I submit this to the board!

You think so? I kinda think they make my butt look big.

C"mon Dauer, the pants and their confinement capabilities was why he was looking at your big butt in the first place.

Besides, you're all a big bunch of gluttons and beerbibbers.

I've always wondered Seattle, is the fish frozen or one of the freshies from Pike Place ?

flow....:p

I refreshed a few times and each refresh gave me the religion test. I will click through to give brian moneyz.

and returning to normal service after that comic interlude .....

Yes I like the idea of a support room (no jokes about girdles or stockings please) :p

Probably hasn't so I'll bump it, although that's not what I'm posting about.

I think it would be nice to have a 'Blank lines' rule that only allows posts to have a certain percentage of blank lines. The more lines you have in a post, the fewer blank lines there should be -- don't you think? So a four line post could have 2 blank lines; but a 10 line post should still only have 2 or three at most. A 20 line post should usually not have 8 blank lines. People shouldn't able to take up an entire page in a thread while only posting a little actual information. Imagine if a supermarket decided to wast floor space by making their isles 20 feet apart. Their rent bills would soon outstrip their sales. Its the same for forum space.

--The new Dwight Schrute of forum space

Dream; [B said:
I think it would be nice to have a 'Blank lines' rule that only allows posts to have a certain percentage of blank lines.[/B]

The more lines you have in a post, the fewer blank lines there should be -- don't you think?

So a four line post could have 2 blank lines; but a 10 line post should still only have 2 or three at most.

A 20 line post should usually not have 8 blank lines. People shouldn't able to take up an entire page in a thread while only posting a little actual information.

Imagine if a supermarket decided to wast floor space by making their isles 20 feet apart.

Their rent bills would soon outstrip their sales. Its the same for forum space.

--Dwight Schrute

Probably hasn't so I'll bump it, although that's not what I'm posting about.

I think it would be nice to have a 'Blank lines' rule that only allows posts to have a certain percentage of blank lines. The more lines you have in a post, the fewer blank lines there should be -- don't you think? So a four line post could have 2 blank lines; but a 10 line post should still only have 2 or three at most. A 20 line post should usually not have 8 blank lines. People shouldn't able to take up an entire page in a thread while only posting a little actual information. Imagine if a supermarket decided to wast floor space by making their isles 20 feet apart. Their rent bills would soon outstrip their sales. Its the same for forum space.

--The new Dwight Schrute of forum space
SPLASH!!

{Do you think those umbrella hats will protect you from a flying bucketful of icy cold water?} :rolleyes:

I have noted that due to the size of the avatars plus icons to the left of every post, posts tend to have a minimum size of about 25 lines regardless of content.

I thereby move, to prevent the waste of this space, that every post have a minimum of 25 lines of high-quality content.

This can be accomplished by adding the following to every post under 25 lines:

HEAD KNIGHT OF NI:
Ni!

KNIGHTS OF NI:
Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!
ARTHUR:
Who are you?
HEAD KNIGHT:
We are the Knights Who Say... 'Ni'!
RANDOM:
Ni!
ARTHUR:
No! Not the Knights Who Say 'Ni'!
HEAD KNIGHT:
The same!
BEDEVERE:
Who are they?
HEAD KNIGHT:
We are the keepers of the sacred words: 'Ni', 'Peng', and 'Neee-wom'!
RANDOM:
Neee-wom!
ARTHUR:
Those who hear them seldom live to tell the tale.
HEAD KNIGHT:
The Knights Who Say 'Ni' demand a sacrifice.

That is a terrific idea, Lunamoth; however I still feel like there's too much wasted space to the right of your quality content. Additionally, your post which was 33 lines contained 4 blank lines or 8.25% blank lines. By itself that's ok, but as I explained just now the additional space makes it, at best, a borderline post. I feel the SG's post method is more efficient, yet still not practical enough. If we keep working on it I think we can somehow combine the two ideas to find something that clicks! I think its exciting.
HEAD KNIGHT OF NI:
Ni!

KNIGHTS OF NI: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!ARTHUR: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!Who are you? SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!HEAD KNIGHT: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!We are the Knights Who Say... 'Ni'! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!RANDOM: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
Ni! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
ARTHUR: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!No! Not the Knights Who Say 'Ni'! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
HEAD KNIGHT: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!
The same! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
BEDEVERE: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!Who are they? SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!HEAD KNIGHT: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
RANDOM: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!Neee-wom! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
ARTHUR: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
Those who hear them seldom live to tell the tale. SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
The Knights Who Say 'Ni' demand a sacrifice. SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!

That is a terrific idea, Lunamoth; however I still feel like there's too much wasted space to the right of your quality content. Additionally, your post which was 33 lines contained 4 blank lines or 8.25% blank lines. By itself that's ok, but as I explained just now the additional space makes it, at best, a borderline post. I feel the SG's post method is more efficient, yet still not practical enough. If we keep working on it I think we can somehow combine the two ideas to find something that clicks! I think its exciting.
HEAD KNIGHT OF NI:
Ni!

KNIGHTS OF NI: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!ARTHUR: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!Who are you? SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!HEAD KNIGHT: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!We are the Knights Who Say... 'Ni'! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!RANDOM: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
Ni! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
ARTHUR: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!No! Not the Knights Who Say 'Ni'! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
The same! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
BEDEVERE: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!Who are they? SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!HEAD KNIGHT: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
RANDOM: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!Neee-wom! SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
ARTHUR: SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
Those who hear them seldom live to tell the tale. SPLASH!!SPLASH!!
The Knights Who Say 'Ni' demand a sacrifice. SPLASH!!SPLASH!!SPLASH!!

Well done! I second this motion.

Is it time to call for a vote?

*Using my superpowers I might be able to automatically add this to everyone's post, thus achieving the desired level of quality and conformity required for the collective.*

Back