Jesus is not God....part 2

If God manifested himself in a burning bush, which moses acknowledged, bowed down and worshiped. So it is with Christ, God manifested himself in the body of Christ, and those that acknowledged it was God speaking to them bowed down and worshiped, and rightly so. Though the body of Jesus was that of a man to die for our sins and to raise himself up again incorruptible, his holy spirit was that of the Father, and Jesus was not created in the sense of you and me having parents or like adam and eve being created from dust, but was sent from heaven, from God himself, being God from everlasting and made it known when he said before Abraham was I am, and who John the Baptist proclaimed as the lamb of God who existed before him.
In the Gospels Jesus spoke to Moses, and Moses spoke to Jesus, and Jesus spoke to God, and God spoke to Jesus, and Jesus worshipped God, and Jesus taught to worship God. Yet from that, you don't claim that Moses was God, or God incarnate. Moses was dead, and yet still living, speaking with Jesus, and yet he was NOT called God. Jesus is dead, and yet still living, and he said if you will to do God's will, you are his brother. Therefore Jesus, like Moses, is a brother. God is God. You can talk with your brother, and you can talk with God, but why do those two get confused?

Lamb of God? John 21:15 ... Jesus saith unto him, "Feed my lambs."
If Jesus were God incarnate, and he saith to Peter, "Feed my lambs", then who defiantly disobeys Jesus and claims he is THE only LAMB? Are you going to feed Jesus? The alleged lamb of himself? A premise is in error, and all of the interpretation that follows it is in error, and the verbal defense of it is in error. The error is this: You are not really claiming that God was in Jesus. You are claiming that God is in nobody else. That error is huge... it is revealing.

To me, Jesus is God

To me, Jesus is the word of God manifested in the flesh, so that people have an example to follow.

God can be likened to the Sun, the believer to a mirror, and the Holy Spirit to the rays and heat reflecting from the Sun of reality. The Sun that is illuminating the world through the reflection of a spotless mirror, or manifestation, in which acts as an intercessor to God for mankind on earth, is the One being worshipped (John 10:30). So, if Jesus says, "I am God," He tells the truth, because the Revelation of God, His name and His attributes, are made manifest in the world through their Revelation (Kitáb-i-Íqán 196).

In the Gospels Jesus spoke to Moses, and Moses spoke to Jesus, and Jesus spoke to God, and God spoke to Jesus, and Jesus worshipped God, and Jesus taught to worship God. Yet from that, you don't claim that Moses was God, or God incarnate. Moses was dead, and yet still living, speaking with Jesus, and yet he was NOT called God. Jesus is dead, and yet still living, and he said if you will to do God's will, you are his brother. Therefore Jesus, like Moses, is a brother. God is God. You can talk with your brother, and you can talk with God, but why do those two get confused?

Lamb of God? John 21:15 ... Jesus saith unto him, "Feed my lambs."
If Jesus were God incarnate, and he saith to Peter, "Feed my lambs", then who defiantly disobeys Jesus and claims he is THE only LAMB? Are you going to feed Jesus? The alleged lamb of himself? A premise is in error, and all of the interpretation that follows it is in error, and the verbal defense of it is in error. The error is this: You are not really claiming that God was in Jesus. You are claiming that God is in nobody else. That error is huge... it is revealing.
moses was a corruptible man who god spoke to, but jesus is the son of god and when he spoke god spoke--he is the Word of God who was manifested in the flesh and raised in glory back to the father. moses delivered the people out of egypt, but jesus delivers from sin and death, because he is life and there is no other name in heaven by which any man can be saved. there is only one saviour, and that is the Lord jesus christ.

Peace, Mercy and Blessing be on all of you.

As a Muslim I wish you all Eid Mubarak,
As a member of a civilized civil society, Wish Merry X mass to all Christian fellow brothers and sisters.

Jesus =God , something unique proposition from my stand.
We are not programmed or tuned in such a way.
Naturally it is against our convicting and beyond understanding.
I would like to quote a verse from our Holy scripture “The Quran.”

Say, “O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you – that we will not worship except Allāh and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allāh." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]." Al-Ìmrán 3:64[/quote[
This our stand and we believe in mighty Prophet Jesus (Pbuh) and believe in revelation of The Bible(The Ingeel).
Now here is verses that feel contradictory to me with the above concept of Jesus (Pbuh)

45:5.I am the Lord ; there is no other God,
I will give you the strength you need,
Although you do not know me .

