Fear-Based Christianity

Christians want to honour and remember Jesus because he died, not because he needed to be murdered.
Salt, you are missing the entire point of Jesus' death and resurrection.

He had to sacrifice himself for all of us (you, me, everyone on earth, past, present, future). He couldn't simply die. He had to die the horrendous death that could be thought of, because of what he was taking upon himself...all of man's sins.

We Christians remember the sacrfice he made for us, and that he then beat death, which gives us all hope.

We remember his death, we celebrate his resurrection and ascention into heaven, and the promise he made to those that accept that gift to us (salvation, because he paid the price we would have to pay, had he not).

Like my mom used to tell me when I was a kid (and still get emotional when I think about it): "Jesus said I love you this much, then he spread his arms, and he died for you, and you, and you, and..."

v/r

Q

fear based christianity. This is the whole reason why the mythical Hell was created by man. So that this man made doctrain of putting the fear in people so they can control them. They (the ministers, pastors and priests) can have total control over their congergation. If the people understood, they would not blindly follow. Wouldn't you think that God would have many more followers if the people would follow out of LOVE rather than fear?? Why would one have to force one by fear of an entenal hell to love God? How does that work? Can anyone here be force to love someone because of fear? NO!! It would make me hate. One loves out of love. One does not love out of fear. This would make one resent one. For example: Sadamm, ben laden, castro,and any other dictators, are they loved or hated? Are the loved are feared? Ceaser, Nero, Pilate, loved or feared? WE know what is better. It is better to be loved than feared. Sure these people would have you believe othrwise. Just as in man made doctrains teaches If one does not love God one will fry in hell for all enernity.

Darren

Darren

... do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name, you are mine... an old hymn we used to sing in school...

and yet... hell... the end times... fiery lakes of molten lava, floods, famine, pestilence... christians today in their many thousands believe in such a miserable version of christianity it's suprising they don't all jump in droves off cliff tops, like lemmings...

telling ur mom to pee off, juvenile masturbation, homosexuality, being a Liberal, practising witchcraft, listening to rock music, reading Harry Potter novels, having sex before you're married... many many things are considered sins which, let's face it, aren't really sins at all...

... do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name, you are mine... an old hymn we used to sing in school...

and yet... hell... the end times... fiery lakes of molten lava, floods, famine, pestilence... christians today in their many thousands believe in such a miserable version of christianity it's suprising they don't all jump in droves off cliff tops, like lemmings...

telling ur mom to pee off, juvenile masturbation, homosexuality, being a Liberal, practising witchcraft, listening to rock music, reading Harry Potter novels, having sex before you're married... many many things are considered sins which, let's face it, aren't really sins at all...
Everything in life, has consequenses...

Back