Nations.....

May I also advice!!!

If you do partake in the game to join the RevoltLand region of the world! :D

To join Revoltland, please perform the following actions:

1. click on the "World" icon at the left of your screen.
2. search for the region ‘Revoltland’
3. Click on "move my nation to Revoltland today!"

Something a little odd happned with mine. The government (what government??) is described as 'corrupt' (hmmmph!!! :mad:) and the land is being deforested, which totally sucks!! Other than that, we are all very happy here in

The Free Land of A Bazillion Choices!!!

Civil Rights:Excessive

Economy:Very Strong

Political Freedoms: Superb

You serious? That will come back to bite ya in the rear! Don't trust these people in your nation! Iron fist I tell ya!! My nation has updated....

Civil Rights:Average

Economy:Developing

Political Freedoms:Outlawed

That's right! We've outlawed politics and elections and so on... You are free to go aboot your business and so on... But have to trust 100% in my goverments leadership.... And hey we've increased by a million in population so it is working..... I have a feeling civil rights may rise also, as two out of three of my issues concerned Civil rights.......

lmao, 17th. I still can't decide if I would like to live in your nation or not. ;) Probably not, although it sounds stunning! :D :)

Why not? As I said... You haven't the need to worry about this or that... That's all taken care of.... Just live your life and leave the glitches and crap and all those troublesome things to your esteemed leader...

Think I'd rather stay in the East Pacific Islands I rule and where Orca's have evolved to crawl through the jungles!!

Jennifer Government: NationStates

Civil Rights:Below Average

Economy:Reasonable

Political Freedoms:Excellent

Below average? And I'm the bad guy.....

lol....

Cause for celebration also in my nation!! These are my current updates:

"political activists are routinely executed."

"ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up."

"The tenet of free speech is held dear."

"employers may fire workers without giving any reason."

17th, your region must be home for some scary-ass dictators:

That's cRaaZY!!

And this is FUNNY:

lmao... perfect, 17th, you tyrant! Perfect!

4th in my nation... There are only five nations..... :) That's why that looks so good lol...

"
The Dictatorship of Seventeenth is a small, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, cynical population of 12 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass -- is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and the Environment are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 42%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, political activists are routinely executed, the pitbull is a protected species, and Harry Potter books are banned. Crime is moderate. Seventeenth's national animal is the pitbull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the mark.
Seventeenth is ranked 2nd in the region and 34,162nd in the world for Largest Insurance Industry."

That is my latest details... OH also a UN memember now loll...

ALSO!!! ANYONE ANYONE.... ANYONE, Who has a nation [and is apart of the UN] you -need- to Endorse the Dictatorship of Seventeenth...

http://www.nationstates.net/seventeenth

Endorse meh!!! I need two... Then I can vote, make propsals and also delay acts and such... If there is a law I am not happy with I can vote to challange... And that makes that law inactive till it is proven one way or another... Simply wish to cause issues for the UN.... :|

Heh. Here is my latest. I am still trying to address the widespread environmental degradation, although most other citizens in this loose union that is my 'nation' haven't seemd too concerned. :( I'm not proud about my standing in the Insurance Industry in my region, but hey, I guess I am at the bottom half (14 nationstates in my region). Universal healthcare!!! A vote for Dennis Kucinich is a vote for peace!!!

:p;):):D

a_bazillion_choices.jpg
The Free Land of A Bazillion Choices

"No jingos and fascists here, cowgirl. This is anarchy."

UN Category: Civil Rights Lovefest
Civil Rights: Frightening
Economy: Good
Political Freedoms: Superb

Regional Influence: Minnow

The Free Land of A Bazillion Choices is a small, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 12 million hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.

The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 18%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology industries.

The tenet of free speech is held dear, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, punitive tariffs protect local industry, and the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru. Crime is relatively low. A Bazillion Choices's national animal is the house cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the shiny stone.

A Bazillion Choices is ranked 8th in the region and 32,826th in the world for Largest Insurance Industry.

17th...I'm duly impressed, a web site and everything. I do agree that benevolent dictatorship is the best of all possible governance systems, except for one flaw. The benevolent one always dies eventually, and his/her kids are always notorious d**kheads.

