Age of Aquarius

Metaphor or prophecy?

or neither?

Yes, the sun rising fronm the west could imply enlightenment or it could be the "actual" sun rising from the west, the poles flipping being the only foreseeable way this could happen. ( Or maybe its a really good trick using mirrors?)

Metaphor, prophecy or neither?

Now for some beautiful poetry from The War Scroll

.."For the Instructor, the Rule of the War. The first attack of the Sons of Light shall be undertaken against the forces of the Sons of Darkness, the army of Belial: the troops of Edom, Moab, the sons of Ammon, the Amalekites, Philistia, and the troops of the Kittim of Asshur. Supporting them are those who have violated the covenant. The sons of Levi, the sons of Judah, and the sons of Benjamin, those exiled to the wilderness, shall fight against them with . . . against all their troops, when the exiles of the Sons of Light return from the Wilderness of the Peoples to camp in the Wilderness of Jerusalem. Then after the battle they shall go up from that place and the king of the Kittim shall enter into Egypt. In his time he shall go forth with great wrath to do battle against the kings of the north, and in his anger he shall set out to destroy and eliminate the strength of Israel. Then there shall be a time of salvation for the People of God, and a time of dominion for all the men of His forces, and eternal annihilation for all the forces of Belial. There shall be great panic among the sons of Japheth, Assyria shall fall with no one to come to his aid, and the supremacy of the Kittim shall cease that wickedness be overcome without a remnant. There shall be no survivors of all the Sons of Darkness.
Then the Sons of Righteousness shall shine to all ends of the world continuing to shine forth until end of the appointed seasons of darkness. Then at the time appointed by God, His great excellence shall shine for all the times of eternity; for peace and blessing, glory and joy, and long life for all Sons of Light. On the day when the Kittim fall there shall be a battle and horrible carnage before the God of Israel, for it is a day appointed by Him from ancient times as a battle of annihilation for the Sons of Darkness. On that day the congregation of the gods and the congregation of men shall engage one another, resulting in great carnage. The Sons of Light and the forces of Darkness shall fight together to show the strength of God with the roar of a great multitude and the shout of gods and men; a day of disaster. It is a time of distress for all the people who are redeemed by God. In all their afflictions none exists that is like it, hastening to its completion as an eternal redemption. On the day of their battle against the Kittim, they shall go forth for carnage in battle. In three lots the Sons of Light shall stand firm so as to strike a blow at wickedness, and in three the army of Belial shall strengthen themselves so as to force the retreat of the forces of Light. And when the banners of the infantry cause their hearts to melt, then the strength of God will strengthen the hearts of the Sons of Light. In the seventh lot: the great hand of God shall overcome Belial and all the angels of his dominion, and all the men of his forces shall be destroyed forever"...

Yes, its interesting to note that only on the ( seventh) lot, Does light overcome the dark.Though I have my own beliefs, this number could mean anything , and has many meanings in various cultures and religions.

pohaikawahine said:
what if the sun rising in the west and setting in the east has nothing to do with the physical sun, but is a metaphor for enlightnment of some sort .... internally the back of the head is north, the face is south, the left hemisphere of the brain is east, the right hemisphere is west .... so the rising of the sun in the west (the right hemisphere) would result as a process of enlightnment .... at least another perspective to think about .... pohaikawahine

As usual a well questioned point, so many things we tend to take as literalism is really just symbolic of something with greater meaning and this is another fine example.

All these 12's 13's 7's and 144's could really be factors happening within our own heads to bring us this enlightenment (shouldn't really be using this word but I can't think of another right now) pohaikawahine has shown us many numeric corelations within the brain but remember the craziest thing about all this jive is that, As above , so is below, pohaikawahine has raised some excelent points about actual things happening inside our heads but these things also happen in reality and in the stars too.

The west side of the brain is the creative more feminine aspect of ourselves but this certainly doesn't exclude the sun also rising in the west either, the ancients that state such things do so in no uncertain terms.

I believe in the return of the feminine aspects, not some misguided feminist aspect but a truely intuitive state, but I also feel that when our forebears say the sun will rise on the other side, I think we should probably take notice of that, as its not as if it hasn't happen before, its not a huge leap of faith.

