Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Yes, but not like you think.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • It doesn't concern me in my belief

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
I would have thought the Bible is the history of God 'stepping into' the affairs of man. Your assumption that there was a tie when God was not involved in the affairs of man seems to ignore the Bible.

Thomas
the whole world is in the power of the wicked one (SATAN THE DEVIL) 1 JOHN 5;19

The goverments and rulerships of this world are under the influence of that wicked one , weather those goverments and rulerships are aware of it or not .
those in power may be sincere in their trying to rule in the right way ,but the WHOLE WORLD IS UNDER SATANS POWER.

but now in this time of the end the heavenly kingdom is well established and it was born in 1914 and it is spoken of in REVELATION 12 ;5

And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was caught away to God and to his throne.
( rev12;5)

yes there is great opposition to the birth of Gods kingdom as revelation 12;3 informs us

And the dragon kept standing before the woman who was about to give birth, that, when she did give birth, it might devour her child. rev 12;3

but no worries that male child which is GODS KINGDOM has the protection of the most high .

no longer can satan get at that child in heaven ,so he is out to be in opposition to anyone who upholds that kingdom down here on the earth .

how can it be 'well established' if you don't know when it will come to fruition?

Thomas
those who did not fall asleep to bible prophecy and chronology knew just when the end of the gentile times were . and they knew that 1914 was a very significant date , and now the understanding is very abundant Daniel 12;4

and they know that it has all happened just as the bible foretold . the setting up of the heavenly kingdom happened right on time and Jesus was given his kingship right on time .
its already been established but noone knows the day or hour when Jesus will go into action to crush and put an end to human rulerships . Daniel 2;44.

notice that in Daniel 2;44 it says that the God of heaven will set up a kingdom IN THE DAYS OF THOSE KINGS..

Yes ,it was set up while those human kings and rulerships were STILL RULING

God stepped 'into the affairs of man' in the Garden of Eden, and has been at man's side ever since. It's only you who can't see it.

Thomas
It is quite true to say that God after Adam and Eve sinned , put something in place to fix the problem . and the first ever prophecy in the bible is what it is all about GENESIS 3;15 :) Adam and Eve lost everlasting life ,but the RANSOM is what it is all about to get everlasting life back again .

The Ransom—God’s Greatest Gift

... I don't understand why such 'Christians' who base their entire doctrine on a narrow reading of the Old Testament

Thomas
yet more lack of knowledge showing up with you . you dont seem to know any thing about the beliefs of JW. :)

certainly the fundamental commandment of Christianity — 'love thy neighbour as I have loved you' is completely ignored.

Thomas
its love of God and neighbor that moves them to action :) matthew 28-19-20 matthew 24;14

"They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world."—John 17:16.

you will not find JW involved in learning war thats because they listen to Jesus and what he taught . :) yes Jehovahs people are instructed by the most high and it is all about LOVE being fed by Jesus and putting it into pratice is the thing to be doing especially in the last days matthew 24;45-47

i am glad to say that Jehovahs witnesses are showing real good friutage ,

even under opposition

What makes me laugh most is that the JWs are doing precisely what they accuse everyone else of doing ... their's is 'the tradition of men' and their doctrine is 'heretic' in that it chooses to emphasise one aspect of Scripture (the Book of Daniel) and ignore the New testament almost entirely, except for the odd quote here and there ... it certainly ignores the spirit ...

Thomas
now you are showing yourself up as a person without accurate knowledge:) shall we see what the new testament teaches .

Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.
matthew 5;5

But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.
2 peter 3;13

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. REVELATION 21

make no mistake about it ,the ruling powers of this world will pass away and the earthly society of people that will be left on the earth will be those who are righteous in Gods eyes .

And out of his mouth there protrudes a sharp long sword, that he may strike the nations with it, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. He treads too the winepress of the anger of the wrath of God the Almighty. And upon his outer garment, even upon his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.revelation 19 ;15-16:)

Thomas - don't you love how Mee never addressed the errors in the NWT? quote]
thats because there are none :) true knowledge is now abundant Daniel 12;4

At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen. matthew 13;43

And as regards those having insight among the people, they will impart understanding to the many. And they will certainly be made to stumble by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plundering, for [some] days. DANIEL 11;33

true knowledge is now abundant in more ways than one.

and getting the bible back to its original meanings is just one of those ways , and what great things are accomplished when the most high is behind it all.:)

and those with insight dont need to be the wise ones of this world , because the wise ones of this world lean on their own understanding . and that is not a good thing in the eyes of the most high .

