R.i.p

michael jackon, an alledged paedophile, who contributed NOTHING to the world of any real merit beyond a few cheap songs, even though he pretended to want to heal the world...

let's keep it in perspective, folks...

I agree, why I made no mention of him.... was trying something out someone told me about the other day.. TACT.... dont know what people see in it myself :p

well at least the governor of South Carolina is happy, he's so far off the front page he's considering booking another trip to Argentina..

michael jackon, an alledged paedophile, who contributed NOTHING to the world of any real merit beyond a few cheap songs, even though he pretended to want to heal the world...

still more than you :D

No one is more or less than anyone else, which is one reason I'm not concerned with his death.

As someone said earlier in the thread, people die every day.

Michael is just one more to join that club.

He made gave us a very immediate and contemporary take on Afro American music, which is one of the most vital musics ever.

lol saint wil :eek:
I ain't no saint. But in my belief system, they've moved on from this earth, and I do feel for their families. But I do not believe they are worth taking our focus off the tragedies that occur right now in this world than to go all agog about their deaths. They do not stand above the rest imo. (I wouldn't waste time to change my avatar):D

still more than you :D
Oh how nice. And please to tell us what this young man that squandered millions on trains and elephants and giraffes in Neverland did... I'm sure there are many charities who benefitted largely for the small portion of his wealth that he provided... But he did love to sleep with the little white boys didn't he... good thing all those songs makes that all go away...

Wil,
But he did love to sleep with the little white boys didn't he... good thing all those songs makes that all go away...
[edit] Verdict
At approximately 2:25pm PDT (21:25 UTC) on June 13, 2005 the jury of the Superior Court of the State of California, held in and for the County of Santa Barbara, determined that Michael Jackson was not guilty on any of the charges he had been accused with. The not guilty verdicts on all ten charges, including four lesser substitute charges, were read aloud by court clerk Lorna Frye.
People v. Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He made gave us a very immediate and contemporary take on Afro American music, which is one of the most vital musics ever.
lol, Al Sharpton said that he crossed the barrier in music bringing Black entertainers into the white world long before Oprah.

I guess Al forgets about Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, Aretha Franklin, Pearl Bailey, Ray Charles....ah the list goes on...of people I would play before I even considered a Michael Jackson song...

Wil,

[edit] Verdict
At approximately 2:25pm PDT (21:25 UTC) on June 13, 2005 the jury of the Superior Court of the State of California, held in and for the County of Santa Barbara, determined that Michael Jackson was not guilty on any of the charges he had been accused with. The not guilty verdicts on all ten charges, including four lesser substitute charges, were read aloud by court clerk Lorna Frye.
Namaste Netti,

Although I don't know how this pertains to me.

Did I say he was a pedophile?? (I may think it) Did I say he was guilty of any charges? (I may think it). Did I say he was a pervert? Michael admitted to SLEEPING with and having in his bed many little white boys...no not girls and not black kids..."I love the children, we just cuddle". Sleepovers and parties with little children were his thing...

I did not say anything he didn't openly state.

Namaste Wil

Namaste Netti,

Although I don't know how this pertains to me.

Did I say he was a pedophile?? (I may think it) Did I say he was guilty of any charges? (I may think it). Did I say he was a pervert? Michael admitted to SLEEPING with and having in his bed many little white boys...no not girls and not black kids..."I love the children, we just cuddle". Sleepovers and parties with little children were his thing...

I did not say anything he didn't openly state.
Sometimes imagery is substituted for facts. I have a general concern about that.

Wil,

[edit] Verdict

And O.J. didn't carve up Ron and Nicole. :rolleyes:

I have been watching a few of the Michael Jackson videos the last couple of days on YouTube and I believe he is one of the most talented pop musicans of this generation. He was in the same league as Elvis.

His inate sense of sound, dance, and lyric are monumental !!

I think it is not surprising that someone so incredibly talented in one area would have a hard time dealing with other aspects of life. He was simply out of balance.

That makes a lot of sense, Avi. Also, it seems so weird that fame ruins people. There is something unnatural about it.

l agree, l loved the jackson 5, they were a breath of fresh air yet continued a long tradition of fantastic soul music turned pop at a time when there was a lot of drivel about [saying that david cassidy actually sounds ok now!].

l wasn't a fanfan of micheal solo but l grew up in the same time- world as him when anything went; he went neverland and somehow took a wrong turn [how l felt about marvin gaye actually].

so he was symptomatic of a lot of wierdness happenin in the 70's.

the zoohype will continue concerning the reasons of his dying so young.

I remember seeing a doc about MJ by a BBC reporter, Raggi Omar (?). Michael Jackson came off as an entirely self-indulgent idiot with no redeeming qualities. But I have some sympathy for him...his psyche was knobbled as a child by a wicked father. he may have had a certain questionable talent but he was by any modern standard a pervert that used his money to indulge in behaviour any joe ordinary would have been imprisoned for. Truth is his contribution to music was already history and he probably saved himself even more embarassment and shame by never embarking on the upcoming tour.

That makes a lot of sense, Avi. Also, it seems so weird that fame ruins people. There is something unnatural about it.

Although it doesn't ruin everybody, I think it has a lot to do with the heart.

A reporter that had a long time relationship with the Jackson family said that things with Michael changed after the world-wide phenomenal success of Thriller.

Steve Harvey said when you've got giraffe money you are in whole different category.

A friend indicated to me that he thought his (Michael's) life was just screwed up ten ways from Sunday...from being a child star, his parents giving him hormone shots to keep his voice from changing...to the Pepsi commercial accident which he thought caused necrosis on his nose...and the money...and the enterauge...just a whole slew of things that came together to cause a world of change in a human.

I suppose all things most of us will never fathom.

His life was an amazing mix of brilliance and a sad alienation from himself, (his own skin literally), and most of humanity. earl

Back