Would it be wrong?

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
Say someone got offered a job as a designer/web designer for God TV... And they could really kick butt at the job..... But a "requirement" is understanding and empathy for christianity... But the person being offered the job doesn't.... would it be wrong to fake it? :)

Praise the lord and pass the keyboard.
Main Entry: em·pa·thy
Pronunciation: \ˈem-pə-thē\
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek empatheia, literally, passion, from empathēs emotional, from em- + pathos feelings, emotion — more at pathos
Date: 1850
1 : the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it
2 : the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also : the capacity for this

a. could you do the job? (not to your satisfaction but the satisfaction of your employer)

b. could you stand doing the job?

You've stated repeatedly you aren't happy where you are. Well now would you be happier there? Or is the plan it will be a stepping stone, part of the learning curve for future endeavors?

If it were me, and I wanted the job, I might just come clean.

Yo, I got mad skills but don't cotton to some of the hypocrisy of Jesus's followers. Now I don't mind the love and compassion, but don't really know how I think totally about the whole G!d thang...

I think I could do your company a great service though because I can tell you the namby pamby wishy washy in your face crap that you produce currently that just makes my skin crawl and doesn't entice me to take one iota of interest in your program. And using those same skeptical jaundiced eyes I can assist the creative team in innovative ways to put the message out...take a look at these 17th drawings....
If they choose to hire you, your conscience is clean...

watch out though, they just might convert ya

Say someone got offered a job as a designer/web designer for God TV... And they could really kick butt at the job..... But a "requirement" is understanding and empathy for christianity... But the person being offered the job doesn't.... would it be wrong to fake it? :)

I think it would sycophantic really if thats the right word and also I think that they would suss you out pretty quick, but whatever floats your boat.

a.I am sure I could do the job yeah.

b.I dunno lol... Only one way to find out :/ I like design. This is design... I don't really think I need to agree with the ethos to make pretty pictures :/

Just I would be getting more money and making pictures lol... Two things I like the sound of.

Oh I wouldn't let them see most of the stuff I have made and such I'd most likley chuck random images like this: All men. picture by animalpicturez - Photobucket

At um for examples of my work :/

If they accept that you are not a christian, well, really, they couldn't reject you openly as that would be discriminatory on their part,
And that you could downplay by highlighting the work and focusing on that as you are looking for work which is business and not religious....
but you would have to accept that you would be busy everyday creating propaganda for a group whose ideology you are not aligned with.
If you are ok with that, then what is the issue?

Well, I'd say if you're actually anti-Christian, it would be a bit unethical. Plus, after a bit of time you'd probably be uncomfy and they'd sense you were annoyed with furthering Christian ideology.

BUT, if you are just not Christian, but have an understanding of the religion and empathy (see Wil's definition) for Christians... then that fits the bill. They don't ask you to *be* Christian, just to be understanding and empathetic. So I'd just be honest- that you participate in interfaith, you would love to design for them, you're understanding of the religion of Christianity, etc. Stick to what is real.

My 2 cents.

Love some of the images, BTW- especially the ones focused on light/darkness. :)

would it be wrong to fake it? :)
I'd say no... it wouldn't be wrong.

What you'd probably find is that working amongst them would broaden your perspective and soon you wouldn't need to fake it.

I believe they call it, "Stockholm syndrome".

That person would be losing his moral standing while referring to Christians as hypocrites, but he'd certainly understand hypocrasy from a first person point of view.

does empathy mean to agree with it?

if not, you are perfect for the job, and you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would add tho, if you get it, try to omit the "devilish " part of you. LOL.

Love the Grey

This just reminded me of a period in my life when I worked for a small company run by a very conservative Christian (staffed by a bunch too). It was never spoken outright, but I think they knew I didn't share their beliefs.

One day, a client who was also a devout Christian started to badger me right in front of the owner, saying, "Give me five minutes and I'll turn you into a believer!" I shut that right down, saying, "I won't try to convert you. Don't you try to convert me."

Within a year the business dissolved and I found a much better job with a much better company. The client who badgered me actually applied to work in my department and I was on the hiring committee. Let's just say, it wasn't hard finding a more qualified candidate.

If they accept that you are not a christian, well, really, they couldn't reject you openly as that would be discriminatory on their part,
And that you could downplay by highlighting the work and focusing on that as you are looking for work which is business and not religious....
but you would have to accept that you would be busy everyday creating propaganda for a group whose ideology you are not aligned with.
If you are ok with that, then what is the issue?