Thomas - don't you love how Mee never addressed the errors in the NWT? quote]
thats because there are none :) true knowledge is now abundant Daniel 12;4

At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen. matthew 13;43

And as regards those having insight among the people, they will impart understanding to the many. And they will certainly be made to stumble by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plundering, for [some] days. DANIEL 11;33

true knowledge is now abundant in more ways than one.

and getting the bible back to its original meanings is just one of those ways , and what great things are accomplished when the most high is behind it all.:)

and those with insight dont need to be the wise ones of this world , because the wise ones of this world lean on their own understanding . and that is not a good thing in the eyes of the most high .

:eek: That's because there are none?! Are you kidding me, or are you just kidding yourself? Every single English translation of the Bible has errors and inconsistencies; it was written in three different, complex languages. Of course something will be lost in translation, it's unavoidable. Since the Bible was first translated, there has been a continual search for the greatest accuracy; an evolution, if you will. This is precisely why it cannot be taken literally to the Nth degree; the original language must first be examined. For you to say the NWT is without errors is not only arrogant, it is also dangerously uneducated.

OK, something to ponder:

" ... "by the Son" are said to be created "all things that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible ... all things were created by Him, and for Him; and He is before all, and all things consist by Him, who is the Head" (Colossians 1:16-18). In conformity with which John also in his Gospel says: "All things were created by Him; and without Him was not anything made" (John 1:3). And David, intimating that the mystery of the entire Trinity was (concerned) in the creation of all things, says: "By the Word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the Spirit of His mouth" (Psalm 32:6)."

Origen Adamantius, De Principiis, 4, 4, 3.

Thomas

And for the more philosophically inclined:

Seeing God the Father is invisible and inseparable from the Son, the Son is not generated from Him by "prolation," as some suppose. For if the Son be a "prolation" of the Father (the term "prolation" being used to signify such a generation as that of animals or men usually is), then, of necessity, both He who "prolated" and He who was "prolated" are corporeal. For we do not say, as the heretics suppose, that some part of the substance of God was converted into the Son, or that the Son was procreated by the Father out of things non-existent, i.e., beyond His own substance, so that there once was a time when He did not exist; but, putting away all corporeal conceptions, we say that the Word and Wisdom was begotten out of the invisible and incorporeal without any corporeal feeling, as if it were an act of the will proceeding from the understanding. Nor, seeing He is called "the Son of (His) love" (Colossians 1:13), will it appear absurd if in this way He be called the Son of (His) will.

"Nay, John also indicates that "God is Light" (1 John 1:5) and Paul also declares that the Son is "the splendour of everlasting light" (Hebrews 1:3 – Origen here attributes Hebrews to St Pul, although he questioned the Pauline authorship of that Epistle). As light, accordingly, could never exist without splendour, so neither can the Son be understood to exist without the Father; for He is called the "express image of His person" (Hebrews 1:3) and His Word and Wisdom. How, then, can it be asserted that there once was a time when He was not the Son? For that is nothing else than to say that there was once a time when He was not the Truth, nor the Wisdom, nor the Life, although in all these He is judged to be the perfect essence of God the Father; for these things cannot be severed from Him, or even be separated from His Substance. And although these qualities are said to be many in understanding, yet in their nature and essence they are one, and in them is the fulness of divinity (cf Colossians 2:9).

Origen De Principiis, 4, 4, 1.

Thomas

Scripture opens with "In the beginning ..." (Genesis 1:1)

The Hebrew in question bereshith is translated in the Greek as en arche and in Latin as in principio. Thus the Greek and Latin draw out an atemporal meaning inplicit in bereshith — in the metaphysical Principle, the ontological First Cause, the Absolute by means of which every relative is constituted ... that is missed if we read the term beginning purely as signifying a termporal or finite event.