P72

Time traveler 3168 said:
Metaphor or prophecy?

or neither?

Now for some beautiful poetry from The War Scroll

.... In the seventh lot: the great hand of God shall overcome Belial and all the angels of his dominion, and all the men of his forces shall be destroyed forever"...

Yes, its interesting to note that only on the ( seventh) lot, Does light overcome the dark.Though I have my own beliefs, this number could mean anything , and has many meanings in various cultures and religions.

Great poetry and I could write a book on the symbols but won't go there now, only to the "seventh lot" which I'm glad you pointed out so graciously .... I've just finished reading a "lot" of things about Chanukah, the Jewish Festival of Lights, and there is a story of Chana and her seven sons (who are tortured and die without giving up their faith) .... they are the sons of lightness .... I believe that the number seven in its essence means the same thing in most cultures and religions (it is my favorite of all numbers by the way and I have studied it in its many forms for over 40 years) (is that 40 years and 40 nights?) .... in the Hawaiian Chant of Creation (the Kumulipo) there are over 2000 lines and it is first divided into major periods (the time of Po, darkness, and the time of Ao, light) .... then it is divided into smaller sections, each is called a "wa" (which means a period in which something happens) (also means a canoe because there is a transition of time between two points when you travel).... in the transition between the time of "po" (darkness) and the time of "ao" (light) there are "seven wa" .... when you reach "ka wa ehiku" (chant seven) you will hear these words "O kau ke anoano ia'u kualono" which translated means "fear falls upon me on the mountaintop" or "the solemn stillness on my hills" or "over the mountain silence reigns" or "awe comes over me on the mountaintop" (lots of ways to translate this) but in essence when you reach the seventh "wa" you have reached the mountaintop or the place of knowledge and wisdom .... then you enter the period of "ao" light ....

"there are many paths to the mountaintop, but we all see the same moon when we get there" .... perhaps this will change one day and we will say "there are many paths to the mountaintop, but we all see the same sun when we get there" ....

some claim that the above chant is actually a genealogy chant for the ali'i (kings and queens), and it is that but much more .... its inner knowledge belongs to all and is not the sole property of the ali'i .... its inner knowledge or its sacred level of meaning is universal and like many others we hold the keys to the covenant and they are found in the sounds of the ancient chant .... chanting, deep prayer, deep meditation, spinning, rocking .... many ways to enter the inner world and to walk the path to the mountaintop .... this is part of the process that will take us to the Age of Aquarius .... the stories, the legends, the prophecies, the bibles, the Torah, the Koran, the ancient texts all tell us the same thing when we read the symbols (at least that is my view on all this) .... and "seven" is the number of the human cross, the merging of the four lower energy centers with the three upper energy centers creates the meeting of heaven and earth .... it is the reattachment of the severed head (also a symbol) .... it is the seven sacred cities of Lemuria, the seven steps on Jacob's Ladder, the seven pre-christian sites that form the route of the pilgrimage of initiation which ends at Rosslyn Chapel, the seven holy feasts of the Lord (Book of Leiticus of the Old Testament), and in the South Pacific any good navigator or fisherman knows that one always rides in and out on the seventh wave (it is the completion of a cycle of wave patterns that makes the entrance to a habor safe) .... sorry, I get really carried away and start to weave an ancient tapestry that can sometimes be overwhelming in its size and weight .... in the Age of Aquarius we will only enter the fifth level, but it is the first of the upper three as we leave the underworld and begin our journey in the upperworld (we transition between darkness and lightness as in the War Scrolls) .... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

pohaikawahine said:
in the Age of Aquarius we will only enter the fifth level, but it is the first of the upper three as we leave the underworld and begin our journey in the upperworld (we transition between darkness and lightness as in the War Scrolls) .... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

Namaste all,

Poh, you mention the fifth level, which is strikingly familiar to the "fifth world" that the Hopi "prophecies" speak of. Interested parties might look into this, although I personally think the interpretation of the prophecy given here is too much on the cataclysmic side.

Fifth is one of those reoccurring things, alot of cultures put us at the fifth whatever, and that cataclysmic thing happens too...

P72:p

quote: pohaikawahine

"there are many paths to the mountaintop, but we all see the same moon when we get there" .... perhaps this will change one day and we will say "there are many paths to the mountaintop, but we all see the same sun when we get there" ....

