Jesus is not God....part 2

i like the bibles answer it is more trustworthy:)
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.psalm 83;18

That really doesn't work very well. Psalm 83 is a prayer for deliverance from national enemies and v.18 is just the hope that God will prove he's the top man by defeating those enemies. So, take your choice: poetic bragging rights or theological literature — oh! gee! they're the same thing. LOL

Liar (lol) You like to hear what you want to hear, and that is all. The BIBLE states nothing that you claim it states. You bring no one to heaven here Mee, because no one but you gets to heaven, with the rest getting second best...that's ok with me though. I don't want your version of heaven.

i like to hear what the bible teaches and that is all, yes you are quite right to say that i bring no one to heaven , that is not my Job . and my hope is not to go to heaven, but to inherit the earth . and i am a work in progress. matthew 5;5 and the rest can have a chance to inherit a paradise earth in peaceful ways as well .
But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. psalm 37;11

and yes it is GOODNEWS . Its all happening in these the last days , putting ourselves on the side of Jesus and Gods kingdom is the thing to do. but responding in the correct way to GOODNEWS is the thing to do . i am waving my symbolic palm branch.

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14

and i am joining in the heralding of the Goodnews along with a GREAT CROWD of others from all nations REVELATION 7;9-10

but as you say many do not respond to GOODNEWS

That really doesn't work very well. Psalm 83 is a prayer for deliverance from national enemies and v.18 is just the hope that God will prove he's the top man by defeating those enemies. So, take your choice: poetic bragging rights or theological literature — oh! gee! they're the same thing. LOL
yes Gods name has great meaning , HE CAUSES TO BECOME and in the end people will have to know that he is Jehovah . and he is the top one , or even the most high .

God’s name identifies him as the One who progressively fulfills his promises and unfailingly realizes his purposes. Only the true God could bear such a meaningful name.

they make a religion out of His name yet they dont know Him at all

knowing God’s name means learning what that name represents and worshiping the God who possesses it.

A description of his qualities: a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness and truth.

“Those knowing your name will trust in you, for you will certainly not leave those looking for you, O Jehovah.”—Psalm 9:10.

I am thinking that Jw's might be guilty of idol worship... worshipping the name and not God Himself.
well his name does mean ....HE CAUSES TO BECOME..... so when he promises things in his word the bible ,it will come to pass , so i think he is worth worshiping . and in the past his promises always came true and his promises will come to be in the future also.

Now, look! I am going today in the way of all the earth, and YOU well know with all YOUR hearts and with all YOUR souls that not one word out of all the good words that Jehovah YOUR God has spoken to YOU has failed. They have all come true for YOU. Not one word of them has failed.
Joshua 23:14

(Joshua 21:45) Not a promise failed out of all the good promise that Jehovah had made to the house of Israel; it all came true.

(1 Kings 8:56) “Blessed be Jehovah, who has given a resting-place to his people Israel according to all that he has promised. There has not failed one word of all his good promise that he has promised by means of Moses his servant.

but for us now ,the promise of a paradise earth is what will come to be.

“Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth. matthew 5;5

But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. psalm 37;11

I am thinking that Jw's might be guilty of idol worship... worshipping the name and not God Himself.

So did the Samaritans, but God blessed them anyway, because they worshipped what they did not understand...

so rather than smirk, shouldn't we be trying to educate?

just a thought.

Josh

So did the Samaritans, but God blessed them anyway, because they worshipped what they did not understand...

so rather than smirk, shouldn't we be trying to educate?

just a thought.

Josh

the trouble with those Samaritans of the first century C.E. They accepted the inspired Pentateuch as written by the prophet Moses. But they stubbornly refused to accept the further revelation of Jehovah God as contained in the remaining thirty-four books of the inspired Hebrew Scriptures.

They did not accept the up-to-date historical record of God’s activities and truth.

Yes, the way you worship really matters with God. As far as he is concerned, there is only one true religion. (Ephesians 4:4-6)

the trouble with those Samaritans of the first century C.E. They accepted the inspired Pentateuch as written by the prophet Moses. But they stubbornly refused to accept the further revelation of Jehovah God as contained in the remaining thirty-four books of the inspired Hebrew Scriptures.

