Did God know Eve would eat -- a non-Abrhamic perspective

hi winner,
keep in mind that when the TANACH (previous covenant, if you will, because to me, IT was never old) was written, there were never any chapter breaks. very important to remember this while reading the bible.

i am of the mind that Gen 1:1-31 & 2:1-3 is a summery account of God's creation of heaven and earth. as i understand the account, we aren't even in the 7th day yet. we are still in the 6th day awaiting for our image to be perfected.

in other words, anything that is read after Gen 2:4 takes place during the 6th day. for the exception at the end of the book of apocalypse.

i would delve further into why i think this but i'll leave you to ask the questions. unless you already know the answers and are just testing the waters. if so i understand.

now you say that you were given insight to this in another form. by all means, share the knowledge when you get the chance.

leo

You know I had heard that before and I never really thought about it. I heard that God is done creating. No i am very interested. The truth is the truth. If I don;t understand something or something new comes in to play I am all for it. I want to hear.

Darren

Q,

First of all, I want to thank you for not being sarcastic, and putting me down, as you usually do.

Is there a quote in the Bible about seven flames before the throne?

Dream,

You said,

"I found the verse you're referring to about seven lamps."

--> Do you have that chapter and verse?

Winner

You said,

"Yes it is two different accounts.... This is how God works. Only in His time are we if at all allowed to understand."

--> I'm sorry, but I cannot buy that.

(1) Too many times I have heard that nonsensical stuff in the Bible can be explained by "God can do anything." Sorry, it just dosen't work for me.

(2) I am fortunate, because my belief system makes absolute, perfect, logical sense. Therefore, I do not have to deal such problems.

(3) You are referring to the Double Creation Story in Genesis. Do you really think the human race was created twice?

Nick, the reference you wanted is Revelation 4:5. The other references are similar, all using the words throne and seven.
Rev. 1:4
Rev. 4:5
Rev. 5:1
Rev. 5:6

KJV Revelation 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

KJV Revelation 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

KJV Revelation 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

KJV Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Winner

You said,

"Yes it is two different accounts.... This is how God works. Only in His time are we if at all allowed to understand."

--> I'm sorry, but I cannot buy that.

(1) Too many times I have heard that nonsensical stuff in the Bible can be explained by "God can do anything." Sorry, it just dosen't work for me.

(2) I am fortunate, because my belief system makes absolute, perfect, logical sense. Therefore, I do not have to deal such problems.

(3) You are referring to the Double Creation Story in Genesis. Do you really think the human race was created twice?

To tell you the truth I don't know.

How do you explain secientist account of man (how far we go back) and the Gens. story that goes back what 6000yrs??

I am all ears
Darren

Nick do you believe that God has a plan and a time table for that plan?
If so then would not God reveal things to man in His appointed time?

Darren

Nick I just read you reply to Q, You got him peg. He has enough sarcasm for everbody including me.

The 7,000 year plan Leo mentioned divides history into 7 millenia and attaches a major Bible event to each day. Its popular with some groups. Here's an example list:
  • Day 1: Earth's creation and Adam's death
  • Day 2: The flood and Noah
  • Day 3: Moses and Israel on Mt. Sinai
  • Day 4: Nebuchadnezzar destroys the 1st Temple. Zerubbabel (sown in Babylon) returns. Ezra, Nehemiah, Haggai & Joshua begin 2nd Temple period.
  • Day 5: 2nd & 3rd Temples destroyed. Hanukah & 1st Christian millenium
  • Day 6: 2nd Christian millenium.
  • Day 7: Temple built in Israel & Jesus returns
  • Day 8:....

Q,

First of all, I want to thank you for not being sarcastic, and putting me down, as you usually do.

Is there a quote in the Bible about seven flames before the throne?
I don't know. I've never pushed studies on Revelation Nick. I also don't believe I ever gave you more than you gave me...

If I did, I am sorry for that.

v/r

Q

The 7,000 year plan Leo mentioned divides history into 7 millenia and attaches a major Bible event to each day. Its popular with some groups. Here's an example list:
  • Day 4: Nebuchadnezzar destroys the 1st Temple. Zerubbabel (sown in Babylon) returns. Ezra, Nehemiah, Haggai & Joshua begin 2nd Temple period.
Tis another dream... back to the recent earth folks huh?