45:6. I do this so that every one
from one end of the world to other
may know that I am the Lord
and that there is no other God.

45:7. I create both light and darkness
I bring both blessing and disaster.
I, the Lord , do all these things.
Isaiah : Good News Bible, Hard copy, page # 708.

45:5: I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
45:6: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah, from The holy Bible, King James version

[FONT=&quot]Looking for comments and clarification. [/FONT]

:eek: hello every body,
As a matter of a fact, the issue of trinity is one of the most crucial issues in Christianity. let s now try to examine this issue under the light of reason and logic.......ok??/:eek:
Benedict de Spinoza, one of the most famous philosopher of realigion,is known by his dependence on logic in dealing with the religious scriptures. look at what he said:{ ....in short, i am astonished that anyone should wish to subject reason, the greatest of gifts and a light from on high, to the dead letter which may have been corrupted by human malice; that it should be thought no crime to speak with contempt of mind, the true handwriting of God s Word, calling it corrupt, blind, and lost, while it is further considered the greatest of crimes to say the some of the letter, which is merely the reflection and image of God s Word........what are they afraid of?do they think that faith and religion cant be upheld unless men purposely keep themselves in ignorance, and turn their backs on reason?if they be so, they have bt a timide trust in Scripture} {resource: the philosophy of religion:John A. Nicholson.}
so, let s not have timide trust in Scriptures....let s examine the trinity logically as well as historically......
may be u r wondering what is the relation of history to th trinity....there is a deep relation, actually. if u go back to history, u ll find that the origine of the trinity isnt coming from Jesus, it appeared with the emperor Costantine....so let s first agree that the trinity is an interpretation of the Word, and not a clear teaching....
Jesus is nt God?....well, let s look at the following proofs, then decide:
  1. if we believe that God is the father of Jesus, we find ourselves asking the following:
Does really God begat a son? this belief is very shameful, and disgraceful, for begetting is done through sexual experience.how can we believe that? how can we believe that God was involved in a sexual experience with one of His servants? oh...i m sorry to put such questions...bt we v to face, not to escape...the human reason and good sense naturally believe that there is no one like God, that he is the creator of all, and that he has thae supreme ability of doing anything He wants without being involved in the materialisic world of man...So, may be u r wondering how Jesus was born? the answer is simple and clear:if God was able to create Adam without neither a father nor a mother, so it impossible for Him to create Jesus without only a father?>///??? God has the supreme capacity of doing anything He wants....
2. Jesus: the son of God and at the same time God incarnate.
how can it be believed that God has a body like ours. that he eats, drinks, sleeps and does every man s actions which done also by animals......Ahmed Deedat, a comparative religion researcher, presents the following arguments.... Ahmed said that the Bible reveals that tha angels had already named Jesus by that name while he was still in his mother s womb. Deedat keeps wondering: " who was the one named by that name while ha was still in his mother s womb? he is Jesus?and the question in other way is "who was in the womb of Mary:Jesus or God?.....Deedat says: '" imagine there was amidwife besides Mary at the time of his birth,so that midwife was recieving between her hands a baby. thus, how can we believe that this helpless baby was a God.............
.............................i ve to go ....sorry... i l come back:eek:

the bible does not teach the trinity teaching,

and Jesus is not God :) and that is the truth .

but many many have been misled by untruths not based on accurate knowledge of the bible .

stick to the bible and we cant go wrong .

there is only one saviour, and that is the Lord jesus christ.
very true that is why i am waving my symbolic palm branch to welcome the reigning king JESUS CHRIST.

the most high Jehovah God has given Jesus great aurthority ,he (JEHOVAH)has given Jesus kingship DANIEL 7;13-14

Yes, the most high is JEHOVAH psalm 83;18 ,and he is the one on the throne in REVELATION 7;9-10 but the lamb is Jesus christ .

and the great crowd spoken of in REVELATION 7;9-10 are knowing and taking in knowledge about these Father and son .

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.John 17;3

Jehovah has given Jesus great aurthority and there is no salvation in any one else .

