Your Behaviour: Time to calm it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean he wants to stop people responding to crap by calling it crap? Hmmm... interesting. Now what views have you seen roundly rebutted to warrant that? Ohhhhhhh yeh. Brown nose day!!
Sorry Dream, I had you confused for a moment with someone else. farewell!

This really is it.... thats all folks.

Compulsary religion?

Women will naturally withdraw once a month while they are having PMS, so there is no need to enforce a rule regulating a natural process. :p

Men have learned by experience that PMS inspires the most argument so perhaps the opposite approach is better. Ya can't win. :D

Tao's not here to dispute your outrageous claims, but if he were he'd definitely give you a whipping for being so cheeky. I'll be he is ticked at you even now. After I win the Flow-bell poetry prize I will verify the truth of the conundrum of Tao's identity and put your confusing rumors to rest. Imposter!

In the meantime, be clear - bad behaviour was never welcome here and is no longer tolerated, so decide if you want to fit in to the community or not.
I so disagree!

Part of learning and growth requires occasional forays into badness.

I, Brian might as well be wishing for the streets to be paved in chocolate and the clouds be made of cotton candy.

You'll get no promise of good behavior from me.

Farewell and best wishes to you all.
Please reconsider. I don't even know what it was that caused the explosion, but let it fade with time. I've had both friendly and nonfriendly exchanges with you, but either way you are a part of the community.

I agree that New Dawn ought to stick with it. Its not like they haven't enjoyed it.

So I take this opportunity to thank you for the many hours of reading I enjoyed here over the years. Special mention goes (not in any particular order) to Juantoo, Dauer, Andrew, Greymare, Quaholm, Wil, SG, PoO, Mee, Alex, MW, China, Snoopy, Paladin and many of the longer term members that helped me develop my current worldview.

Farewell and best wishes to you all.

It was indeed nice to know you and read your thoughts and view your works of art, Good knowing you David! May the force be with you!

I must say on another note, is it me or each month do we get a rare visit from brian saying "this will no longer be tolerated" "this shalt not pass" "this aggression will not stand man.." Then it slows, then picks up pace, and then another month passes.... Is it just me?

Well had'nt you all better behave!! Our great and sagacious leader has rumbled down the command from on high!! We must all be honoured to have heard his voice!! His £'s (not dollars), are so generous!! He has several sites and since he started this has cost him only at the very most about $100 but this is offset, (as part of a 'bundle package'), by the business ones where he does charge people for poor advice. But lets not question Master Brian!! As he says, it is his site.... it does not belong to those that fill its pages!! And if you dont behave as commanded you might even have the rules changed without warning just for you!! (Re tao).

PS: Brown noses are as inevitable as they are predictable.

Tao, I really don't get this post.

First, as others have said you are a part of this community and the fact that you've been here so long shows that we all value your input, when it is not outright abusive and flamebait.

Second, yes, the moderation here is sometimes spotty, but I would not put that at the feet of Brian. We have the unusual combination of a close-knit core of long-time members (who sometimes push the rules but we try not to be too hardcore on them) and then we get the drive-bys and trolls who really here just to disrupt and add nothing to the conversation. It is no easy task to allow robust and challenging dialogue, be understanding and lenient when tempers flare among citizens, but then also prevent disruption and abuse when things start to get out of hand.

This is getting to be a long post for me, but I'll go on a bit more.

Brian has asked us to be very tolerant and light-handed in moderating this forum for the last couple of years. Some people like that, and some don't. For some any moderation at all is too much. As mods we respond to reported posts and even then we follow the CoC carefully, trying to moderate abuse of the forum, not the views being expressed.

You can call me a brown-nose if you wish. I like this forum and appreciate that it is here, and the only reason it is here is because Brian continues to support it.

Tao..

I like you. I stopped taking things you said personally and now I just see a colorful individual that this forum is a better place for having.

Let me throw one last thing at you.

Remember.. Jesus loves you :)

Ive been accused of being a brown nose before ... Doesnt bother me.. I can think of worse things to be called.

Jesus is a racist? :eek:

No wonder I don't follow him!

Instead You follow the deity Nostrilitus who judged the truth by the shape and color of the nose. He was outed as a racist and his writings are hidden but available to those like you that have sought them out.

Why not concern yourself with world peace and love and abandon this outdated and racist belief.

Tao, I really don't get this post.

First, as others have said you are a part of this community and the fact that you've been here so long shows that we all value your input, when it is not outright abusive and flamebait.

Second, yes, the moderation here is sometimes spotty, but I would not put that at the feet of Brian. We have the unusual combination of a close-knit core of long-time members (who sometimes push the rules but we try not to be too hardcore on them) and then we get the drive-bys and trolls who really here just to disrupt and add nothing to the conversation. It is no easy task to allow robust and challenging dialogue, be understanding and lenient when tempers flare among citizens, but then also prevent disruption and abuse when things start to get out of hand.

This is getting to be a long post for me, but I'll go on a bit more.

Brian has asked us to be very tolerant and light-handed in moderating this forum for the last couple of years. Some people like that, and some don't. For some any moderation at all is too much. As mods we respond to reported posts and even then we follow the CoC carefully, trying to moderate abuse of the forum, not the views being expressed.

You can call me a brown-nose if you wish. I like this forum and appreciate that it is here, and the only reason it is here is because Brian continues to support it.

I second this.

I'm sorry but folks that badmouth Brian for trying to create the place that he wishes to create with folks he wishes to create it with and attitudes he wishes to engender and those he wishes to squelch crack me up.

"I like your booze brother, but the meat was a too tough, and the veggies overcooked...next time do better, when is the next party?"

Face it, he's the host, he's in charge of supply and cleanup. We've done nothing but come as guests and enjoy his party. I've referred to it as his sandbox, which he has let us come play in, and it has some rules...a basic one, don't kick sand in others eyes.

As a party it has another rule, don't get so drunk on your own ego, you let the euphoria flood your system with righteousness. And don't puke on the carpet.

Call me a brown noser if you wish, but whiners and complainers, folks that think he/we doesn't/don't treat all equally...I'd say it isn't the easiest thing to do, and I'd say this place overall does a darn good job.

And I'll say it again, to all those that think they can do better, get off your duff and build your own sandbox and invite folks to your party...then you'll discover the actual physical, mental, emotional, monetary and time costs this all presents.

Ask not what CR/IO can do for you, but what you can do for this forum.

crap, just twisted my knee getting down off my soapbox.

I had no idea that this forum was the brain-child of I,Brian. That doesn't change my opinion on this matter, but it will change how I act towards him.
That dude has administrative powers and I don't want to log-in one day and find my avatar wearing a tutu.

That said, any attempt to control the content of the forum should be done sparingly and with the lightest of touches.

TRANSFORMATIONS ACCORDING TO CIRCUMSTANCES
When the hand of the ruler is light,
the people do not contrive,
but when the country is severely ruled,
the people grow in cunning.
The actions of the sage are sharp,
but they are never cutting,
they are pointed, though never piercing,
they are straightforward, not contrived,
and not without restraint,
brilliant but not blinding.
This is the action of the sage,