Hey whats happened to Alex

Life is too serious, to take serious :)

Easier said than done of course!

assallamu aleykum wa rahmattullahi wa barakatuh,

:)

WoW....

I'm gonna have to google an appropriate response to this one.
Well, here it is:

Wa' alaikum As'salam wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh wa maghfiratuh wa tayyib salawatih.'

I wasn't really bothered about it when it happened (Yes I now sound like a cold hearted monster....) It has been only on my mind for like the past year perhaps.
It has nothing to do with you being cold hearted,
its just the differences in the way everyone is built.

Different types of fear inflict different people. Maybe for you, the actual
bereavement/separation is not as disturbing as dealing with the concept of
mortality. Other people are more sentimental, and worry more about the
separation itself. Others are simply afraid of what happens after death,
because they don't know anything about it. Its like stepping into the
unknown, and it scares them.

You have to deal with the issue that is relevant to you.
Don't worry about what doesn't concern you.

My sincere condolences Alex...

It can take many years for such emotional wounds to heal.
But they do heal... inshAllah.

As per what I said to you last in the thread, "A New Threat to Interfaith Scholarship," methinks Alex is going "radioactive.":):D:eek:

Well, here it is:

Wa' alaikum As'salam wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh wa maghfiratuh wa tayyib salawatih.'

Oh boy! Arabic. Can't you guys speak a language we can understand?

Have you got somethin' to hide?

Are you planning a coup de'tat against the government? Maybe this is part of a conspiracy.:eek:

(On a more serious note, I'd be curious to know what it means -- both what you and Alex said.)

Are you planning a coup de'tat against the government? Maybe this is part of a conspiracy.:eek:

(On a more serious note, I'd be curious to know what it means -- both what you and Alex said.)

LOL dude I dont even know what all that means
I just copy pasted

Knowing others have problems doesn't make me feel any better lol... I do find it strange how it is common that a man can find comfort knowing he isn't the only one who suffers, strange isn't it lol.

Yes I admit I have panic attacks, I wasn't going to mention it but, you started it!!! lol... I used to get them awhile back... When I was looking into religion, I found marijuana as my resolve... Now I am resolving them without the plant. That test tightening is terrible isn't it? I hated the stinging pains that would shoot down my shoulder areas into my chest... Awful....

Cancer was your worry was it? Mines heart attacks ;/ because bam *clicks his fingers* like that it can happen... done.

See I would pray to god when I went to bed to ease my mind and guide me... But my anxiety only grew :(

I knew you were having panic attacks because I recognized exactly the almost manic way you posted about death. . I also experienced the cure but thats another discussion.

Its pretty obvious that talking about faith is sparking it and how close and personal the attack is isnt it? The closer you get to "getting it" the more extreme the attacks are I wager...

I strongly encourage you to read up on spiritual warfare... i would even suggest a good fiction series by Frank Peretti This Present Darkness and Piercing The Darkness. Its not preachy its just a novel about a town being the prize in the battle between the demonic and heavenly hosts.. But the author has a good grasp of the war between the two and you can actually understand and recognize how it happens in your own life.. it really makes known the absolute power and necessity of prayer... On its own its really a good read, Alex

There are demons and Ive seen them at work even though Iwouldnt recognize them on my own I did only by discernment from God and I have. If you anyones curious I would go into detail but otherwise I will not.

There are demons and Ive seen them at work even though Iwouldnt recognize them on my own I did only by discernment from God and I have. If you anyones curious I would go into detail but otherwise I will not.

This subject always fascinated me.
I would love to hear about your experiences.
Do you want to start a new thread about this?

Wow... Ok this will take some time to reply too lol... (thanks for replies!!!!!!!)

Alex,
I've watched you go through so much the last few years, and rarely have I said anything, because to offer advice especially unsolicited seemed untoward.
But, at the risk of sounding lame, I'm going to chance it. I smoked weed quite a bit when younger, and when I stopped daily use I felt very raw and vulnerable and something more, something I couldn't put my finger on, but beyond any craving there was this sense that I lost something.
So many questions, and why doesn't religion work? I remember that too.
Be at peace though, life isn't what you think, it really is what it is regardless of our fears and fancies.
Take a little time away from the searching and questioning. Just live, but live as deeply as you know how. Love and love completely without hesitation , for no matter what the outcome you will know what love is like.
Enjoy the feeling of your breath filling your body, the sounds around you even if they are discordant for they are real too.
Be at peace my friend, everything really is okay regardless of how it seems.

You don't sound lame, in fact, I really liked your post, thank you. :)

Welcome to the human race.

