Lucifer the tragic hero.

Amergin

Reaction score
Let me state clearly that I view Lucifer as a fictional God. I am commenting on the meaning of his story in Christian Mythology. There is clearly a certain attraction to Lucifer, bordering on admiration. Lucifer was supposed to be a very intelligent fellow. He presumably knew that he could not defeat the powerful but evil Cosmic Tyrant (God.) He knew he would suffer for rebelling. But he rebelled nonetheless out of principle. All of the atrocities of the Bible are not Lucifer’s but God’s, ordered by God, or condoned by God. God is a very nasty tyrant according to the Bible.

Lucifer tried his best. He taught humans that seeking knowledge was good. He taught that seeking pleasure was not evil. He fought the Tyrant's more powerful army in a lost cause. He knew it was a lost cause, presuming that he could read the future and take the Bible seriously.

Lucifer showed courage, principle, and pride (a good virtue in my opinion). He became secretly admired by Jews and Christians who would never admit it. He didn’t destroy cities, drown the World, or send plagues. That was God’s work. Lucifer fought for the right to dissent, rebel, and no bend one’s knee to the Tyrant. We owe him much for the Renaissance, the Enlightenment, and the Knowledge Revolution of the 20’s Century.

We all admire the tragic hero of the lost cause. We recognise William the Conqueror for his victory and cruelty. But many think of Harold of the Saxons as the tragic hero, fighting and dying in a lost cause. He had just fought the Scandinavians in the North of England. He and his army were exhausted. His famous foot soldiers were a walking wounded infantry. Yet, he didn’t give up. King Harold and his Saxon heroes stood their ground against William’s armoured Knights. Despite the odds he came close to winning. But the odds were too great. Harold died sword in hand, on the Field of Hastings in 1066. He perished fighting for his fallen Kingdom. And he is more of a hero than the cruel, Duke William of Normandy. William won the battle and England.

Arthur Pendragon was a Romano-Briton (possibly Scythian) hero for the Britons in a lost cause. He refused to overlook the abusive way the newly growing Christian movement was savagely abusing the remaining Pagan Britons. He was willing to fight the Christian Church, slaughtering some priests who were torturing Druid captives. He relied on a Druidic advisor, Merlin, and not a Christian bishop. But he tolerated the Christians if they did not abuse the people.

My favourite is Constantine XI Palaiologos the last emperor of Byzantium (the old Eastern Roman Empire). He was a brave soldier who had fought the invading Turks for all of his young life. In 1453 after a long siege hundreds of thousands of Turks stormed the crumbling walls of Constantinople to slaughter a few thousand defenders. Constantine was seen sword in hand by the Turks. He died fighting about 6 Turks. He was bleeding and wounded but would not surrender. He fought so bravely even the Turks honoured him.

Lucifer is the mythological tragic hero like Harold, Arthur, Boadica, Zenobia of Palmyra, and Constantine XI Palaiologos fighting bravely against powerful aggressors.

He had courage, and principle. Lucifer also fought a battle he knew he would lose. That is the basis of Satanism. They don't worship Satan/Lucifer as a being but the symbol of a tragic hero in a lost cause of defending the “underdog.” He fought in defence of the abused human race, against a cruel vengeful Tyrant God, his homicidal followers, and God’s army of supernatural killer angels.

The Satanist's message to us is that humans need to work to improve their lives, help one another, not to be ashamed of being happy or proud. His symbol is the liberation of people from a darkly evil Theology. He is the symbol of humans standing up straight, and rejecting a religion of Bible imposed misery, destructive self- hatred, and living in constant FEAR of a Cosmic Tyrant who salivates at the thought of sending them to Hell to burn for eternity.

Lucifer isn’t real as a being. But he is real as a metaphor for liberation from the negativity of Stone Age mythology. He is the metaphor for our freedom of thought, our improving the real world without fear of an imaginary world, and our freedom to pursue happiness without feeling guilty for it.

Amergin

Lucifer isn’t real as a being. But he is real as a metaphor for liberation from the negativity of Stone Age mythology. He is the metaphor for our freedom of thought, our improving the real world without fear of an imaginary world, and our freedom to pursue happiness without feeling guilty for it.

Amergin
Doh!!

It is about time you moved from literal interpretations.