For most, salvation will mean everlasting life on an earth restored to paradisaic perfection. (Psalm 37:10, 11; Revelation 21:3, 4) In the case of a “little flock,” however, it will mean ruling with Jesus in his heavenly Kingdom.—Luke 12:32; Revelation 5:9, 10; 20:4.

Re: To me, Jesus is God

So, if Jesus says, "I am God," He tells the truth,

Jesus never said he was God ,he said he was Gods son.

but many people think many things out of line with the bible .

but sticking to the bible gives us the truth

“Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’”—MATTHEW 3:17.

(Luke 9:35) And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.”

(Matthew 17:5) While he was yet speaking, look! a bright cloud overshadowed them, and, look! a voice out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him.”

Yes JEHOVAH is the most high

That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.psalm 83;18

and Jesus is the one that he sent forth into the world

For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. JOHN 3;16-17

Yes, Jesus is not God ,he is Gods son just as the bible tells us .:)

I sense that a review of a prayer is in order... the one taught by Jesus. Was it:

1. Our Christ who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
2. Jesus who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
3. The Father of Jesus who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
4. The Son of God who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
5. The Son of Man who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
6. The Son of David who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
7. The Holy Spirit who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
8. The lamb of God who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?

10. Our Father who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done.

Our Father... Jesus... yours... mine... how do these churches and people miss or overrule what is overtly in the prayer? It is one thing to not see or to hear what is written. It is quite another to not see or hear what themselves have prayed.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

They call it a mystery... can anyone see why?

And we wonder why interfaith work is so trying for some.

Here we are Christians, followers of Christ?

2 most important commandments?
Thou should argue for eons as to whether the trinitarians are correct or not.

Thou should forever be divided amongst yourselves.
I think not. Are there any new arguments on this discussion? Or shall we simply keep rehashing the same information?

I think Jesus asked us mostly to work on ourselves, not concern ourselves with everyone else's foibles. I've got my log to deal with I sure don't need to bicker with you about yours.

Welcome to the thread wil. Are you trying to add here, or trying to remove?

I sense that a review of a prayer is in order... the one taught by Jesus. Was it:

1. Our Christ who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
2. Jesus who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
3. The Father of Jesus who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
4. The Son of God who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
5. The Son of Man who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
6. The Son of David who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
7. The Holy Spirit who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?
8. The lamb of God who art in heaven... thy Kingdom come, thy will be done?

Our Father... Jesus... yours... mine... how do these churches and people miss or overrule what is overtly in the prayer? It is one thing to not see or to hear what is written. It is quite another to not see or hear what themselves have prayed.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

They call it a mystery... can anyone see why?
Before ever saying our father which art in heaven, christ was god in heaven as well, he was the word of god who created all things, sent to be salvation, and who upholds all things, for all things were created thru him and for him. being born a man, he was under the law and emptied himself to become a servant. so it is not a mystery that he prayed to god the father in heaven, as he was a man as well. but he was also god and received prayer and worship to those who sought the truth, those eyes were opened and saw that he was the messiah. he could not speak or do anything other than what the father in heaven would do, as he is the express image of god, whatever the son does the father does and whatever the father does the son does--they are one. every attribute of the father in heaven is in christ. god is salvation, christ is salvation, god raised him, christ raised himself, god is glorified, christ is glorified, god is worshiped, christ is worshiped, god forgives sins, christ forgives sins, god can read people hearts, christ can read peoples hearts, god sits on the throne in heaven, christ sits on the throne in heaven, god always existed, christ always existed, god is holy, christ is holy, god is YHWH, christ is YHWH.

Welcome to the thread wil. Are you trying to add here, or trying to remove?
Namaste cyberpi,

add or remove? add what? remove what?

This discussion/fight/disagreement has continued for 2000 years. 1700 years ago it is my understanding it was a fist fight amongst Bishops...the battle continues today.

I'm fond of a style of consensus called fishbowl, whereby the only information you bring to the table is new information. ie once someone has made that argument you don't rehash the same one on infinitum.

I don't see any movement, maybe I'm wrong. Who has changed sides during this discussion, since the beginning of this thread which trinitarian has said, "Yes your argument is so compelling I agree, Jesus is not G!D"? Which Muslim, Jew, JW....has said "Wow, I never looked at it that way, yes, they are all one!"

