Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Yes, but not like you think.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • It doesn't concern me in my belief

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
The Trinity is nothing that Christians just made up. As a matter of fact, God appeared in different forms even throughout the OT.

He is often spoken of as being a Spirit, and often walking with and talking with people. A lot of verses also imply that God is not alone in heaven, he is often cited and talking to another.

Here are some verses:

Hosea 12:4-5 Genesis 18 Genesis 32:22-23, Genesis 28:13-15, Deuteronomy 24:10(speaks of Moses seeing hte Lord face to face).
Genesis 3:22. Genesis 10.

A Trinity or multilple forms of one God is not foreign.

Hi Thomas,

Only in a Trinitarian doctrine can the contradictions of Jesus' words be reconciled to reason, and not subject to some indeterminate mode of pseudo-spirituality, "I and the Father are one" (10:30) whilst "the Father is greater than I" (14:28) ...
Thomas

Here's the simple view.
Aren't these words very important, even more so than those that have to do with tradition? Not so much to help the NT wording be less confusing, but lessen the respect for the "law and prophets"? Does it let the sabbath be changed to the first when the bible claims the seventh? When G!d ordered something to take place for all generations, and today it does not, was G!d lying? Has the law been nailed to a tree? Jesus never said so. Does making Jesus G!d let all these things be swept under a rug? The bible never says that. Yes by making Jesus G!d it might be easier to understand what is taught as and to teach Christianity, but it's not the wording that is used in the bible.

Joe

If that's true then you're saying Jesus is not God. And if He's not God, He's just a crazy person who tries to heal people and create miracles. The Word became flesh and dwelled amongst us; that sounds like a Divine being to me . . . . . .
he is certainly not a crazy person :) he is sons son , and yes he became flesh and dwelled among mankind. he was sent from heaven to the earth . and now he certainly is a mighty one . but only Jehovah is the ALMIGHTY and the MOST HIGH PSALM 83;18:)

there is an authority associated with the title "Mighty God."

In the Bible certain men were called gods. Why? Because they served as judges in the nation of Israel. (Psalm 82:1-6)
Jesus, the "Mighty God," is Jehovah’s great appointed Judge. He himself explained what this meant:

"The Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son, in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father."—John 5:22, 23.

It says just the opposite. Jesus created.

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Jesus-A Godlike One; Divine

Joh 1:1—"and the Word was a god (godlike; divine)"

Gr., καὶ θεὸςη̉̃ν λόγος (kai the·os´ en ho lo´gos)

1808 "and the word was a god"
The New Testament, in An
Improved Version, Upon the
Basis of Archbishop Newcome’s
New Translation: With a
Corrected Text, London.

1864 "and a god was the Word" The Emphatic Diaglott (J21,
interlinear reading), by
Benjamin Wilson, New York and
London.

1935 "and the Word was divine"
The Bible—An American
Translation, by J. M. P.
Smith and E. J. Goodspeed,
Chicago.

You might not ... but then you are not free of pre-conception.

They on the other hand, would read of Father, Son and Holy Spirit ... furthermore they would be baptised in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit ...

Absolutely not ... nowhere does it say Jesus was created ...

You are not an impartial reader, and your version of the bible is not even an impartial translation, so let's not have any nonsense about impartiality from you, please.

Thomas
THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATION is a most accurate translation and many other translations are inline with the NWT .
it is not
clouded by manmade thoughts and traditions . as many many bible translations have been .

I am finding many translations that are inline with the NWT thats because they are after the truth , but many translations have been contaminated with traditions of men.

1975 "and a god
(or, of a divine Das Evangelium nach
kind) was the Word"
Johannes, by Siegfried
Schulz,Göttingen, Germany.

1978 "and godlike sort was Das Evangelium nach
the Logos" (translated from German)
Johannes,by Johannes
Schneider,Berlin.

1979 "and a god was the Logos" (translated from German)Das Evangelium nach
Johannes,by Jürgen Becker,
Würzburg, Germany.

These translations use such words as "a god," "divine" or "godlike" because the Greek word θεός (the·os´) is a singular predicate noun occurring before the verb and is not preceded by the definite article.

This is an anarthrous the·os´. The God with whom the Word, or Logos, was originally is designated here by the Greek expression θεός, that is, the·os´ preceded by the definite article ho. This is an articular the·os´

. Careful translators recognize that the articular construction of the noun points to an identity, a personality, whereas a singular anarthrous predicate noun preceding the verb points to a quality about someone.

Therefore, John’s statement that the Word or Logos was "a god" or "divine" or "godlike" does not mean that he was the God with whom he was.

It merely expresses a certain quality about the Word, or Logos, but it does not identify him as one and the same as God himself.

Throughout his ministry Jesus Christ proclaimed himself, not as God, but as the Son of God. He said nothing about being part of a triune God and neither did the Bible writers.
Instead of claiming to be equal with his Father, he said: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28)
This relationship of unequality with the Father did not change after his resurrection and ascension to heaven. This is shown at 1 Corinthians 11:3 and15:28, where it shows subjection of the resurrected Jesus Christ to the Father.

jesus is my lord god and saviour.

yes as the most high Jehovah said, THIS IS MY SON listen to him .

And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.LUKE 9;35

Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: "This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved."matthew 3;17

He certainly does play a very big part in the outworking of Gods purpose for the earth, and those who listen to him .

Hi BlaznFattyz,

jesus is my lord god and saviour.

I suspect everyone "hangs" in a place where they feel right to occupy. That is until something moves them to a different place. I can respect that.

Joe

THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATION is a most accurate translation and many other translations are inline with the NWT. it is not clouded by manmade thoughts and traditions . as many many bible translations have been .

The evidence is that the NWT is, in the eyes of scholars the world over, a very poor translation, and furthermore one produced by a committee who did not know Hebrew or Greek, but had a damn good idea what they decided the Bible was going to say.

Evidence, by the way, that cannot be disputed ... the leader of the committeee said he knew Hebrew and Greek, but was unable to perform the simplest translation exercises when asked.

Thomas

Hi Joe —

Aren't these words very important, even more so than those that have to do with tradition?
No, that's putting the cart before the horse. Tradition gave us the Scripture, not the other way round.

Yes by making Jesus G!d it might be easier to understand what is taught as and to teach Christianity, but it's not the wording that is used in the bible.
It seems to me that Jesus' claim to Divinity, in word and deed, is beyond question. To my mind, you're making Jesus not God so that the Bible is easier for you to accept.

If He is not God, then to preach and pray for salvation in His name is a blasphemy, and yet it is fundamental to the New Testament ... it was the prayer of the first Christian martyr (Stephen, Acts 7:59), and everyone thereafter.

Thomas

Back