Apocrypha

brian

Administrator
Veteran Member
Reaction score
It's been an absolute sod to put up.

But foundatinist.org now has the biggest online collection of New Testament Apocrypha on the internet.

(feels exhausted)

Still, the Hindu section was probably worse - the first book of the first Veda is around 150 pages on it's own. Not fun to reformat.

(limps off for a rest)

And a most excellent job that you have done as well! However, if I may be so cheeky as to say it, I do believe that there are still some files that you could host locally? I am sure that I have seen some of the Nag Hammadi documents around the world in other translations. I am quite sure that the Apocalypse of Adam (or was it the Revelation of Adam?) can be found and used without copyright.

Perhaps I should not say so until you are better rested!

It's been an absolute sod to put up.

But foundatinist.org now has the biggest online collection of New Testament Apocrypha on the internet.

(feels exhausted)

Still, the Hindu section was probably worse - the first book of the first Veda is around 150 pages on it's own. Not fun to reformat.

(limps off for a rest)

Have you noticed all of the documents basically repeat the same basic truths?

Not really - there are huge differences in theology among the Apocrypha. :)

IB.... that's true amongst both OT and NT Apocrypha, 'tisn't it? Even in just the "Gnostic" writings, I find a huge difference in the theologies.

Donnann, I think you have to "pop up" a level and impose some assumed "leveler". Schuon and Weber (to mention just two) found this in the Perenial Philosophy. The Kosmos is a sphere of infinate radius with infinate paths for each point on that sphere to reach the center and the center is G!d.

One discovers the basic truths not in the texts but within oneself. Those basic truths are then verified by going deep with the texts. They are validated by applying them to the Kosmos... a kind of self-referential dance from Here to There and Back Again,

Pax et amore Vincunt omnia....Radarmark

IB.... that's true amongst both OT and NT Apocrypha, 'tisn't it? Even in just the "Gnostic" writings, I find a huge difference in the theologies.

Donnann, I think you have to "pop up" a level and impose some assumed "leveler". Schuon and Weber (to mention just two) found this in the Perenial Philosophy. The Kosmos is a sphere of infinate radius with infinate paths for each point on that sphere to reach the center and the center is G!d.

One discovers the basic truths not in the texts but within oneself. Those basic truths are then verified by going deep with the texts. They are validated by applying them to the Kosmos... a kind of self-referential dance from Here to There and Back Again,

Pax et amore Vincunt omnia....Radarmark

There is a universe beyond this universe that this univere was patterned after. That is where GOD and heavenly beings literally live. Spheres that are planets but consist of much more light or energy and is bigger than this one. This is why its children of GOD.

There is a universe beyond this universe that this univere was patterned after.

Hi Donnann, what is your opinion of Occam's razor? Many of your theories seem overly complex to me :confused:

For example, what is your evidence for a universe beyond this universe? Scientists are still unlocking the mysteries of our universe, estimated to be at least 93 billion light years in diameter (very big), yet somehow you think there is another universe beyond this one???

There is a universe beyond this universe that this univere was patterned after. That is where GOD and heavenly beings literally live. Spheres that are planets but consist of much more light or energy and is bigger than this one. This is why its children of GOD.
Hasn't G!d always lived beyond what we know and understand?

Until we know and understand it....we get there and He has just moved out.

Hasn't G!d always lived beyond what we know and understand?

Until we know and understand it....we get there and He has just moved out.

I also believe he is here as well. I believe one day the two universes will all be one big universe.

Hi Donnann, what is your opinion of Occam's razor? Many of your theories seem overly complex to me :confused:

For example, what is your evidence for a universe beyond this universe? Scientists are still unlocking the mysteries of our universe, estimated to be at least 93 billion light years in diameter (very big), yet somehow you think there is another universe beyond this one???
T

Hi Iowaguy

They really are pretty simple. This universe is really just a smaller version of the universe beyond this one. The only difference is this one has elements sealed away from the physical where the universe beyond is one with all its elements. The universe outside this one is not in any kind of damaged shape and is nothing but constant life processes unlike this one. I have a thread about the bible code. I believe there is a blueprint simular to the blueprint in the movie Contact with Jodi Foster contained in the name of GOD YHVH written vertically with the vowels to form the body of god then a mirrored counterpart. Each letter represents a number but also an element which has chemical equations. It also literally forms a picture simular to the video in the movie contact with the blueprint imbedded within the video. This was sent by this other universe just as beings have been sent into the human community for some purpose as well., Funny you mention this when the movie also mentions occams razor :)

IG-- I think I understand what D is saying. But I agree with you, it is closer to my Kabbalistic meta-physics than the "standard scientistic rap" (nothing before, nothing beyond, all happenstance). So by Ockham's razor I am out in the cold (along with donnann as I see it).

Peace, radarmark

Hi Iowaguy

They really are pretty simple. This universe is really just a smaller version of the universe beyond this one. The only difference is this one has elements sealed away from the physical where the universe beyond is one with all its elements. The universe outside this one is not in any kind of damaged shape and is nothing but constant life processes unlike this one. I have a thread about the bible code. I believe there is a blueprint simular to the blueprint in the movie Contact with Jodi Foster contained in the name of GOD YHVH written vertically with the vowels to form the body of god then a mirrored counterpart. Each letter represents a number but also an element which has chemical equations. It also literally forms a picture simular to the video in the movie contact with the blueprint imbedded within the video. This was sent by this other universe just as beings have been sent into the human community for some purpose as well., Funny you mention this when the movie also mentions occams razor :)

OK, well I believe there are 3 universes and the 3rd one has pink unicorns that are controlling the other 2 universes with Atari joysticks. Do you have any more solid evidence for your theory than mine?

I'm not trying to be mean in any way, it's a free country and you're certainly welcome to believe whatever you want. It's just that I see quite a few theories floated on these boards without any solid evidence to back them up.

I do think Occam's razor generally applies in such circumstances. If two theories are equally likely to explain a given phenomena, then the simplest is likely closer to the truth. If one argues for a more complex explanation for a given phenomena, there needs to be sufficient proof to justify that increased complexity...

OK, well I believe there are 3 universes and the 3rd one has pink unicorns that are controlling the other 2 universes with Atari joysticks. Do you have any more solid evidence for your theory than mine?

I'm not trying to be mean in any way, it's a free country and you're certainly welcome to believe whatever you want. It's just that I see quite a few theories floated on these boards without any solid evidence to back them up.

I do think Occam's razor generally applies in such circumstances. If two theories are equally likely to explain a given phenomena, then the simplest is likely closer to the truth. If one argues for a more complex explanation for a given phenomena, there needs to be sufficient proof to justify that increased complexity...

Sorry but I cannot just type evidence in the blog but there is evidence. I understand your disbelief and it doesnt offend me at all. I believe also in life on other planets as well but also believe not only have heavenly beings been sent to earth but also the other planets . At least there I am in the majority who do believe we are not alone in the universe., I know your not trying to be mean and just cannnot accept a concept like that :)

I do have a sense of humor and that first sentence was very funny

Back