Ah yes, the mountain top... Imagine....

Imagine one day we all, following many different paths, get to the mountaintop and up there is the sun, moon and God not to mention maybe even the mc ribb. Great, i am now enlightened, woo-hoo! I see things for what they really are infact, we all see the "truth" being upon the mountain and seeing things as they really are. Then we all leave the mountain and go our own ways. While apon the mountain God tells us before we leave that she would like us to draw a picture , and take some notes on what we have seen; that way we wouldnt forget. So we pull out our notepads and pencils, draw a picture, scribble some notes and leave the mountaintop. Everyone goes there own way as we are all happy to have seen what we have...

2000 or so yrs later....

Your ancestors have long passed away but the picture and the notes they took while on the mountaintop have been passed down from generation to generation as they specified they are important and the "truth" lies in the pic and the notes even though they are a little ragged from time and that nasty coffee stain in the corner. One day someone you meet someone , say on the internet , who tells you they have a picture and some notes from the mountaintop, and theirs is much bigger than yours. You tell them that you also have a pic and notes from the same place so you agree to compare pics and notes.

To both our amazements the pics and the notes are totally different and we spend endless hours trying to show that our God is bigger than yours. There are some similarities in our pics/ notes but yours has some my doesnt have and my drawing shows her with long hair and yours with it in bunn.

You see, our ancestors , wether ,black , white, red, european, asian or whatever , seen it all but each of their perceptions are different and time changes things, they grow old and must be renewed.

Yes, we can argue forever how she had her hair, but in the end it must be proven and only by going to the mountaintop like our ancestors will we see "it" the way it is. Or you can stay at the mountain base and wait for someone to come down, then ask them to give you a look at their picture and notes. Ofcourse you can take their word for it and bet your life and soul on it, or get off your behind and climb the mountain yourself.......

Woo-hoo! wanna see a great picture?

Time traveler 3168 said:
Ah yes, the mountain top... Imagine....

Imagine one day we all, following many different paths, get to the mountaintop and up there is the sun, moon and God not to mention maybe even the mc ribb. Great, i am now enlightened, woo-hoo! I see things for what they really are infact, we all see the "truth" being upon the mountain and seeing things as they really are. Then we all leave the mountain and go our own ways. While apon the mountain God tells us before we leave that she would like us to draw a picture , and take some notes on what we have seen; that way we wouldnt forget. So we pull out our notepads and pencils, draw a picture, scribble some notes and leave the mountaintop. Everyone goes there own way as we are all happy to have seen what we have...

2000 or so yrs later....

Great points, time traveler. I would also venture to say that we all need to reach the mountaintop for ourselves and experience it; ideally, from all possible perspectives and angles, all of us, so there is no confusion. Tough to do; is it even possible? It's a good goal to have, if nothing else.

Personally, I want to get to the mountaintop so I can get that McRib. :D

Yes, its much easier to walk down the mountain than up it..

I personally believe it is possible and we see the mountaintop, if we get there, in a way it wishes too reveal itself to us, for whatever purpose it has in mind for us....
Why do somepeople have a burning desire to get to the mountaintop while so few get there as it becomes to hard for one reason or another?

Mathew 22:14 For many are called but few are chosen

It takes some people whole lives to get to the mountain, while others get there very fast depending on the "will" of the recipient and the will behind the will.

Purpose is the main reason one should ask for when involving any knowlege or path. Why am I doing this? or maybe you should ask" why has it chosen me to do or know this" Everything has a purpose, for good or bad. Destiny chooses us. luck, co-incedence and fate have nothing to do with it. And even if you dont wish to see whats on the mountaintop, you still might see it...

"If the mountain wont come to mohammed, then mohammed must go to the mountain"

the other day.... BBC reported " the Birth of an Ocean "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4512244.stm

If we see..... since 2004 there are some very positive pointers ...indicating a very massive phyical Change in the Earth's geography...

like tsunami... which resulted because of the shift in tetonic place beneath the Indian ocean.... the Earth Quakes.... in the Kashmirs.... again because of shift in the Earths plate... then these earth Quakes or after shocks travell south West..
First ot Iran... then the Arabina penunsula...and now this report........of a possible birth of an ocean ....
All this happening within one-two years.....
.... so ARE we going to witness a REAL Massive Phyical change in the Geography of the World.....??

