Why is Christianity loosing the cultural war ?

I guess thats what i struggle with. I dont forgive easily . Hold grudges etc. I am learning to let things go, tho. We all are in a state of learning, i guess.

I think everyone goes through that and as each experience gets harder, then we have to keep learning to let go. That wasn't very clear but what I'm essentially trying to say is that process of learning to let go is in a constant state of flux for humans in general. It's hard for us to forgive...

Actually, confusion seems to be the primary emotion right now. Lol... a little elaboration would be much apreciated :p
When we divorced, there were children involved...

My parents drove 1200 miles to her parents' home, where they spent two weeks together.

When they came away, the concensus was that regardless of our decisions, they would work together to be grandparents for our children, and we had open door policy to speak with each other's parents (and meet, and host, or be guest to), with no repercussions.

For my ex-spouse and my part, we decided that WE would be a tag team, when it came to raising our sons. Even though distance and life split us apart, when it came to the boys, we were one cohesive unit. And it worked BEAUTIFULLY. Those kids couldn't get one over on either of us.

My ex-spouse still talks to my parents on a regular basis (I'm a guy, I don't talk too much with my mouth), but I have gone and stayed with her parents while on assignment. I've even stayed at her house a time or two (though her husband was bemused, especially when she said "It's a family thing, get used to it". lol

She is like my sister. I would do anything if she was in trouble. We just couldn't live together...

I never really saw that in the Bible. At my old church, I was generally told that divorce was frowned upon. I need to re-read my Bible though... my memory is rusty.
I was very much unaware that it was accepted completely... I knew the Anglican and Methodist church "approved".
A divorced couple isn't supposed to be frowned upon as Quahom said. You can learn this from NT, and it also gets full treatment in the Jewish canon (which are like the water that the NT grows in). Putting shame onto people or judging them in things you don't know about -- that is a big nono for reasons which you could probably tell me. Like you said, it really is obvious.

She is like my sister. I would do anything if she was in trouble. We just couldn't live together...

That's absolutely wonderful. Another great example of family working even when distance could divide you. And even more wonderful when you've got the grandparents chipping in... I love the sense of family I have and I can imagine you do too.

Wish my mother and father would be on more talkable terms though. When it comes to money they get a bit heated but otherwise, they're ok lol.

A divorced couple isn't supposed to be frowned upon as Quahom said. You can learn this from NT, and it also gets full treatment in the Jewish canon (which are like the water that the NT grows in). Putting shame onto people or judging them in things you don't know about -- that is a big nono for reasons which you could probably tell me. Like you said, it really is obvious.

The New Testament is definately the shining part of the Bible. That's the difficulty I find with the Bible, is that the old and new contrast quite alot. If I were to choose any part, it would be the NT.

People do put shame on it though as if problems don't happen and it's awful. I think that is really applicable to everyday life - you should never judge someone... you don't know their capabilities or their problems so... it's best to get to know someone first.

The New Testament is definately the shining part of the Bible. That's the difficulty I find with the Bible, is that the old and new contrast quite alot. If I were to choose any part, it would be the NT.

People do put shame on it though as if problems don't happen and it's awful. I think that is really applicable to everyday life - you should never judge someone... you don't know their capabilities or their problems so... it's best to get to know someone first.

This is so True, Snuggle, but yet so difficult to practice. I do try to be nonjudgemental but then , WHAM, out of the blue, something will just get under m;y skin, and all i want to do is rant and rave.
I think in times like these i need to walk more.
I find that walking helps clear my head , that and talking to God, whilst Im walking.

Snugglepuff, thank you for sharing. I am glad you were able to find some balance and meaning in a challenging situation. I hope your future family will be the one of your dream

That's absolutely wonderful. Another great example of family working even when distance could divide you. And even more wonderful when you've got the grandparents chipping in... I love the sense of family I have and I can imagine you do too.

