Why is Christianity loosing the cultural war ?

Unless you think it is related to the crime.
No, unless it IS speech which is about the crime of violence in question. Either you are incapable of reading, or you are simply incapable of speaking truth without twisting words. This clause is all about EXCLUDING "hate speech" from being introduced into a case, even if under the existing laws it would have been considered relevant evidence; it is an alteration of the original text of the statute, even though the original statute had nothing to do with "hate speech" in the first place, in an attempt to satisfy people like you; but there is no satisfying you, obviously, so it was a wasted effort.
And it has come to light that this crime was not a hate crime against an homosexual to begin with.
That's a flatout lie, which does not become any truer for being often repeated. The perpetrators were entirely explicit throughout the trial that they killed Matthew Sheperd for his sexuality; the only basis of the defense was that they had a "right" to kill him, supposedly for coming on to them.
Anyway, Box, I have no hate against you.
Liar. You will not even address me by name, what is up with that?
At one point I was willing to assume that you have just been lied to, over and over, until you can't believe anything else, but it is becoming clear that you are an intentional liar. You cannot speak the truth because no truth is in you. You are of the Father of Lies, who was a murderer from the beginning, and the works of your father you do.
I would appreciate that you stop mistreating me.
I have not mistreated you in any way. I am sick to death of Christians who think no-one is allowed to disagree with them or tell them when they are in the wrong.

I am sick to death of Christians who think no-one is allowed to disagree with them or tell them when they are in the wrong.
So what brand of arogant division do you support? Never have found that out....explicitly. So you can be nailed to it..... ;)

homofascists_4004.jpg
Citizenzen, do you have a wife and children ?

Soleil, I have been reading through this thread and I am getting that creepy feeling again. So I have a few questions (and comments) for you:

1) What does interfaith dialogue mean to you ? Does it mean gay bashing ?

2) Are you a homophobe ? I thought one thread was bad enough, now I see we have another one here.

3) Do you consider yourself a "Fundamentalist" ? I think you are baseless.

4) The thing that really bothers me about this thread is that you are doing your bashing more subtly, more steathily, in the dark, behind the scenes.

5) What are your views of other religions ?

6) I do not like the way you use the term "homofascist". :mad:

Avi, you think soleil10 is being subtle and stealthy? :eek:

Yes, CZ, I think Soleil is being subtle and stealthy. You watch, if Soleil responds to my comments at all, he will deny that he is homophobic and a gay basher. He will tell us that he is just doing what the Bible tells him.

I have read enough OT and NT to know that neither book condones hatred of homosexuals. Furthermore, phobias usually run in packs (like rats) and I suspect there are other ones there as well.

People drive by churches everyday and live where they can see the steeples pointing to a Higher Power, but they don't go to church because they are sick of being told about God and what He dislikes. They want to know the Divine and not the negative mental projections of some uptight person with the gnawing vacuum of emptiness. People want to connect with God and His love and not just hear facts about God from someone who does not know God personally and thinks he/she knows what God dislikes. The people who have a relationship with God are pure and enlightened with love. These people have the temper of a Divine Life that extols a fervor and love that goes beyond that which can be expressed by the tongue. Christianity is loosing the cultural war because church leaders can't or are not satisfying the hunger for God and a Higher Power. They rant and rave about trivia that makes people bitter without love. Normal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:99.25pt 85.05pt 85.05pt 85.05pt; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->Their words irritate the mind that wants to know God.

Normal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:99.25pt 85.05pt 85.05pt 85.05pt; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;}

God is CSS? Now that's a religion that I can get behind!

Soleil, I have been reading through this thread and I am getting that creepy feeling again. So I have a few questions (and comments) for you:1) What does interfaith dialogue mean to you ? Does it mean gay bashing ?
Hi Avi. I am open to to other religions beside my own beliefs. I did study some Islam and Buddhism with an Imam and a tibetan lama. I like to understand the common points and difference between religions.
Initially, before the human fall, God did not plan to create religion.
The only institution, he created is the family.
Interfaith dialogue does not mean gay bashing. If you look at my initial post, you can see that clearly.