They way they said it seemed "if you ain't a christian, you stand no chance." Which seems as you say discrimination.... But, I just want the easy life lol... And couldn't be bothered to go through all the "that's not fair, blah blah blah..." cause I know I'd not get it lol...

Yeah.... I am feeling the propaganda part :/ But... I'd get to be a designer :(

Well, I'd say if you're actually anti-Christian, it would be a bit unethical. Plus, after a bit of time you'd probably be uncomfy and they'd sense you were annoyed with furthering Christian ideology.

BUT, if you are just not Christian, but have an understanding of the religion and empathy (see Wil's definition) for Christians... then that fits the bill. They don't ask you to *be* Christian, just to be understanding and empathetic. So I'd just be honest- that you participate in interfaith, you would love to design for them, you're understanding of the religion of Christianity, etc. Stick to what is real.

My 2 cents.

Love some of the images, BTW- especially the ones focused on light/darkness. :)

I have the understanding part, of many different ways christianity is taught. Quite broad in fact, all the way from catholic to JW lol. But I don't have empathy nor buy into it... :/ But I understand it.... lol.

Thanks for the comments on the images. Most of those religious aimed images are not my best of works :/ But 8 working hours a day, I could easily come up with better.

I'd say no... it wouldn't be wrong.

What you'd probably find is that working amongst them would broaden your perspective and soon you wouldn't need to fake it.

I believe they call it, "Stockholm syndrome".

That is what I was thinking, It'd be an experience!

Oh please, I don't want the stockholm syndrome lol!!

does empathy mean to agree with it?

if not, you are perfect for the job, and you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would add tho, if you get it, try to omit the "devilish " part of you. LOL.

Love the Grey

I can do subliminal ;)

lol, empathy as I understand it is passion.

That person would be losing his moral standing while referring to Christians as hypocrites, but he'd certainly understand hypocrasy from a first person point of view.

oooooooooooooo. lol.

I don't see 'empathy' as a requirement in this case. According to the job description, the only 'Christian' requirement is to know the 'message':

"The ability to work in a Christian based media environment and a decent understanding of the Christian message inside of the content is needed for a straight and effective presentation on the WEB."

That said, be prepared to be 'evangelized' within that environment. After all, that is their main thrust in reaching folks through their ministry. That and soliciting funds. (Are you good in setting up PayPal?)

Would it be wrong of me to inform God TV of your true intentions Alex ?

I don't see 'empathy' as a requirement in this case. According to the job description, the only 'Christian' requirement is to know the 'message':

"The ability to work in a Christian based media environment and a decent understanding of the Christian message inside of the content is needed for a straight and effective presentation on the WEB."

That said, be prepared to be 'evangelized' within that environment. After all, that is their main thrust in reaching folks through their ministry. That and soliciting funds. (Are you good in setting up PayPal?)

I was speaking via email to them. And well, yeah I've decided not to, I am not surprised they haven't got a designer yet... People are looking for jobs... Not to offer charity lol... Their wage was not pleasing to me :/

I am still waiting anyway for a job I am certain I have... lol Just the builders taking too long to build the location... I was just browsing bored and came across this thought it might be interesting ;/ But the pay has dissapointed me.

Also I guess without doing work from home (which I could easily do) I'd not get on too well... I make sailors blush with my vocab... lol I wouldn't be able to work in the office with them.

Setting up paypal? The job didn't have anything to do with paypal. But yeah I guess... It is just like anything else really where you need to apply for an account say Ebay or Hotmail or facebook or whatever. You just follow the simple steps.

If you want to get into webdesign you should probably get a portfolio together.

I have one lol.... :)

Not many "creative" jobs come up that I have noticed when looking online... So I thought I'd check it out while I am still waiting for my new job (roll on Feb 2010)

go on then, I would be interested to see your websites.

Wait I lie... I found a screen shot of a flash site I also made lol.

tempinfinny.jpg

Just been looking online because I haven't made a running site for ages. I got a 32gb key card where I have "sim" websites... Anyway, here is a template I made for an mIRC group four years ago basic but yeah.

Vampirehall

thats a bit dated now,

from what I have seen of your stuff on here you do have some ability, but to get into the industry you would either need some good luck and or a good portfolio of websites.

Back