New here.....

I don't know how long I will last here.:confused:.... you seem to be a clever :rolleyes:and very sarcastic bunch, some snarkiness:p and too smart for me. I don't get half of what you are all talking about on most the threads......:eek:
Hope I can learn to hang with the big dogs:cool:

Hmmph!:eek:

Hang on in here my friend, it WILL get better I promise!
I think the sarcastic tone is a reflection of the regular posters, which I confess includes me. I don’t think it was quite like this when I joined just over a year ago! It’s not really sarcastic nasty, I think it’s sarcastic dry humour.
Don’t know what “snarkiness” is – see - now you’re using a word I don’t know the meaning of!!
As to clever and smart….well one of the things I like about being here is reading stuff by clever and smart people, even if I don’t feel like posting myself ; I lurk sometimes too! By “clever and smart” I mean “wise and perceptive” perhaps, not just using big words. I think most of us need a dictionary sometimes! Personally I think there are some very wise people on this forum (and friendly too) but I’d never say that to them in case it went to their heads. Keep it to yourself, it’ll be our secret.
As to knowing what we’re all talking about….! I’ve joined other forums and I think you are bound to feel this when you first join cos you’re not “in” with the humour and stuff people have talked about previously (for example, why would seattlegal threaten to hit me with a fish???!!!).
Also, personally, I like the way this forum has sub-forums to pick and choose where topics are discussed but then (you can’t help but have noticed this) the moderators don’t enforce staying on topic. This is good I think cos it lends itself to a more natural, organic, conversational development, but a newcomer might think we we’re going “all over the place”.
All sizes of dog are welcome here. And cats. And fish. And any creature!
If you’re still having trouble posting, contact a moderator. Were you trying to post a link, or use some sort of foul and demonic word??
Finally -perhaps it might be a good idea to start a new thread; that way you’ll be up to speed from the off.

Snoopy (a small dog).

I think I like it here very much. Thanks for the "welcome"
And in time..... I too will understand some of the inside humor and get some well aimed witty remarks in under your belts..... prepare to be dazzeled by my brilliance :rolleyes:

~Blessings,
Michelle

Back