Hi

mrgnash

Neophyte
Reaction score
Greetings to all, I'd like to take a virtual moment to introduce myself :) My name is Michael, and I am from the traditionalist viewpoint commonly associated with Rene Guenon, Ananda Coomaraswamy and Frithjof Schuon among others. I've had a deep and abiding interest in religion as far back as I remember, but my speculation on the existence of God has been of an atheistic bent for the majority of my years. I practice zazen (sitting meditation) regularly and study religion both as part of my Religion and Philosophy major and as a 'informal vocation' ;)

Despite my firm conviction that religion - or rather dhikr (the remembrance of God) - is the most (or perhaps only) needful thing, I have yet to find my home within a particular tradition; owing mostly to my regrettable timidity and reluctance to participate in the communal/social aspects of religious life. At any rate, you can find both some of my own writings on religious topics and information on traditionalism at my website: Orthodoxus Sanctuarium

I look forward to getting to know you all and hope that I can contribute productively to the discussions :)

Hi mrgnash and welcome to CR. :)

And don't forget to consider this site in your links pages. :)

Back