Door-To-Door Missionaries

mee, thank you for verifying it for me... the JW's are doing the same evil.

would you say that sticking to the teachings of Jesus is evil ,? because JW stick very close to what Jesus said and obey the commands of Jesus .

i do not see that as evil i see it as good .:) its good to know that Jesus has a faithful class that he can direct and give responsibility too matthew 24;45-47. faithfulness leads to great blessings .

Christian Missionaries and magnificent way of preaching

The activity of Christian Missionaries in Bangladesh, here is a brief but amazing description.
Every body knows that our country is an under develop and poor country.
You should not judge the country by its per capita incomes.
This economical term is misnoma.
Population of our country is around 124 million. Out of which, say 20% are Non Muslim.
More than 50% people are land less and around 60% people lives in bellow subsistence level.
Out of 80% Muslim all are by born and by chance Muslim.
Just for the cause of inheritance.
Mass education level is miserable.

Picture of India is all most same, only the difference majorities are Non Muslim and Muslims are around 20%.

My focus is on Bangladesh.
Though our people are poor and literarily ( I wish to mean illiterate) backward, having only alphabetical knowledge , just can sign the name( This way we have removed illiteracy by the help of World Bank and IMF, money was not given as aid, it was long term loan with interest with some rigid precondition) , and we claim that more than 60% people can read and write. But this not true.

It is a very brief picture and I don’t feel to go in details, I think this data is enough to understand our socio economic conditions.
We have only few cities and district towns.
There are remote village where you cannot reach within 24 hours from the capital city where I live in.
Furnishing some more data for your better understanding,

We have 6 Divisional Town, 64 District, 254 Municipality, 507 Police Station, 4484 Union, and 64,000 villages.
Total area of land 55,977 sq. miles or 147,570 sq. km.

Regarding religious fanaticism:
Hope you know that there are two countries that emerged based on Religious nationalistic slogan/ ideology, one is Pakistan and other is Israel.

Bangladesh is a country achieved its freedom based on linguistic nationalism by nature it is a secular country. We liberated our country through the war of independence widely known as freedom fight ( I am proud and happy I myself is a freedom fighter) in 1971.

Most infesting issue is this, America and Middle East gave us recognition in 1975. They were against our freedom fight and extended their support to Pakistan, though we have come out from the Pakistani colonial rule.

After independence we imposed band on all the political parties those who wish to do politics in the name of religion. The band was withdrawn after 1975 , when a Pro-American military cue took place and most interesting is this , after 1975 America and ME countries recognize us and establish diplomatic relation. We should include China also.

We have 300 seats in the parliament, in 1990 election Jamat –e- Islam got 3 seats only and gradually they spread them and in last election they got 13 seats. They are very well blessed by America and Saudi Arabia.

Just few months before six people were executed for terrorist act. They were terrorism in name of religion. All are so called Muslim.

You all are very knowledgeable person but may know Bangladesh.
I tell you how we dealt with fascism, fanaticism.

Surely we are religious but not fanatics.

Perhaps I am torturing on your patience, but you should know this facts, from 1947 to 2002 there were no communal riot, unprecedented historical evidence or fact in the history in Indo Bangla pak subcontinent .

Yes, for property, politics, heinous personal enmity mainly related with worldly affair, some incidence took place with all the faiths. You will be surprise during this span of time few thousands communal riots took place in India, the motherland (Land of origin then migrated) of Mr Sanwin25.

Back to the context though the background is important to understand.

Communication system comprising to the develop countries you can say without hesitation that we are living in primitive age.
5 to 7 % people are rich and highly corrupt.
Government official is the main patron of these groups and corrupts too.

They never bother for true religion but take the full advantage of religious faith to exploit entire nation.

Common people are apparently religious, moderate, tolerant, and harmonious though they are not equipped with theological knowledge.

Inhabitant of Bengal(Bangladeshi) never invaded any country ( There is no historical evidence from the pre historic era) but invaded by many and oppressed by good number of invaders.

After 1947 a good number of Hindu migrated to India and Muslim migrated to the then East Pakistan, present Bangladesh.

Target group for Christian Missionaries are the poor villagers.

Another example, Dhaka is a capital city, population is around 10 million.

You will not find a single Christian Missionaries knocking the door of Muslim or Hindu house , though there head office (all most)is at Dhaka.

They chose this uneducated and poor Muslims family in remote area.

Now let me tell you the tale.

In a very modest way Christian Missionaries visit those are and discuss about their social, economical, educational, hygienic problem.
When they reach to the area, good number of people, boys and girls come to meet them or to see them.

They extend their hand to this half necked boys and girls, allow them to sit beside the Christian Missionaries with affection and some time give them little sweets, school stationeries etc as gift.

They become friendly; they behave generously with the seniors and start discussion.

