is a good reason why students should examine the contradictions (so called.
From one of the pages you listed Br. Wil:

Here we begin to see the nonsense of the lazy human invention of "Sola Scripture". Of course we can imagine that Jesus did say the above words ( and many others unrecorded as well). Just because it wasn't written down doesn't mean He didn't say it!
Namaste Bruce,

You are exactly right. If all Jesus ever said is what is recorded he was a pretty quiet fellow...and if what was written is evidence that appears incorrect.

I'm also in agreement in shining light on opposing viewpoints, bringing all the cards to the table, I believe it is quite powerful in developing an understanding.

Not to say there aren't some inconsitencies....just that in time you develop an understanding of how things were put together and to some they become non issues.

Now that caught my attention. How does that come into play?

Hi Q,
Well there might be something deep behind this little question... We are made in the "Image of God" and that Image has deep meaning.

One could say it is tradition- but I'm not content to stand on traditions.

I do think Muslims have the right idea when it comes to ablutions and not wearing shoes in the Mosque.

Here is an essay on the barefoot tradition.

Beautiful feet are not only a promise, but also an admonition (Eph 6:15). Our feet are "to be "shod, not with shoes, but with the preparation of the gospel of peace."

Ex 3:5,
Then He said, "Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground."

Joshua 5:l5
The captain of the LORD’S host said to Joshua, “Remove your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so.

Going barefoot is a sign of humility and fasting:
fast
(Saadia; Targum Yonathan; cf. Yoma 77a). Literally, 'afflict yourselves,' or 'afflict your souls.' 'Affliction' also includes refraining from washing, anointing, wearing shoes and sex (Yad, Shevithath Assur 1:5), but many say that these are forbidden only by rabbinic legislation (Tosafoth, Yoma 7b).

So approaching God barefoot is the way to go, as I see it.

God Bless,
Br. Bruce

Hi Q,
Well there might be something deep behind this little question... We are made in the "Image of God" and that Image has deep meaning.

One could say it is tradition- but I'm not content to stand on traditions.

I do think Muslims have the right idea when it comes to ablutions and not wearing shoes in the Mosque.

Here is an essay on the barefoot tradition.

Ex 3:5,

Joshua 5:l5

Going barefoot is a sign of humility and fasting:

So approaching God barefoot is the way to go, as I see it.

God Bless,
Br. Bruce

That just went right out the window. I didn't ask about bare feet. I asked about Bible inconsistencies...I don't care what Islam has to say about the matter either...

Last time I checked, God just wanted man to (in mind and heart) bend a knee when addressing God...didn't ever mention squat about being bare foot.

So...this is going south quickly.

I know Im going off track with this I just wanted to point these out.

Isaiah 20:12 at the same time the Lord spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, "Go, and remove the sackcloth from your body, and take your sandals off your feet." And he did so, walking naked and barefoot

Exodus 3:5Then He said, "Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground."

That same scripture was quoted in Acts 7:33

I also wanted to add this because it so deeply touched me.

I just heard a sermon from my pastor about Moses asking to see God and God told him that he couldnt or he would die and he told him to hide himself in a crevice and God let His afterglow pass by and showed Moses one aspect of Himself which was His goodness.. After hearing this sermon I was in such awe of God the Father that I wanted to fall on my face before Him and worship. I will never simply say "God is good" without truly meaning it from the depths of my soul.

We are made in the "Image of God" and that Image has deep meaning.
Beautiful feet are not only a promise, but also an admonition (Eph 6:15). Our feet are "to be "shod, not with shoes, but with the preparation of the gospel of peace."

Romans 10:15
And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

How beautiful are the feet of those who
preach the gospel of peace,

Who bring glad tidings of good things!

Were they being sent to Holy Ground?
Are audiences more attentive when they can see whether or not the speaker has his feet shod?
What was the message?

Back