Absolutely stupid quotes

More silly quotes:

If smoking is bad for you how come it cures hams.:D

A womans work is never done, because a man has to go at her back and finish the job properly:rolleyes:

Fun quotes from our former (thank God!) Prez:

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

"I think it was in the Rose Garden where I issued this brilliant statement: If I had a magic wand -- but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just can't say, 'low gas.'" --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., July 15, 2008

"Amigo! Amigo!" --George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Spanish at the G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

There are too many... but this is my fav:

Bushism: OB-GYNs Practice Their Love - Audio Clip

I'm afraid if we continue with Bushisms than we will have the longest thread on record. I have two waaaaayyyyy right Reupublicans in my office and for three years gave them the 365 day peel off daily Bushism calendars with a different quote on every page.

They both read them dutifuly much to their chagrine.

To be fair to far right Republicans everywhere, Bush is one of the most inarticulate of the lot that I've ever met. So it isn't fair to judge the far right by their former leader.

It's been speculated that Bush actually has some sort of cognitive illness going on that has increasingly impeded his speech. If you look at clips of him from before the Presidency, he was not nearly so poor a speaker, though he was never really great. If he is reported one day to have some illness, then I will feel bad that I made fun of him, but I will not feel bad that I think he was a lousy President. However, if he is just careless and lazy in his speech-making, then he deserves the Bushism following.

I have the Bushism coasters, by the way.

"To run an office you need men and women. Know why? Because you need to have that crazy sexual tension to keep things interesting."

--Character named Michael from US version of The Office: season two episode 15, "Boys and Girls"

No, Digory. Men like me, who possess hidden wisdom, are freed from common rules just as we are cut off from common pleasures. Ours, my boy, is a high and lonely destiny.

--Andrew, Digory's uncle
Pg 21 of The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis

To be fair to far right Republicans everywhere, Bush is one of the most inarticulate of the lot that I've ever met. So it isn't fair to judge the far right by their former leader.

Maybe George W. Bush was really a comedian who joked his way through the American election and somehow got elected as President! I thought George W. Bush's speeches were some of the funniest jokes I had heard in a long time!

It's been speculated that Bush actually has some sort of cognitive illness going on that has increasingly impeded his speech. If you look at clips of him from before the Presidency, he was not nearly so poor a speaker, though he was never really great. If he is reported one day to have some illness, then I will feel bad that I made fun of him, but I will not feel bad that I think he was a lousy President.

Well, if George dubya was a comedian, maybe he fooled all of us!:rolleyes::eek:

It's like Charles Logan in 24: "Bauer's lied to us all day and played us all for fools." It looked like, for a while to the White House that Bauer was the enemy of the U.S. when it was really Charles Logan himself! If you ever want someone to sabotage your country, the easiest way is to have him elected as President!

George dubya has really gone a long way to destroying America's reputation, dignity and self-respect.

Charles Logan started off as a weak and ineffectual President but ended up being perhaps the most crafty, cunning, sinister and devious characters in 24. I think very often it's hard to be a "good" President but very easy to be a "bad" one!:eek::D

I'm assuming that many of you have watched 24.

The fool had no rank. It could be played on any suit, allowing a player to save a more valuable triumph card for later play: in France it was called the excuse. Once the fool was played, the next player could play any suit and that suit determined the trick. After the trick, the player who had the fool could exchange it for any card in his or her hand, so it could be played more than once: it had no rank, but lots of power!
Hey Salty, the fact is that you and I have no say in who becomes president. Did we really have any idea who Bush, Clinton, or Obama were before they ran for election? They keep playing the excuse card on us, and you and I will never know who we are voting for.

If you think we are worked by strings,
Like a Japanese marionette,
You don't understand these things:
It is simply Court etiquette.

--The Mikado (The Gentlemen of Japan opening song)
The play actually criticized the head-nodding in parliamentary politics of that era and was not really about Japan. Its still a valuable criticism today, but the quote is still kind of stupid sounding.
YouTube - Stratford Festival 1982--"The Mikado" Gentlemen from Japan

Yes the far right are everywhere...and if we want stupid quotes we could take them right off their signs or out of their mouths at health care town meetings...

But Bush....the far right wants nothing to do with him, he did not display a conservative or right front as a president...I think he is one of those enigmas wrapped in a riddle to everyone, even his dad.

"According to the map we've only gone 4 inches."

Dumb & Dumber (ftw baby!)

That's what's so funny! You've given everything away! I know where the poison is! And I choose....

"Is my car supposed to smoke like that?"

"Hey! Watch this!" (right before doing something utterly stupid)

"It'll be fine." (right before the car being worked on falls off the lift.) Right after it falls off, "Oops."

"What's this do?"

"Is that [insert cut of beef] vegetarian?"

"Ham and cheese blintzes are kosher. They are blintzes, after all."

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Back