The Christian Cross - True Origin

There are no records whatsoever of any criminal trial of any date from the Roman period. None. Paper does not survive very well, except under extraordinary circumstances (such as being sealed in jars in the desert, in the Dead Sea Scrolls case). People have a very exaggerated notion of what we have preserved from ancient times.

There seems to be the common argument against Jesus' crucifixion, that there is no evidence that it even happened. The question I'd like to ask those who use that argument is, if not Jesus, then who else? Was Jesus Barabbas (as distinguished from Jesus the Nazarene) crucified? Who else was condemned and crucified in that year? If there is no record of any crucifixion at all, of anyone, then such an argument can't be used either to confirm or refute what the Gospels say. The Gospels must then stand on their own.

Jesus may not have been as famous as we think. Jesus' fame wasn't established back then.

There seems to be the common argument against Jesus' crucifixion, that there is no evidence that it even happened. The question I'd like to ask those who use that argument is, if not Jesus, then who else? Was Jesus Barabbas (as distinguished from Jesus the Nazarene) crucified? Who else was condemned and crucified in that year? If there is no record of any crucifixion at all, of anyone, then such an argument can't be used either to confirm or refute what the Gospels say. The Gospels must then stand on their own.

Jesus may not have been as famous as we think. Jesus' fame wasn't established back then.

You don't get it

Crucify Literally means (CRUCIFORM EFFIGY/CRUCIFORM TROPHY)

Barabbas means "Son of Sebus" and sebus is an alternated rendering of SABINUS

Jesus Son of Barabbas = Jesus Son of Sabinus (Titus Flavius Sabinus)

Titus Flavius Sabinus is the Father of "Titus Flavius Vespasian" WHOM conquered Judea, whom made them Fisher of Men.

This is a Coin of T.F Vespasian (see HIS Face, that is the Face of JESUS)
Z3277.jpg

022771.jpg

SEE THE CROSS SYMBOL - Its a Crucifix, and the Armour OF Vespasian, its a TROPHY, Vespasian was symbolically Crucified
(actually a rendition of Julius Caesar[GOD] Funeral upon the Ides of Nissan)

The Gospels where Written by Titus Flavius Sabinus II(Josephus)
http://www.interfaith.org/forum/origins-of-jesus-christ-9273-21.html#post255095

Barabbas means "Son of Sebus" and sebus is an alternated rendering of SABINUS

Where did you get that? Doesn't Barabbas mean "Son of the Father?"

as in ..... Son of God?

So perhaps Jesus the Nazarene and Jesus Barabbas are the same person who is in conflict with himself?

or perhaps they were indeed two people. Jesus the Nazarene happened to meet Jesus Barabbas one day and decided to call himself "Son of God" so that he might be confused with Jesus Barabbas. After all, Jesus the Nazarene seems to "cross paths," with many archetypal figures.

Where did you get that? Doesn't Barabbas mean "Son of the Father?"

as in ..... Son of God?

So perhaps Jesus the Nazarene and Jesus Barabbas are the same person who is in conflict with himself?

or perhaps they were indeed two people. Jesus the Nazarene happened to meet Jesus Barabbas one day and decided to call himself "Son of God" so that he might be confused with Jesus Barabbas. After all, Jesus the Nazarene seems to "cross paths," with many archetypal figures.

Barsabbas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Acts of the Apostles i.23 – 26: 23.So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias.

They are seems to be a 3 way word play, Barsabbas, Barabbas, and Barnabas

Acts 1:23
So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias.

and Justus is also Jesus

Colossians 4:11
11And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

and Zeus (iove/yahweh)
BARNABAS » Called Jupiter (Zeus) (Acts 14:12-18)

From Bible dictionary
Joseph called Barsabas ... - It is not certainly known what the name Barsabas denotes. The Syriac word "Bar" means "son," and the word "Sabas"

Sabas can be Latinized as "Sabus"

Sabus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sabus is a character in the mythology of the Sabines of Italy, this is where the name "Sabinus" is derived from, Sabas/Sabus = Sabinus (No "n"), but alternative appears as BarNabas"

Titus Flavius Sabinus I was the Father of Titus Flavius Vespasian whom attached JUDEA, and placed his Crucified Effigy.

