The Establishment of the Minyan

While I have a number of bibles, there sure isn't a reason to own one today unless you haven't found the internets, where you can find umpteen versions in a number of languages, with word search and hot links, various concordances, comparisons, references, a paper bible? You can just old the tablet and carry it around to be kissed.

I am not of the kind to kiss objects. I kiss the ability to learn from them.

You told me you don't have a Bible.

And you seem to assume a lot from that statement, I'm not even sure what you're assuming but apparently I'm not allowed at the grown ups table? My opinion, mind and perspective is irrelevant because I don't own a Bible. I would be offended if I wasn't so very confused.

And you seem to assume a lot from that statement, I'm not even sure what you're assuming but apparently I'm not allowed at the grown ups table? My opinion, mind and perspective is irrelevant because I don't own a Bible. I would be offended if I wasn't so very confused.

There is a very easy way to fix that problem: Get a Bible!

LOL.... who needs a bible when they are on a computer and have access to hundreds of variations, can use online concordances to do word searches, compare various texts, translations and versions instantly...can read similar or contrary verses, and commentary all at your finger tips...

Really? go get a bible??

You are so helpful.

LOL.... who needs a bible when they are on a computer and have access to hundreds of variations, can use online concordances to do word searches, compare various texts, translations and versions instantly...can read similar or contrary verses, and commentary all at your finger tips...

Really? go get a bible??

You are so helpful.

"Bible on line!" Please, spare me the joke! Who will be patient enough to ask him a Biblical question and wait until he finds the answer on line?

lol...blame Jeremiah for my racist attitudes?

too funny...yet another old discredited saw...

Hey, I did not write the above or told Prophet Jeremiah to write it. Perhaps your option is that the Bible be never used when some thing in your opinion sounds preference or racism.

"Bible on line!" Please, spare me the joke! Who will be patient enough to ask him a Biblical question and wait until he finds the answer on line?

Really? You think opening a book, finding the scripture in question and then rewriting it and then making commentary is faster than a google search at bible gateway, cutting and pasting and commenting?

Really?

Hey, I did not write the above or told Prophet Jeremiah to write it. Perhaps your option is that the Bible be never used when some thing in your opinion sounds preference or racism.

Taking what is written 2000 years ago and blaming it for your blatant prejudice is ludicrous. You choose to write what you write and say what you say...stand up and take credit for it....take off the hood Ben.

Really? You think opening a book, finding the scripture in question and then rewriting it and then making commentary is faster than a google search at bible gateway, cutting and pasting and commenting?

Really?

Wil, we should let this go, I don't know if this guy have limits and I bet it's going to get personal pretty soon and I don't want to get hit in the crossfire.

I have to ask though, if you're not a racist, what is a racist?

I would suggest that what is a racist is a philosophy. A way of thinking that one group is superior to all others for whatever reason. Being a racist by thinking in such a way is not in and of itself good or bad. It is the actions taken by individual racists that define good or bad.

I'm not defending Shib, nor am I damning him either. His comments are based upon how he translates statements in the Bible. That is his justification to prove to himself that his group is above all others. It is NOT his beliefs that give him this justification, it is the words in Holy scripture. Or so I understand from his statements that is what his meaning is.

Most any fundamentalist would be the same. Belief that 'you' are better than 'me' is a way of life for a lot of people. As long as it goes no further than their justification, I have no real problem with that. I think it closed minded, but that is me. As long as 'they' enjoy their superiority for themselves, and leave me alone, that is fine with me.

It is NOT his beliefs that give him this justification, it is the words in Holy scripture.

There is a difference, yes, but I'm not sure it's any better.

But the actual debate here is if he is a racist or not, since I'm pretty sure he's avoiding the epithet himself.

Really?
1 - You think opening a book, finding the scripture in question and then rewriting it and then making commentary is faster than a google search at bible gateway, cutting and pasting and commenting?

2 - Taking what is written 2000 years ago and blaming it for your blatant prejudice is ludicrous. You choose to write what you write and say what you say...stand up and take credit for it....take off the hood Ben.

1 - It is for me. Discussing any thing based on the comments of another is as fallacious as to appeal to authorities. When I read some thing from someone else, I first go to the Bible to check if things are so and thus. Then I formulate my own comments.

2 - How can I take credit for something that has already been chewed up by another? I do with what I have commented from the Scriptures.

1 - It is for me. Discussing any thing based on the comments of another is as fallacious as to appeal to authorities. When I read some thing from someone else, I first go to the Bible to check if things are so and thus. Then I formulate my own comments.

2 - How can I take credit for something that has already been chewed up by another? I do with what I have commented from the Scriptures.

What about this Ben Masada guy?

Seems you rechew his fat?

A racist in this case of religious discussions is any one who forward an anti-Jewish statement.

What is this case? What is special in this case? Because I'm pretty sure any race can be racist about any other race.

Judaism isn't a race...foist...nor is it a nationality....it is a religion of people of various races which reside in many countries around the world.... and a Jew commenting derrogatorilly and in generalities against other races is err.... racist (in any discussion)

The same bartering with that God was used in the Koran over pray times.
I don't know what this post was originally about, and I probably won't. But just to correct what you typed, I think you mean the number of required prayers per day, and that was referenced in Hadith, not in Quran. Quran only specifies 3 prayers by name (leading some to believe only 3 are required as it was in Mosaic Law).

What about this Ben Masada guy?

Seems you rechew his fat?

I have told you already that there is no mystery about this Ben Masada guy. My real name is Abraham ben Masada, son of Masada ben Abraham. I simply decided to return with a different user name and stop using my real name. Now, can we drop it and return to what matters? There is no learning in the tit-tattering of childish talking.

Back