I sometimes have my doubts, too. Believe you me. You are only speaking to a void if that is all you do. Do you have to do something? Find out yourself if God is there. You wanna know how? It's not about looking for signs in the heavens, it's testing for yourself if God is working in your life by aligning yourself to His Ways. God wants to prove Himself through your actions, done in a spirit of Love (think I Cor. 13:1-3). I believe that is the realm where God operates and reveals Himself to us.

You have the power to do your part in all this. You wanna see peace, live peacefully with others. If you wanna see unity, get united with people. You don't wanna be nothing, then do something worthwhile. You don't want to be forgotten, then be there for people who will remember you for what you've done for them.

Don't live in the light of others. You are your own light. When you compare yourself with others, you will just end up frustrated. Jesus was only our example. He lived the best life He could in the light of God. Alex needs to live the best life in the light of God, too. Afterall, He gave you a life to live out. If He created you, don't you think He would deem you worthy to receive all those things you think you lack? I don't think God is a respector of persons. But by the same token, I think we limit ourselves by not recognizing that the things we seek are available to us from Him.

The game of life is not about being the goodest and most pious person, it's about being the best Lover of all things in His creation.

It all sounds fairly simply... But, sometimes I question if it will work out like this.

Dont you think death is scarier without religion, than with it. I mean what is worse than nothing?

No matter how much you run, your fears will follow. The more they follow you the more you grow weak. Its like running away from a dog. You know you cant outrun it. Turn back & kick its face, thats the only way out.

There is an interesting behaviour among us humans. We attach so much emotions to facts, that our emotional shades become a bigger fact than the fact itself. Two things come attached with death, fear of unknown & fear of loss. Fear of unknown can be reframed into something more palatable, & fear of loss can only be fought on metaphysical level. Kahlil Jibran says an interesting thing,"when I see death, I remember people on a ship sailing away from a sea port, & their relatives waving their hands, saying goodbye. I realise that there are other people on the other port who are waiting to wellcome them."

BTW try some buddhist meditations, atleast they will give you enough power to scare away the demons of mind. You dont have to follow or affiliate yourself to anything. Just do it for a change (Mind is like an untamed horse btw. It doesnt like being controlled. It will fight back).

Hey, if your teacher helps you pass the exam, then whats the point of exams anyways. I guess its all a part of learning process, getting cold hands, shaky feet, cloudy mind etc.

Facing our fears being the only way to conquor them eh? :) Hard to stop running at times from that which cannot be seen, but then it could be said, that it is strange to run from something that isn't visible. As if running from nothing. I tried doing the buddhist meditation things... Not me I must say...

hey Alex , Jehovah knows just what we need , i have just gone on to the official website of Jehovahs witnesses and the main thing at the top is just what you are talking about .:)

I shall read it :)

Life is too serious, to take serious :)

Easier said than done of course!

Of course old bean! Then again, nice quote!

:)

WoW....

I'm gonna have to google an appropriate response to this one.
Well, here it is:

It has nothing to do with you being cold hearted,
its just the differences in the way everyone is built.

Different types of fear inflict different people. Maybe for you, the actual
bereavement/separation is not as disturbing as dealing with the concept of
mortality. Other people are more sentimental, and worry more about the
separation itself. Others are simply afraid of what happens after death,
because they don't know anything about it. Its like stepping into the
unknown, and it scares them.

You have to deal with the issue that is relevant to you.
Don't worry about what doesn't concern you.

Not sure with or without it has been bothering me very much! As I have said I am starting to feel very better... And yesterday after typing on here I felt even better. Wow very nice reply there :) Google? Cheater!!!! I googled it and it didn't come up? You must have the special google! I wasn't effected by my fathers death because of how I saw him in my eyes and a bad father and husband. *shrugs* I made my peace with him before he died.. And forgot about it, but for a lil while now it has been on my mind.

*subtly places his hand on his sword* *mutters under his breath... He knows too much...*

As per what I said to you last in the thread, "A New Threat to Interfaith Scholarship," methinks Alex is going "radioactive.":):D:eek:

Ay? lol.

LOL dude I dont even know what all that means
I just copy pasted

Your muslim? You must know what it means!!! :eek::D

I said to code to recognise his islamic roots... May peace be upon him and the blessing and mercy of allah.... And then he replied with quite a special reply... Which means and may peace be upon you, and the (special!)blessings, mercy and forgiveness of allah it was used by the tabieen to address Caliph. :)

I knew you were having panic attacks because I recognized exactly the almost manic way you posted about death. . I also experienced the cure but thats another discussion.

Its pretty obvious that talking about faith is sparking it and how close and personal the attack is isnt it? The closer you get to "getting it" the more extreme the attacks are I wager...

