feminine aspect of God ?

You mean Christian Marriage is a symbol? After all there was marriage before Christ and there are plenty of non-christian marriages.

You mean Christian Marriage is a symbol? After all there was marriage before Christ and there are plenty of non-christian marriages.

Marriage was instituted by the Father with Adam and Eve. If you believe the Bible, then all marriage is stemmed from this union.

Here is further proof that the Father is male:

Moses spoke with the Father "face to face" in the Tabernacle when Yahweh descended as a cloud and appeared above the Mercy Seat within the Most Holy (Exodus 33:10-11).

Moses asked to really see the Father (Exodus 33:13,18). The Lord replied that if Moses did then he would die (Exodus 33:20) because men in their current state cannot look upon the Father's face, but He agreed to pass by Moses and show Moses His back (Exodus 33:22). And the Lord did as He promised (Exodus 34:6).

Moses was the only man (besides Christ when he ascended) to ever see the living Lord. He also saw His face within the Tabernacle. This should tell you two things: 1. the Father has a physical form and 2. Moses knew the gender (in physical form) of the Father. And since the Lord would not let the books of Moses be corrupted by falsehoods, the Lord must be male or masculine as Moses saw Him.

Use this in conjunction with the facts that man was placed over woman as a symbol of Christ over the Ecclesia and the Father over man, that Mary was a woman, that Jesus Christ called Him Father, and that all throughout the Scriptures His many names are in the masculine form and usage. While the idea of duel gender seems nice, it does not agree with Scripture.

Namaste ARMeyers,

I believe the bible as my main scriptural text and reference, but not Genesis as fact but as metaphyscial allegory, metaphor and myth. I don't believe G!d created Adam and then created all the animals as his helpmeet and Adam tried them all and found them lacking so G!d created woman from his rib and Adam tried her and found her to be good helpmeet...

A man married to his rib as the basis for all union? Tis interesting to me your facts and proof.

All Scripture says that the Lord is male or masculine.

Ummm, not quite. There are several OT references to G-d, such as Shekinah (sp?), that are in the feminine tense of the Hebrew, as I understand. Our Jewish friends have expanded on this thought many times in the past far better than I.

In short, All Old Testament Scripture says that the L-rd is male, female, both and neither.

But that's a deeper understanding than most Christians care to entertain. :D

Here is further proof that the Father is male:

Moses spoke with the Father "face to face" in the Tabernacle when Yahweh descended as a cloud and appeared above the Mercy Seat within the Most Holy (Exodus 33:10-11).

Moses asked to really see the Father (Exodus 33:13,18). The Lord replied that if Moses did then he would die (Exodus 33:20) because men in their current state cannot look upon the Father's face, but He agreed to pass by Moses and show Moses His back (Exodus 33:22). And the Lord did as He promised (Exodus 34:6).
Uh... where's the part where God shows His dick?

Quick Question here -

In this day and age of gender social equality should pastors and evenagalists reform and start teaching the truth of Gods word in respect to feminine traits of God and female hero's of the Bible? example tell stories of Queen Esther as heroic as King David and as important.

Lots could be done to balance the scales and let young people know how
equaly important both genders are in our religion both in history and now.

Basstian

yes but unless there is more female pastors etc the narratives chosen will not change; this is the whole thrust of any 'feminist' movement within religions, to redress the balance and bring in hitherto ignored texts due to grooved patterns of patriarchal preaching.

Uh... where's the part where God shows His dick?

Agreed. Although God relates to human beings as Father, I don't believe he has a gender per se, because I don't believe that spirit can have a gender. The reason why he chose to impregnate Mary is perfectly logistical, rather than a function of his.... equipment.

By the way, I've always thought it's interesting that the male reproductive organs are mainly outside the body, as if they were added on later, while the female organs are inside, as if the female body was designed that way specifically. Perhaps ours were added on after God found it necessary to create Eve...

LOL u beat me to it.If God is male does he have a penis ? :eek:
God is our Heavenly Parent. He has both sexual organs male and female in complete harmony.
It says in the bible that he created us in His image, male and female.

Men and women complete his creation.

In Genesis 1:28 God gave A&E 3 blessings. Become mature/fruitful, Multiply and have dominion over the earth. He wants us to be co-creator.

God was not able to bless A&E union and he kicked them out of the Garden.

God lost his lineage. We were born out of the garden. This is why God needed a second Adam with a sinless seed to restore the failure of the first Adam

Wil said:
What church teaches this?
It is a strategy being introduced into varous communities to wake people up and get them to look outside the box. It is less than successful, but it works like this: You take literalism to the limit! Take all of the figurative things that are said about God and make them imply literal things! People who take things literally will start discussing them with great seriousness. For example: If the Bible says that G-d dwells in inapproachable light in heaven, you start saying this means He 'dwells' bodily in the center of the universe (Star Trek 5). Then people get caught up talking about it, discussing it and saying 'Could this be?' and something hopefully clicks for some. If not, then you wind up giving G-d testicles.

If not, then you wind up giving G-d testicles.
Well then, as was said someplace before, let's just hope s(he) doesn't sit down on thin cloud...

I could be wrong, but seem our brother was positing this as a truth...not a discussion starter...

I have a belief on this. When God created woman He created her as a companion for Man or as a compliment to Man. When Man and Woman wed they become One flesh and both were made in the Image of God. I believe that God has all the aspects of Woman AND Man woman being emotional and relationship oriented while man is a logical and a critical thinker.
I believe that one day in eternity.. we will be whole as we are meant to be. Like Christ. With Masculine and Feminine aspects. That is why there will be no marriage.. because the need to combine the two wont be there.my 2c

There is no marriage in heaven because God did not bless A&E' s marriage and because Jesus who came a the sinless bridegroom was killed and consequently could not marry. He had God sinless seed.

This is why the Messiah has to come back for the marriage of the lamb.
God wanted a lineage on earth from the beginning in Genesis.
Up to now we are still born with the original sin from Satan's lineage inherited by A&E

Jesus sacrificed his body at the cross. His spirit was totally victorious.
We received salvation of the spirit through Jesus and the holy spirit (spiritual Eve).
Christianity is the second Israel preparing for the return of Messiah.

What church teaches this?
It is in the scripture

God created us as His image, both male and female. When we become one, we reflect His image.

That is pretty much common sense to me.

If God is both masculine and feminine. I just follow the logic.

A man is 1/2 and a woman is the other half. The two become one.

God is one already

Wil said:
Well then, as was said someplace before, let's just hope s(he) doesn't sit down on thin cloud...

I could be wrong, but seem our brother was positing this as a truth...not a discussion starter...
OK. I shouldn't be pushy, and I do not know much about it. Good point.

Back