I suspect we probably might at the very least, all proof and explaination aside I'm fairly certain we're going to see some crazy stuff in the next few years.

P72

Hi there,

aquaris said:
the other day.... BBC reported " the Birth of an Ocean "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4512244.stm

If we see..... since 2004 there are some very positive pointers ...indicating a very massive phyical Change in the Earth's geography...

like tsunami... which resulted because of the shift in tetonic place beneath the Indian ocean.... the Earth Quakes.... in the Kashmirs.... again because of shift in the Earths plate... then these earth Quakes or after shocks travell south West..
First ot Iran... then the Arabina penunsula...and now this report........of a possible birth of an ocean ....
All this happening within one-two years.....
.... so ARE we going to witness a REAL Massive Phyical change in the Geography of the World.....??

In short no. These are all pretty average geological activity. There is no evidence what so ever of any increase in frequency of such events. While, for example, the quake that caused the boxing day tsunami and the Kashmir earthquake were devastating localy, in geological terms they were both normal plate movements.

As for the story on the 'embryonic ocean', science has long known that the tectonics of the rift valley are moving the land east of it away from Africa. If you read the article carefully you can see that 1: modern scientific techniques allows us to make ever more accurate measurements, and 2: there are several if's and but's. Concluding, it a nice creatively written piece describing normal geologic proccesses in that area.

We dont have a personal recollection of the many 'genuine' superquakes or super-eruptions that have happened in the geological past. Its very human but a bit of a flight of fancy to read anything into whats happening in this age as anything other than normal. At least in geological terms.

Regards

TE

It seems that people aren't reading the whole news story. The "embryonic ocean" that scientists are talking about will take MILLIONS of years to get to the point where it's actually an ocean.

The only thing that is really new is that the scientists are seeing what they believe is the start of the formation of a sea bed.

This is hardly evidence for anything like a cataclysm or apocalypse, least of all one within the next few decades.

Pathless said:
Namaste all,

Poh, you mention the fifth level, which is strikingly familiar to the "fifth world" that the Hopi "prophecies" speak of. Interested parties might look into this, although I personally think the interpretation of the prophecy given here is too much on the cataclysmic side.

aloha e pathless .... I believe that the fifth world and the fifth level are the same .... and I also believe it relates to an internal process .... the Hopi prophecy is one of my favorites because they also say that "this is the time in which we will meet ourselves" .... can't remember exactly where I read it, but it has always stuck in my mind .... aloha nui, poh

bgruagach said:
It seems that people aren't reading the whole news story. The "embryonic ocean" that scientists are talking about will take MILLIONS of years to get to the point where it's actually an ocean.

The only thing that is really new is that the scientists are seeing what they believe is the start of the formation of a sea bed.

This is hardly evidence for anything like a cataclysm or apocalypse, least of all one within the next few decades.

An embryonic ocean is just one of the many global changes that happen all of the time, whether its the turn of an age or not, but in the same vein it could actually be one of the precursors of a change that Im sure most of us think is immenent (sp?).

Any great geological change will more than likely not be so gradual, crustal displacement theory was formed because huge tracts of land moving is the only way to explain some things, maps of land under the ice, rainforrests in places they couldn't grow....lands sinking below the sea....oops that one was myth, it can't be true.

How does the age of Aquarius relate? Change of some description follows every transition, the last one was a change in attitude and the beginning of the picean materialism, Sofia is still there she just wears the guise of a man or plays second fiddle to a patriarchal God, this age promises some growth inside people, a realisation. Many here advocate the internal change many the physical, physical destruction abounds now and in the past, Internal and social change has happened on the turn of ages, well at least once anyway.

If your willing to believe that internal change comes, then its hard to come down on somebody watching what they perceive to be the birth of an ocean. The only thing that is actually certain is that the stars turn and that concept was invented by people who say both, so who's right?