(Had the temporal beginning been the object, then the Greek would more accurately be protista and the Latin inceptium or initium. Science I think would agree? There is not a 'time' before the beginning of time in any real sense, nor is there a 'space' into which the Kosmos was born.)

En arche occurs famously in the prologue of the Gospel of St John, and was joined to and became synonymous with the term Logos, a theme taken up by the Fathers, who saw the Son as the Logos of God, and so the Son, is the arche, the principle by which everything is constituted, of the Father who is beyond all determination and above all principle, the arche anarchos.

This was prefigured by Anaximander some seven centuries earlier, when he coined the term apeiron — the Infinite, the Boundless, the Limitless, to designate that which contained the principle of all things, but was itself not contained. He also redefined arche, which until then had meant a temporal beginning or origin, to imply no more a mere point in time, but a source that could perpetually give birth to whatever will be.

From this one can read bereshith in a wider philosophical context, and informed by Revelation, it is not illicit to say:
"In the Son, the Father created the heavens and the earth"

This, of course, means that the Kosmos was never without a meaning, a purpose, and each and every element of it possesses 'a reason to be' — that reason, the logos of every created thing, frames and is thus fundamental to every existing nature, and informs it of its purpose, is itself formed '"before the foundation of the world" (Ephesians 1:4) in the Son, the Logos of the Father.

And that knowledge is the Gift of the Holy Spirit, this wisdom and beatitude, was poured forth upon the world when the Father spoke (in the Son, for speech belongs to Logos) and said, "Let there be light" (Genesis 1:3) ...

Thomas

Scripture opens with "In the beginning ..." (Genesis 1:1)

The Hebrew in question bereshith is translated in the Greek as en arche and in Latin as in principio. Thus the Greek and Latin draw out an atemporal meaning inplicit in bereshith — in the metaphysical Principle, the ontological First Cause, the Absolute by means of which every relative is constituted ... that is missed if we read the term beginning purely as signifying a termporal or finite event.

Thomas
Finally! An attempt to meet God "outside" the human box...Bravo!

(Psalm 32:6)."

Thomas
:confused:

On this account every loyal one will pray to you
At such a time only as you may be found.
As for the flood of many waters, they will not touch him himself. psalm 32;6

see i am listening LOL

"Trinity"
in the Bible?

A PROTESTANT publication states: "The word Trinity is not found in the Bible . . . It did not find a place formally in the theology of the church till the 4th century." (The Illustrated Bible Dictionary) And a Catholic authority says that the Trinity "is not . . . directly and immediately [the] word of God."—New Catholic Encyclopedia.

and that is from those who believe in it :rolleyes:

"Trinity"
in the Bible?

A PROTESTANT publication states: "The word Trinity is not found in the Bible . . . It did not find a place formally in the theology of the church till the 4th century." (The Illustrated Bible Dictionary) And a Catholic authority says that the Trinity "is not . . . directly and immediately [the] word of God."—New Catholic Encyclopedia.

and that is from those who believe in it :rolleyes:
A protestant publication is not the spokesman for the entirety of Chrisondom. It is an opinion by one author (human). Genesis on the other hand is quite clear as to the number in the God head. It is also quite clear that we were made in the God head's image and likeness.

Get your head out of the Watchtower, and look at what the Bible says. Let me point out something to you. I dismiss what you believe as nonsense. I didn't before, but then after years of you dismissing what I and others believe, I lost my reservations. Your words are hollow, and have no meaning to me. Your "salt" has no flavor, becuase you forgot to include the most important part of your so called message (us). God's message cannot broach the ears of the dead. You said so yourself Mee. I believe you.

v/r

Q

I dismiss what you believe as nonsense.

v/r

Q
many do dismiss the promises in the bible, and many do dismiss bible truths as nonsense , and believe me you will not be the first to do that , the world is full of people who do not respond to the wonderful promises of God .

matthew 5;5, ...psalm 37; 11 ,29 .... Daniel 2;44..... Daniel 7;13-14.... matthew 24;14 ...... psalm 83;18 ....... the nonsense that i promote ,is all based on the promises in the bible . but many as you say dismiss it .

but i still love to promote it :)

Back