New Banner

I have to say, the bloody one gave me the heebie-jeebies too. Though I wasn't brave enough to go to the site .... I got more than enough of a feel for it from the ad :mad:

Glad it wasn't just me Impqueen. I am actually hard to shock but when I saw the ad I just had to have a look, even though I knew it would be offensive. I admit it, if it says wet paint I have to touch it to see if it is. :D

Well I am now getting anti-zionist and Cuba-hate banners in full glaring blood-spattered technicolour too :(

I just keep getting:

Free Meditation - Seattle - Free classes to transform your life with simple non-religious practices

...at least 60% to 75% of the time.

I'm going crazy..

the last three or four days....the cross at Nazareth Banner has been consistently targetting me. (since I clicked it...fool!)

"Enter Here !"
flashing- very hard to resist........ large sparkling cross in the background..towering over the Judean landscape ...sparkling with glass mosaic

then....."In Nazareth, City of Jesus"
wait for it rolling up....I'm getting two banners now

"Join us and have your name engraved on the Nazareth cross"

so I want to know:
a. is this only been advertised in "christian countries"
b. only advertised in "christian countries" with known amounts of foolish people
c. only advertised in "christian countries" with known amounts of foolish people with known amounts of excess cash or easily available credit

How long would a large cross last in Nazareth ?

I must click on something else soon If I want to continue to visit this site:eek::confused::D

Of course, 17th. :p
I just laughed at the 'tooting your own horn' aspect of it, is all. {Had a feeling you might respond to that. :D }

*hears music in his head*

" Where have all good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where’s the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?"

*nods his head*

Oh yah... I responded to that one....

Sorry about the late replies - afraid I didn't see this thread before.

As for the banners - it's just Google Adsense, which means the ads are triggered by a wide range of advertisers based on:

- topic of the thread
- IP location of the visitor
- companies trying to advertise

so I actually have very little control over which ads may be displayed.

However, I can block ads if I know the URL, so if you see any further ads that may cause some offence, please do post the website name here (don't include the http:// or www - just domain name - which should show at the bottom of the ad) and I'll get it blocked.

Thanks IBrian,

Thank you for the free access to this site and maintaining it. I know that the google ads are the price we pay for this.

Ard

Thank you Brian.

I am sorry, it is so rude to complain when you provide CR for free and we all get so much out of it, I just thought a couple of ads were giving such a bad impression.

dauer and i were getting annoyed by the "conversion to judaism" ad, just so you know (i've only just seen this thread myself) so we asked brian to have it removed as well.

presumably, MW, the "adsense" is taking "muslim" and "woman" and taking the lowest common denominator of the combination of the two. unsurprising if inappropriate.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Thank you Brian.

I am sorry, it is so rude to complain when you provide CR for free and we all get so much out of it, I just thought a couple of ads were giving such a bad impression.

No problem at all - I don't want CR to be focused on ads, and they pay very little anyway.

So if any are a problem, I'm happy to block them where I can. :)

Adsense ? Nonsense !

Thank you Brian from a devoted CR member . I love being here...adverts and all !

By the way have you ever seen the 50's film, "The Man In The Grey Flannel Suit" with Gregory Peck as the man ? Says it all about adsense.

flow....:)

dauer and i were getting annoyed by the "conversion to judaism" ad, just so you know (i've only just seen this thread myself) so we asked brian to have it removed as well.

presumably, MW, the "adsense" is taking "muslim" and "woman" and taking the lowest common denominator of the combination of the two. unsurprising if inappropriate.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Shalom BB

I don't know whether to fall off my chair laughing or put my foot through the screen.

I wonder if google know how inappropriate some of their ads are, or if they even care?!

Salaam
Sally

I love being here...adverts and all !

Hey, that's easy for you to say Flow, the little buggers aren't following you around, thrusting womens bits at you and telling you that you should be dead. Tis a tad offputting. :p

"I wonder if google know how inappropriate some of their ads are, or if they even care?!"

Not while they counting profit in billions they dont.

MW...salaam...

You just imagine that the negativity is following you around. You must learn to ignore the obvious and adhere to the non-obvious because the obvious always presents us with untrue illusions, and the non-obvious always challenges us to use our Allah-given gifts to determine what is right, true, and real. In a sense the term "all is maya" is true when it comes to the obvious.

It takes a lot of faith and work to live this way, but I've been doing it since about 1972 and I'm still walking around and breathing each day, and I still mostly have an optimistic take on our futures, despite what the darkness throws down across our paths. So just look at the advert thing in a way that acknowledges that it may affect you in some negative ways sometimes so that others may earn their daily bread, but that without them CR might not have a chance to exist at all which would surely be a tragedy .

And, you will note that I ignored your tongue out-sticking smiley face (even though it's also my fave here) and tried to address the underlying non-obvious truth in my reply in order to attempt providing the most benefit for the most people on CR through our exchange. Absolutely NOTHING is simple anymore...have you noticed ?

salaam alaykum my sister....flow....:cool::p

So just look at the advert thing in a way that acknowledges that it may affect you in some negative ways sometimes so that others may earn their daily bread, but that without them CR might not have a chance to exist at all which would surely be a tragedy .

wa aleykum salaam Flow, always a pleasure to hear from you.

You are right it would be a huge tragedy and I do realise CR needs the revenue. Perhaps I am just so troubled by the ads because they seem to be a reflection of my chosen faith? BB is right of course, my username and specific words in my posts are where the spiders are choosing the ads from. However, when words such as Muslim and Islam bring up adverts of violence then we (Muslims) need to sit back and think about the world view of our faith. Just makes me so sad really.

You shall have to give me "go with the flow" lessons, I know I am far too uptight sometimes. :eek:

Salaam
Sally

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Back