P72

Apologies if I'm already covering something that someone else has mentioned, I began to read the thread, got half way through and noticed the time

End of the world prophecies?
End of the world as we know it is a more likely scenario. A major shift that will end the way of the world as is, no explosion of the earth. The first person who hits the button for nuclear warfare will be the dumbest man alive.
Why should it be something traumatic....heck man will fight man as long as man is on the earth. It's man's way. He will always war with his neighbour.
Could be that some major natural event will shake the world to its roots. Could be some massive volcanic explosion that would trigger a volcanic winter and would have major repercussions elsewhere.
A comet strike? Possibly. Who can truly predict the future?
Most likely scenarios would be the effects of global warming...and that would give the water effect of ocean's rising but it would be gradual
Or...oil running out. Imagine the world without oil. That would be the end of the world as we know it.
I believe, and its is just my belief that many of the 'doomsday' scenarios as depicted in mythology are based upon natural history of those who wrote the mythologies. Kinda it happened once it will probably happen again but let's really lay it on thick to scare those in the future.

As for the age of Aquarius....it would be nice to see a time of peace and understanding. Why would we need to see cataclysmic events in order to achieve this? Could the world not slowly move towards it? Why would it take a major shift soon? From my understanding these ages last around 2000 years, should this enlightenment happen at the very beginning? Changes are already taking place. We're already realising that the provider of all our needs is under threat from our ways, the earth. The thread of change is there.

Right, I will read the rest of this long thread tomorrow and maybe return with a post. There are some very interesting posts here.

quote:suanni

End of the world prophecies?
End of the world as we know it is a more likely scenario. A major shift that will end the way of the world as is, no explosion of the earth. The first person who hits the button for nuclear warfare will be the dumbest man alive.
Why should it be something traumatic....heck man will fight man as long as man is on the earth. It's man's way. He will always war with his neighbour.
Could be that some major natural event will shake the world to its roots. Could be some massive volcanic explosion that would trigger a volcanic winter and would have major repercussions elsewhere.
A comet strike? Possibly. Who can truly predict the future?

Greetings Suanni

The human psyche generally doesnt like pain. When it is confronted by the issue it will do anything to get rid of it including forgeting the event totally that brought the pain as it may be or have been too traumatic. This is experienced by most people who are in bad accidents who dont remember past a particular point as the mind has chosen to forget that experience after a certain point.

In respect to the age of aquarius and the possible scenarios to getting there, I choose to be a realist and deal with the facts at hand. I think the first person who hits the button isnt the dumbest man alive as idiocy is contageous. You cant forget all those "dummys" who had part in its construction, the monster who invented it ( what on earth were they thinking?????) and the vileness of those who deal with them in anyway shape or form. Sorry, but I consider the nuke something of absolute evil intent with only one purpose. Ofcourse it is only an inanimate object and I know by now that the true evil is the mind behind it. With 30,000 or so nukes around, we still have a , um, yeah.. problem.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/nuclear/wrjp205b.html

I doubt that man will always fight with his neighbour. Yes today we might be bitter foes, tomorrow we are friends and next year we are... This is the basis for the cycles in nature that also manifest in mankind. Day turns to night, life to death. War and peace. History will show that this "next " war changed mankinds perspective, otherwise when will it end? Weapons and there capacity to destroy cannot get any worse in relevance to humanity and they seem to me to be at the top of the scale.

Nothing lasts forever.

If "I" look at the world today then transport myself to the so called "age of aquarius" with its Elysium fields covered in tofu and lentils, theres quite a space to cover in what seems to be a very short space of time from here to there, so something sudden will "have" to change us and will as it has to, one way or the other. We stop the machine or it will stop us. It has to happen...

As for the age of Aquarius....it would be nice to see a time of peace and understanding. Why would we need to see cataclysmic events in order to achieve this? Could the world not slowly move towards it? Why would it take a major shift soon? From my understanding these ages last around 2000 years, should this enlightenment happen at the very beginning? Changes are already taking place. We're already realising that the provider of all our needs is under threat from our ways, the earth. The thread of change is there.

Antarctica, March 200 : The larsen-b iceshelf completely collapsed in 30 days sending 500 million billion tons of ice into the Weddell sea. Prior to this iceburg b22, more than 40 miles wide and 50 miles long with an area of about 2125 sq miles broke of the thwaites ice tongue and sailed into the sunset.