IMHO, Lucifer is not a hero nor an angel that fell from Heaven. Lucifer was a figure of speech used by Isaiah to symbolize the king of Babylon, who was so arrogant as to consider himself superior to all other kings on earth and even above the Lord Almighty Himself. (Isa. 14:1,2.12) The whole chapter 14 speaks about the arrogance of the king of Babylon.
Ben

Lucifer is NOT a Biblical Character

Its the Roman GOD of the MORNING STAR

In Fact "Lucifer" means "Light-Giver", a poetic reference of the Morning Star, the Roman never classed this as Satanic, or anything like that.

"Morning Star", in Latin is actually "Sidus Mane", thus why use "Lucifer" and not "Sidus Mane"?????

painting-phosphorus-sm.jpg

Here is the GOD Lucifer, holding the Torch, and Hesperus upon the Floor, does that look like Satan to you?

The only tragic is Turning an Harmless Greco-Roman God (less harmful then Yahweh/Jesus) into Satan.

Pax

In Fact "Lucifer" means "Light-Giver", a poetic reference of the Morning Star, the Roman never classed this as Satanic, or anything like that.

"Morning Star", in Latin is actually "Sidus Mane", thus why use "Lucifer" and not "Sidus Mane"?????

Here is the GOD Lucifer, holding the Torch, and Hesperus upon the Floor, does that look like Satan to you?

The only tragic is Turning an Harmless Greco-Roman God (less harmful then Yahweh/Jesus) into Satan.

Pax

I cannot say what looks like satan because we do not believe in satan as a being, but as a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. You know, Yetze Harah. Just a concept, nothing else.
Ben

IMHO, Lucifer is not a hero nor an angel that fell from Heaven. Lucifer was a figure of speech used by Isaiah to symbolize the king of Babylon, who was so arrogant as to consider himself superior to all other kings on earth and even above the Lord Almighty Himself. (Isa. 14:1,2.12) The whole chapter 14 speaks about the arrogance of the king of Babylon.
Ben
Gotta agree with Ben here, Lucifer is a title not a god from any time frame. Luciferians as myself embrace the Principles of Luciferianism, do not worship any gods or dieties of any sort except our Higher Self.

Ben

You could give this, an Historical Context

superior to all other kings on earth

By doing so, you unlock the Identity of "God"

Written upon Cyrus Stele
"I am Cyrus, king of the world, the great king, the powerful king, king of Babylon, king of Sumer and Akkad, king of the four quarters of the world"

Isaiah complains that King of Babylon[satan] is Superior to all Kings, and Jealous, yet does NOT complain to Cyrus who proclaimed to be KINGS OF KINGS, what makes Cyrus any different, yet it was CYRUS who Punished/Conquered [Babylon] and Isaiah identifies him, with the Messiah

Jesus never Prevented Rome destroying the Jewish Temple, he is not a Messiah that can live up to Cyrus [Prophecies are a Christian Belief not a Jewish belief]

Isaiah 11:12
He[CYRUS] will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he[CYRUS] will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.

SOLID PROOF that CYRUS is the GOD of Isaiah, Gods are always associate's with the SUN[Cyrus means Sun-Like] and Kings

Simply put, there could have been no royalty without a god or gods to ordain them as such.
And so, those who sought to control others and gain power over them created ‘gods’ to
facilitate that. Let me explain…

The ancient royals were what we would call "god makers" and religion creators.
They were big on making sure that what they said in their works were ‘true’ in at
least some sense and so they used what we today would described as ‘disclaimers’.
These were very much like what one would think of as ‘small print’. Yes, that is
right, the same kind of ‘small print’ that is used by crooked merchants. Here is the
"disclaimer" of the ‘god makers’ in Jeremiah 16:19-20; "Shall a man make gods
unto himself and they (are) no gods?" This should be read; "Shall a man make gods
FOR himself and there are no gods?" This says that the person who is making "gods"
is no god (in reality). A question is then inferred from this and that is; then why make
the gods? And we will find that out in this article.

Lucifer says PAX

I understand that ,BIBLE is not historical but Jewish myths/actually not only Jewish but Egyptian Mesopotians Greecian and Roman / but this ancients rely on RA ( ) Sun G _D than SETH ( ) and G _D is " Higher self " or the 'Great "I AM " as bible calls Him. Is G _D fierce to you than Anup (crocodile god ) . Ofcourse He is , "none fierce that dare stir him up :who then is able to stand before me ." Job 41:10 But this is only a temporal . You understand Him if you see Him as David seeth Him and say He is "altogether lovely " , or as Job seeth Him and surrender ,or as Elijah seeth Him . Before ELIJAH "a great and a strong wind rent the mountains ,and brake in pieces the rocks "but G _D not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake ,fire . "And after the fire A STILL SMALL VOICE. " elijah recognize . . .

