Ultimate texts

"Foolishness of preaching" doesn't mean poster-blasting threads.

Right, so I mean you're not really participating in threads where you're posting, and its really obvious that you are not interested because you don't talk about the subject. Its obvious that you have "YES INDEED" thought things through, already. Everyone else hasn't, though.

Tell me if I'm wrong about this, but I think you're taking this verse: RSV "1Cor 1:21 ....it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe....." as a reason to post lots and lots. I don't think he meant to say that preaching was foolish. He defines what he means by 'Foolishnes' in verse 23, which I take to mean that the idea Christ could possibly die or be killed by mere humans sounded absolutely insane to both Jews and Greeks at the time. So it sounded foolish to them, but I'm sure he didn't keep hammering at them about it.

"Foolishness of preaching" doesn't mean poster-blasting threads.

quote]

Kingdom Preaching—Foolish or Practical?

i supose that would depend on if a person was interested in Gods wisdom or the wisdom of the world.

Dream;140065 but I'm sure he didn't keep hammering at them about it.[/quote said:
Historian H. G. Wells called attention to this failure of Christendom’s clergy.

He wrote: "Remarkable is the enormous prominence given by Jesus to the teaching of what he called the Kingdom of Heaven, and its comparative insignificance in the procedure and teaching of most of the Christian churches."

Yet, if people of this generation are to gain life, they must first hear about God’s established Kingdom, and to that end someone must preach the good news about it.—Romans 10:14, 15.

and yes you have guessed , it is JW .

and they are doing what the early christians were taught.

while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house. ACTS 20;20 :)

BUT IT IS FOOLISHLESS to many .

And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.ACTS 5;42

Ok, so you're very brave. What does door to door evangelism have to do with Acts 20:20 ? I thought these were people who heard of Paul elsewhere and invited him because they were interested in what he had to say.
while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house. ACTS 20;20
So I didn't mean door to door preaching is evil, although I would not want to do it. Its not the same as it was 20 years ago where you could meet people just by ringing doorbells. The times have changed so people don't want strangers to come to their doors, because they're scared. Out of the 5 hitch-hikers I've picked up in my lifetime -- the 5th one pulled a gun on me. You can believe I don't give many rides now. People are the same way with cold calls. Back in the past you could call a stranger, say 'Hello' and make a friend! Telemarketing and weirdo calls have ended that. There's a computer that dials me up 365 times a year just to sell extended warranties.

The ultimate text:
Would that be a single verse, or a multi-verse?
Who is the author?
Has the text been written, or is it still incomplete?

Ok, so you're very brave. What does door to door evangelism have to do with Acts 20:20 ? I thought these were people who heard of Paul elsewhere and invited him because they were interested in what he had to say. So I didn't mean door to door preaching is evil, although I would not want to do it. Its not the same as it was 20 years ago where you could meet people just by ringing doorbells. [/size][/font][/font]The times have changed so people don't want strangers to come to their doors, because they're scared. Out of the 5 hitch-hikers I've picked up in my lifetime -- the 5th one pulled a gun on me. You can believe I don't give many rides now. People are the same way with cold calls. Back in the past you could call a stranger, say 'Hello' and make a friend! Telemarketing and weirdo calls have ended that. There's a computer that dials me up 365 times a year just to sell extended warranties.

BELIEVE me when i say that Jehovahs witnesses would not be doing the door to door work if the Almighty was not with them .

especially since there is great opposition to the work they are doing .
but as you mentioned, times have changed and the world is not what it was, we certainly are in the time of the end and the signs of the times are upon us, we really are living in critical times hard to deal with , lawlessness abounds 2 timothy 3;1-5.

but just as the early christians were sent out on the door to door work so Gods people are carrying on that work and it sure does have results , nearly 7 million JW now. from small beginnings the little one is a great big crowd revelation 7;9-10

"This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."—Matt. 24:14.

The Bible shows that Jesus went from village to village preaching God’s truth, and he trained his disciples to do the same. (Mark 6:6-13; Luke 10:1)

Jesus’ words at Matthew 10:14: "Wherever anyone does not take you in or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off your feet." Jesus was speaking about his disciples’ making uninvited calls on people to preach to them

Namaste mee,

thank you for the post.

BELIEVE me when i say that Jehovahs witnesses would not be doing the door to door work if the Almighty was not with them .

in my opinion, of course, you've provided no foundation for anyone to take your word on anything of substance let alone the motivations for an entire organization of beings which has a vested interest in continuing to canvass for new customers.

especially since there is great opposition to the work they are doing .

because they are so often clumsy and unskilled in what they do thinking that the "almighty spirit" will do the work for them when, in fact, nothing could be farther from the truth.

there is, as near as i can tell, absolutely no reason to presume the Jehovas Witnesses have figured out Christianity any more than the Calvinists have or any other sect for that matter and thus no reason to presume that the efforts of that one group would be guided and successful whilst the efforts of the other groups are not.

every religious group experiences great opposition to its work... you wouldn't believe how strong Mara is amongst Christians, for instance.

but as you mentioned, times have changed and the world is not what it was, we certainly are in the time of the end and the signs of the times are upon us, we really are living in critical times hard to deal with , lawlessness abounds

read moar history.

but just as the early christians were sent out on the door to door work so Gods people are carrying on that work and it sure does have results , nearly 7 million JW now. from small beginnings the little one is a great big crowd revelation 7;9-10

you guys have fewer members than $cientology does... or at least claims to have. should i determine, based on numerical consideration, that the $cientologists are the correct religion?

that seems like an argument that an adherent of a small religion would be quite foolish to put forth for it would necessarily entail it's refutation.

metta,

~v

Back