Global warming, weapons of mass insanity, meteors , wars, more wars. famine, disease-eg; birdflu,( what will be next?) poles flipping, people flipping, earthquakes, tsunamis, yarda,yarda,yarda (as seen on recent pages); all the good stuff and it seems to be coming to a place near us all .

What changes are taking place?
The people, leaders and goverments have other ideas and "generally" dont have a "lets take care of mother earth " attitude as capitalism has nothing to do with saving the dolphins or hugging a tree.
A fundimental point for me is that all systems are held together by there parts and if one or two fail then the whole thing can collapse and stop functioning and I believe I am seeing this happening today. The "thread" of change has only been due to the damage already being done, a kind of" buy now and pay later" attitude which we are all having to pay for today, bigtime...
What ever happen to prevention, as an alternative to the cure?

Yes there is hope, but only for some as far as im concerned while the world continues its speeding path toward obliteration. If somebody can see a clear and "human"way from here to aquarius, please show me how, as the world seems to me to be heading down the long dark road...
Destruction,seems inevidable and though I know its just "change" and part of a cycle, I believe it aint going to be pretty till we get there....

That which is not dead which can eternal lie
and with strange aeons even death may die.
Necronomicon

I've finally read through this thread.
Time traveler 3168 said:
I
doubt that man will always fight with his neighbour. Yes today we might be bitter foes, tomorrow we are friends and next year we are... This is the basis for the cycles in nature that also manifest in mankind. Day turns to night, life to death. War and peace. History will show that this "next " war changed mankinds perspective, otherwise when will it end? Weapons and there capacity to destroy cannot get any worse in relevance to humanity and they seem to me to be at the top of the scale.
Man will always fight each other for the simple reason mankind always wants what his neighbour has. Greed. Simple as that. Greed ain't always bad but for the most part it is responsible for the worst atrocities that mankind can inflict upon another living being.

Nothing lasts forever.
True
If "I" look at the world today then transport myself to the so called "age of aquarius" with its Elysium fields covered in tofu and lentils, theres quite a space to cover in what seems to be a very short space of time from here to there, so something sudden will "have" to change us and will as it has to, one way or the other. We stop the machine or it will stop us. It has to happen...
The age will last over 2000 years. Yes something will have to take place but only if the ancients got it spot on with the dates. The poles flipping (if this is fact and not simply theory awaiting to be proved fact) I guess will have an enormous impact upon the earth

Antarctica, March 200 : The larsen-b iceshelf completely collapsed in 30 days sending 500 million billion tons of ice into the Weddell sea. Prior to this iceburg b22, more than 40 miles wide and 50 miles long with an area of about 2125 sq miles broke of the thwaites ice tongue and sailed into the sunset.
Global warming, weapons of mass insanity, meteors , wars, more wars. famine, disease-eg; birdflu,( what will be next?) poles flipping, people flipping, earthquakes, tsunamis, yarda,yarda,yarda (as seen on recent pages); all the good stuff and it seems to be coming to a place near us all .

What changes are taking place?

Apart from global warming the rest are nothing unusual in the history of the earth. Its not like we have suddenly got to the 21st Century and suddenly experienced tsunamis, earthquakes, floods, famines etc and war has always been with us. Try looking in the history books for a century where there hasn't been war or persecution. I can't recollect ever looking at/reading the news without mention of at least one of that list and that has been in my lifetime so far.
Global warming is going to make a massive impact and I doubt global warming is just man's destructive influence upon the earth. Man has got a lot to answer for with regard to global warming though.
Once upon a time the poles weren't covered in ice. Precession will also have a great effect upon the climate of the earth. Nothing is static.

The people, leaders and goverments have other ideas and "generally" dont have a "lets take care of mother earth " attitude as capitalism has nothing to do with saving the dolphins or hugging a tree.
A fundimental point for me is that all systems are held together by there parts and if one or two fail then the whole thing can collapse and stop functioning and I believe I am seeing this happening today. The "thread" of change has only been due to the damage already being done, a kind of" buy now and pay later" attitude which we are all having to pay for today, bigtime...
What ever happen to prevention, as an alternative to the cure?

Leaders ultimately have to listen to the general public for it is the general public that vote them into office. But concern for the earth we live upon and her crying needs is much too slow and action even slower.