Wish my mother and father would be on more talkable terms though. When it comes to money they get a bit heated but otherwise, they're ok lol.
Snug, nothing is perfect, nor is anyone. It wasn't always easy, and there were many tears or fists against the wall. Like the five stages of death, we have to go through each stage in the death of a marriage...and sometimes we have to re-hash stages we went through before...but it does work. We still have relationships that will never end. There will always be a silver chord tied between us and those who matter to us (or mattered to us). That is why there is no such thing as a "clean break". So, it is good when the relationships can be at least partially repaired, and bad when they can not (for what ever reason).

once we open up to someone, it is nigh impossible to close that part of life out of mind and heart. So the better thing is to learn from it and consider it a great lesson in this wonderful life...

soleil10, let's face it, you've boiled the entire problems of the world into a non-sequitur issue of sexuality.Not agreeing with homosexuality I can comprehend, but you really do have a rabid homophobia that is quite disturbing.I mean, seriously - homofascism? Where do you get this terminology?

Brian, I can understand where you are coming from and the impression you have on the comments I have made. I am not homophobe and the majority of homosexuals are not involved in intolerance and fascist activities but I have done my own research and seen with my own eyes what I am saying.

Fascism didn't die in Nazi Germany, it has reappeared in the USA with the Human Rights Campaign who want to legislate homosexuality and then silence those who oppose it, one way or the other. It is happening right now and the media is supporting it.

I suggest that you read the pink swastika (2004 edition) by by Scott Lively, Kevin Abrams, and Kevin E. Abrams

Marsh, I do not think I took your words out of context at all.......You can try to say that you were making a free speech argument, but that is not what the debate was really about, and I think you know it. No one was advocating for taking away Soleils right to free speech, so there was nothing for you to defend. Then you went on for several posts about how you will give your opinion in an anonomous forum but are too polite to give them in public...........It seems like now you are saying that you disagree with Soleil about something. Do you want to explain what your disagreement with Soleil is about ?

You've misunderstood, Avi. See, the issue is not as clear cut as saying I'm on CZ's side or Soleil's side. Yes, I believe that homosexuality likely did not exist at the moment of creation, because I believe it was God's intent that men should be with women instead of with other men. Thus, if normal can be defined as consistent with God's purpose, then I believe homosexuality is not normal.

HOWEVER, Soleil takes this issue a step or twenty farther by saying that homosexuality is at war against..... well, God. And I don't believe that this is true. I asked you to consider my original post, in which I said...

Marshy said:
By the way, if one keeps one's nose out of other peoples' business, one may find that said cultural war existeth not.

I have the right to an opinion, but I'm not in the business of telling others how to live their lives. I showed my support to Soleil because I felt Soleil was under attack not only because of the phrasing of the opinions expressed, but because of the opinions themselves. I am a firm opponent of political correctness, and feel that everyone should be able to say what they want, and the rest of us can sort out the merit of their ideas. The reference to homophobes and rats running in packs was a clear shot at character, rather than at ideas; excuse me for having empathy, I guess. Personally, I think empathy is a good thing, though, so I'm not ashamed of chiming in on Soleil's behalf. It also doesn't mean that I've taken Soleil's side; like I said, it's not an either-or issue, and classifying me as a homophobe simply because I have an unpopular opinion on the subject would be, I feel, extremely unfair.

On that note, you've been hinting at something that I would like to address: the fact that I voice my opinion anonymously. That's pretty funny, because while other people come up with clever handles to shield their true identities, my name actually is Marsh-- Marshall, actually. I was under the impression that we were all entitled to our opinions and privacy on this forum, but if you think it's necessary for me and anyone else who has this particular view to publish their personal information, I shall do so.

On a related note, will we also be requiring everyone to declare their sexuality as a prerequisite to posting on this forum?

Yes, I believe that homosexuality likely did not exist at the moment of creation, because I believe it was God's intent that men should be with women instead of with other men. Thus, if normal can be defined as consistent with God's purpose, then I believe homosexuality is not normal.
In Genesis 2 we have man created... Not to be with woman...just man. But then G!d didn't see it fitting so he created helpers or a helpmeet for man...but man did not find a good helpmeet. Then he created woman.

Now Gen 1 he creates man and woman together...but Gen 2 it is first man alone until G!d sees that it aint workin... So then G!d trys a bunch of animals, and Adam tries all the animals..but doesn't find a mate...so G!d puts him to sleep and takes a rib and out of man creates woman.

