the great day of Jehovah is near

Some manuscripts do not "nor the Son." Some say, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
If you think about, Christ who is the beginning and the end, the Lord of all, prophesying about his second coming, speaking about end times through prophets and giving visions to men and about the end of days and the future, obviously knows who, what when, where, how and why everything ends. So you must reconcile that.
"I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me"...indeed, hard to let go of that statement.

Some manuscripts do not "nor the Son." Some say, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
If you think about, Christ who is the beginning and the end, the Lord of all, prophesying about his second coming, speaking about end times through prophets and giving visions to men and about the end of days and the future, obviously knows who, what when, where, how and why everything ends. So you must reconcile that.

I wish to bounce something off you. Jesus' "father" Joseph, was a mason/carpenter, and Jesus learned that trade early on, yes? But, his calling was something else (ministering to the people), and so he did take on that mantle, to the end of his life.

If we are inclined to be or have a penchant for our ancestors' talents, which would out way a learned behavior, given the right circumstances, would not we follow in the natural order of things, in some way or fashion?

In other words, If Jesus (son of God, not Joseph), had a "minister to the people", for a father...would he not despite the training of a stand in father, tend to gravitate in that direction?

I mean, look at your own life, as I look at mine. I, for one, wanted nothing to do with pipe fitting, or welding, or construction...I wanted to be an officer in the military.

I became one. But my strength in the service is as an officer engineer...(welding, pipe fitting, construction).

Would not Jesus (the human), follow similar suite? He was a construction man, but he used his training to become a minister to the masses...and he was hell bent on rebuilding what might be destroyed, in three days...

Hi mee,
Matt 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, But the Father alone.
Why spend so much time in speculation? Jesus tells me that no one knows the time, not even himself. Why should I listen to another, when Jesus puts the issue to rest. So if the pastor is speaking of such things it's nonsense. If someone from the Kingdom Hall comes to my house and starts to talk about such things, it's nonsense. I take it then that I should not waste my time dwelling on such things, put my time to better use. There are plenty of important teachings in the bible to share. Sharing things that can't be known is not one of them.

yes you are quite right to say that no one knows the day or the hour when Jesus will get the command to go into action .

but we certainly do know just where we are in the stream of time ,and 1914 was the start of the last days, and that is a correct bible understanding .
And since 1914 Jesus was given kingship in the heavenly kingdom and the heavenly kingdom was set up and established in 1914

daniel 7;13-14 daniel 2;44 and believe me that it is not a waste of time to know just where we are in the stream of tiime ,it is most beneficial to us.

And what is this 1914 schpiel?

1914 is a very significant date inline with bible prophecy and chronology:)

the following was taken from the book
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH printed by Jehovahs Witnesses

1914 A Significant Year in Bible Prophecy

DECADES in advance, Bible students proclaimed that there would be significant developments in 1914. What were these, and what evidence points to 1914 as such an important year?

As recorded at Luke 21:24, Jesus said: “Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations [“the times of the Gentiles,” King James Version] are fulfilled.” Jerusalem had been the capital city of the Jewish nation—the seat of rulership of the line of kings from the house of King David. (Psalm 48:1, 2) However, these kings were unique among national leaders. They sat on “Jehovah’s throne” as representatives of God himself. (1 Chronicles 29:23) Jerusalem was thus a symbol of Jehovah’s rulership.

How and when, though, did God’s rulership begin to be “trampled on by the nations”? This happened in 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians. “Jehovah’s throne” became vacant, and the line of kings who descended from David was interrupted. (2 Kings 25:1-26) Would this ‘trampling’ go on forever? No, for the prophecy of Ezekiel said regarding Jerusalem’s last king, Zedekiah: “Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. . . . It will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.” (Ezekiel 21:26, 27)

The one who has “the legal right” to the Davidic crown is Christ Jesus. (Luke 1:32, 33)

So the ‘trampling’ would end when Jesus became King.

When would that grand event occur? Jesus showed that the Gentiles would rule for a fixed period of time. The account in Daniel chapter 4 holds the key to knowing how long that period would last. It relates a prophetic dream experienced by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. He saw an immense tree that was chopped down. Its stump could not grow because it was banded with iron and copper. An angel declared: “Let seven times pass over it.”—Daniel 4:10-16.

In the Bible, trees are sometimes used to represent rulership.

(Ezekiel 17:22-24; 31:2-5)

So the chopping down of the symbolic tree represents how God’s rulership, as expressed through the kings at Jerusalem, would be interrupted. However, the vision served notice that this ‘trampling of Jerusalem’ would be temporary—a period of “seven times.” How long a period is that?

Revelation 12:6, 14 indicates that three and a half times equal “a thousand two hundred and sixty days.” “Seven times” would therefore last twice as long, or 2,520 days. But the Gentile nations did not stop ‘trampling’ on God’s rulership a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem’s fall. Evidently, then, this prophecy covers a much longer period of time. On the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6, which speak of “a day for a year,” the “seven times” would cover 2,520 years.

The 2,520 years began in October 607 B.C.E., when Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians and the Davidic king was taken off his throne. The period ended in October 1914. At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King.—Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.

Just as Jesus predicted, his “presence” as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developments—war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. (Matthew 24:3-8; Luke 21:11) Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of “the last days” of this present wicked system of things.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

and now we are well along into bible prophecy

yes you are quite right to say that no one knows the day or the hour when Jesus will get the command to go into action .

but we certainly do know just where we are in the stream of time ,and 1914 was the start of the last days, and that is a correct bible understanding .
And since 1914 Jesus was given kingship in the heavenly kingdom and the heavenly kingdom was set up and established in 1914

daniel 7;13-14 daniel 2;44 and believe me that it is not a waste of time to know just where we are in the stream of tiime ,it is most beneficial to us.
Ah, one more time. Jesus says "no one knows". nuf said, over and out.

