walking

mee. u are soooooooooooooo addicted. lol.
maybe you need to detox. lol.
no detox needed i am full of good stuff;) no contamination in my mind , i only take in pure bible teaching .

as for the pyhisical food well that is another story, to many choccy bars

WALKIES:D

Other pluses for walking include the following:

No outlay is needed for special equipment (save for a good pair of shoes), preconditioning is unnecessary, and walking is virtually injury free. :)

Mee.. Walking -is- the best fitness anyone can do, as it uses pretty much everything lol. And it is at your own pace, so unlike running you can do it with comfort and not over stressing yourself. Although when me and my beLoved go on dog walks she tends to be jogging most of the time to keep up with me... I am terrible at forgetting her pace.

Mee.. Walking -is- the best fitness anyone can do, as it uses pretty much everything lol. And it is at your own pace, so unlike running you can do it with comfort and not over stressing yourself.

very true indeed. its the best :) do it while we can i say , it gives us the feel good factor.

Mee.. Walking -is- the best fitness anyone can do, as it uses pretty much everything lol. And it is at your own pace, so unlike running you can do it with comfort and not over stressing yourself.

very true indeed. its the best :) do it while we can i say , it gives us the feel good factor.
and if you leave a pamphlet in a door or two, what's not to like?

Mee your brethren been walking in my neighborhood. I've been getting the comic books. They haven't been lucky enough to catch me at home yet.

item_image

They always like sitting on the couch where they look straight at the banner over my shoulder during our conversations....

And as they look at their watches and have an intense desire to get back to their 'walking' I say, "But what about this, I have another question!"

While visible symbols have always been a feature of non-Biblical religions, they were absent from Christianity at its beginning.

As in the first century C.E., so today, true Christians must conform to the Scriptural standard: "We are walking by faith, not by sight."—2 Cor. 5:7

give me an inch and i will take a mile :)

While visible symbols have always been a feature of non-Biblical religions, they were absent from Christianity at its beginning....give me an inch and i will take a mile :)
hehe thats what the brethren say as they try to get out the door!

No biblical symbolism?? There is tons. The fish, just for starters.

No biblical symbolism?? There is tons. The fish, just for starters.

Is the fish a truly Christian symbol?

According to The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible, fish frequently appear in ancient pagan symbolism, often apart from water scenes.

"In such cases," notes this reference work, "it would seem to have symbolic significance, possibly to represent deity, power, fecundity, etc."
The same publication further notes that certain Jews adopted use of the fish symbol from pagan religious customs, adding: "It is probable that the considerations mentioned [in this regard] account in part for the appearance of the fish in the art of the oldest Christian catacombs.

How early the Greek word for ‘fish’ (ichthýs) came to be interpreted as a cipher for ‘Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior’ . . . we do not know; but once this identification was made, the fish became a standard Christian symbol."

The Bible, however, sets forth no visible symbol for Christianity. Christians today, therefore, must be on guard not to adopt such a symbol.

He means the JW version, however that isn't totally true, I am not here to take sides or show up or anything as when it is religion I am on everyones side... But JW did at a point believe in the cross and they did hold that symbol, but from their understanding of the bible they dropped that, sorry I can't give dates perhaps mee would inform us.... But from that point on they haven't held any symbols... Unless you class the watchtower symbol as a religious one Wil.

i think another thread is in order we have drifted some what :). shall we WALK over to another thread about symbols.

Is the fish a truly Christian symbol?

The Bible, however, sets forth no visible symbol for Christianity. Christians today, therefore, must be on guard not to adopt such a symbol.
I sure don't concern myself with what the symbol was used for previously. It is my understanding it was utilized by Christians circulating the various pamphelts that eventually made up the bible, ie prior to the bible as a method of recognizing each other. It is said it was used during Paul's time, which would be before the Gospels were written.

"For all its economy of muscle and energy," wrote Sussman and Goode in their book The Magic of Walking,

"walking is endorsed by medical and health authorities for an astonishing variety of benefits."

Among the claimed benefits are weight control, better sleep, release of tension, and prevention of heart disorders. If such is true of physical walking, we can expect that walking with God is even more advantageous.:)

Walking Is Good Medicine

Enjoy a Good Walk

Other pluses for walking include the following: No outlay is needed for special equipment (save for a good pair of shoes), preconditioning is unnecessary, and walking is virtually injury free.

brisk walking burns nearly as many calories as does running.

I had a freaking awesome walk home yesterday here let me share come sit and have some tea, I have stories...

------------------------------------------
Walking home in my dark blue rain jacket getting wetter by the second, not wearing the hood up, the hood is just to look cool.... You know I am down with the times... Anyway this man is running around with a like whale hunting net or some kind of crazy device for catching something.. I look and see this
fat little golden brown and grey thing shuffle into some bushes, the guys freaking rabbit has escaped...

So I pull the ear phones out of my ear and leave the classical performance I was listening to, and the chase is on. We shuffle down the road for ten minutes.... We shuffle up the road for a while then all the way back down to the back again, this rabbit is just having a laugh. anyway it keeps going up and no matter how we try to close in on it and get it going down it keeps going up, FYI!!! TRaVL0R... There is a very busy road at this time of the
evening... Eventually I scare it enough and it runs back into this guys backyard.... Its safe...

And I smile and the man says thank you and I put those earphones back in to listen to my soothing music... And it dawns on me to put my hood up but, I recall I am a cool guy... So what you going to do... It dawns on me as the water seems to slowly descend and drench me... Heavy fat rain drops too... So it was. I just saved a life... As I mentioned in a previous blog, Horton is right, a person's a person, no matter how small. and that kicked
buttocks...

------------------------------------------

And the best thing, Which I didn't find out til my beLoved came home... She was 30mins late and Was curious to why I wasn't worried... And it was cause I was late home by about 30mins too so it kinda evened it out and I didn't realise lol...

But, she was late because she also helped an old guy out... He had broken down in the weather, and my beLoved was shocked at no one stopped to help, so she did, and they find what the problem was (my girl is amazing with cars.) And she called out her brother who is a mechanic and has a tow truck and they got it all sorted... That I think is spooky heh... My good things can happen in our "usual" "normal" "predictable" journeys home that can make them in to an amazing adventure.... Just a thought ;)

My good things can happen in our "usual" "normal" "predictable" journeys home that can make them in to an amazing adventure....
Your community is a better place for such helpful acts. And of course so are those who are that much closer to realizing the full meaning of surrender and devotion.

i must do some walking i am getting FAT,:( i used to take my black lab for long walks, but he is nearly 14 and he can only take about 5mins and he has had enough.

and its not the same walking the streets without a dog.

might get a walking machine:) whats the best sort to get?

Join a walking/rambling club. Meet new people and more opportunities to spread the good news mee!

Back