The reason I said imagine the world without oil...maybe I should have said fossil fuels...
The world is dependent upon fossil fuels for transport, heating, manufacturing....most processes upon earth, even medications and preservatives for many things. As the world's reserves diminish (and do you really think the govts of the world are going to admit that they are running out? Okay, the UK is admitting it...but the rest of the world?) the fight for the remaining fuels will begin. Prices will rocket, what used to be an essential everyday item will become priceless.....cos as far as I'm aware there is no realistic alternative as yet. Whoever is in possession of the last remaining reserves will have to fight bitterly to retain it.... need I go on drawing the picture?
There is your world war. There is the world changed as we know it.

I think we will be debating these effects well up to the dates concerned.

Hi suanni

hmm..?

quote:

Man will always fight each other for the simple reason mankind always wants what his neighbour has. Greed. Simple as that. Greed ain't always bad but for the most part it is responsible for the worst atrocities that mankind can inflict upon another living being.

God forbidd that "man will always fight each other". Everything passes hopefully including the tendancy to blow up thy neighbour , pillage his land then justify it by some bizzare reason. Lets hope "greed" ends as it i always bad and a little greed has the capacity to turn into a lot of greed ,overnight.

quote:

The age will last over 2000 years. Yes something will have to take place but only if the ancients got it spot on with the dates. The poles flipping (if this is fact and not simply theory awaiting to be proved fact) I guess will have an enormous impact upon the earth

Your armeggedon/ apocalpse/ end world theory is as good as mine and that guys' ,who is waiting for the clouds to part. Pick a religion or following, then look at its endtime scenario. You read the recent pages to this thread and saw the diversity of answers. Yes , no, maybe,?
The ancients to my knowledge werent wrong with calculations the error being on the part of the viewer. Pole flipping? sounds very dramatic and conjures scenes of people and building been thrown across a dante'esque landscape or miles into the sky... I think there is enought evidence to show something of "that" nature is going to happen.
When? Is it the ever popular 2012; shall I get front row seats? will I be able to watch the end on tv eating a mc rib cos its always going to happen " overthere" thats if it happens at all?. Is it that comet that does it? um?

http://www.download-free-games.com/online_games/asteroids.htm

http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/venus/RevScience.html

quote:

Apart from global warming.......

Need we say more as there are so many factors effected by this occuring event that it changes most things. Once again, there is a rule in nature that says all things are held in check by everything else and once boundaries collapse so does the system.

quote:

Leaders ultimately have to listen to the general public for it is the general public that vote them into office.

Im going to put that belief in the realm of the posibly reptile people returning with the mothership or world peace via a lay down or arms. Voting? what does that have to do with whom becomes our leaders?

quote:

Try looking in the history books for a century where there hasn't been war or persecution. I can't recollect ever looking at/reading the news without mention of at least one of that list and that has been in my lifetime so far.

Hmm?, ok.. Im looking down at a desk full of open books on historys of wars and you know your right.
Wow, they created the crossbow and used it imediantly just like all the weopons before it. Look at the blood. Anyway, your continuing to be right. Every century, no every 50 yrs, less, it all breaks loose. excellent. Oh look, we now have napalm, lets use it, with the m-60 and the BOMB. yeah, we just have to use that. "wooosh!" Well thats one way to end a war, they work really well lets make thousands of them and threaten our neighbours with them. What else can we use them for but that.

This silly game will have to turn around soon one way or another. Disarm or destroy? Does the pattern of the world at this very moment look like we are heading down a path of understanding or ignorance?
If ignorance is bliss, then what is understanding?

Nobody likes pain of any calibre and we all wish to be happy.... It is possible

http://www.bitstorm.org/happyjoy/

quote:

The reason I said imagine the world without oil...maybe I should have said fossil fuels...
The world is dependent upon fossil fuels for transport, heating, manufacturing....most processes upon earth, even medications and preservatives for many things. As the world's reserves diminish (and do you really think the govts of the world are going to admit that they are running out? Okay, the UK is admitting it...but the rest of the world?) the fight for the remaining fuels will begin. Prices will rocket, what used to be an essential everyday item will become priceless.....cos as far as I'm aware there is no realistic alternative as yet. Whoever is in possession of the last remaining reserves will have to fight bitterly to retain it.... need I go on drawing the picture?
There is your world war. There is the world changed as we know it.

