Was Jesus merely a prophet whose authority was similar to that of Moses, Buddha, Muha

Re: Was Jesus merely a prophet whose authority was similar to that of Moses, Buddha,

tao
you brought in politics, institutionalised religion whereas l was stripping that back to the message or 'truth' that these prophets initially felt compelled to state [usually a reaction in adverse situations against the current status quo so in that case yes like blair was a reaction to..]. So labour and conservative have merged their 'ideals' to capture the mean [middle] strata in this society, always with extremes at either end of course; and so religions as we know could easily 'merge' with the ideals [morals, unity etc] that underly them too. Just as political ideologies become encrusted with bureaucracy overlaid with humans need to encompass the 'all' so too religious 'establishments' embellish the initial simplicity to capture the 'all'. Thats not to say individuals still cannot perceive or have 'faith' in that ideology, that religion, and see beyond that framework, that structure to intuite and connect the reality beyond physical manifestation.
So you think Buddha was deluded in his philosophy for skilful living? Who are your 'heroes' worthy of emulation? Does it include loving kindness? [the message l think particularly of Jesus].
l agree with you concerning the mob psychology of religion/politics, such is societal 'corporations'. l was just pointing out there are individuals involved who find great comfort in their 'mytho-logy'.

Re: Was Jesus merely a prophet whose authority was similar to that of Moses, Buddha,

:rolleyes:

How ironic, the atheist turned prophet, claiming a revelation revealing all men's hearts.
I speak of mind only. What is truly in the heart needs no institution.

Actually from a certain perspective Tao is quite right, this is the downside of language dualism. From another perspective he is simultaneously quite wrong.

You see, inherent in the spiritual search is a facet that encourages separation from all that is, but there exists also encouragement to transcend that early stage of development going beyond mere perception into a purer awareness.

At least that is how I understand the writings of people like Rumi, Gibran, and St. Teresa of Avila.

It is the early development of the seeker that can be turned ethno/theocentric, encourage the us against them mentality responsible for so much horror in the world. This is what I think Tao is trying to say.
I only know Gibran and I love his writing. As in my reply to c0de Gibran eschews the institution and looks at what it is to be a person amongst people within the heart. I never really discuss such things. Gibran could be an atheist. His book "Jesus, The Son of Man" certainly delivers its impact without giving Jesus any godhood. But you are right, I am often, and often deliberately misunderstood here. Thank you for noticing :D

tao
you brought in politics, institutionalised religion whereas l was stripping that back to the message or 'truth' that these prophets initially felt compelled to state [usually a reaction in adverse situations against the current status quo so in that case yes like blair was a reaction to..]. So labour and conservative have merged their 'ideals' to capture the mean [middle] strata in this society, always with extremes at either end of course; and so religions as we know could easily 'merge' with the ideals [morals, unity etc] that underly them too. Just as political ideologies become encrusted with bureaucracy overlaid with humans need to encompass the 'all' so too religious 'establishments' embellish the initial simplicity to capture the 'all'. Thats not to say individuals still cannot perceive or have 'faith' in that ideology, that religion, and see beyond that framework, that structure to intuite and connect the reality beyond physical manifestation.
So you think Buddha was deluded in his philosophy for skilful living? Who are your 'heroes' worthy of emulation? Does it include loving kindness? [the message l think particularly of Jesus].
l agree with you concerning the mob psychology of religion/politics, such is societal 'corporations'. l was just pointing out there are individuals involved who find great comfort in their 'mytho-logy'.

As I say above I never really get drawn into discussions on that aspect of religion. Not because I do not recognise it as the valuable thing it is to so many ordinary people. But to do so I would be diminishing the critically, some might argue pathologically important negatives that religions bring to the table. In an ideal world where religion was not the cause of so much anguish then I would be a very different poster.

Jesus is resurrected as triune God, three in one, or one in all three... father, son, and spirit past, present and future being.

Jesus is, alive in you, as in me, you as me, I as you, you as he, and he as not in who?

Give, give, give, is for all, to awake and be heard in God's only call.

"Son, come in."

Hi China,

Long time. Go here for the answers you seek.

Bible prophets: Jesus

you might be surprised...
I'll give you this one from your link:
Luke 21:33
Jesus said His words would never be forgotten

But you can't have the ones where Jesus prophecies the destruction of the temple or the fate of the Jews because the material was written contemporaneous with, or later than those events.

Chris

Jesus is, alive in you, as in me, you as me, I as you, you as he, and he as not in who?

Give, give, give, is for all, to awake and be heard in God's only call.

"Son, come in."

Bloody comma abuse!

Chris

Bloody comma abuse!

Chris

Wait a minute, I feel a foreign language comin'.

Da umph, da iddi diddi gumph, cha chitti pitti lumpfh, fa spitti gitti zitti... um, ran outta letters, or ims. cha, cha, cha?

Was Jesus merely a prophet.......

___________________.

(insert any answer you wish. according to the interfaith religion, all answers are correct and no one could ever be wrong.)

Wait a minute, I feel a foreign language comin'.

Da umph, da iddi diddi gumph, cha chitti pitti lumpfh, fa spitti gitti zitti... um, ran outta letters, or ims. cha, cha, cha?

Good Answer!:)

Survey says..... Good Answer!

You know, this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as tough religious questions are concerned.
For example: how exactly do you solve a problem like Maria?

You know, this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as tough religious questions are concerned.
Or Madonna? Like a virgin? Though hasn't she gone all American Post-Buddhist?... what they call it? Torah Torah Torah?

you a 'sound of music fan'?

Dear Jesus,

Where are you now Sir? My sins lie beneath me like broken chains. What choice that released me with no time remains. You know all, as all, in all, but don't tell of finer things that come, as seeing, through a blank wall.

Dear Jesus.

Back