If that is not occurring what exactly is the goal of this thread? It appears both sides are in their bunkers behind their wall taking pot shots, no agreement, no surrender, no white flags, no winner, no truce. What outcome are you looking for, and how are ya doin?

This discussion/fight/disagreement has continued for 2000 years. 1700 years ago it is my understanding it was a fist fight amongst Bishops...the battle continues today.

I am sure some people are willing to come to an agreement. The Bishops that battled it out are obviously wrong (Surah 16:125).

I'm fond of a style of consensus called fishbowl, whereby the only information you bring to the table is new information. ie once someone has made that argument you don't rehash the same one on infinitum.

That sounds good to me. Well, here is some new information that has really not been discussed, especially Isaiah chapter 45.

Shamsery said:

Say, “O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you – that we will not worship except Allāh and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allāh." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]." Al-Ìmrán 3:64[/quote[
This our stand and we believe in mighty Prophet Jesus (Pbuh) and believe in revelation of The Bible(The Ingeel).
Now here is verses that feel contradictory to me with the above concept of Jesus (Pbuh)

45:5.I am the Lord ; there is no other God,
I will give you the strength you need,

Although you do not know me .

45:6. I do this so that every one
from one end of the world to other
may know that I am the Lord
and that there is no other God.

45:7. I create both light and darkness
I bring both blessing and disaster.
I, the Lord , do all these things.
Isaiah : Good News Bible, Hard copy, page # 708.

45:5: I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
45:6: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah, from The holy Bible, King James version

[FONT=&quot]Looking for comments and clarification. [/FONT]

12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
(King James Bible, Isaiah)

Hi, I believe the Christian belief is that after Jesus' death and after He was taken up to Heaven, He resumed His title as Jehovah. I have no more information to give you other than this.

Jesus =God , something unique proposition from my stand.
We are not programmed or tuned in such a way.
Naturally it is against our convicting and beyond understanding
I would like to quote a verse from our Holy scripture “The Quran.”

Actually, I think this has been discussed a few pages back.

http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/jesus-is-not-god-part-1176-9.html

Hope this helps

;)

I am sure some people are willing to come to an agreement.

This has certainly been a huge exchange, and I recognize I'm coming in at the end of it. Someone suggested it may be time to confine additions to this discussion to new points/material only, so I'm submitting this as information only without really attempting to argue a point of view:

First off, some here may be aware of some of the research of the Jesus Seminar in pursuit of the closest match that one can draw from the original texts to the essence of what made Jesus tick as a human being and a figure in history. At the Seminar, Jesus's remarks and deeds are weighed extensively in light of the particular text(s) where they appear and in light of how well they match other apparent aspects of the Jesus persona.

For some, this effort is simply a left-handed effort to undermine faith; for others, its basic methodology is merely somewhat flawed or even circular; for still others, the effort constitutes brilliant analytical work that's sorely needed. Whatever it be, I'm struck by the detailed philological and linguistic research from a few generations _earlier_ than this seminar, research that was kicked into high gear with the discovery of the Gospel of Thomas in the 1940s. If we view that earlier research without the added baggage of the Jesus Seminar's later more controversial efforts, a certain insight might(?) be gained into how Jesus viewed Jesus. That may or may not clinch the ultimate identity of Jesus. But anything that sharpens our understanding of Jesus's own perspective, where glimpsable, could prove useful.

The chief conclusions of the philological and linguistic scholarship of fifty-plus years ago centered around the increasingly formal and increasingly less colloquial style of spoken and written Greek in the Middle East the nearer one gets to the end of the 1st century C.E. In fact, the language was undergoing considerable change during that period while the culture there moved further away from preponderantly oral traditions at the outset of the century to preponderantly written ones at its close. As a result, some of the earliest texts describing Jesus display extremely colloquial oral habits of communication and others show more self-conscious literary habits. This process is mirrored in totally unrelated secular Greek documents of the same period, and from that, an attempt was made in the middle of the past century to fashion a rough chronological outline for the many early texts describing Jesus.