1st question they throw, do you believe “Injjil” (Bible).

Every Muslim believe that “Injeel” was the revelation on Prophet Issa (Pbuh) ,[Jesus(Pbuh)].

Answer come yes , he is a messenger of Allah and our prophet.

2nd Question: Do you know his mother name.
Reply comes , Why not , Maryam (Let Allah blessing on her). (There is a verse, chapter # 19 in The Holy Qur’an on her). You call Mother Merry.

3rd Question from Christian Missionaries to these foolish guys,
Do you know that Maryam was a verging mother.?
Natural reply comes, yes, believe and know.

4th Question, How many times name of Hazrat Issa (Pbuh) has mentioned in your Qur’an.
Those who know will reply or Christian Missionaries will let them know, his name has mentioned 25 times in Qur’an. ( This is fact, you can check)

They will ask , do you know that Jesus (Pbuh) gave live to dead person.
Answer obviously yes, Qur’an acknowledge

Now the question of these Christian Missionaries will take other direction, comparative study.

Question. Does Muhammad (Pbuh) have father?
Answer: Yes , and his name was Abdullah , natural human and natural birth like other common human beings.

Q. Do you know Maryam hadn’t husband how Jesus born?

Reply: Any Muslim bound say it is Allah’s miracle.(Though many modern Christian do not believe in this theory).

Next question follows: How many times name of your prophet mentioned in your Qur’an .
Those who know will reply otherwise Christian Missionaries give the data, total five times, 4 times as Muhammad and once as Ahmmad. ( This also fact, you can check Qur’an)

Next question: Did your prophet give live to a any dead person?

Natural reply , no , Muhammad (Pbuh) never gave live to any dead person.

Last and final question, Where is Muhammad?

Reply , he has expired, means dead. Like other common human being.

Christian Missionaries asked question, where is Jesus ( Pbuh) ?
Reply of the Muslim, he has not yet died, he is withdrawn by Allah (swt) to haven and will come back again.
Summary, Muhammad (Pbuh) died and Jesus (Pbuh) alive.

Christian Missionaries with smile ask them, you judge who is great?

Put this ignorants in dilemma and advice them to chose best and give them option, as a member of community they will do all the possible help.
Don’t you find it is an intelligent approach?
[FONT=&quot]I appreciate this intellectual judo.[/FONT]

Pattimax, thanks for clarifying that for me. Its hard to get out of some people the information that you need without getting a whole heap of quotes. thanks again.

I like to stick to what the bible teaches then we cant go wrong . at the end of the day the bible is what it is all about for christians .

and all of Jehovahs people stick to the bible , it is the way to go .

They are not! Get over yourself. JW's are seen as messed-up Christians.
i think that just as Jesus was not seen as representing God , ( by the religious leaders of the time) so today the religious leaders are in the forfront when it comes to turning people away from Gods channel (JW) MATTHEW 24;45-47

Just as Jesus was inline with Gods purpose , so Jehovahs witnesses are in line with the bible and what it teaches , but there are many in opposition to Gods purpose, and many who are misled to be in opposition to Jehovahs witnessess.

yes the distinction between one who serves God ,and one who does not serve God, becomes clearer and clearer.

I go to the channel that Jesus is feeding because it is serving up good bible based spiritual food and it is very good food .

but then it would be, it is right out of the hand of Jesus matthew 24;45-47 .
Because God’s people cleave to the Bible and share its comforting message with others, they diffuse an incenselike “sweet odor” of life that gives pleasure to Jehovah. But to unrighteous individuals, the bearers of that message emit, according to the J. B. Phillips’ translation, “the deathly smell of doom.” Yes, the figurative sense of smell of the wicked has been so distorted by Satan’s system of things that they feel uncomfortable or even hostile in the presence of those diffusing the “sweet odor of Christ.” On the other hand, those zealously spreading the good news become “a sweet odor of Christ among those who are being saved.” (2 Corinthians 2:14-16) Such honesthearted ones are often disgusted with the hypocrisy and religious lies that characterize false religion. Thus, when we open God’s Word and share with them the Kingdom message, they feel drawn to Christ and want to learn more.—John 6:44.

so even though many are misled by religious leaders to think that Jehovahs witnesses are the lowest of the low it does not matter, because honesy hearted ones see that we have the truth :)

would you say that sticking to the teachings of Jesus is evil ,? because JW stick very close to what Jesus said and obey the commands of Jesus .

i do not see that as evil i see it as good .:) its good to know that Jesus has a faithful class that he can direct and give responsibility too matthew 24;45-47. faithfulness leads to great blessings .
Where did Jesus ever state heaven or hell as a definitive fate for someone? Even with the stronger worded verses like Matthew 23:33, it is posed as a question. He defines or judges critical steps but nowhere did he judge for someone whether or not they are going to heaven or hell. From the other side of it: Matthew 19:21 "... If you want to be perfect..." Important steps, but at every level it is a choice. The reward for rightful choices, "...you will have treasure in heaven."