They did not accept the up-to-date historical record of God’s activities and truth.

Yes, the way you worship really matters with God. As far as he is concerned, there is only one true religion. (Ephesians 4:4-6)

Yep, the ONLY religion that God accepts as pure and unadulterated:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]The kind of religion (worship) that God accepts is this: caring for orphans or widows who need help, and keeping yourself free from the world's {evil} influence. This is the kind of religion (worship) that God accepts as pure and good.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]James 1:27 (ERV)[/FONT]​

Yep, the ONLY religion that God accepts as pure and unadulterated:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]The kind of religion (worship) that God accepts is this: caring for orphans or widows who need help, and keeping yourself free from the world's {evil} influence. This is the kind of religion (worship) that God accepts as pure and good.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]James 1:27[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial] (ERV)[/FONT]​
very true ,

The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.James 1;27

keeping ourselves without spot from the world can sometimes be a hard job to do ,especially when others influence us to do the opposite , yes our worship should be pure worship with no contamination .

(Revelation 18:4) And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her,(BABYLON THE GREAT) my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.

Yes we have to be careful that we are out of her(Babylon the great)

we also have to be careful that we do not play spiritual adultery.

Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God..... James 4;4

very true ,

The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.James 1;27

keeping ourselves without spot from the world can sometimes be a hard job to do ,especially when others influence us to do the opposite , yes our worship should be pure worship with no contamination .

(Revelation 18:4) And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her,(BABYLON THE GREAT) my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.

Yes we have to be careful that we are out of her(Babylon the great)

we also have to be careful that we do not play spiritual adultery.

Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God..... James 4;4

No. The ONLY religion God accepts as pure is the the one James noted. There is no other religion that is accepted. Not in the whole of the bible. You can't tag addenums onto what I said, like a congressman attaching clauses to a bill for approval before the president...it just gets vetoed.

"Often a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances . . . and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all that we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, lest the unbeliever see only ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn." — St. Augustine, "De Genesi ad litteram libri duodecim" (The Literal Meaning of Genesis)

Basically St Augustine is saying that "reason" needs to be applied to the interpretation of Scripture and that quoting Scripture to those who do not recognize "The Good Book" as authoritative is not only useless but it also embarrasses the Church.

"Often a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances . . . and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all that we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, lest the unbeliever see only ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn." — St. Augustine, "De Genesi ad litteram libri duodecim" (The Literal Meaning of Genesis)

Basically St Augustine is saying that "reason" needs to be applied to the interpretation of Scripture and that quoting Scripture to those who do not recognize "The Good Book" as authoritative is not only useless but it also embarrasses the Church.

No, what he was saying was that science without faith is lame, and faith without science is blind...what say you?, and welcome to CR.

v/r

Q

No. The ONLY religion God accepts as pure is the the one James noted. There is no other religion that is accepted. Not in the whole of the bible. You can't tag addenums onto what I said, like a congressman attaching clauses to a bill for approval before the president...it just gets vetoed.

yes keeping oneself without spot from the world , as peter said.

(1 Peter 3:11) but let him turn away from what is bad and do what is good; let him seek peace and pursue it.

Moreover, the fruit of righteousness has its seed sown under peaceful conditions for those who are making peace. James 3;18

No, what he was saying was that science without faith is lame, and faith without science is blind...what say you?, and welcome to CR. Q

Sometimes it helps to read what the text says rather than what one interpretes the text as saying according to personal beliefs. In other words, what part of ...

"It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things (scientific observations), claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture." ...

don't you understand?

