Face of god...

And I am simply reminding you as I have mee, that cutting and pasting without references is not legal, not condoned and does indicate something about you personally. But that is not reflective of what I say, but of what you say and do.

Or...it could mean that I just accidentally forgot to add the link?

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

Have I redeemed myself now?

Enlightenment, try to imagine that not everyone is against you for a second. I am not opposed to your freedom of thought or your atheism. If you cannot take my word for it, then consult some Pychologists and Historians.

Why would I want to squelch your movement? I have made over 1000 posts here, and you can look through them. I want you to be happy, but you are part of a movement that is about to doom itself to failure. Mainly that is because it is proving intolerant of other points of view. You in particular make it painful to explain anything to you. You think your evangelistic movement is up and running, and I'm trying to tell you it lopes like a lemming. Find balance or it will die.

I guess the rest of us are all demon possessed to you. I tried to tell you that you are a religious zealot, but you could not imagine it. I tried to tell you your scriptural arguments are fallacious, and that they come across as ignorant pieces of steaming crap. You took it as an attack. Right or wrong, in the long run you are set up to have the social impact of a tomato on a wall. You are like Richard Dawkins who though he has written some influential works has dealt a serious blow to your movement. The last thing any religious person remembers him saying is "Maybe its time we stopped being so damned respectful!" Perhaps you should consider his discussion of memes again. Right now you only consider people who agree with you to be rational. Doesn't that remind you of a religion at all?

What movement am I a part of?

Funny you should mention Dawkins though.

Great writer.

V intelligent.

Pity his forum admin did not permit me to stick up for theists.

Yup, that will maybe surprise you..?

mind if i jump in on this one :)

Why doesn’t your creator show himself more? I think that is a fair question.

how do we know he is a ‘creator’, there is no evidence that anything in existence is created. secondly, we are eternal souls yes, so we also [ergo the spiritual kingdoms] are not created.

how can an infinite being visit us? ‘he’ could be with us perpetually, that is he cannot ~ not be with us!

free will; if god spoke once now it would change everything, even if he just said hi! this would make us believe in him hence no free choice. perhaps he speaks to us all the time, given that he has no mouth to speak from we have to presume it is by another means.

Issuing warnings to anyone that looked at his face.

a metaphor misconstructed by men. gods face if seen would be a mask, hence any such face would not be truly him, yet he is all masks and none. even in terms of meaning this is true, words are simply different kinds of masks.

i think of such masks as ‘connectives’, the tarot and astrology would be such masks indeed a communication of any kind would also be. the language of eternity and hence god is either visual or transparent never linguistic.

not so much mind control as finding a proper understanding of ‘god’ ~ if we should even call him that. in my mind he is also the tao and the awen [perhaps they are what lies between us and him in a manner], no religion has the deeds to gods house, all have experienced him in some way, they are all right and wrong. there are no chosen people as there is no such thing as race, there is no definitive book as no words can define the infinite.

well that is my take on it. mainly i think man has misinterpreted what is meant in visions, mainly due to taking it all a bit literally.

Enlightenment said:
What movement am I a part of?
The one you referred to in another thread.

Enlightenment said:
Funny you should mention Dawkins though.

Great writer.

V intelligent.
Yes I read some of his Selfish Gene and posted about it. He speeds up evolution some. Very smart.

Pity his forum admin did not permit me to stick up for theists.

Yup, that will maybe surprise you..?
Totally.

Last edited:
mind if i jump in on this one :)

how do we know he is a ‘creator’, there is no evidence that anything in existence is created. secondly, we are eternal souls yes, so we also [ergo the spiritual kingdoms] are not created.

how can an infinite being visit us? ‘he’ could be with us perpetually, that is he cannot ~ not be with us!

free will; if god spoke once now it would change everything, even if he just said hi! this would make us believe in him hence no free choice. perhaps he speaks to us all the time, given that he has no mouth to speak from we have to presume it is by another means.

a metaphor misconstructed by men. gods face if seen would be a mask, hence any such face would not be truly him, yet he is all masks and none. even in terms of meaning this is true, words are simply different kinds of masks.

i think of such masks as ‘connectives’, the tarot and astrology would be such masks indeed a communication of any kind would also be. the language of eternity and hence god is either visual or transparent never linguistic.

not so much mind control as finding a proper understanding of ‘god’ ~ if we should even call him that. in my mind he is also the tao and the awen [perhaps they are what lies between us and him in a manner], no religion has the deeds to gods house, all have experienced him in some way, they are all right and wrong. there are no chosen people as there is no such thing as race, there is no definitive book as no words can define the infinite.

well that is my take on it. mainly i think man has misinterpreted what is meant in visions, mainly due to taking it all a bit literally.

