Scott Saylors "Popeyesays" passes on..

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
I just learned from Scott's daughter that he passed on March 5th..no details really but he had some health problems earlier last year..

This is a note that appeared on his blog:
"Hello,my name is Tahira Saylors. Scott Saylors is my father. I want to let everyone who is reading this know that my father passed away on March 5, 2009. There won't be any sequels to his books or any more blog postings. Thank you very much."
March 25, 2009 9:10 AM

I corresponded with Scott on this forum and two other inter-faith forums.. He was writing e-books. I've been in contact with him over the past four years or so .

As a Baha'i Scott believed that his soul would pass through the worlds of God and eventually come into the presence of God.. Here is a prayer for Scott:

O my God! O Thou forgiver of sins, bestower of gifts, dispeller of afflictions!
Verily, I beseech Thee to forgive the sins of such as have abandoned the physical garment and have ascended to the spiritual world.
O my Lord! Purify them from trespasses, dispel their sorrows, and change their darkness into light. Cause them to enter the garden of happiness, cleanse them with the most pure water, and grant them to behold Thy splendors on the loftiest mount.

- 'Abdu'l-Bahá
(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 44)

Sorry for your loss. Feel free to share any information/inspiration from your contacts with this fellow traveler.

I'm sorry to hear that - when he first visited the site it was with all guns blazing, but once he'd calmed down his posts were thoughtful and considerate. I also noticed him around on aspiring writer forums.

My best wishes to his family and community.

Thank you arthra,

Namaste and bless you on your travels Scott/Popeyesays.

In making his transition he's joined one respected and honored group of individuals from these forums...

Contemplating this event brings memories of some beautiful people.
As a Baha'i Scott believed that his soul would pass through the worlds of God and eventually come into the presence of God..
Bless you on your travels, leave a light on.

Posted by Scott:

Discussions are like life. You get out of them what you bring into them. If all you can bring is anger, dissension, insult and a bad attitude; that's all you will get out of it.

The further you stretch a metaphor, the more likely it is to snap.

...why play for the Philly audience when Broadway is waiting?

I guess meat puppets stick to their own?

Believe me, I've seen all the wierdos and goose-stepping racists I ever need to see.

The only monsters are self-made ones.

See we can trade empty phrases all day and neither of us will impress the other.

Regards,
Scott

My commiserations to his friends and family.

A good quote or two... and the guilty knowledge that I purchased but failed to finish the above illustrated ebook.

Another CR/IO passing.

Always sobering.

Farewell Scott.

O my God! This is Thy servant and the son of Thy servant who hath believed in Thee and in Thy signs, and set his face towards Thee, wholly detached from all except Thee. Thou art, verily, of those who show mercy the most merciful.

Deal with him, O Thou Who forgivest the sins of men and concealest their faults, as beseemeth the heaven of Thy bounty and the ocean of Thy grace. Grant him admission within the precincts of Thy transcendent mercy that was before the foundation of earth and heaven. There is no God but Thee, the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Generous.

Alláh-u-Abhá
Alláh-u-Abhá
Alláh-u-Abhá
Alláh-u-Abhá
Alláh-u-Abhá
Alláh-u-Abhá

We all, verily, worship God.
We all, verily, bow down before God.
We all, verily, are devoted unto God.
We all, verily, give praise unto God.
We all, verily, yield thanks unto God.
We all, verily, are patient in God.