) Are you a homophobe ? I thought one thread was bad enough, now I see we have another one here.
I do not know what other thread you are talking about. Homophobe is a tactical word used to shame people that do not agree with homosexuality. It is part of the strategy to silence people.

) Do you consider yourself a "Fundamentalist" ? I think you are baseless.
I do not know what you mean by the label fundamentalist. My concern is about the human right of children.

) The thing that really bothers me about this thread is that you are doing your bashing more subtly, more steathily, in the dark, behind the scenes.
?

) I do not like the way you use the term "homofascist". :mad:
Well, I think that it has to be exposed big time and brought to light.

Homophobe is a tactical word used to shame people that do not agree with homosexuality.

Likewise, Homofascist is a tactical word used to shame people that do agree with homosexuality.

You don't seem too bothered using that "tactical word".

Are you one of those, "can dish it out, but can't take it" types?

I did study some Islam and Buddhism with an Imam and a tibetan lama. I like to understand the common points and difference between religions.
Soleil, just out of curiousity are you originally from Iran or one of the other Muslim countries in the Middle East ?

I think it is good that you are interested in the common points and differences between religions. When you identify these differences between religions how do you think they should be dealt with ? Do you think we should create laws to make sure that the population obeys the Biblical laws for family purity ?

Originally Posted by Avi1223
Are you a homophobe ?

Soleil:
Homophobe is a tactical word used to shame people that do not agree with homosexuality. It is part of the strategy to silence people.

When you talk about "people that do not agree with homosexuality", can you please explain what you mean ? Do you mean that you do not believe homosexuality exists ? I remember last year when Ahmadinejad of Iran said that in his country homosexuality does not exist and I am wondering if that is the perspective that you are coming from.

Or do you mean that we should not give homosexuals equal rights ?

Or do you have another meaning for "do not agree with homosexuality" ?

My own view of how to deal with homophobia is to educate homophobics not to silence them. However, the first step in education is learning how to listen.

R Why is Christianity loosing the cultural war ?

Soleil, just out of curiousity are you originally from Iran or one of the other Muslim countries in the Middle East ?
no

think it is good that you are interested in the common points and differences between religions. When you identify these differences between religions how do you think they should be dealt with ? Do you think we should create laws to make sure that the population obeys the Biblical laws for family purity ?
God inspired religions at different time periods and adapted to different culture.
I consider religions like a family.
Buddhism is like the mother (compassion), Islam is like the father (rewards and punishment), Christianity is like the child (love and miracle), Judaism is like the grand parents (tradition). We are still waiting for the parent religion.

Societies reflect the religions and cultures of an area. In democracy, there is a consensus based on the people voting. The people vote on all kind of things.
A society is going to prosper or decline based on its values.
From experience, we know that sex out of marriage has a lot of consequences. The breakdown of the family is costing $billions every year. America's values are changing (especially during the last 50 years.) We are now declining rapidly even if still many people are in denial and hope for the best. We need to ask ourselves why. Politicians are not doing it. They just want more money to create more programs that often do not work

Freedom without responsibility ends up as slavery. America now is becoming dependent of other countries. We are broke.

you talk about "people that do not agree with homosexuality", can you please explain what you mean ? Do you mean that you do not believe homosexuality exists ? I remember last year when Ahmadinejad of Iran said that in his country homosexuality does not exist and I am wondering if that is the perspective that you are coming from.
Homosexuality, promiscuity, adultery etc exist since the human fall.

do you mean that we should not give homosexuals equal rights ?
Homosexuals have equal rights. They can marry. Redefining or hijacking marriage is a complete different issue. They should call it something else or they should refund every married couple their marriage licence and a new name for marriage should be created.
Forcing other people to change their world view and the meaning of their life is un-American. It is homofacism. It does not respect other. It violate equality itself.

do you have another meaning for "do not agree with homosexuality" ?
Homosexuality and heterosexuality is like oil and water. They are opposite. I think homosexuality is totally sexist and reject the other half of humanity. Anyway, you are going to accuse me of gay bashing so I will stop here

own view of how to deal with homophobia is to educate homophobics not to silence them. However, the first step in education is learning how to listen.
You know what I think of homophobia already.

