Did God send His messangers with more than one religion?!!

Hi Alex
A god of confusion.
Perhaps one should be looking elsewhere, different book, different religion, if all he/she has is a G-d of confusion. Why would G-d want us to be confused?
Joe

How can you love God if you dont know Him?! Hence, the need of religion is created..

What religion did Jesus use?

What religion did Buddha use?

What religion did Mohammed use?

Each one of these prophets founded a religion. They did not practice the established religion, they created their own.

Why would it be any different for us?

While an organized religion may be helpful, it is not a required. In either case, whether you need a large community or not, the way is open to all that want to walk it.

Here's to those that have made the choice.

How can you love God if you dont know Him?! Hence, the need of religion is created..

Maybe your god needs to start religions but my god does not start religions. Just because you need religion in order to love does not mean everyone does.

So I think there is only one set of core truths that has been filtered by different people in different ways to create different religions.

That's my 2 cents anyway -- thanks for raising this great question!

Hello, DrDeb,

I think you get near to a great deal to what Islam teaches about the reality of the three religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam..

Islam teaches us the set of core truths of th three religions are one. It is after the death of both Moses and Jesus peace be upon them that ther message came to be changed, and move from its real core truths....

Islam teaches us the the Torah, the Bible came to ask fro the worship of God alone and it is the same God of the three religions...

I slam teaches us tha Moses and Jesus peace be upon them called for the worship of the same God and God alone...

Islam teaches that all the prophets came to ask for the worship of God alone..

Islam teaches us that the core of the three religion is the same: SUBMISSION to the only and the one God...

God says:

[2:127] As Abraham raised the foundations of the shrine, together with Ismail (they prayed): "Our Lord, accept this from us. You are the Hearer, the Omniscient.
[2:128] "Our Lord, make us submitters to You, and from our descendants let there be a community of submitters to You. Teach us the rites of our religion, and redeem us. You are the Redeemer, Most Merciful.
[2:129] "Our Lord, and raise among them a messenger to recite to them Your revelations, teach them the scripture and wisdom, and purify them. You are the Almighty, Most Wise."
[2:130] Who would forsake the religion of Abraham, except one who fools his own soul? We have chosen him in this world, and in the Hereafter he will be with the righteous.
[2:131] When his Lord said to him, "Submit," he said, "I submit to the Lord of the universe."
[2:132] Moreover, Abraham exhorted his children to do the same, and so did Jacob: "O my children, GOD has pointed out the religion for you; do not die except as submitters."
[2:133] Had you witnessed Jacob on his death bed; he said to his children, "What will you worship after I die?" They said, "We will worship your god; the god of your fathers Abraham, Ismail, and Isaac; the one god. To Him we are submitters." [2:134] Such is a community from the past. They are responsible for what they earned, and you are responsible for what you earned. You are not answerable for anything they have done.
[2:135] They said, "You have to be Jewish or Christian, to be guided." Say, "We follow the religion of Abraham - monotheism - he never was an idol worshiper."
[2:136] Say, "We believe in GOD, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses and Jesus, and all the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."

[2:137] If they believe as you do, then they are guided. But if they turn away, then they are in opposition. GOD will spare you their opposition; He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.
[2:138] Such is GOD's system, and whose system is better than GOD's? "Him alone we worship."
[2:139] Say, "Do you argue with us about GOD, when He is our Lord and your Lord? We are responsible for our deeds, and you are responsible for your deeds. To Him alone we are devoted." [2:140] Do you say that Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs were Jewish or Christian? Say, "Do you know better than GOD? Who is more evil than one who conceals a testimony he has learned from GOD? GOD is never unaware of anything you do."

PS: Judaism and Christianity in those verses refer to the status of those religions after the death of their prophets peace be upon them, and the changes that occured on those religions, and moved by them far from their real core...

Namaste Dialogue is Best,

Or is it Dialogue leads to Islam?

While I believe your contention that their exist multiple prophets I also believe they exist in all religions. Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc...

It appears you are driving that each is leading to the next, which would be what the Bahai believe, and theirs being the next prophet in this succession, but theirs not being the last prophet. Their writings also attributed to the word of G!d.

We have a choice in this interfaith study don't we. Dialogue (big D) about all religons and their benefit to all, or dialogue (little d) with the purpose of bringing folks to our religion.

Which Dialogue is Best?

Namaste Dialogue is Best,

Or is it Dialogue leads to Islam?

While I believe your contention that their exist multiple prophets I also believe they exist in all religions. Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc...

It appears you are driving that each is leading to the next, which would be what the Bahai believe, and theirs being the next prophet in this succession, but theirs not being the last prophet. Their writings also attributed to the word of G!d.

We have a choice in this interfaith study don't we. Dialogue (big D) about all religons and their benefit to all, or dialogue (little d) with the purpose of bringing folks to our religion.

Which Dialogue is Best?

hhhhhh, come on, wil, dont underestimate me because I am a dialogue with a small (d)...

Look, sister, for me, a real dailogue is built on honesty. For me, I am honest, and I am showing what I have. By doing so, I am not neglecting/rejecting the other at all... It is not my religion teaches...God says:
[2:62] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

My holy Book gives a clear answer to the question I asked. It vanishes any ambuiguity that may arise. It is for others to know...dailogue is sharing and forcing, and I am here for sharing...

I am a Dailogue, though I am written with small "d", Wil:);)

Everyone(well muslims) think's wil is a chick.... I love that...
lulz-1.gif

Look, sister, for me, a real dailogue is built on honesty. ....

My holy Book gives a clear answer to the question I asked. It vanishes any ambuiguity that may arise. It is for others to know...dailogue is sharing and forcing, and I am here for sharing...

I am a Dailogue, though I am written with small "d", Wil:);)
Namaste dib,

Built on honesty? Did we enroll for your class? You asked a question, you didn't posit a statement based on the Quran and discuss it. So the question in itself was Dishonest, it had the purpose of laying in wait for your answer to emerge.

And I believe the answer is correct for you, and who knows one day it may be right for me. Just not today.

As I indicated, I believe if your answer is correct than you must move onto the next prophet, as the Bahaulla has spoken.

Everyone(well muslims) think's wil is a chick.... I love that...
lulz-1.gif
I make a nasty drag queen...

Back