Respectful question about Jesus (pbuh)

Forgive me Blazn but what is your belief of G-d's role? For me it is only G-d that can judge or forgive sin.
The father, the son, and the holy spirit are one God with three roles. The father has given his son glory and has exhalted him above all things, for he being the word of god emptied himself so he could die once for everyones sins as the lamb of god. he is the first resurrected spiritually and bodily and sits at the right hand of the father and has been given judgment over all things for through him all things were created. and basically the scripture seattlegal posted; “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

Thank you Seattlegal and Blazn for your explanations. I am sorry but I will have to agree to disagree on this point. I accept that Jesus (pbuh) will return to usher in the Day of Judgement but my belief is that G-d alone will be our judge, as only He has this authority.

Salaam
MW

Since the Qu'ran says that the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel are from God and God's words cannot be changed, i too will have to agree to disagree and accept the words that prophets, disciples, apostles, angels, holy spirit, and God the Father himself have proclaimed throughout the scriptures, that Jesus Christ is Lord. That is some of the reasons, i would have to disagree, but in case i didnt say or will say again, i appreciate your questions and interest.

Blazn, there is of course the issue of human interference in the scriptures and their interpretation (in Islam as well).

I would have to disagree, the Quran does not proclaim Jesus (pbuh) to be anything other than a Prophet, albeit a great Prophet and he is the Prophet that will be sent by G-d to usher in the Day of Judgement. In the Quran, all worship is reserved for G-d and all actions are only by His will (ie the Prophets (pbut) do as G-d commands and are His servants).

Blazn, there is of course the issue of human interference in the scriptures and their interpretation (in Islam as well).

I would have to disagree, the Quran does not proclaim Jesus (pbuh) to be anything other than a Prophet, albeit a great Prophet and he is the Prophet that will be sent by G-d to usher in the Day of Judgement. In the Quran, all worship is reserved for G-d and all actions are only by His will (ie the Prophets (pbut) do as G-d commands and are His servants).

So if the Q'uran states that they are all inspired of God and they can be corrupted by Man then what exactly are you saying about God? And how is the Q'uran exempt from mans manipulation...

Ive heard this argument used ... anytime our bible says something that doesnt agree with a muslims belief they use this even though their own holy book says the bible is from Allah Himself. Its very weak IMO and VERY frustrating to have discourse with muslims because of this very argument.

You are welcome like everyone else to look at the ORIGINALS. But will you? No because it might change everything about your beliefs. Its ok though because one day we will all be facing the same God and all will know the truth.

Ive heard this argument used ... anytime our bible says something that doesnt agree with a muslims belief they use this even though their own holy book says the bible is from Allah Himself. Its very weak IMO and VERY frustrating to have discourse with muslims because of this very argument.

I do actually say the same about the Quran Faithfulservant. Anyone can corrupt a message with it's interpretation and many do on both sides. I can site many examples of verses of the Quran that are a very simple and pure message of G-d but then some people add an elephant, subtract a banana and end up with an unrecognisable message.

You are welcome like everyone else to look at the ORIGINALS. But will you? No because it might change everything about your beliefs. Its ok though because one day we will all be facing the same God and all will know the truth.

Well I was a Christian before I became a Muslim, so was exposed to some degree to the Bible. I also try to learn from BB about the Torah, hence my thread Judaism 101. So please don't make assumptions about what I would or would not look at.

Do you also find it frustrating to talk to Jews, as they do not accept Jesus (pbuh) as the Messiah? Of course they had the ORIGINAL, ORIGINAL which I believe differs in places to the Christian interpretations?

Hello everyone, may I ask a question about Jesus (pbuh) from a Christian view.

I was watching a tv programme called the Islamic Jesus, it was looking at the story of Jesus (pbuh) in the Quran and the similarities and differences with the Bible story.

Now forgive me because, as those of you that speak to me regularly know, I have trouble understanding whether Christians see Jesus (pbuh) as G-d Himself or ..... well I really don't know, so shall not try to guess.

The programme asked a question that made me stop and think, it was "if Jesus (pbuh) was G-d then who was he praying to?"

I would be interested in the Christian answer to this question, as I would love to understand what you believe the relationship between Jesus (pbuh) and G-d was/is. Forgive me if I don't get it quickly as I have struggled with this question all my life.

Jesus is Lord and GOD. Pretty simple Mus.

Hi Q

I accept that as your belief but that doesn't explain who he was praying to, if as you say he was himself G-d.

Salaam

Allah ak-bar, Mus.

I am three in one. I am the physical me. I am the thinking me, and I am the spritual me...

Without any one of the three, I am no longer. Agreed?

Jesus came to earth as a corporial being. But His "mind and spirit" were elsewhere...

Often I look to my "higher self" for insight and guidance. It is still me, just a variation of me. And my "higher self" is not with me day to day (else I wouldn't get into the trouble I do...):eek:

v/r

Q

Last edited:
Allah ak-bar, Mus.

Sah, allahu akbar. :D

I am three in one. I am the physical me. I am the thinking me, and I am the spritual me...

Without any one of the three, I am no longer. Agreed?

Jesus came to earth as a corpial being. But His "mind and spirit" were elsewhere...

Often I look to my "higher self" for insight and guidance. It is still me, just a variation of me. And my "higher self" is not with me day to day (else I wouldn't get into the trouble I do...):eek:

Excellent explanation Q thank you. (I know about the getting into trouble bit, maybe we need to concentrate on communing with our higher selves a little more). ;)

Q may I ask what you believe happened when Jesus (pbuh) returned to heaven, did he become 'part' of G-d again or did he remain a seperate entity?

