Is Jesus the only way to God

No, the son of man is the only way.

Who is the son of man? Answer: Thus says the LORD: Observe what is right, do what is just; for my salvation is about to come, my justice, about to be revealed,blessed is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it;

Jesus said to carry on in His words, to do what He did.He said He gave His followers an example to follow.The reason He came was to spread the truth. So it would seem that is what His followers should do.Here is another example.

It is written;

Isaiah;

The Lords counsel is wonderful and His wisdom is great.
The deaf shall hear the words of a book; And out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see.
They shall keep my name holy; they shall reverence the Holy One of Jacob, and be in awe of the God of Israel.
Those who err in spirit shall acquire understanding, and those who find fault shall receive instruction.

A king will reign justly and princes will rule rightly.

Justice will bring about peace; right will produce calm and security.

Who of us can live with the consuming fire? who of us can live with the everlasting flames? He who does what is right and speaks the truth.

Look in the book of the Lord and read: No one of these shall be lacking, For the mouth of the Lord has ordered it, and his spirit shall gather them there.

Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased; upon whom I have put my Spirit, he will proclaim justice to the nations.”

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
I am the good shepherd, I know my sheep and my sheep know me,
just as the Lord knows me and I know the Lord; To these sheep I will give my life.

I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Lord except by me.Jesus and I are One.He sent me into the world as the Father sent Him.

No, the son of man is the only way.

Who is the son of man? Answer: Thus says the LORD: Observe what is right, do what is just; for my salvation is about to come, my justice, about to be revealed,blessed is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it;

Jesus said to carry on in His words, to do what He did.He said He gave His followers an example to follow.The reason He came was to spread the truth. So it would seem that is what His followers should do.Here is another example.

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
I am the good shepherd, I know my sheep and my sheep know me,
just as the Lord knows me and I know the Lord; To these sheep I will give my life.

I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Lord except by me.Jesus and I are One.He sent me into the world as the Father sent Him.

So when Jesus says "I am"

what is he referring to to Jesus the man, or Yahweh I AM ?

does this mean that Jesus is the only way to God ?

No, he was part of the way to God during his 33 years that he lived on this earth. Today he is dead, and the dead, has no longer any portion in any thing that's done under the sun. (Eccl. 9:5.6) God is God of the living and not of the dead.
Ben

So when Jesus says "I am"

what is he referring to to Jesus the man, or Yahweh I AM ?

The son of man tells people how they can hear his voice.

"My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

" Whoever has my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him."

"The Lord God does nothing without revealing His plans to His servants the prophets."

'The Lords power will be known to His servants but to His enemies His wrath".

The son of man tells people how they can hear his voice.

"My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

" Whoever has my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him."

"The Lord God does nothing without revealing His plans to His servants the prophets."

'The Lords power will be known to His servants but to His enemies His wrath".

why did you quote me and then fail to answer my question ?

why did you quote me and then fail to answer my question ?

I showed you the scripture that would lead you to the answer.There is scripture that says everyone must be taught by God. When you are worthy you will understand.Read the word of the Lord, learn,and follow the example of the son of man.

The son of man says and it is written;

"Anyone who is not willing to pick up there cross and follow after me is not worthy of me".

I showed you the scripture that would lead you to the answer.There is scripture that says everyone must be taught by God. When you are worthy you will understand.Read the word of the Lord, learn,and follow the example of the son of man.

The son of man says and it is written;

"Anyone who is not willing to pick up there cross and follow after me is not worthy of me".

its called evasion, in other words my question is hard for you to answer therefore you wont answer it because of where it will lead you.

its called evasion, in other words my question is hard for you to answer therefore you wont answer it because of where it will lead you.

No. That is why everyone must seek, knock and ask for themselves. So They will earn the right to enter the kingdom of God as scripture says.Everyone try's to get in through the wide gate that is easy but the narrow gate is the only way.

Itis written;

"Seek and you shall find ,knock and it will be opened ask and you shall receive."

" I am the gate. Anyone who enters by me will be saved."

No. That is why everyone must seek, knock and ask for themselves. So They will earn the right to enter the kingdom of God as scripture says.Everyone try's to get in through the wide gate that is easy but the narrow gate is the only way.

Itis written;

"Seek and you shall find ,knock and it will be opened ask and you shall receive."

" I am the gate. Anyone who enters by me will be saved."

ok so you dont want a dialogue you just want to speak ?

so again when Jesus "I am the way the truth and the life"

what is "I am" Jesus the man ?

or "I AM" as in Yahweh.

If you dont want to answer then just say so I can accept that.

ok so you dont want a dialogue you just want to speak ?

so again when Jesus "I am the way the truth and the life"

what is "I am" Jesus the man ?

or "I AM" as in Yahweh.

If you dont want to answer then just say so I can accept that.

First of all, Jesus was a sane Jewish man and not an insane Hellenist. And second, you are quoting this text from John 8:58. The whole chapter 8 of John is an interpolated addition as a result of pious fraud by the Church in the 4th Century. If one chooses to adopt it as a genuine part of the NT, he or she ought to be able to explain the contradiction between John 8:31 and John 8:44. While in verse 31 Jesus is reported as speaking to the Jews who had believed in him, in verse 44, he name those Jews as children of the devil. How could have he called children of the devil the Jews who had believed in him? It makes no sense, does it?
Ben

First of all, Jesus was a sane Jewish man and not an insane Hellenist. And second, you are quoting this text from John 8:58. The whole chapter 8 of John is an interpolated addition as a result of pious fraud by the Church in the 4th Century. If one chooses to adopt it as a genuine part of the NT, he or she ought to be able to explain the contradiction between John 8:31 and John 8:44. While in verse 31 Jesus is reported as speaking to the Jews who had believed in him, in verse 44, he name those Jews as children of the devil. How could have he called children of the devil the Jews who had believed in him? It makes no sense, does it?
Ben

There is no contradiction because the so called Jews of that time didn't believe in Him the way God wants.They may have believed He was a prophet but they didn't keep the ways of the Lord.