Stating some number... 144,000? That is opposed to Jesus' teaching and purpose.

Matthew 6:20 Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

If it is Jesus' teaching to store up treasures in heaven, then who is preaching counter to Jesus' teaching, and instead telling people whether they are, or are not, going to heaven?

I go to the channel that Jesus is feeding because it is serving up good bible based spiritual food and it is very good food .

but then it would be, it is right out of the hand of Jesus matthew 24;45-47 .
Because God’s people cleave to the Bible and share its comforting message with others, they diffuse an incenselike “sweet odor” of life that gives pleasure to Jehovah. But to unrighteous individuals, the bearers of that message emit, according to the J. B. Phillips’ translation, “the deathly smell of doom.” Yes, the figurative sense of smell of the wicked has been so distorted by Satan’s system of things that they feel uncomfortable or even hostile in the presence of those diffusing the “sweet odor of Christ.” On the other hand, those zealously spreading the good news become “a sweet odor of Christ among those who are being saved.” (2 Corinthians 2:14-16) Such honesthearted ones are often disgusted with the hypocrisy and religious lies that characterize false religion. Thus, when we open God’s Word and share with them the Kingdom message, they feel drawn to Christ and want to learn more.—John 6:44.

What Bible, exactly, are you quoting?
Matthew 24: 45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find him so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. KJV
and
2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: KJV

How 'bout quoting this: "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of Heaven, but my Father only." Matthew 24:36 KJV
or
"7 And they asked him saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass? 8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not after them. 9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified; for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by." Luke 21 KJV

sticking to true bible teachings is the way to go , and Jesus is revealing and giving understanding especially in the last days .

And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. REVELATION 14;1

“Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.”—LUKE 12:32.
Yes, the 144,000 is a little flock who will be with Jesus in heaven .

but Jesus said that he would have other sheep who would also listen to his voice ,and the other sheep do not have a number they are a GREAT CROWD REVELATION 7;9-10 ....
After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

JOHN 10;16
And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.

these are the ones that will get through the GREAT TRIBULATION REVELATION 7;14
So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one that knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Their hope is not to go to heaven ,it is to inherit the earth .

Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth. MATTHEW 5;5

Matthew 24: 45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find him so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. KJV
and
Yes, who REALLY is the faithful class that is giving out good healthy spiritual food , that feeds us well to be stong and healthy in a spiritual way?

i have found them ,and Jesus has put them in charge of great responsibility, even ALL his belongings .:)

when Jesus came into kingdom power in the time of the end ,he saw that there was a FAITHFUL class, so he has blessed that faithful class .

but Jesus will not come back in the flesh and blood on the earth gain ,he doesnt need too.

so if any one says oh look there is Jesus, it will not be Jesus at all.

he will not come back to the earth .

but he will soon go into action and remove those in opposition to Gods purpose for the earth.

And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44

Jesus is in kingdom power and he is a reigning king in the heavenly kingdom, that was set up and established in 1914 inline with bible prophecy and chronology

we are well along and the signs of the times are upon us.

Where did Jesus ever state heaven or hell as a definitive fate for someone? Even with the stronger worded verses like Matthew 23:33, it is posed as a question. He defines or judges critical steps but nowhere did he judge for someone whether or not they are going to heaven or hell. From the other side of it: Matthew 19:21 "... If you want to be perfect..." Important steps, but at every level it is a choice. The reward for rightful choices, "...you will have treasure in heaven."

Matthew 6:20 Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

If it is Jesus' teaching to store up treasures in heaven, then who is preaching counter to Jesus' teaching, and instead telling people whether they are, or are not, going to heaven?

Uhhh I think that verse has to do with faith in God. Not being materialistic, but spiritualistic.

Uhhh I think that verse has to do with faith in God. Not being materialistic, but spiritualistic.
So do you think it is faith in God, or a spiritualistic treasure, telling others whether or not they are going to heaven?

So do you think it is faith in God, or a spiritualistic treasure, telling others whether or not they are going to heaven?

Why would the point of Earth be if Heaven was our goal? Earth wasnt created for nothing. Only a select few will rule with Christ in Heaven. Besides, who are we to say that when people die they will go to Heaven? That would go against certain passages that say that one's thoughts perish upon Death.

. Only a select few will rule with Christ in Heaven.
true, that is why Jesus called them a LITTLE FLOCK

“Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.”—LUKE 12:32.

Jesus was speaking to his disciples, and he called them a “little flock.” He was also speaking to those to whom Jehovah would give the kingdom.

and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, LUKE 22;29

Back