I strongly encourage you to read up on spiritual warfare... i would even suggest a good fiction series by Frank Peretti This Present Darkness and Piercing The Darkness. Its not preachy its just a novel about a town being the prize in the battle between the demonic and heavenly hosts.. But the author has a good grasp of the war between the two and you can actually understand and recognize how it happens in your own life.. it really makes known the absolute power and necessity of prayer... On its own its really a good read, Alex

I think I agree with c0de would be an interesting thread :)

I will try to look at the books when I feel up to it, (not a book person lol) But I will when I feel a bit better look at it :D I attempted to use "power of prayer" as I guess a therapy to settle me but it idn't help :/

I will try to look at the books when I feel up to it, (not a book person lol) But I will when I feel a bit better look at it :D I attempted to use "power of prayer" as I guess a therapy to settle me but it idn't help :/

Prayer is a muscle and faith is the power behind it.... its like trying to bench 250 lbs when you're scrawny. You build your muscle by working it and overcoming obstacles through faith... it all works together. The more you believe in it the more and faster it works. Jesus said we could move mountains.

Please dont give up on prayer. We are so much less than we could be without it.

Wow... Ok this will take some time to reply too lol... (thanks for replies!!!!!!!)

You don't sound lame, in fact, I really liked your post, thank you. :)

It all sounds fairly simply... But, sometimes I question if it will work out like this.

Facing our fears being the only way to conquor them eh? :) Hard to stop running at times from that which cannot be seen, but then it could be said, that it is strange to run from something that isn't visible. As if running from nothing. I tried doing the buddhist meditation things... Not me I must say...

I shall read it :)

Of course old bean! Then again, nice quote!

Not sure with or without it has been bothering me very much! As I have said I am starting to feel very better... And yesterday after typing on here I felt even better. Wow very nice reply there :) Google? Cheater!!!! I googled it and it didn't come up? You must have the special google! I wasn't effected by my fathers death because of how I saw him in my eyes and a bad father and husband. *shrugs* I made my peace with him before he died.. And forgot about it, but for a lil while now it has been on my mind.

*subtly places his hand on his sword* *mutters under his breath... He knows too much...*

Ay? lol.

Your muslim? You must know what it means!!! :eek::D

I said to code to recognise his islamic roots... May peace be upon him and the blessing and mercy of allah.... And then he replied with quite a special reply... Which means and may peace be upon you, and the (special!)blessings, mercy and forgiveness of allah it was used by the tabieen to address Caliph. :)

I think I agree with c0de would be an interesting thread :)

Bored with us already...such a shame. You were just getting interesting.:eek::D

Well, you know where we are, and you are always welcome Alex. Your presence would be sorely missed.

May you find what it is you are looking for (and bring it back here for the rest of us to see and wonder).

Chief Warrant Officer salutes...

Q

Everyone needs a break from this place once in a while Alex. And (courtesy of Brian), when / if you want it again, it's still here. :)

Take care.

Snoop the loop.

Well, I was going to try and rephrase it but I am not sure how... I have found when I talk/debate/discuss/whatever religion and attempt to get "into" religion my life is burdened... I feel sad and depressed.

I try to be enthusiastic and no matter what I end up dwelling on death and that isn't something I wish to dwell on. I haven't stopped thinking of how my father died (and that was two years ago..) I have never dwelled on it... But the more I am looking into religion the more my morality comes to reality and I fear I am to die like my father.... I am at my most "happiest" when I am not thinking of such things, so I am not really "doing" religion (even though I want to lol, I am kind of nuts so yeah....) I believe in god but I don't wish to think of god. It won't make sense... But to me it's perfect. all in all, I feel vunerable and that isn't what I want, so ignorance is the plan for bliss....

So my attendance to this forum has obviously faded, as I try to find joy but I can't and I guess in reality religion depresses me.... *shrugs*

I am exactly the same. Between this, Cross map & one other religion forum I despise religion. I too find it depressing, unrewarding, a burden, arrogant and I became much happier without it. I really don’t need to see religion on sleeves to see attitude & character. Consider there are 50 regulars and maybe 50 part timers who pop in. Most people do not want to hear about religion and rarely bring it up. They get about as fed up or angry with politics. If it were possible to get a poll of the other 5000 who meddled and never/rarely show their faces again, I would gamble their experience to be less than average or similar to what you speak. At least you are honest.
I have known you a long time. We kind of started doing these religious babblings about the same time and together. Religion isn’t all it is cracked up to be and you do not need it to belong and to be happy.