There's the problem that theists face though.

What to take as literal and what to take as metaphor.

It is not as if the latter are colour coded.

:)

hi enlightenment

if it is not linguistic it cannot be literal. if ‘truth’ be told by another means it will always be from the infinite to the finite. this is of course an impossible feat which will always invoke paradoxes ~ perhaps g?d is a poet!

even if this were not true, i would still think it much wiser to speak in more philosophical and poetic terms. there is after all an ‘empirical bridge’ between one ‘truth’ and another.

It was a question.

To Wil.

WHAT is it I am meant to be understanding?

And, yes, I am curious how so many people can blindly follow the idea of a being you cannot see, and in some cases forbidden to imagine, an entity that shows you no evidence of his/it's existance, etc.

And if anyone says that all I need do is go look at the snowflakes, and that will do as proof, I think I will scream!

:D

I asked you if you NEED to understand and you reply:

WHAT is it I am meant to be understanding?

The quality of an answer can only reflect your need.

Fella, I am not in a 'movement', I am not sure what you mean, unless we are speaking at crossed purposes.:confused:
Sorry misunderstood. Proof that I sometimes skim threads. These two posts are the reason I thought so, that and I have encountered, here and in other places, evangelistic atheist groupies trying to push ideas into people. You really do seem like an atheist evangelist groupie, especially in c0de's proof of God thread. Atheist evangelism seems to be part of a popular organized movement with some unfortunate intolerant trends appearing. So far, the groupies have usually found some way of mentioning Dawkins to me, and I've seen his 'so damned respectful' speech. Intolerance is at cross purposes with me. It also adversely affects movements that embrace it.

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/proof-of-god-9794-9.html#post181773

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/proof-of-god-9794-4.html#post180687

Sorry misunderstood. Proof that I sometimes skim threads. These two posts are the reason I thought so, that and I have encountered, here and in other places, evangelistic atheist groupies trying to push ideas into people. You really do seem like an atheist evangelist groupie, especially in c0de's proof of God thread. Atheist evangelism seems to be part of a popular organized movement with some unfortunate intolerant trends appearing. So far, the groupies have usually found some way of mentioning Dawkins to me, and I've seen his 'so damned respectful' speech. Intolerance is at cross purposes with me. It also adversely affects movements that embrace it.

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/proof-of-god-9794-9.html#post181773

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/proof-of-god-9794-4.html#post180687

That's fine mate, I sometimes skim and make mistakes, as well.

Nah, I respect Dawkins as a scientist and writer, but I don't do the whole groupie thing, that they do on their own forum.

They banned me from there, for asking what else, outwith running with the Darwin theme has he(Dawkins) actually done? Didn't seem to care for that much.:D

Thus, I belong to nothing.

I just don't like anything organised, be that in politics or religion, if that makes sense.

Or admin who think they are something special, just because they moderate a forum.

Fella's on here seem fine, on RDF, the admin are always mocking members, but give them it back, and yer history!

(Bob DiPiero/Rivers Rutherford/Tom Shapiro)

When my little girl gets that sleep in her eyes,
And she settles in with her head on my chest,
Why do I feel like my heart's gonna burst?
That I'm willing to die for this angel at rest?

And why am I filled with unshakeable faith,
When I look at that child so fragile and sweet?
There's something eternal I see in her face,
Something much more than her mother and me.

Maybe I'm looking at the face of God.
Makes me think I may be looking at the face of God,
And He's smiling back at me.

Why do I feel like the smallest of things,
When I try to count all the stars in the sky?
When I see the world that we're in at it's worst,
Why do I feel like it'll all be all right?

I can't see the wind as it moves through the trees.
So how do I know that I know that I know,
That somebody out there is speaking to me?
Saying: "I love you and you're not alone."

Oh, I know that I know that I know that He's out there.
Somebody’s out there.
When I look at the beauty around me,
And the love that surrounds me.

Billy Ray Cyrus....

Why would having a look be so bad... ?

Are they waiting to see if the angels come to them, or thy Lord (Himself),
or that some of the signs of your Lord should come
? On the day when some
of the signs of your Lord shall come, its faith shall not profit a soul which
did not believe before, or earn good through its faith.
Say: Wait; we too are waiting.

