Haji Muslim wants a beard!

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
SALAAM!!!!

There is this Indian restaurant we go to, and last we went their for my partners birthday! "the elder" of the family was in (family run business!). And he kept, admiring my soulpatch/chinbeard? I mean, he would keep coming over and saying it looked good and was impressed lol and then spoke of one of his sons who had a beard... And we had a talk about how because he was coming up to retirement he -should- also grow a beard... I suggested he bought one of those fake ones you can get, and wear it til he grows his. lol.

Anyway, my question. What is the crack with beards? They seem to hold status? (the man bought me a drink!!!) I was the only one on the table with a beard and I was the only one he spoke to lol! And what does retiring have to do with growing a beard?

Thanks!

SALAAM!!!!

There is this Indian restaurant we go to, and last we went their for my partners birthday! "the elder" of the family was in (family run business!). And he kept, admiring my soulpatch/chinbeard? I mean, he would keep coming over and saying it looked good and was impressed lol and then spoke of one of his sons who had a beard... And we had a talk about how because he was coming up to retirement he -should- also grow a beard... I suggested he bought one of those fake ones you can get, and wear it til he grows his. lol.

Anyway, my question. What is the crack with beards? They seem to hold status? (the man bought me a drink!!!) I was the only one on the table with a beard and I was the only one he spoke to lol! And what does retiring have to do with growing a beard?

Thanks!

mohamed had a beard, according to many scholars is compulsory for men to grow a beard.

I find it interesting that long hair and facial hair is seen as good by many, many cultures (jesus, muhhamed, sikhs, ect ect) Yet in western society norms it tends to be seen as bad A (Fine Example the JW's they shave and cut their hair as they see long hair/beards to be signs of untrusthworthyness... yet their "leader" had long hair and beard lol.)

Alaykomsalam, Alex P

Actually, it is the " Sunnah" of the prophet to have beards. Sunnah in Arabic means a path or a way. Islamically, Sunnah:=The legal way or ways, orders, acts of worship and statements of the Prophet
saws.gif
, that are ideals and models to be followed by Muslims.

What is Sunnah? (the best guidance is the Sunnah of Muhammad (s.a.w)

Is growing beards mandatory in Islam? A detailled answer in the following site:
Is growing beards mandatory in Islam?

Wa alaykomusallam ;)

Thanks! So what did he mean by Haji? I doubt I am spelling this right, we were having "accent" issues between us... And he said he was a HAH-G at one point?

(thanks for the links btw)

So the beard growing is simply to distinguish? Fair enough!

One last question...

Allah said to obey Muhhamed? And he said you had to grow a beard, but it isn't mandatory.... Surley it should be?

Wa alaykomusallam ;)

Thanks! So what did he mean by Haji? I doubt I am spelling this right, we were having "accent" issues between us... And he said he was a HAH-G at one point?

It is clear, Alex. Haji means the Muslim person who makes the pilgrimage to Mecca.

Allah said to obey Muhhamed? And he said you had to grow a beard, but it isn't mandatory.... Surley it should be?

According to most Muslim scholars, the beard is an affirmed sunnah: the one who does it will be rewarded, yet, and there is no guilt on the one who doesnt as the Quran makes no clear instruction of it.

Yet, those who are full of the prophet's love, they grow their beard out of love to him and his sunnah.

Sweet,

Thanks again for clearing all that up... Things were a little blurred... I get it now... He said he was going to Mecca next year....... I am a der sometimes.... Thanks for your efforts(posts).

You are welcome, Alex, esp when you are a der:D:p....

It s all my pleasure, brother...

Thanks!

Hi, I am new to the forum....

According to Islam, Muhammad asked his followers to trim their moustaches and grow their beards in order to diffrentiate themselves from the Christians and the Jews.... Apperently back then the Christians used to be clean shaven, and the Jews would grow their moustach and beards....

this may seem ridiculous... but... what if a woman has a beard? In Islam would she be held in the same veneration as a man? just curious... some women can grow beards when they mature...

Wa alaykomusallam ;)

(thanks for the links btw)

So the beard growing is simply to distinguish? Fair enough!

One last question...

Hi Alex,

In addition to a long beard differentiating from the appearance of the polytheists, beard is also considered to be the natural way for men, i.e, men are supposed to grow the beard and without it they take on the appearance of a female and shaving the beard also falls under the catogory of 'changing the natural creation of Allah' and 'mutilation':

...Besides, shaving beard is an act of revolting against the nature of man, and imitating women. Thus, beard is a sign of maturity and manhood.

Islamic Guidance on Growing Beard - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