Sah, allahu akbar. :D

Excellent explanation Q thank you. (I know about the getting into trouble bit, maybe we need to concentrate on communing with our higher selves a little more). ;)

Q may I ask what you believe happened when Jesus (pbuh) returned to heaven, did he become 'part' of G-d again or did he remain a seperate entity?

He sits at the right hand of the Father Mus.

v/r

Q

There is a book by F. M. Busby called "All These Earths", that you ought to read when you get a chance. It will knock your socks off and make you ponder the omnipotence of God.

I find it hard to believe that people would not want their God to walk among them day to day.

I find it hard to believe that people can't accept that God could walk among them day to day.

Can't put fetters around God Mus.

v/r

Q

my point being there are two many witnessess, prophets, disciples, etc. all pointing, proclaiming, and interacting with jesus for believers to toss that all aside for someone that claims to have received a message that differs. according to the quran, the holy books cannot be altered, so that means all the different books of the bible that all have the same message that jesus is lord and rose on the third day like he promised is true. the only thing i can deduce then is that someone perhaps heard one thing, didnt understand, and wrote it down wrong. because there are too many people that are saying the same thing at different and at the same times in addition to it being the word of god for it too be incorrect.

if religion was a car wreck, lol...some may think it is, but if it was a car wreck, and you were a policeman, who would you listen to to get an accurate police report? the 20 people that saw the accident before it happened, as it happened, and after it happened and all are saying the same thing, or the one guy across the street whose account differs from the rest?

my point being there are two many witnessess, prophets, disciples, etc. all pointing, proclaiming, and interacting with jesus for believers to toss that all aside for someone that claims to have received a message that differs. according to the quran, the holy books cannot be altered, so that means all the different books of the bible that all have the same message that jesus is lord and rose on the third day like he promised is true. the only thing i can deduce then is that someone perhaps heard one thing, didnt understand, and wrote it down wrong. because there are too many people that are saying the same thing at different and at the same times in addition to it being the word of god for it too be incorrect.

if religion was a car wreck, lol...some may think it is, but if it was a car wreck, and you were a policeman, who would you listen to to get an accurate police report? the 20 people that saw the accident before it happened, as it happened, and after it happened and all are saying the same thing, or the one guy across the street whose account differs from the rest?

I'd pull the computer out of the car and download the data...:eek::D

v/r

Q

There is a book by F. M. Busby called "All These Earths", that you ought to read when you get a chance. It will knock your socks off and make you ponder the omnipotence of God.

I shall look on amazon later, thanks. I never question the omnipotence of G-d, all I question are the human interpretations of G-d's message. I truly believe G-d's message is simple and unchanging but humans insist on 'interpreting' it and despite our claims to intelligence we appear to manage to turn a very simple message into a very convoluted one.

I find it hard to believe that people would not want their God to walk among them day to day.

Perhaps He has done many, many times. Perhaps He will be the next person I walk past? Who is to say.

I find it hard to believe that people can't accept that God could walk among them day to day.

G-d can do anything He wills. We just differ in belief as to whether G-d walked the earth as Jesus (pbuh).

Can't put fetters around God Mus.

Would never try to Q.

Salaam

my point being there are two many witnessess, prophets, disciples, etc. all pointing, proclaiming, and interacting with jesus for believers to toss that all aside

I do not toss it aside. I believe that Jesus (pbuh) performed miracles, that he brought a message of peace from G-d and that he shall return. I think I would have been about 5 years old when my heart told me there was something wrong with the idea of Jesus (pbuh) being the son of G-d and I am sorry if that offends you but nothing has ever made me rethink that belief. That is, I think, the only issue about him where we have differing beliefs.

I shall look on amazon later, thanks. I never question the omnipotence of G-d, all I question are the human interpretations of G-d's message. I truly believe G-d's message is simple and unchanging but humans insist on 'interpreting' it and despite our claims to intelligence we appear to manage to turn a very simple message into a very convoluted one.

Perhaps He has done many, many times. Perhaps He will be the next person I walk past? Who is to say.

G-d can do anything He wills. We just differ in belief as to whether G-d walked the earth as Jesus (pbuh).

Would never try to Q.

Salaam

Sorry Mus. Didn't mean to imply anything.

v/r

Q

Sorry Mus. Didn't mean to imply anything.

No problem Q, I didn't think you were trying to imply anything. Was just trying to explain that I accept G-d's omnipotence without question.

Salaam

No problem Q, I didn't think you were trying to imply anything. Was just trying to explain that I accept G-d's omnipotence without question.

Salaam
...but not the "trinity of God"...

How can one not accept both? If it is God we are trying to describe, can He not be more than what we consider Him to be?

Or do we make Him in "our image"?

I do not toss it aside. I believe that Jesus (pbuh) performed miracles, that he brought a message of peace from G-d and that he shall return. I think I would have been about 5 years old when my heart told me there was something wrong with the idea of Jesus (pbuh) being the son of G-d and I am sorry if that offends you but nothing has ever made me rethink that belief. That is, I think, the only issue about him where we have differing beliefs.
of course, the world is not setup perfectly. as in all things, we dont all get the same start in life. many of us are born into religions, products or pleasers of society, decision makers within a fishbowl. the most important thing is to keep growing within your faith and within your individual and personal love towards god always being honest to yourself and to him, and recognize based on his words and his love towards all what is right and wrong and pleasing to the lord. there is without a doubt those that truly love the lord in all religions, and do the best with that piece of the puzzle they have been given. and helping each other out of love find the missing pieces that help us get to know him better is what god intended.

Back