To cut to the chase, the provisional chronological order that was deduced -- and that the Jesus Seminar has founded much of its subsequent work upon -- looked pretty much like this (this is a very crude rundown of something that has developed myriad further details in the last half century or so):

A) parallel sayings of Jesus shared by the Gospels of Matthew & Luke and sometimes grouped under the heading, "the Q Gospel" (this could just as possibly reflect an oral rather than a written source);

B) the earliest version of the Gospel of Mark as preserved in the Sinaiticus and Vaticanus mss.;

C) the Gospel of Thomas;

D) the bulk of the Gospel of Matthew;

E) the bulk of the Gospel of Luke;

F) the Book of Acts;

G) the Gospel of John; and

H) the expanded version of the Gospel of Mark.

Since A, B, and C seem the earliest, they are judged by many as giving us the closest historical take we have on the essence of Jesus's teaching. Whether we accept that conclusion or not, key remarks by Jesus on who and what he is in these three texts seem relevant to this discussion. I'm just throwing these remarks out there for any impressions others may have:

Luke (Q): 10:21-22 In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will. All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Luke(Q): 22:28-30 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mark: 14:61-62 But he was silent and made no answer. Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?" 14.62And Jesus said, "I am; and you will see the Son of man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."

Thomas: 61 Jesus said, "Two will rest on a bed: the one will die, and other will live." Salome said to him, "Who are You, man, that You, as though from the One, have come up on my couch and eaten from my table?" Jesus said to her, "I am He who exists from the Undivided. I was given some of the things of my Father." <Salome said,> "I am Your disciple." <Jesus said to her,> "Therefore I say, if he is <undivided>, he will be filled with light, but if he is divided, he will be filled with darkness."

Thomas: 99 The disciples said to Him, "Your brothers and Your mother are standing outside." He said to them, "Those here who do the will of My Father are My brothers and My mother. It is they who will enter the Kingdom of My Father."

For what it's worth,

Operacast

12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
(King James Bible, Isaiah)

Hi, I believe the Christian belief is that after Jesus' death and after He was taken up to Heaven, He resumed His title as Jehovah. I have no more information to give you other than this.

The so-called "Christian belief" on Jesus' relationship with God is a matter of doctrine. You may hear one bunch of Christian say they believe something and be convinced that we all believe that, but you only have to search the Web to find out just how many different views there are among Christians.

The most important thing is what the first-century Christians, the first generation of Christians, believed. The New Testament is a written tradition based on beliefs in the first century. As has been said by others, perhaps not on this thread, but elsewhere, the religion existed before the written tradition was produced.

First-century Christianity could be argued to have not been driven by doctrine or dogma, due to the fact that they wrote things down so late in the first century. I believe first-century Christianity was most probably based on experience, not doctrine and dogma. It was spread by a word-of-mouth, oral tradition based on that experience. When it became clear that Jesus wasn't going to return as soon as expected, they decided to write things down.

Many people (both Christian and non-Christian) mistake the New Testament for the actual religion itself. I see the New Testament as more like an image of the first-century experience. My view is that to rediscover Christianity, we must try and imagine what the first-century Christians believed and what they experienced. The purpose of the New Testament attempts to project and describe the first-century experience. It does not define or prescibe Christianity in its entirety and totality. Because it is an experience, there is no need for such a thing.

The idea of the Trinity was influenced mostly by the writings of "John" and Paul. Consider in particular the opening passage of the Gospel of John, where it says, "The Logos was with God and the Logos was God" and that "the Logos became flesh." People typically think John is defining Logos as Jesus, but I think it's more of a description of how Jesus was acting out the purpose of the Logos, and how the phenomenon of the Logos was expanding to include his followers as well. They forget that the author never defined Jesus as Logos, or vice versa. He simply says, "it became flesh," and that could mean a whole number of different things. The fact that he doesn't define the relationship says to us that we shouldn't try and define it either. We should simply leave it as a description.

The trouble, I think is that people think the terms, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Logos and Christ define concrete concepts with precise meanings rather than just observable or experiental phenomena. Christianity was conceived in a predominantly Jewish environment and culture, but over time, the proportion of Gentiles to Jews increased. Jews reading the Gospel of John back then would probably have interpreted it differently than the Gentiles that would make up most of the Christian Church in the 2nd centuries and onwards. The New Christians (who were mostly Gentiles) in the 2nd centuries and onwards would have read the Gospel of John and probably wondered, is Jesus God? They would have been lost as to what the author was trying to do. I think it's important, first of all, to recognise that Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Logos and Christ are names, labels and titles.