Chapter 6: Verse 158 - The Quran

I assume Islamists pray to the same god as the other Abrahamic faiths, yet I am led to believe that it is FORBIDDEN to even imagine what god might look like, in the Koran.
AFAIK that is not true. You can try to imagine whatever you want.
Just don't actually expect to get an accurate picture.

Terrific observations! Clear contradictions that no one has ever seen before! I cannot believe I've been so stupid!!!! I'll bet even those whiny ex-Christian atheism sites couldn't come up with something this conclusive!!!
Why so defensive? There are many contradictions in all of the alleged holy texts. These are contradictions I struggled with when attempting to resolve the “perfect” word of god. Rather than react with whiny apologetics, I try to understand error in the “perfect word”.

I accept that the scribes and translators can make errors, and in fact did. I champion neither the KJV or the NIV nor any translation. I think you are acknowledging that one of many supreme beings allowed his "word" to be corrupted by the fallibility of man, and I know you will not see the fallacy of proffering such an argument.

Remember, I agree with you 100%! The bible, as all the alleged holy texts has been misinterpreted and mistranslated. Now which parts are corrupt and which parts are not is the game of theologians and apologists such as yourself. But since Yahweh doesn't come on down and ref the match, the validity of one verse being questioned questions the validity of all verses.

And that is why I, this "whiny atheist", reject its authority. Oh, by the way, remember that your all-powerful eternally supreme god(s) allowed his immutable and perfect word to be corrupted, whereas that pagan god Amon-Ra figured out-- by having his worshippers chisel into stone his "perfect word" -- how to keep his message pure over thousands and thousands of years. That was some clever pagan god, wasn't it?

Glad we could finally come to a meeting of the minds.

(Bob DiPiero/Rivers Rutherford/Tom Shapiro)

When my little girl gets that sleep in her eyes,
And she settles in with her head on my chest,
Why do I feel like my heart's gonna burst?
That I'm willing to die for this angel at rest?

And why am I filled with unshakeable faith,
When I look at that child so fragile and sweet?
There's something eternal I see in her face,
Something much more than her mother and me.

Why do I feel like the smallest of things,
When I try to count all the stars in the sky?
When I see the world that we're in at it's worst,
Why do I feel like it'll all be all right?

I can't see the wind as it moves through the trees.
So how do I know that I know that I know,
That somebody out there is speaking to me?
Saying: "I love you and you're not alone."

Oh, I know that I know that I know that He's out there.
Somebody’s out there.
When I look at the beauty around me,
And the love that surrounds me.

Billy Ray Cyrus....

thats beautiful.

thats beautiful.

It's just precious!

"When I look at that child so fragile and sweet?" That god - he's such a benevolent soul.

I get goose bumps just thing about it.

So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the absolutely universal law of God is not making it clear how I should proceed. Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46

"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway, right?

Can you enlighten me on how the bible resolves such a conflict?

Thanks.

thats beautiful.
I was actually looking for a sufi song from Dances of Universal Peace. The dancers (anyone participating) form a circle and then turn in pairs facing each other the song goes...

You are the face of G!d.
I can see in your heart.
You are a part of me.
You are the face of G!d.

the pair hug, and then turn into a sufi spin and onto the next dancer, and repeat...the chant and dance goes on as you great everyone in the circle.

So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the absolutely universal law of God is not making it clear how I should proceed. Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway, right?

Can you enlighten me on how the bible resolves such a conflict?

Thanks.
Namaste Resigned.

Apropo question, like the dance above...we are all players in the same dance and we are all part of each other...we are one. One with each other, one with G!d.

The bible is your autobiography, it is all written. You are the bondsmen, you are the children. They represent your negative thoughts, you must not buy into them, but buy them back, realize that the world is your creation and take ownership of the negative thoughts you've sent off into the world. Buy them back, and the offspring of those thoughts...they are your possessions, quit blaming others for what goes on.

rejoice, dance, you are the face of G!d.

Last edited:
Here's an irony.

Most theists that I know, they feel uneasy with the idea that our distant relatives, from whom we evolved from, were the ancestors of the chimps that we see today(despite the mountain of evidence, it makes them uneasy).

And, yet, at the same time, they appear to have no issue in thinking that we were 'made' out of a handful of mud.

Hmm..

:rolleyes:

Back