Titus Flavius Josephus (Io_Sebus) (Sabinus) Records the War. (A Consol?)
Matthias = Titus / Jesus (IESVS) and V can also become B, IESUS > IESBS (IoSePhuS)

There is too many Coincidences

You don't get it

Crucify Literally means (CRUCIFORM EFFIGY/CRUCIFORM TROPHY)
Are you saying that there were no crucifixions? That Christ was not crucified? What would the point of resurrection have been then?

Are you really saying that coin has the face of Jesus on it?

Don't worry Etu Malku, he likes to make up his own interpretations of everything when we are talking in English (his saying or believing what crucify "really means" has no bearing on what OED says or how we nowdays use the term).

Pax et amore omnia vincunt

The Christian "Cross" or "Cruciform" is always associated with JESUS and his Crucifixion and associated with Roman Punishment, Roman Coins and Epigraphy tell a Completely different Story, and shows its true symbolic meaning.

Yes, Divos, the Christian cross is always associated with Jesus, and that's the wrong message sent out by the writers of the gospels, when Josephus makes it very clear that the Romans crucified thousands of Jews during their occupation of the Land of Israel. The false assumption given away is that Jesus was the only Jew crucified by the Romans.

The CRUCIFORM TROPHY and the Criminals are upon the Floor tied up, the Cross is a Sacred Symbol representing Divus Iulius and Victory, its Divine, and they would never place a Criminal upon a CROSS, because, its a Divine Symbol.

Now, I wonder how the Romans would never place a criminal upon a cross, since it was a divine symbol for them, when, according to Josephus, they crucified thousands of Jews under the accusation that they were criminals. Let alone the thousands of slaves from the revolt under Spartacus. How do you explain that?

Capta means "Conquered", the term "Capta" is similer to Latin terms "Head" ( caput ), Golgotha ( 'Gûlgaltâ' is the Aramaic for 'skull') (HEAD), and Golgotha was the Location where Jesus was Crucified.

So, Jesus was crucified after all. That the Romans did nailed him on their divine symbol, which they would never crucify a criminal. What is happening here?

Alternatively a Tree, t: Jesus was crucified on a tree according to the books of "Acts" and "1 Peter"

Would you please be a little more specific at quoting chapter and verse where it says that Jesus was crucified on a tree and not on a cross, according to Acts and I Peter? I'll appreciate. Thank you.

Ben

Josephus wrote Gospels he don't count has evidence

I see no Epigraphy or Coins supporting your cases

Don't worry Etu Malku, he likes to make up his own interpretations of everything when we are talking in English (his saying or believing what crucify "really means" has no bearing on what OED says or how we nowdays use the term).

There is no such thing as magic, "Crucifix = fixing to a cross"
365628.jpg

Assuming it was a crucifixion similar to popular iconography, with the arms outstretched and nails in the hands and feet, we see that Plutarchus used stauros as root for his verb anestaurôsen, ‘he speared’. Stauros means primarily ‘stake’, in this case in the sense of a ‘martyr’s stake’ and is used as the translation for crux. Thus, here we would have, independent of Christian literature, an equation stauros = crux, ‘martyr’s stake’ = ‘cross’, and in fact one referring to Caesar, not to Jesus. The other verb that Plutarchus uses, however—kremô, ‘hang by the neck’, ‘hang’, ‘string up’—is so very similar to the Latin cremo, ‘burn, cremate’, that the cremated Caesar could become the ‘crucified one’.
Be that as it may, one must assume that at Caesar’s funeral the tropaeum that Antonius raised with Caesar’s simulacrum hanging on it was seen by people who remembered his pirate-crucifixion, and regarded this as a crucifixion committed by robbers on a Roman. Thus the assassins of Caesar must have been regarded as common criminals: an unbearable exchange of roles crying out for revenge.

It is therefore understandable why, when the tropaeum with Caesar’s wax effigy nailed to it was displayed, the people seized the first Cinna that they met, tore him apart, stuck his head on a pole and carried it around: occidit caputque eius praefixum hastae circumtulit, says Suetonius. We see here how this praefixum hastae, which is normally translated with ‘fixed on a lance’, but could as well be rendered as ‘hefted to a stake’—the original meaning of hasta is ‘pole’, thin ‘stake’, only later via ‘shaft’ did it come to mean ‘lance’—joins that suffixum cruci, ‘nailed to a martyr’s stake’

"southern cross on the sky ." on december 23?
clementia-temple.jpg

Remember, Caesar reformed the Calender and invented December 25th, birthday of Sol - Christmas Day

Where is your Epigraphy supporting your Case???

