Is It Wrong to Drink Alcoholic Beverages?

"Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." -Ogden Nash.

The position of the Russelites has changed somewhat over the years, Mee.

Your lot once had it that ALL religion was a racket and that preachers were crooks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses_in_the_United_States

That was more than a report- I have seen the photos- weren't they in a Watchtower magazine?

Of course they later caved in and registered as a religion. That made good sense because of the financial and other advantages.

Happy New Year,
Br.Bruce
and dont forget what was on the back of them ,
Serve God and Christ the King.

As they declared God’s judgment messages, they also featured the positive aspects of the Kingdom message. :)

things are well along now and many things have happened , and many things have been according to bible prophecy .

and dont forget what was on the back of them ,
Serve God and Christ the King.

As they declared God’s judgment messages, they also featured the positive aspects of the Kingdom message. :)

things are well along now and many things have happened , and many things have been according to bible prophecy .
The problem with the JW faith is that rather than being likened to a cry from the wilderness, it has been more like a cry of "wolf", which cannot be believed.

The problem with the JW faith is that rather than being likened to a cry from the wilderness, it has been more like a cry of "wolf", which cannot be believed.

no cry of wolf , it is all happening just as the bible fortold,
and getting out of ...babylon the great ....has been something that a great crowd have been doing , especially in the time of the end , revelation 18-4 and here they are spoken of in REVELATION 7;9-10and they are all waving their symbolic palm branches to welcome Gods new reigning king JESUS CHRIST Daniel 7;13-14 Daniel 2;44

Hi,
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son , but the Father alone."
"Take heed, keep on the alert: for you do not know when the appointed time will come."
Mark 13: 31-32

The key words for me are "no one knows". Also "take heed, keep on the alert" are good too.

If I may bring the thread back, so are the numbers out for the dui deaths for this holiday season?
Joe

Last edited:
no cry of wolf , it is all happening just as the bible fortold,
and getting out of ...babylon the great ....has been something that a great crowd have been doing , especially in the time of the end , revelation 18-4 and here they are spoken of in REVELATION 7;9-10and they are all waving their symbolic palm branches to welcome Gods new reigning king JESUS CHRIST Daniel 7;13-14 Daniel 2;44

The half dozen declarations of "the end" over the past 150 years is what I'm talking about, Mee.

The half dozen declarations of "the end" over the past 150 years is what I'm talking about, Mee.
so what would you say the end is? because the bible end is not what most people think it is.

the time of the end is the thing to be aware of . knowing where we are in the stream of time is what it is all about .

Hi,
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son , but the Father alone."
"Take heed, keep on the alert: for you do not know when the appointed time will come."
Mark 13: 31-32

The key words for me are "no one knows". Also "take heed, keep on the alert" are good too.

If I may bring the thread back, so are the numbers out for the dui deaths for this holiday season?
Joe
yes, knowing just where we are in the stream of time is the thing to be aware of , and acting inline with the purpose of God is the thing to do .

because no one knows the day or hour when Jesus will be given the command to go into action.

being ready and on the right side is the thing to do .

I am on the side of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment Daniel 2;44 God has given his own son kingship in it Daniel 7;13-14 , it is the only way to salvation. putting our trust in the Heavenly goverment will lead to everlasting life, its the only way :)

so what would you say the end is? because the bible end is not what most people think it is.

the time of the end is the thing to be aware of . knowing where we are in the stream of time is what it is all about .
Irrelevent question, used to throw the subject of the conversation off in a different direction. JWs have set so many deadlines in the past 150 years, no one outside the faith believes, or wants to believe anything else that is being said. I know that is hard to accept for you, since you haven't been part of the faith for all that time and you believe in it so ferverently, but it is fact.

I heard a sermon once in which the following scenario was painted:
Imagine you are an Olympic athlete, who has made the Olympic Team. But when you get your notice of making the team, it explains that the date and location of the games is a secret. You will be notified 24 hours before you are to compete, when and where you should report. Now, how should you train? Can you train as if the competition is tomorrow, and risk burning out if it does not happen for several weeks? Or do you rest? Or do you try to stay in Top Condition, just in case the game is tomorrow, and in case it is not?
This is how we Christians must approach the Second Coming. As I like to say:
Today is the last day of your life so far...

Hi,
"And then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ'; or, 'Behold, He is there'; do not believe him; Mark 13: 21

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8: 31

So as you're searching out the narrow road, are the ABC stores located on that road or do you have to take an exit?

Joe

I heard a sermon once in which the following scenario was painted:
Imagine you are an Olympic athlete, who has made the Olympic Team. But when you get your notice of making the team, it explains that the date and location of the games is a secret. You will be notified 24 hours before you are to compete, when and where you should report. Now, how should you train? Can you train as if the competition is tomorrow, and risk burning out if it does not happen for several weeks? Or do you rest? Or do you try to stay in Top Condition, just in case the game is tomorrow, and in case it is not?
This is how we Christians must approach the Second Coming. As I like to say:
Today is the last day of your life so far...
The Suffi's have a saying: "Pray like it is the last day of your life...work, like you will live forever." People (not just Christians), should plan for tomorrow, but live for today. We are allotted 24 hours at a time, and we need to work with that.

v/r

Q

Irrelevent question, used to throw the subject of the conversation off in a different direction. JWs have set so many deadlines in the past 150 years, no one outside the faith believes, or wants to believe anything else that is being said. I know that is hard to accept for you, since you haven't been part of the faith for all that time and you believe in it so ferverently, but it is fact.

i think you will find that i know all about the history and the small beginnings ,and the time when understanding about bible prophecy was not so clear as it is today .

and i also know about those who were not willing to wait around for the understanding to become more understandable.

Jehovah reveals understanding at his own time and in his own way , but NOW the understanding is abundant indeed. Daniel 12;4

but many are misled by those who did not wait for Jehovah to reveal things, they went away and even hindered those who did wait around.

and those ones are now known as the EVIL slave, they did not remain faithful , they started to verbally abuse the remaining faithful ones .

but its all fortold in the bible that this would happen .,

i am with the remaining Faithful ones because they have been given GREAT BLESSINGS and great responsibility matthew 24;5-47

and it is GOODNEWS to hear from the faithful ones , because they are dishing out spiritual food from Jesus.

but the ones who were once a part of the faithful ones , but now they have been out in the darkness in a spiritual way, they nolonger recieve blessings from Jesus . they are in spiritual darkness with no enlightenment at all. and the reason they are evil is because there aim is to be in opposition to Gods purpose.

yes i know all about the early days even though i wasnt around at the time.

its all in the bible .

Yes, the “evil slave” came from the ranks of the faithful slave.

In a comparable way, after the death of the apostles, “oppressive wolves” came from the ranks of anointed Christian elders.—Acts 20:29, 30.

so in these days, of the time of the end , an evil slave is working .

and it came from the faithful ones .

and many who listen to them are misled indeed .

Hi,
"

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8: 31

Joe

very true indeed continue in my word , and the truth will set you free .

sticking to the teachings of Jesus is the way to go and the last thing Jesus said to his disciples before he went away to heaven was this ,

And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” matthew 28;18-20

Jesus is the head of the christian congregation ,and he has arthority over it .

and he said to them GO and make disciples , teaching them all the things i have commanded you, and i am with you .

i dont think that Jesus would be with those who are teaching other things,

but it wasnt long before many manmade teachings had made their way into the early congregation.

it is only faithfulness that leads to blessings , unfaithfulness leads to the darkness outside with no enlightenment at all.

Back