(ps, always thought you was a woman....seems I'm often wrong on these things)

Brian, I can understand where you are coming from and the impression you have on the comments I have made. I am not homophobe and the majority of homosexuals are not involved in intolerance and fascist activities but I have done my own research and seen with my own eyes what I am saying.

Fascism didn't die in Nazi Germany, it has reappeared in the USA with the Human Rights Campaign who want to legislate homosexuality and then silence those who oppose it, one way or the other. It is happening right now and the media is supporting it.

I suggest that you read the pink swastika (2004 edition) by by Scott Lively, Kevin Abrams, and Kevin E. Abrams

Strange - the Nazis are not usually associated with promoting gay rights. I can only presume the KKK are still in the closet. :)

In Genesis 2 we have man created... Not to be with woman...just man. But then G!d didn't see it fitting so he created helpers or a helpmeet for man...but man did not find a good helpmeet. Then he created woman.Now Gen 1 he creates man and woman together...but Gen 2 it is first man alone until G!d sees that it aint workin... So then G!d trys a bunch of animals, and Adam tries all the animals..but doesn't find a mate...so G!d puts him to sleep and takes a rib and out of man creates woman.

Don't you think God at the ending in mind before he started to create.

The whole creation is made in the image of Adam and Eve.

We are the microcosm and the world is the macrocosm.

You've misunderstood, Avi. See, the issue is not as clear cut as saying I'm on CZ's side or Soleil's side. Yes, I believe that homosexuality likely did not exist at the moment of creation, because I believe it was God's intent that men should be with women instead of with other men. Thus, if normal can be defined as consistent with God's purpose, then I believe homosexuality is not normal.

HOWEVER, Soleil takes this issue a step or twenty farther by saying that homosexuality is at war against..... well, God. And I don't believe that this is true. I asked you to consider my original post, in which I said...

I have the right to an opinion, but I'm not in the business of telling others how to live their lives. I showed my support to Soleil because I felt Soleil was under attack not only because of the phrasing of the opinions expressed, but because of the opinions themselves. I am a firm opponent of political correctness, and feel that everyone should be able to say what they want, and the rest of us can sort out the merit of their ideas. The reference to homophobes and rats running in packs was a clear shot at character, rather than at ideas; excuse me for having empathy, I guess. Personally, I think empathy is a good thing, though, so I'm not ashamed of chiming in on Soleil's behalf. It also doesn't mean that I've taken Soleil's side; like I said, it's not an either-or issue, and classifying me as a homophobe simply because I have an unpopular opinion on the subject would be, I feel, extremely unfair.

On that note, you've been hinting at something that I would like to address: the fact that I voice my opinion anonymously. That's pretty funny, because while other people come up with clever handles to shield their true identities, my name actually is Marsh-- Marshall, actually. I was under the impression that we were all entitled to our opinions and privacy on this forum, but if you think it's necessary for me and anyone else who has this particular view to publish their personal information, I shall do so.

On a related note, will we also be requiring everyone to declare their sexuality as a prerequisite to posting on this forum?

Marsh, I don't think we made it to the same way of thinking on this one, but at least we tried. I will see you on the next thread.

By the way, I am not suggesting that you put personal information on an internet forum. In my opinion, people do far too much of that than is needed !!

I was not lying.
Liar.
Your post pretending to describe the contents of the recent Congressional enactment contained not one true statement about it. You have consistently continued to be dishonest as well as vicious in all of your postings.

The whole creation is made in the image of Adam and Eve.
Chapter and verse please.

Liar.
Your post pretending to describe the contents of the recent Congressional enactment contained not one true statement about it. You have consistently continued to be dishonest as well as vicious in all of your postings.
And lso a bit on the unBiblical side.

Liar.

I stand by what I wrote.

Can we try and avoid outright accusations of lying, please? I'm sure there are less confrontational ways or disagreeing. :)

and it still appears to me that your answer to the title of your thread could very well be in the mirror.
Are you saying that Christianity is loosing the cultural war because of me ?

Back