I think the true origins of the Cross symbol goes further back than written records discussed. For example, there was a Celtic Cross with a solar circle in the centre hundreds of years before Christianity. There are cross like figures in Egyptian temples and inscriptions.

I think Jesus followers adopted the cross not long after the time of Jesus' actual life. The Naked Archaeologist found a cross in ruins of some ancient city of the "Jesus era" but I can not recall the name of the town. He believes it was a meeting place of Jesus followers in the century or two before Jesus was deified.

There were crosses in the catacombs of Rome that apparently predate the Christian Era and are believed to be Zoroastrian Mithraic.

Swastika's which are an ancient artistic rendition of the cross goes back an additional millennium in India.

Symbols used in more recent religion often are from older religions who borrowed them from even older religions.

Constantine saw a bright light in the sky with four bands of light going up, down, left, and right. It formed a Cross with a circle of the sun in the middle just as in Celtic Religion and Mithraism. It may have also been a symbol of the Cult of Sol Invictus in which Constantine was raised and held most of his life.

In short, the cross in some form or another is a popular religious symbol. Today in Ireland and parts of Scotland one can see grave markers with the Celtic Cross that just has the circle but no human body. Most have the symbolic body of Christ but also included in the Solar Ring at the centre of the cross. Some excavations north of Carrighfergus show a variation of cross with the Solar Circle being open but the rays of the sun extending left, right, up, and down only from the edge of the Circle.

It is interesting. I have often walked through grave yards in various places of the British Isles, especially the older ones no longer in active use.

Amergin

There are crosses on cave walls from prehistoric man, there are Solar crosses from the Neolithic era, crosses all through history from all over, it is hardly the invention of the Abrahamic faiths.

There are crosses on cave walls from prehistoric man, there are Solar crosses from the Neolithic era, crosses all through history from all over, it is hardly the invention of the Abrahamic faiths.

Neolithic is about 9500BC, and thus, taking it out of Its Roman Era Context, Christianity is a Roman Religion, all the symbols i have shown, including Star of David, are Roman Symbols.

Remember, Caesar reformed the Calender and invented December 25th, birthday of Sol - Christmas Day

dec. 25 is the day of new sun (christ )risen christ or the birth ,dec. 23 is the crucified or dead sun

Neolithic is about 9500BC, and thus, taking it out of Its Roman Era Context, Christianity is a Roman Religion, all the symbols i have shown, including Star of David, are Roman Symbols.
What does that mean?

What does that mean?

It means, Christian is a ROMAN Religion, the symbols i have shown are in a ROMAN Context

dec. 25 is the day of new sun (christ )risen christ or the birth ,dec. 23 is the crucified or dead sun

C.Julius Caesar CREATED December 25th

Yule-Tide [YULEius Caesar], the Decoration of a Christmas TREE, is derived from the Roman Practise of Decoration WOOD(in Cross Form) [Called TROpauems][TREes] in honor of JULIUS CAESAR, A Christ is an [Effigy of Caesar] Christmas = Mass of Caesar

3351377583_a7052d881f.jpg

image00490.jpg

Divos christianity was not Romans only . You forget egyptian greece . . .

It means, Christian is a ROMAN Religion, the symbols i have shown are in a ROMAN Context

C.Julius Caesar CREATED December 25th

Yule-Tide [YULEius Caesar], the Decoration of a Christmas TREE, is derived from the Roman Practise of Decoration WOOD(in Cross Form) [Called TROpauems][TREes] in honor of JULIUS CAESAR, A Christ is an [Effigy of Caesar] Christmas = Mass of Caesar

3351377583_a7052d881f.jpg

image00490.jpg
No . . . Christianity is a Judaic sect, the Romans, Constantine and the Council of Nicea were key to propagating it. If you are seeing anything Caesarian it is of Pagan nature from which the Council would have borrowed upon in order to initiate further pagans into the new cult.

**and cool out with the coin crap will ya, at least make 'em smaller . . . :D

No . . . Christianity is a Judaic sect, the Romans, Constantine and the Council of Nicea were key to propagating it. If you are seeing anything Caesarian it is of Pagan nature from which the Council would have borrowed upon in order to initiate further pagans into the new cult.

**and cool out with the coin crap will ya, at least make 'em smaller . . . :D

This Caesarian Religion, is in fact more Monotheistic then Pagan then you realize yet again you ignore that Judea is part of the Roman Empire.

Remember, Constantine is a Flavian
Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus

Back