I think we will be debating these effects well up to the dates concerned.

I dont think I could have put it better myself. "Fighting bitterly". Yep, I say. The quicker we end this game of soldiers before more people get hurt, the better. People should be able to live in a world without threat from greedy neighbours....

Its a great dream.... peace.

As probably noticed, I tend to be suspicious towards applying any specific interpretation of religious literature as prophesising a coming Apocalypse.

However, a point perhaps worth underlining is that the increasingly technical nature of society makes it increasingly vulnerable to events that would not otherwise threaten.

For example, the issue of the poles flipping - I don't believe there are any significant extinction events associated with this in the geological record, so no immediate environmental effect - but it could have a dramatic impact on the global communications network, and the variety of satellites already in orbit above the planet.

Another point to follow, is that if earth were to face any catastrophic event, we've already mined and processed the most accessible raw materials for industrial production - therefore any regression in technological use would mean that humanity would likely have far more difficulty in returning up the same technological steps.

Pick a religion or following, then look at its endtime scenario. You read the recent pages to this thread and saw the diversity of answers. Yes , no, maybe,?

I read the whole thread... it took some time!
I am aware of the many tales of doom and gloom that the varying religions/myths portray and that they invariably wind up, in basic terms to the same thing. However, in my thinking, the authors of the doomsday scenarios will have had the tales from their ancestors (I'm talking the first doomsday scenario, which many will have borrowed off). No doubt the earth will have rebirthed itself at some point previously and our ancestors will have been aware that history does repeat itself, that the world is not static. Birth is painful, there has to be a death in order for a birth to occur and a dark period in-between. In consideration of the fact that the worlds volcanos and fault lines were much more active in centuries gone by, end of world would have been a major catastrophe like the tsunami in S. East Asia. One major natural event has repercussions with the rest of the world. A major volcanic eruption has repercussions upon the weather for the rest of the world due to dust in the atmosphere.
One thing I am not going to make comment on is the astronomy. Its one area where my knowledge is deficient. someone :eek: had a very heavy night at the pub the previous evening when my physics class covered the basics of astronomy. I have yet to redress that! I do have an understanding of precession
The ancients to my knowledge werent wrong with calculations the error being on the part of the viewer.

We are not going to know if the ancients are going to be 100% accurate in their predictions until the events pass. Until then its ifs and buts, and if and but in the English language are the biggest words! I mean if they are correct what are we supposed to do to prepare for the event? According to some of the scenarios we ain't going to be around afterwards!

Pole flipping? sounds very dramatic and conjures scenes of people and building been thrown across a dante'esque landscape or miles into the sky... I think there is enought evidence to show something of "that" nature is going to happen. When? Is it the ever popular 2012; shall I get front row seats? will I be able to watch the end on tv eating a mc rib cos its always going to happen " overthere" thats if it happens at all?. Is it that comet that does it? um?

What is estimated for 2012 is that the sun's poles will flip. But this is unlikely to affect the earth as it happens on a regular basis and doesn't seem to make an impact on the earth. However, from what I've been reading the earth's poles flipping will have an impact. Animals rely upon the earth's magnetic field for navigation. There is also a possibility that the earth will be hit with radiation from space that will have major impact. But again all this is theory and unti the event happens theory is theory.
2012 could see yellowstone blow big time and if that blows big time that will have a major impact and it will be an end of world scenario....end of world as we know it. Again though its an if
Oh, yeah, meant to add this. Bird flu has happened before. Just after the first world war and it took more lives than the war took. That is why scientists are terrified of it crossing the species gap.
World unity? World peace? If a truly major catastrophe hits the earth, if the world reaction to the tsunami is anything to go by there will be world unity.
But again its an if

Its a great dream.... peace.
Nicely put....dream of peace. We've dreamed of that for a long time. It is a great dream. It would be nice to see it happen but I ain't holding my breath.

A bit of a smile....if all the predictions are true (going by the mayan predictions, which do sound accurate) and man will communicate by telepathy, how many are going to be brought up for murderous thoughts by the courts? ;)

Back