What is our best hope for Peace on Earth?

the answer is in the bible DANIEL 2;44
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;
And yes Jesus will be ruling as king . his father has given him great aurthority DANIEL 7;13-14
I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.

Putting our trust in the right ruler and the right goverment will lead to everlasting life on a paradise earth .

"Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs."—PSALM 146:3.

(Matthew 5:5) "Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

Is it a practical aim?
How could a more peaceful existence be realistically achieved?
Does our diverse collection World Religions have a part to play?

any suggestions ...

... Neemai :)

Its is just like what is solution of humanity i would say that is that all the religion come to one religion and believe in one God and Islam teaches all brotherhood fraternity and everything and it also tell the practical way of implementing it in our lives. This is my opinion you may or may not agree.

Its is just like what is solution of humanity i would say that is that all the religion come to one religion and believe in one God and Islam teaches all brotherhood fraternity and everything and it also tell the practical way of implementing it in our lives. This is my opinion you may or may not agree.

Hi islamis4u,
The world is a big, big, big place, with lots of different ideas on how it should be run. The "my way or the highway" point of view doesn't seem to be working at the present time, do you have any other ideas to help bring about peace?
Joe

H do you have any other ideas to help bring about peace?
Joe
look to the prince of peace :) and join the great crowd from all nations who are waving their symbolic palm branches REVELATION 7;9-10

its the way to go

Is Jesus the mediator for the Great Crowd, or only for the 144,000, according to the Watchtower of 4-1-79 (p. 31)?

Is the “Anointed Remnant” the mediator for the Great Crowd according to the Watchtower of 11-15-79 (p. 24-27)?

I think that peace on earth would begin if everyone is willing to try to understand the reasons of how people believe. That it is not just based on one country but all countries] No one is rightous. But equal in life we all have to walk the same path. I think it doesnt have to be that we all cant walk it together.

Is Jesus the mediator for the Great Crowd, or only for the 144,000, according to the Watchtower of 4-1-79 (p. 31)?

Is the “Anointed Remnant” the mediator for the Great Crowd according to the Watchtower of 11-15-79 (p. 24-27)?
its so great how the bible all works out ,and its all inline with Gods purpose . nice :) matthew 24;45-47 finding the right channel to get good bible based instruction is the thing to do , because Jesus is the head of the christion congregation. and he is feeding his faithful ones very well and then they can give out good spiritual food and it fills me up .:) Jesus is feeding them very well and he is giving them great responsibility . and no one else can master what they are doing . thats because Jesus is with them .

I think that peace on earth would begin if everyone is willing to try to understand the reasons of how people believe. That it is not just based on one country but all countries] No one is rightous. But equal in life we all have to walk the same path. I think it doesnt have to be that we all cant walk it together.
yes ,and those from all nations are in unity of thought and they are spoken of in revelation 7;9-10 and the gathering goes on .

those who respond to the GOODNEWS matthew 24;14 are being gathered into unity of worship ,and they are all waving their symbolic palm branches to welcome Gods reigning king JESUS CHRIST Daniel 7;13-14 ...revelation 7;9-10:)

I haven't read everything in this thread, so I don't know if someone already said this, but I think language will really help world unity...

"From the beginning of time the light of unity hath shed its divine radiance upon the world, and the greatest means for the promotion of that unity is for the peoples of the world to understand one another's writing and speech. In former Epistles We have enjoined upon the Trustees of the House of Justice either to choose one language from among those now existing or to adopt a new one, and in like manner to select a common script, both of which should be taught in all the schools of the world. Thus will the earth be regarded as one country and one home." -Baha'u'llah

I haven't read everything in this thread, so I don't know if someone already said this, but I think language will really help world unity...

"From the beginning of time the light of unity hath shed its divine radiance upon the world, and the greatest means for the promotion of that unity is for the peoples of the world to understand one another's writing and speech. In former Epistles We have enjoined upon the Trustees of the House of Justice either to choose one language from among those now existing or to adopt a new one, and in like manner to select a common script, both of which should be taught in all the schools of the world. Thus will the earth be regarded as one country and one home." -Baha'u'llah

according to the bible

APure Language for All Nations

"Then I shall give to peoples the change to a pure language, in order for them all to call upon the name of Jehovah, in order to serve him shoulder to shoulder."—ZEPHANIAH 3:9.
JEHOVAH GOD is accomplishing in our day a work that is truly marvelous. He is uniting people out of all nations. As he long ago foretold in his Holy Word, he is doing it by teaching them a new language.—Zephaniah 3:9.
What is that language? Why is it necessary? What does learning it require of us personally?
It is true that there are thousands of languages used by mankind, but the pure language can be expressed in all of these. Unitedly, earth wide, Jehovah’s Witnesses are making good use of the pure language as they serve shoulder to shoulder giving a public witness that brings honor to Jehovah, our loving God.

It is especially noteworthy that the language that God gives his servants is said to be pure. This is true, not because of grammatical construction, but because it gives evidence of moral and spiritual cleanness.

JEHOVAH God’s language is as pure as truth. It is the only pure language. Now is the time to be speaking it.

Daniel 2;44 :) not worth putting our trust in anything else .

"It is better to take refuge in Jehovah than to trust in earthling man."—Ps. 118:8.

"Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs."—Ps. 146:3.

and Jesus ,rather than sending his disciples out to preach a better way of organizing governments, Jesus taught them to preach the "good news of the kingdom."—Matthew 10:6, 7; 24:14.
:)

Its very simple. The United Nations has to institute a space based nuclear weapons platform that gives every nation on earth 1000 megatons of capability. That way we all have mutually assured Armagedon capability and no one is crazy enough to pray for that!! :rolleyes:

Tao

Its very simple. The United Nations has to institute a space based nuclear weapons platform that gives every nation on earth 1000 megatons of capability. That way we all have mutually assured Armagedon capability and no one is crazy enough to pray for that!! :rolleyes:

Tao

There is always one ;) Or two... Perhaps three.. You know, I am just going to go ahead and say, there are four. As Einstein said... Or did he? I think he did, after the next world war... our wars will be with sticks and stones....

Back