Hi Blazn,
The thing of it is, I have to reconcile what it written in my bible only. I don't have a problem with Matt 24:36 just the way it is written. I don't have to add or take away to grasp the meanings of the words that are used. Does the bible that I read have the correct words, there is no way for me to tell. So for now I "trust" the authors of the NASB. If Jesus says the Father is the only one who knows, I take that as truth.

Ah, one more time. Jesus says "no one knows". nuf said, over and out.

very true no one knows the day or hour when Jesus will get the command from JEHOVAH to go into action .

but it will effect everyone on the earth , do not confuse Jesus arriving in kingdom power IN 1914, with Jesus GOING INTO ACTION on the great day of JEHOVAH.

While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your PRESENCE
(Gr., pa·rou·si′as. )
and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
matthew 24;3

Christs Presence (Parousia)

Mt 24:3—Gr., τὸ σημεῖον τῆς σῆς παρουσίας

Despite the desperate conditions of a deteriorating world scene, Jesus’ presence in kingly power SINCE 1914 has been felt in an unmistakable and positive way.

In spite of the ruin caused by two world wars, the enthroned King, Christ Jesus, has actively participated in forging a new nation of people—a people for Jehovah’s name “out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” Christ’s active presence has stimulated a worldwide preaching and teaching program that has touched the hearts of millions of rightly disposed individuals.

They have been moved to take their stand on the side of Jehovah’s Kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus.—Revelation 7:9, 10.

But as you mentioned, no one knows the day or hour when Jesus will come with his holy angels and judge the inhabited earth , but right NOW we are making ourselves out to be a sheep or a goat . but that is for Jehovah and Jesus to decide​

yes the signs of the times are upon us and since 1914 Jesus has been reigning as a heavenly king in the heavenly kingdom .​

do not confuse Jesus coming ,with his presence in kingdom power.​

they are two different things​

putting ourselves in a place of concealment NOW ,is the thing to be doing BEFORE THE GREAT DAY OF JEHOVAH, and there is a hurrying of it very much​

The great day of Jehovah is near. It is near, and there is a hurrying [of it] very much. ZEPHENIAH 1;14

For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.HABAKKUK 2;3

Hi Blazn,

The thing of it is, I have to reconcile what it written in my bible only. I don't have a problem with Matt 24:36 just the way it is written. I don't have to add or take away to grasp the meanings of the words that are used. Does the bible that I read have the correct words, there is no way for me to tell. So for now I "trust" the authors of the NASB. If Jesus says the Father is the only one who knows, I take that as truth.

I'm just pointing out that some bibles say it differently, so if you are seeking truth and understanding of scripture sometimes one has to compare and think about what they are reading and pray about it to get an accurate understanding. Those that say the Son does not know, I have hard time swallowing that since Christ in heaven being outside our time knows how everything started and how everything ends. Knowing how everything happens like a movie he has already seen and gives men trailers of it thru prophets and visions, then obviously Christ knows when He comes again. I would then have to reconcile that those bibles that say the Son does not know are either additions (which some bibles point out) that were added later shouldnt be there, or they mean that the Son does not know during his time on earth as a man who emptied himself of his heavenly position.

Hi Blazn,
I'm just pointing out that some bibles say it differently, so if you are seeking truth and understanding of scripture sometimes one has to compare and think about what they are reading and pray about it to get an accurate understanding. Those that say the Son does not know, I have hard time swallowing that since Christ in heaven being outside our time knows how everything started and how everything ends. Knowing how everything happens like a movie he has already seen and gives men trailers of it thru prophets and visions, then obviously Christ knows when He comes again. I would then have to reconcile that those bibles that say the Son does not know are either additions (which some bibles point out) that were added later shouldnt be there, or they mean that the Son does not know during his time on earth as a man who emptied himself of his heavenly position.
Which translation, translations do you prefer?

:) yes JEHOVAHS WITNESSES are well known for having a zeal to make known about bible prophecy that has come true matthew 24;14 .

And it really is exciting times that we are living in right now since 1914.

but many people do think that fullfilled bible prophecy is irrelevent .

and the book of Daniel certainly does have a lot to do with true knowledge DANIEL 12;4 especially since 1914:)

Look at that; Marsh just went two for two in the prophecy department. Anybody interested in my predictions for the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Jehovah's Witnesses do indeed have a reputation for having zeal for the Bible. You have zeal, Mee-- zeal, but very little understanding of your own. Talking to you is like talking to a voice-automated menu: press 1 for 1914 is the most significant year in history; press 2 for Matthew 24 says that the time is near because there have been wars; press 3 for the Book of Daniel says the beast is coming, and only Jehovah's Witnesses see it; at anytime press the # sign for today's copy/paste job from a JW website.

To tell the truth, I'm not totally convinced that you not in fact a piece of spamming software (Mechanical Electronic Eulogizer).

Jehovah's Witnesses do indeed have a reputation for having zeal for the Bible. You have zeal, Mee-- zeal, but very little understanding of your own. quote]
VERY TRUE :) and having a zeal for what the bible REALLY teaches is what it is all about. and not leaning on our own understanding .

thats the way to do it :)proverbs 2 5-6

Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.

i like to listen to the channel Jesus is feeding its better
matthew 24;45-47

Back