Pictures of Beautiful Places

That mountain looks rather high, I take it you don't mind waking up under a foot of snow either. :)

he he I got waterfall screen savers from google!

and gorgeous...anytime I see pictures I envision living there when that city was active...I'm tingling just thinking about it.

It is on my list of things to do!

Hi...Macchu Picchu I believe, an Incan religious and royal complex...about 11,000 ft. up in the Andes. Yep...usually breezy and cool, and FYAO weather in winter probably. I think the roofs were originally thatch, but from the looks of the surroundings, that would likely to have to been lugged up there also. Haven't been there myself...but I've known several people who have.

They all said that once you did the train and bus thingy, it was still a long and tiring hike up to it. Makes me tired just looking at the picture...but it is a beautiful place. That's the nice thing about pictures...some of the bliss without the physical strain.

Which reminds me...I can almost smell the flowers.

flow....:)

wildflower.jpg

Attachments

• wildflower.jpg
    wildflower.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 257
Oh Flow

Mountains, snow and flowers - am packing my bag and tent now. Which direction is it, just point me at it. :)

Salaam

Hi MW

I did some tenting on the way out west a few years ago. Loved the high altitude campsites...you meet so many great people! Sequoia/ King's Canyon is still my favorite place, even though it's a bit care worn these days since the National parks system here is always short of funding. But the states have some excellent facilities, especially on the California coast north and south of San Francisco. Also with the ongoing heat, droughts, and fires, there's lots of dead wood and burned over areas in the mountains. Not what it used to be...but what is ?

I think I'll go to places like this to camp in the future if possible.

flow....;)

sunset beach.jpg

Attachments

• sunset beach.jpg
    sunset beach.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 317
Don't be daft, your tent will get wet. :p Try this place instead (the black forest in Germany - fabulous for camping):

Attachments

• black forest.jpg
    black forest.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 218
mono lake??

Nahhh...there's always more than one lake. I think this along the Pacific just north of Malibu. Could be wrong.

MW...Black Forest ? If I go there would I automatically get some of that yummy chocolate cake with caramel/cocoanut frosting ?

flow....:p

MW...Black Forest ? If I go there would I automatically get some of that yummy chocolate cake with caramel/cocoanut frosting ?

No but you would get loads of lucious chocolate cake, soaked in Kirsh, filled with fresh cream and covered in soaked red cherries. Excuse me, I am drooling on my keyboard. :eek:

That's not Black Forest cake, but German Chocolate cake (German as in the creator's surname, not the ethnicity.)

Black Forest cake is a dark chocolate cake laced with kirsch, layered with maraschino cherries (again, laced with kirsch) and whipped cream (more kirsch.) Very rich and very alcoholic. ;) :D

Aside to MW: the Black Forest brownies the :kitty: delegation brought to the 5000 party is nonalcoholic, so you can indulge without having to worry about committing an Islamic haram. :)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis, MW...Can I have one of each ? I've got two hands . And Phyllis could you have the kitty delegation walk around and through my ankles, rubbing them while I eat the cakes. I really miss my two departed friends, Charlie and Fred, doing that when we were at the table eating. That's how they let us know that they were there and were our friends, even though we realized they were actually ravenous bosses and that we'd better feed them something or else!

Phyllis, MW...Can I have one of each ? I've got two hands . And Phyllis could you have the kitty delegation walk around and through my ankles, rubbing them while I eat the cakes. I really miss my two departed friends, Charlie and Fred, doing that when we were at the table eating. That's how they let us know that they were there and were our friends, even though we realized they were actually ravenous bosses and that we'd better feed them something or else!

Concerning the :kitty: delegation, you'll have to limit yourself to two, three or four. There are too many members of the :kitty: delegation (unpleasant fighting or :eek: :eek: might occur otherwise.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Aside to MW: the Black Forest brownies the :kitty: delegation brought to the 5000 party is nonalcoholic, so you can indulge without having to worry about committing an Islamic haram.

Thank you so much, just slide the whole platter over this way. :D

Has anyone else noticed that cats are very jealous of your time. Every time I open my laptop my cat tries to sleep on the keyboard, he never goes near it any other time.

Has anyone else noticed that cats are very jealous of your time. Every time I open my laptop my cat tries to sleep on the keyboard, he never goes near it any other time.

Yes Maam...Salaam

The orange fellow in my picture, Fred, had the habit of leaping up on my Mac Plus keyboard as soon as he heard it beep when I turned it on. Did a fair amount of writing back then, even with Fred trying to deter me.

flow....;)

Yes Maam...Salaam

The orange fellow in my picture, Fred, had the habit of leaping up on my Mac Plus keyboard as soon as he heard it beep when I turned it on. Did a fair amount of writing back then, even with Fred trying to deter me.

flow....;)

Hi Flow

I have been trying to teach Mishmish (my cat) to type, then I could play playstation and he could keep my mother updated on my life. :p;)

Salaam

Back