[SIZE=-1]f. Changing Allah's Creation without Permission[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The Messenger (S) declared that the women who change what Allah (T) has created (such as removing the hair from their faces or filing their teeth or tattooing their bodies) seeking by that to improve their appearance, are accursed by Allah (T). [Al-Bukhari and Muslim][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The hadith mentioned women in particular because they normally seek to beautify themselves more than men. But the warning surely applies to both sexes, because the condition for the curse is declared, and thus the curse applies to anyone who satisfies such condition.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Shaving the beard falls under this warning, as it is much worse than the Nam (removal of facial hair) practiced by some women. It involves obeying Satan who said:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]And I shall tempt them until they change what Allah has created. [An-Nisaa 4:119][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]g. An Imitation of Women[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The beard is a major distinction between men and women. Shaving it removes this distinction, and is thus a means of imitating women. The Messenger (S) said:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Allah curses those men who imitate the women, and He curses those women who imitate the men. [Al-Bukhari][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]h. Shaving the Beard Contradicts the Pure Fitrah (Nature)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Allah's Messenger (S) mentioned ten qualities as indicative of a good, clean nature [Muslim]. Two of these qualities are to trim the moustaches and to grow the beard.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The Messenger (S) also tells that every child is born with a clean, pure fitrah, which later may get deformed by the influence of the environment and the up-bringing. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Shaving The Beard: A Modern Effeminacy
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Abu`Abdillah Muhammad al-Jibaly, Al-Quran Was-Sunnah Society[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The Islamic Ruling Concerning Beards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Growing the beard is a wajib (mandatory) for all males who are capable of doing so. This has ample evidence in the Sunnah (as will be shown below) and is the unanimous opinion of the ulamaa of Islam. One should not be misled by the neglect to this sunnah by a few contemporary shaykhs, and by their providing shaky fatwas to support their action. By doing that they make people follow them into the wrong way, when the Messenger (S) said: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]He who starts a good sunnah (way) will be rewarded for it, in addition to receiving rewards equal to the rewards of those who follow him into it. Whereas he who starts a bad sunnah will be burdened with it, in addition to receiving burdens equal to the burdens of those who follow him into it. [Muslim][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]And he said: Allah does not pull the knowledge abruptly from the hearts of people, but he takes away the knowledge by taking [the lives of] the `ulamaa (true scholars). When no `ulamaa are left, people will take ignorant persons for leaders. Those will give them fatwa (religious verdicts) without knowledge. By doing this, they will stray and lead others astray as well. [Al-Bukhari][/SIZE]

cont...:

Shaving The Beard: A Modern Effeminacy

All the great scholars of Islam unanimously agree on this issue that to grow a beard no less than the length of a fist is compulsory upon all Muslim men as it is a distinctive sign of Islam, and it is haram (forbidden) for a mature stable Muslim to shave his beard.

read on [this article gives the views of all four Schools]:

Status of the Beard

hope that helps

Peace :)

this may seem ridiculous... but... what if a woman has a beard? In Islam would she be held in the same veneration as a man? just curious... some women can grow beards when they mature...

men must not imitate women and vica versa; if some women grow a beard naturally, then they should seek medical help as that would be an abnormality; it may be allowed for them to keep it as an 'illness' type of thing or they may be required to shave and get rid of the abnormality in that way... [not sure which]

Peace

Hi, I am new to the forum....

According to Islam, Muhammad asked his followers to trim their moustaches and grow their beards in order to diffrentiate themselves from the Christians and the Jews.... Apperently back then the Christians used to be clean shaven, and the Jews would grow their moustach and beards....

Salaam...

Which Thunder cat are you? :)

I'd just like to say thanks for making your first post a reply to my question, welcome to the boards.

I believe that whether you are with beard or not that doesn't mean that you are muslim or non-muslim.

Some people have a long beard but they are cursed by God for their evil deeds and some shave theirs but they are among the rightous and the Mercy of Allah is upon them.

The core of Islam is the faith not the beard.

Finally, Allah forgives every thing even if we didn't ask Him forgiveness, but He doesn't forgive disbelief.

Yet, even disbelief is forgiven if we ask Allah forgivness and repent to Him.

I should accept Allah's creation to have His Honer and the amazing beauty He will provide me by His Generousity.

If I chose to honer myself rather than God's Honer, then I would be left to myself and I see being left to myself is the curse for I am imperfect, but Allah is The Source of Perfection.

So, O Allah! you are The Peace, and from you the peace (comes), Blessed be You, O Owner of Majesty and Nobility.

O Allah forgive us our sins and Honer us.

Prophet Mohammad PBUH said: "all mankind are sinners and the best of sinners are the repentors"

We need to seek Allah's Forgiveness every time we sin.

Allah said what means:
“O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.”

Peace be those who follow the guidance.

Finally, Allah forgives every thing even if we didn't ask Him forgiveness, but He doesn't forgive disbelief.

That doesn't seem to make sense... Yeah go comit genocide! or rape or whatever... But don't believe in me... tut tut.... You gonna get spanked for that.....

So if I said I believed in it, and then go and do terrible, terrible crimes agaisn't my fellow man.. I'll be forgiven?

So the only thing that it lacks on proving, is the only thing it wouldn't forgive?

That doesn't seem to make sense... Yeah go comit genocide! or rape or whatever... But don't believe in me... tut tut.... You gonna get spanked for that.....

Wat up dude,

Think about it like this: If a person is committing "genocide, rape, or whatever" you think he is a believer in God? The reason why God makes belief in Him (and thus his commandments) the primary factor in judgment is because all good (according to religious thinking) flows from this. Therefore: when God forbids shirk (worshipping false idols) what that actually translates into is the rejection of all deviant forms of morality (or the lack thereof) which would allow: "rape, genocide or whatever" :)

So if I said I believed in it, and then go and do terrible, terrible crimes agaisn't my fellow man.. I'll be forgiven?

So the only thing that it lacks on proving, is the only thing it wouldn't forgive?
Allah be a fickle and inconsistent supreme entity with a very bad handle on communication ;)

Back