Nick I just read you reply to Q, You got him peg. He has enough sarcasm for everbody including me.
You should try addressing me Darren.

I disagree with you (that is one thing), I don't accept your will of things, but I do not treat you with disrespect.

Since this is not my forum, I'll leave it at that.

Wil said:
Tis another dream... back to the recent earth folks huh?
Its not related to young earth theories, although they make use of it. Its popularity bridges and branches through all over the place. How could it not? Israel got recognized national borders in Canaan in 1948, which just happened to be very close to year 6000. No matter what the cause, this is an amazing thing and right up until year 6000 and beyond it will be considered a phenomenon.

Hmmm
day 1: There is an explosion (big bang, God speaks), long day, as stars and debris around the stars have to settle into globes/belts. With globes spinning and orbiting spinning stars, we get light, and night/dark. globes become planets and offshoot moons, coalecse and settle down while the cores solidify, or the gas giants stablize. (one billion years).

day 2: Gasses coalesce around planets that have a heavy magnetic core (iron), and start to separate. There is lots of heat and hydrogen and oxygen and BOOM another explosion on planets resulting in "Water". But the core temp of the planet has to cool, and then we see(if we could be there) the sea forming on the surface and an atmosphere forming above... (one billion years).

I could keep on but my point is this...how old is the earth by scientific standards? Seven billion years? This is still the day of rest by God's standards, and the scientists are satisfied with the fact that their expectations of the age of the earth are not in question by the bible (God's time is not man's or the universe's time).

It is seven of God's days (as he saw fit at the time), and seven billion years (from man's perspective). We're dealing with a guy that makes the rules here. Right? Just because he invented the game, doesn't mean he has to play it (just ask Milton Bradley, on his "Game of Life").

You should try addressing me Darren.

I disagree with you (that is one thing), I don't accept your will of things, but I do not treat you with disrespect.

Since this is not my forum, I'll leave it at that.

I would address you, I also get tired of your sarcasims. If sarcasims is not a sign of disrespect then your right.

PS I don't care if you don't agree with me or my will of things that's fine.
I also see it is just not me who's been the target of your sarcasims.

I just leave it at that.

Winner,

the seven Spirits which are before his throne
seven lamps of fire burning before the throne

Yes, these are the seven Elohim which created humanity.

You asked,

“How do you explain secientist account of man (how far we go back) and the Gens. story that goes back what 6000yrs??”

--> I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean the fact that science says the Earth is 4 billion years old, while Christians say the entire universe is 6,000 years old? Are you asking why there is such a discrepancy?

“Nick do you believe that God has a plan and a time table for that plan?”

--> I am not a monotheist, so I would not use the word ‘God’ in such a way. But yes, there is a plan and a time table.

“If so then would not God reveal things to man in His appointed time?”

--> The entire plan has not been revealed because we are not ready to learn about the plan. It has been said that, if we knew all of the secrets of the universe, it would be very dangerous indeed. I also believe that, when we are ready, all aspects of the plan will be revealed to us. One of the reasons parts of the Bible is written in such an arcane fashion is because they are trying to discuss things that are not allowed to be discussed.

“One we have God Make man in Our image. then you have God forming man out of the dust.”

--> This refers to the fact that a human being is composed of an astral body and a physical body (as well as other aspects). The Elohim also had/have astral bodies. They took parts of their astral bodies and created astral bodies for the first humans. This is what is meant by ‘in their image,’ and is literally correct. Next is the part of ‘man formed out of the dust.’ This refers to the creating of man’s physical bodies — again, a literally correct statement. Our astral bodies were created before our physical bodies were created (which is the only way it could have been done, if you think about it). This is why the ‘our image’ statement correctly precedes the ‘formed out of dust’ statement in that sentence.

I do not need to know why there are seven, because to me that number is truly arcane. There are things coming to light though, and ignorance usually seems more harmful than knowledge.

Back