I am open to listen.

Quote Soleil
From experience, we know that sex out of marriage has a lot of consequences. The breakdown of the family is costing $billions every year....

...freedom without responsibility ends up as slavery. America now is becoming dependent of other countries. We are broke.

Are you suggesting that our economic problems are due to homosexuality ? You have got to be kidding.

How about lack of controls on our banking system for the last 12 years ? What about producing cars that are not competative ? Please, you are looking more like gay bashing than the simple homophobe that I thought you were.

Quote:
do you mean that we should not give homosexuals equal rights ?

Quote Soleil,
Homosexuals have equal rights.

You have to be kidding again. You have obviously never known a homosexual otherwise you would not say this.

Quote:
do you have another meaning for "do not agree with homosexuality" ?

Quote Soleil
I think homosexuality is totally sexist and reject the other half of humanity. Anyway, you are going to accuse me of gay bashing so I will stop here

What ?? By your reasoning all heterosexuals are also sexist because they also reject the other half of humanity. This is ridiculous illogic :eek:

Accuse you of gay bashing ? Why would I possibly do that :( ?

I was going to show you some data that indicates that homosexuality is genetically predisposed and not simply a choice, but Soleil, I am going to stop discussing this with you. I do not think I will be able to affect your thinking one iota.

Peace.

Oh, and before you ask, I have a wife and kids, but not as many cats as CZ. :p

I just like to fight for equality for all minorities :D. Isn't that what G-d wants ? :)

Re: Why is Christianity loosing the cultural war ?a

I just like to fight for equality of all minorities :D.

In other words, a homofascist.

Avi, don't you realize how unfair it is to force others to live amongst gays? ;)

Re: Why is Christianity loosing the cultural war ?a

In other words, a homfascist.

Avi, don't you realize how unfair it is to force others to live amongst gays? ;)

Or amongst all those cats :D

By the way, CZ, are you sure your cats are heterosexual :)?

Or are they homofelines ??? Or do you think Soleil is felineophobic too :)

Likewise, Homofascist is a tactical word used to shame people that do agree with homosexuality.
You don't seem too bothered using that "tactical word".
Are you one of those, "can dish it out, but can't take it" types?

By the way,Citizen, I use the word homofacism as an ideology.

You are pushing the word homofacist. I dont

Quote Soleil
Are you suggesting that our economic problems are due to homosexuality ? You have got to be kidding.
How about lack of controls on our banking system for the last 12 years ? What about producing cars that are not competative ? Please, you are looking more like gay bashing than the simple homophobe that I thought you were.
If you read my post, I have included many causes to the breakdown of the family. You are trying to monsterize me into someone that fit your template. You absolutely want to use the I am a victim syndrome.

have to be kidding again. You have obviously never known a homosexual otherwise you would not say this.
Here again, I spoke about equality in the context of access to marriage. Your are twisting my words.

?? By your reasoning all heterosexuals are also sexist because they also reject the other half of humanity. This is ridiculous illogic :eek:
Your are grasping for straws here. Marriage is the only union under the law that bring each half of humanity together. Within marriage, a man and a woman can procreate their own children as the fruit of their love and raise them within the commitment and responsibility of marriage as their own father and a mother. It it needed for the greater good of society. Many counties understand that and want to protect marriage. As the family goes, so the nation.

you of gay bashing ? Why would I possibly do that :( ? .I was going to show you some data that indicates that homosexuality is genetically predisposed and not simply a choice, but Soleil, I am going to stop discussing this with you. I do not think I will be able to affect your thinking one iota. Peace.
The APA who has been misleading Americans for so long had to admit recently that they had no prove that homosexuality was genetic. It was all over the news.

AVI, Peace to you too

Back