Judaism has/had different uses for "names" than Greek/Gnostic philosophy did. Take for example, names like HaShem (secondary name for God), Adonai (Lord), Shalom (Peace) and Shekhinah (Manifestation of God). Judaism uses names not to define anything concrete, but to describe an experience of God. Gentile philosophers and thinkers would probably have thought "John" was talking about something concrete or about "idealised, absolute concepts." It's very common in philosophy to "idealise" and make something "absolute" because universalism is more useful than something with subjective meaning. The idea of Jesus being God, the Son being co-equal with the Father, the doctrine of Three Persons in One, etc., are all attempts to idealise the concepts of Father, Son, etc. I doubt that the author of the Gospel of John ever intended to define anything concrete by these terms. You could say that it's an exercise in apologetics. When people formulate such concepts, they are trying to make it sound more universal so that it becomes more palatable to the targets of apologetics.

Because the New Christians (mostly Gentiles) did not have a background in Judaism, as Christianity drifted further away from the Jewish environment in which it was conceived and as Christianity became increasing dominated by a mindset that saw the terms Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Logos and Christ as names defining something concrete, the notion of the Trinity and "Jesus is God" idea developed.

add or remove? add what? remove what?
That was my question.

You equate a discussion or a disagreement with a fight, yet they are polar opposites. I submit that a person who really wants to fight will either lie and fool, or to hide and hold secret their viewpoint. In the animal Kingdom it does not aid an animal to speak up and honestly announce their position when faced with a fight. In war it does not behoove a person to stand up and announce disagreement in the face of a loaded gun. You insist that a fight is born from a disagreement, yet the best of friends or relationships can come from a disagreement.

A fishbowl debate does not require only new information. Take the number of people squared to get a count of how many exchanges are possible. People are born, schooled, married, have children, death... in a continuous cycle. Hang out at a single university or a church and I bet it will get boring from the continuous rehashed exchanges. So, I'd expect rehashed ad-infinitum... it is in the design of things here.

I don't see any movement, maybe I'm wrong. Who has changed sides during this discussion, since the beginning of this thread which trinitarian has said, "Yes your argument is so compelling I agree, Jesus is not G!D"? Which Muslim, Jew, JW....has said "Wow, I never looked at it that way, yes, they are all one!"
You appear to assume that the purpose of argument is to move or change other people. Have you ever considered that a person who argues seeks to learn or to be moved by others? It is not in the differences between people that people are divided.

If that is not occurring what exactly is the goal of this thread? It appears both sides are in their bunkers behind their wall taking pot shots, no agreement, no surrender, no white flags, no winner, no truce. What outcome are you looking for, and how are ya doin?
I submit that a thread has no goal. People do. You have a will. I have a will. The Father has a will. The goal or will of each will may be different. I refer back to my original question... what is your goal: to add, or to remove? Do you seek to add to the discussion, or to terminate and remove people from it? Do you seek to make the outside clean... clean of argument? I find that you often seek to paint argument and judgement as vile, and I am fully opposed to you. If you love me, then you will judge me with words. If it is per your will to judge and provide me with words, and it is per my will to listen and to react to them. By any interaction: will per the will, people can be less divided despite their indifference. I find that it is not the revealing of indifference that causes a fight. I find that it is the hope of resolution that draws people to argument. Do you have that love and hope to invest the time to add? Or do you seek instead to simply terminate? People who truly seek to fight, seek to remove their opponent. Whereas I often seek, if you will, an opponent to argue with. I am a bird who does not flock with the feather. I would reference your THINK thread for more information of where I THINK we differ.

Now then, to twist and relate this back to the topic at hand. I seek God's judgment. Will per the will. If that be an argument, I seek the argument. I seek to learn.