The only place we differ is with death. I have no problem accepting things that I have no choice over such as the day my body dies. I am glad that you and I met over yonder. Maybe the answer is in accepting that we have no choice in some things? We have had some awesome one on one discussions. You can't say that about everyone you meet.

I grew apart from my dad for many years. As I watch my boy grow apart from me, I speak with my dad about 3 times a week now. I am sorry that your dad is gone. I still don’t know how we find strength in the things that remain behind, but we do.

I am exactly the same. Between this, Cross map & one other religion forum I despise religion. I too find it depressing, unrewarding, a burden, arrogant and I became much happier without it. I really don’t need to see religion on sleeves to see attitude & character. Consider there are 50 regulars and maybe 50 part timers who pop in. Most people do not want to hear about religion and rarely bring it up. They get about as fed up or angry with politics. If it were possible to get a poll of the other 5000 who meddled and never/rarely show their faces again, I would gamble their experience to be less than average or similar to what you speak. At least you are honest.
I have known you a long time. We kind of started doing these religious babblings about the same time and together. Religion isn’t all it is cracked up to be and you do not need it to belong and to be happy.

The only place we differ is with death. I have no problem accepting things that I have no choice over such as the day my body dies. I am glad that you and I met over yonder. Maybe the answer is in accepting that we have no choice in some things? We have had some awesome one on one discussions. You can't say that about everyone you meet.

I grew apart from my dad for many years. As I watch my boy grow apart from me, I speak with my dad about 3 times a week now. I am sorry that your dad is gone. I still don’t know how we find strength in the things that remain behind, but we do.
How fascinating to go from at par with faithful Servant, Dor, and Basstian, to this.

You were so powerful in your presentation about Christ...and I admired you and was a bit envious of what you had...and you gave it up.

How fascinating to go from at par with faithful Servant, Dor, and Basstian, to this.

You were so powerful in your presentation about Christ...and I admired you and was a bit envious of what you had...and you gave it up.

Thank You for being honest, now allow me to be honest as well.

I wanted to say something kind and understanding to Alex because I know what he is going through as it takes a long time to get over the loss of loved ones & you bring all this other stupid negative crap up. These religious boards do indeed pump out massive amounts of negativity and that is one valid reason few people ever join or stick around very long.

I never gave up Christ, So please spare me the typical christian guilt trip that you are so custom with.

What I gave up was a bag full of crappy institutionalized religion & religious backbiting. Christ himself rejected the religions of his day and so do I, maybe that is really what you liked about me is I have the balls to set myself free from religious bondage and still have Christ. When Christ made it known he rejected their religions & hierarchy they were threatened & they hated him for it. Fascinating.

I have no issues with faithful Servant, Dor, and Basstian, & the last time I checked none of them claim an institution of religion. There is nothing about your presentation that I found envious. I never admired what you had nor did I find anything about your religion fascinating.

the thread is not even about me, rather about where is Alex and you turn it into some stupid accusations about me because I comment on his feelings of grief over religion & death because I can relate. I wont give you the satisfaction for anything farther while you have my blessings to engage in such petty with yourself.

Thank You for being honest, now allow me to be honest as well.

I wanted to say something kind and understanding to Alex because I know what he is going through as it takes a long time to get over the loss of loved ones & you bring all this other stupid negative crap up. These religious boards do indeed pump out massive amounts of negativity and that is one valid reason few people ever join or stick around very long.

I never gave up Christ, So please spare me the typical christian guilt trip that you are so custom with.

What I gave up was a bag full of crappy institutionalized religion & religious backbiting. Christ himself rejected the religions of his day and so do I, maybe that is really what you liked about me is I have the balls to set myself free from religious bondage and still have Christ. When Christ made it known he rejected their religions & hierarchy they were threatened & they hated him for it. Fascinating.

I have no issues with faithful Servant, Dor, and Basstian, & the last time I checked none of them claim an institution of religion. There is nothing about your presentation that I found envious. I never admired what you had nor did I find anything about your religion fascinating.

the thread is not even about me, rather about where is Alex and you turn it into some stupid accusations about me because I comment on his feelings of grief over religion & death because I can relate. I wont give you the satisfaction for anything farther while you have my blessings to engage in such petty with yourself.
Ya know what? Your call.

Good to hear from you brother. :) Toss a few more logs on the fire, its coming in cold ;)

Ah the old crossmap... That was a good place, not because of it's content but because of the gems I found within it. (such as you.) I totally get what your saying too, I feel good right now there is some space... and less of a load. :) lol we did have some pretty good talks huh :D

I still wish we had been closer but what you gonna do.. Don't let your boy grow too far away ;) How old is he now anyways?

Back