Now...I'm old enought to enjoy the beneficience of your reign for the rest of my days...my passport is ready. But my kids would likely outlive you and then where would my DNA be... in a pickle. I like the fact that the insurance business ranks so low in the priorities of your nation...and I'll bet the "coppers" are especially benevolent !

flow....:p

17th,Seems your leader has quit being a despot and moved to Norfolk:D

lol He ain't my leader, I am my leader.. He was just someone else in that region... The barsteward removed my endorsement too.....

-------
UPDATE:

The Dictatorship of Seventeenth is a small, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 18 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings." (SO SCARY! It's like they freaking -know- me.)

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 45%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.

Nudity is frowned upon, (Oh you better believe it!) the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements (We're on to you.....), and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Seventeenth's national animal is the pitbull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the mark.
Seventeenth is ranked 2nd in the region and 44,488th in the world for Highest Unemployment Rates.

Scary stuff, Mr. Angel. ;)

It occurs to me that we need more people playing this game around here! So in an effort to show people what they are missing out on, let me provide a working sample of the issues that come up as the nation continually evolves.

The Issue

Last night the respected tabloid TV show "60 Minutes" ran a report on A Bazillion Choices's rising divorce rate. What is happening to the nuclear family?
The Debate
  1. "There's a simple solution," says Pastor Felix, of the Catholic Church. "Divorce should be illegal. 'For better or worse,' anyone remember how that goes? We should return to the good old days, when you got married for life and stuck by your partner no matter how much of a drunken, abusive, adulterating disappointment they turned out to be."
    [Accept]
  2. John Black, author of the hit book, 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Some Whole Other Place,' has a simpler solution. "If couples would just call each other 'darling' once in a while, there would be far fewer relationship breakdowns. A little affection is all it takes. So the government should make it mandatory: call your spouse 'darling' at least once a day, or face a fine."
    [Accept]
  3. "There's a simple way to boost the marriage rate," says gay rights activist Billy Gutenberg. "Abolish those arcane laws that discriminate against same-sex marriages. It's obscene to treat people differently because of their sexual preference. Besides, everyone knows gay relationships are more stable than straight ones."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
The Government Position

The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 3.

If you wish, you may simply dismiss this issue.
nshzln.gif

To follow one of the recommendations above, simply click on the link. The A Bazillion Choices government will bring in the new law overnight.

Now I've disabled the links, so don't even think of tampering with my decision! :p ;) Anyhow, if you play, you are confronted with different issues on a regular basis, presented often in a very humorous way. After you make your decision, some times passes and then your position is reflected in the updated description of your nation.

Pretty fun stuff, I think.

:)

It is interesting, fun and just perfect for those who want to play a game but have little time!!

Heres how my nation is getting on:

The Constitutional Monarchy of Equuilibrium is a small, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 18 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass -- juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 46%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Basket Weaving.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, the horse is a protected species, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Equuilibrium's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the goat.
Equuilibrium is ranked 20th in the region and 11,561st in the world for Highest Unemployment Rates.

Unfortunately you cant join a Nation. But you can join a region after creating your own nation. I joined a region called Equilism but they dont seem to do much. This is most definitely NOT a fast paced game :p

The link to create your own nation is:

Jennifer Government: NationStates

Tao

Edit: Would be cool to get a CR "region" tho and see how we do.

May I also advice!!!

If you do partake in the game to join the RevoltLand region of the world! :D

To join Revoltland, please perform the following actions:

1. click on the "World" icon at the left of your screen.
2. search for the region ‘Revoltland’
3. Click on "move my nation to Revoltland today!"

I've just been voted the Regional UN Delegate of Revoltland! (I think because 17th voted me).

Now we get to write our own description of the Region and set ground rules. Any thoughts 17th?

We also now have the power to Password protect the region and throw out trouble-makers!

... Neemai :)
http://www.nationstates.net/nita-gauranga

We also now have the power to Password protect the region and throw out trouble-makers!
So the revolters of revoltland have already become status quo and anyone who revolts agin'em will be surpressed, tossed out, sanitized...

the king is dead, long live the king!

Back