:eek: hello every body,
As a matter of a fact, the issue of trinity is one of the most crucial issues in Christianity. let s now try to examine this issue under the light of reason and logic.......ok??/:eek:
Benedict de Spinoza, one of the most famous philosopher of realigion,is known by his dependence on logic in dealing with the religious scriptures. look at what he said:{ ....in short, i am astonished that anyone should wish to subject reason, the greatest of gifts and a light from on high, to the dead letter which may have been corrupted by human malice; that it should be thought no crime to speak with contempt of mind, the true handwriting of God s Word, calling it corrupt, blind, and lost, while it is further considered the greatest of crimes to say the some of the letter, which is merely the reflection and image of God s Word........what are they afraid of?do they think that faith and religion cant be upheld unless men purposely keep themselves in ignorance, and turn their backs on reason?if they be so, they have bt a timide trust in Scripture} {resource: the philosophy of religion:John A. Nicholson.}
so, let s not have timide trust in Scriptures....let s examine the trinity logically as well as historically......
may be u r wondering what is the relation of history to th trinity....there is a deep relation, actually. if u go back to history, u ll find that the origine of the trinity isnt coming from Jesus, it appeared with the emperor Costantine....so let s first agree that the trinity is an interpretation of the Word, and not a clear teaching....
Jesus is nt God?....well, let s look at the following proofs, then decide:
  1. if we believe that God is the father of Jesus, we find ourselves asking the following:
Does really God begat a son? this belief is very shameful, and disgraceful, for begetting is done through sexual experience.how can we believe that? how can we believe that God was involved in a sexual experience with one of His servants? oh...i m sorry to put such questions...bt we v to face, not to escape...the human reason and good sense naturally believe that there is no one like God, that he is the creator of all, and that he has thae supreme ability of doing anything He wants without being involved in the materialisic world of man...So, may be u r wondering how Jesus was born? the answer is simple and clear:if God was able to create Adam without neither a father nor a mother, so it impossible for Him to create Jesus without only a father?>///??? God has the supreme capacity of doing anything He wants....
2. Jesus: the son of God and at the same time God incarnate.
how can it be believed that God has a body like ours. that he eats, drinks, sleeps and does every man s actions which done also by animals......Ahmed Deedat, a comparative religion researcher, presents the following arguments.... Ahmed said that the Bible reveals that tha angels had already named Jesus by that name while he was still in his mother s womb. Deedat keeps wondering: " who was the one named by that name while ha was still in his mother s womb? he is Jesus?and the question in other way is "who was in the womb of Mary:Jesus or God?.....Deedat says: '" imagine there was amidwife besides Mary at the time of his birth,so that midwife was recieving between her hands a baby. thus, how can we believe that this helpless baby was a God.............
.............................i ve to go ....sorry... i l come back:eek:

:)....I m back....let s continue our discussion.....
Deedat continues presenting more arguments:Deedat said that the Bible reveals that Jesus was circumcised in his eight day{Luke:2:12}. Deedat wonders:" a God and an operation of circumcision is done to Him?>?????
for those who present Jesus s miricales as signs of his diety, they arent true...why? look at the following, Deedat says that " Jesus s power is borrowed from God, and it is nt his own. in the Bible, we find the Christ himself declares that his miracles are done through God s spirit." i can of mine own self do nothing....John 5:30" "i cast out devils by the Spirit of God.... {Matthew 12:28}....
what is most convincing is that Jesus himself never said" i m God" or " worship me" . HERE WE COME TO THE CENTER OF UR QUESTION......Deedat confidently confirms that there is no sentence in the sixtys six books which they form the Old Testament, wherein we find Jesus says:"i m God" or "worship me"
Thus, the question is how does Christianty says of Jesus s deity?Simply, by means of interpretation. in John 10:30, we find Jesus says: "I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE" .... this expression is misinterpreted bc it was interpreted it out of its context.
Through the context{ John chapter 10,verse 23-30}, Deedat simply shows that Jesus mens nothing by that verse, bt that he and God are one in purpose and goal which is people s remain in faith.

.......................i hope it s clear....i know that this issue was and is still controversial.......bt with discusion... and with view and thw other view, we can get closer to truth....
soory for writing so long........i know it makes one feel bored+ attention is lost...........
...........thank you for your time,......................
good luck:):eek:

If God manifested himself in a burning bush, which moses acknowledged, bowed down and worshiped. So it is with Christ, God manifested himself in the body of Christ, and those that acknowledged it was God speaking to them bowed down and worshiped, and rightly so. Though the body of Jesus was that of a man to die for our sins and to raise himself up again incorruptible, his holy spirit was that of the Father, and Jesus was not created in the sense of you and me having parents or like adam and eve being created from dust, but was sent from heaven, from God himself, being God from everlasting and made it known when he said before Abraham was I am, and who John the Baptist proclaimed as the lamb of God who existed before him.

Back