Moses seeth Him with 70 or 72 elders /years (1 degree ),the great year sun.

Gotta agree with Ben here, Lucifer is a title not a god from any time frame. Luciferians as myself embrace the Principles of Luciferianism, do not worship any gods or dieties of any sort except our Higher Self.

Way to go Malku, the Luciferian! And sorry for my going too hard on your master.
Ben

Pax

The female counterpart has complex anatomy but is totally female and that is what lucifel is attracted to not another male as the picture portrays.

The female counterpart has complex anatomy but is totally female and that is what lucifel is attracted to not another male as the picture portrays.

Please dont take this wrong. Its not a stab at people who are doing homosexuality I believe its about education not accusation. Sometimes you have to experience something to know how wrong it is and sometimes those doing it dont understand why they are or why its wrong.

What is called lucifer is a collection box, an area, a dimension, for activity life that God understands to call unacceptable movement and communication within what God is allowing to be continued participating in what is unification (during unification there is continuous orientation provided). As you are experiencing yourself moving about in your existence and you move and say in such a way that God understands it as unacceptable and image of that portion of you is moved to this area and you walk forward. You will no longer be able to use yourself the way you were related to that area. This applies to humans and non humans (men of the sea, land and sky).
What God causes to occur with the unity of this earthly experience is the life that was caused to be separated is laid whole and this is where the understanding of morning star comes from. This life when laid whole is the experience that God causes to be Hallelujah when God is providing interest to the United Circumstance.
You're talking about from a limited Abrahamic view I'm assuming? Being a Luciferian and knowing many, this couldn't be further from our understanding.

You are understanding from an area that is not always understanding something. You can know what always happens and how this area is useful in the unity of what is separated circumstances. Separated circumstances is how life understands information to the area of the nervous system. This would be called integration and unity is what results as they are repositioned. Human beings will do what they are caused interested and able to continue to do where they are in activity and God is doing what God always does in collecting what is the life of awareness, sight and perpetual continuous understanding placing them to the area that can be called Infinity or the United Circumstance, which is a way of understanding it outside of division.
Aside from it being difficult for me to follow what you're saying, the problem here is that it all falls apart when the idea of god is removed from the equation.

Lucifer is a collective name for Spiritual Freedom, it is about Gnosis. It may be easier to think of this as a philosophy embracing the Luciferian Principle instead of a religion worshiping a Fallen Abrahamic Angel.
I will attempt to explain.

Non-Theistic Luciferians, as myself, are not concerned about Abrahamic symbolism, we follow the Jungian theory of archetypal images such as devils, gods, demons, angels etc., and that they can be used as symbols towards stirring the Psyche in order to assist the momentarily change in our objective universe. This is ritual as we all know it.

The term Lucifer in fourth century Latin was a name for Venus, the Morning Star. The Latin word Lucifer is composed of two words: lux and lucis, (meaning "light") and ferre, which means "to bear" or "to bring." So, the word Lucifer translates to "Bearer of Light".

The word Lucifer is found in the Christian bible (Isaiah 14:12)
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning star! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
. . . and has been incorrectly understood to mean the Fallen Angel, when in fact it is referring to the King of Babylon
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."
Lucifer is not an Adversary as the word Satan (Shaiten/ha-satan) describes. Lucifer is the 'Bringer of Light' in other words Lux Lucis / gnosis, truth and Divine knowledge. Luciferian Principles bring us the Truth and our Freedom of Will, shows us the way to either be One with God/Objective Universe or to be a god ourselves (apotheosis).

Luciferians do not worship Satan or Lucifer for that matter, we worship our Higher Self. The Adversary is a trans-cultural archetype which existed long before Christianity began in the form of Samael, Ahriman and the feminine aspect being Lilith.

Through the Luciferian principle, humanity first climbed down from the trees and it has represented the flow of progress ever since. But Lucifer may be more than a metaphor for rebellion, enlightenment and advancement - as the pure creative and motive light, Lucifer may actually be the key to life itself!

The DNA within the nuclei of all cells of living creatures contains biophotons or ultra-weak proton emissions - in other words, light! A dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA connects cells, tissues and organs and serve as the organism's main communication network.

Lucifer is on the move inside you and me, chattering between cell and cell, rousing the cohorts of the life-force, keeping us alive and wonderful. Every man and woman is a star - and we know we have our own inner light. - Lynn Picknett "Secret History of Lucifer"

Back