dear BlaznFatty,
i want to ask u some Qs about what u said,
1. u said:{God manifested in a bruch......God manifested in Jesus...}....i m wondering why does God need to manifest Himself in a materialistic thing while the whole world is a manifestation of Him and His Holy Power? cant God give this a bruch the ablity to move without being invovled in it?cant God created Jesus without a father, God who created Adam from neither a father nor a mother? Cant God created Jesus with a simple command of Him,which is {be} and he was?why cant we understand that God is the Word of God in that sense?.....wasnt Jesus s creation one of God s miracles?...why cant we say that Jesus was an ordinary person who was born in a miraculous way?..why cant we say that Jesus was a prophet of God....one of the noblest prophets humanity witnessed....
2. also,i would to ask you about salvation.u said that {there is only one saviour, and that is the lord Jesus Christ}.plz can you explain?does it mean that other nations of different religions wont be saved till they believe in Jesus as a saviour??and how can we achieve salvation through Jesus? i m waiting for ur reply..
3.one other thing i want to comment on. u said{ Moses was corruptible man}..??how can you say that about one of God s loved prophets?? if he was a corruptible man, God,and He is the Omniscient, wouldnt for sure have chosen him for spreading His holly message to the people of Isreal?/
i m looking forward for your reply.......thank you:eek::)

God manifested in a bruch......God manifested in Jesus...
there is only one saviour, and that is the lord Jesus Christ.
Moses was corruptible man
..??
God manifests himself in a burning bush, or in a cloud, or in the body of jesus, because the father cannot show his face to man, because we are corruptible men (we all fall short of the glory of god and we all sin) and we would die if we saw him; however through his manifestations we are in his presence. his face is too glorified with power and greatness and holiness and we would simply die. so like in the burning bush, the holy spirit was present causing him to look, to understand, and to be called to service, the angel of god in the midst was the word of god (jesus) calling his name to reveal himself and to have a personal relationship with him, and the presence of the father through which all things proceed made it holy ground. so moses being a godly man bowed down and worshiped the presence of elohim--god. moses was not worshiping a tree, he was worshiping god. so when the word of god who was with god, and who is god, lowered himself to be born a man to die for our sins as the saviour to the world, he was god incarnate, the son of god, the messiah. he was born of a virgin, to a chosen people, from a line of david, to fulfill prophecies, and to choose a baby the most precious, needy, and helpless to be born a king, in a manger with straw and animals not gold and silk. yet the angels rejoiced and worshiped the son of god. that is how god works. so those that worship jesus do not worship a man like moses was a man, but worship god. before moses was born, jesus existed, when moses was called to the burning bush, jesus was there, and when moses died, he died with the knowledge and understanding of elohim and because of that he is part of the kingdom of god. that is why at the transfiguration moses is seen talking with jesus christ, which is a step out of our time and in the presence of god's kingdom. but not all will make it to gods kingdom. those that knowingly reject god and love sin will be judged and will be cast out of heaven by the son of god. those in their ignorance will be judged by the son of god and some will enter and some will not, and those that are hidden in christ, that believe in him (before he was born, while he walked among us, or thru the spirit), are already saints and a part of the kingdom of heaven as we speak. but again, the way god works, those that think they are first will be last, and those that exhalt themselves will be humbled. that is how christ was born and how christ died--humbled, and that is how christ was resurrected and glorified--exhalted. and when we are changed to incorruptible bodies by god, it is jesus who has done this for us, he is first in all things, and it is he through him and his work on the cross that man finds salvation and enjoys the grace of god, and it is through him that all things are made new, and then will be able to see god as he really is.

yes the God of heaven who is Jehovah , he is the most high , as PSALM 83;18 informs us , Has set up his heavenly kingdom as DANIEL 2;44 tells us . and he has given Jesus the son of man ,GREAT AURTHORITY, as DANIEL 7;13-14 tells us ,and the kingdom that JESUS has been given great aurthority over , will bring PEACE to the earth , even eventually swallowing up death forever .
and when Jesus has acomplished everything that God his father has wanted ,then Jesus will hand the kingdom BACK TO HIS FATHER.

as the following verses tell us .

Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. For [God] “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.
.....1corinthians 15;24-28

Yes GODS KINGDOM has a reigning king that has been given great aurthority and it is GODS SON JESUS CHRIST

so we can see from the bible that Jesus is not God , but he is Gods son .

?
yes, Jesus was sent down to do the will of his father JEHOVAH . he did not come down to do his own will ,but he came to do his fathers will .

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. john 3;16-17

(Romans 8:32) He who did not even spare his own Son but delivered him up for us all, why will he not also with him kindly give us all other things?

(1 John 4:9) By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him.

Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me JOHN 7;16

Yes ,we should listen to Jesus because the most high Jehovah SAID SO

(Luke 9:35) And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.”

Back