There is no contradiction because the so called Jews of that time didn't believe in Him the way God wants.They may have believed He was a prophet but they didn't keep the ways of the Lord.

They could not have believed that Jesus was a prophet because they knew that the prophetical system was over since the time when the Jews had returned from exile in Babylon, according to Daniel 9:24, when prophets and prophecy had been sealed up. Or become in a word, obsolete. Therefore, verse 31 of John 8 shows that Jesus' teaching as a revival of spiritual Judaism had been accepted, what makes of verse 44 a bad contradiction.
Ben

They could not have believed that Jesus was a prophet because they knew that the prophetical system was over since the time when the Jews had returned from exile in Babylon, according to Daniel 9:24, when prophets and prophecy had been sealed up. Or become in a word, obsolete. Therefore, verse 31 of John 8 shows that Jesus' teaching as a revival of spiritual Judaism had been accepted, what makes of verse 44 a bad contradiction.
Ben

You cannot say they didn't believe He was a prophet because you were not there and in their thoughts. Even if they didn't believe He was a Prophet it says they believed in Him in some way. But like I said He was scolding them because they didn't do the will of God,which is what He came to do, to give an example of how to return to the early days of Judaism.They did not accept His ways, there is no proof anyone accepted His ways, or they would have continued in His words, as stated.There is no contradiction whatsoever.

Ben

Princely Wrote;

Daniel 9:24 is a metaphoric writing and the time has not passed yet.For one thing sin has not stopped because people do not serve the Lord as prescribed.Remember what Isaiah said about Jacobs guilt.27:6 "In days to come Jacob shall take root, Israel shall sprout and blossom, covering all the world with fruit. Is he to be smitten as his smiter was smitten? or slain as his slayer was slain? Or shall he cling to me for refuge? He must make peace with me; peace shall he make with me! This, then, shall be the expiation of Jacob's guilt, this will remove all of his sin:

A thought. The narrow gate Jesus talks about means not being hard in your heart. That is the narrow gate that most people can't find, and its not that people don't know what they should do but that its difficult. Psalms 95:8 recounts the warning "8 Harden not your hearts, as at Meribah, as on the day at Massah in the wilderness," (keeping in mind the path Israel took was a sieve filtering them or was like a narrow gate). The words hard and heart appear 19 times in Exodus, describing Pharoah's attitude towards the Israelis. Deuteronomy 15:7 "...you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother,..." I'm not sure exactly all of what 'hard hearted' means, but that is what entering the narrow gate pertains to. It probably means to be softer and more approachable, not fending people off. In the culture of the time it may have lots of meanings related to how they lived. Entering the narrow gate is something that anybody can do but that most people don't.

A thought. The narrow gate Jesus talks about means not being hard in your heart. That is the narrow gate that most people can't find, and its not that people don't know what they should do but that its difficult. Psalms 95:8 recounts the warning "8 Harden not your hearts, as at Meribah, as on the day at Massah in the wilderness," (keeping in mind the path Israel took was a sieve filtering them or was like a narrow gate). The words hard and heart appear 19 times in Exodus, describing Pharoah's attitude towards the Israelis. Deuteronomy 15:7 "...you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother,..." I'm not sure exactly all of what 'hard hearted' means, but that is what entering the narrow gate pertains to. It probably means to be softer and more approachable, not fending people off. In the culture of the time it may have lots of meanings related to how they lived. Entering the narrow gate is something that anybody can do but that most people don't.
Heart and mind are often used interchangably in many cultures/faiths. Being hard hearted can be like being closed-minded, in that you rationalize evidence placed before you away--or rationalize evil/harmful behavior away-- in order to avoid having to face a guilty conscience.

Is conscience the narrow gate?

Heart and mind are often used interchangably in many cultures/faiths. Being hard hearted can be like being closed-minded, in that you rationalize evidence placed before you away--or rationalize evil/harmful behavior away-- in order to avoid having to face a guilty conscience.

Is conscience the narrow gate?

Another thought--reciprocity--judge not, lest ye be judged. If you harden your heart towards others, you might expect the same in return.

Luke 13:
Luke 13

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

The Narrow Way

22 He went through one town and village after another, teaching and making His way to Jerusalem. 23 "Lord," someone asked Him, "are there few being saved?" [h] He said to them, 24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you, many will try to enter and won't be able 25 once the homeowner gets up and shuts the door. Then you will stand [i] outside and knock on the door, saying, 'Lord, open up for us!' He will answer you, 'I don't know you or where you're from.' 26 Then you will say, [j] 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets!' 27 But He will say, 'I tell you, I don't know you or where you're from. Get away from Me, all you workers of unrighteousness!' 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth in that place, when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but yourselves thrown out. 29 They will come from east and west, from north and south, and recline at the table in the kingdom of God. 30 Note this: some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last."

If Jesus is the only way to God, how has Jesus come to God?

Jesus was born of flesh and blood, Jesus is not Christ, Christ is the experience of Jesus - Jesus was anointed by God, now he can say "I and my father are one". Moses has come to God, Abraham has come to God, Jesus was not there because he had not yet even been born. Christ or Son we can say was there, but Jesus is the son of Mary born of flesh...

On the other hand, if you tell me this statement is the Holy Spirit speaking through Jesus, I absolutely accept the statement. Holy means whole, one... the One Spirit or God is absolutely the way to eternal life.

Back