Cats

This article is heartbreaking imo: Thurston animal shelter overflowing with hoarder's cats

147 cats so far have been removed from just one property. Unfortunately, the shelter can only house 90 at a time. They (the shelter) hasn't euthanized any animals in a while, but they might be required to in this case. The problem started with the resident human didn't spay/neuter any of the cats.

I apologize for the downer here.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

This article is heartbreaking imo: Thurston animal shelter overflowing with hoarder's cats

147 cats so far have been removed from just one property. Unfortunately, the shelter can only house 90 at a time. They (the shelter) hasn't euthanized any animals in a while, but they might be required to in this case. The problem started with the resident human didn't spay/neuter any of the cats.

I apologize for the downer here.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
As far as I'm aware, in the UK, such places do not euthanise because of numbers. If they did I'd feel really conflicted as to whether to take a cat to one.

As far as I'm aware, in the UK, such places do not euthanise because of numbers. If they did I'd feel really conflicted as to whether to take a cat to one.
Most reputable shelters attempt to send those that are not-quite-ready for adoption out for fostering after the :kitty:s are spayed/neutered, but sometimes there are too many that are too sick or inbred that it would be cruel not to euthanize.

The colony in question started off with just two intact :kitty:s and the human refused to get any of the :kitty:s, both adult and young, "snipped". Oh, and there's no records of any :kitty:'s genetic heritage. And before you ask, the human was evicted due to unsanitary conditions in the house (the :kitty:s didn't have proper litterboxes for their needs.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I have three cats. We may soon be getting a fourth.
One of my cats goes in spurts of stealing my stuff.
My sunglasses. My combs. My hair clips, barrettes, hairbands and ponytail holders.
WHY?? Why all the stealing?
Or maybe... cats really cannot STEAL, as everything is theirs, and you can't steal your own stuff.
When she "steals" my personal items, she is just moving her own stuff around. It doesn't matter if I usually am the one to use the objects.

My sunglasses. My combs. My hair clips, barrettes, hairbands and ponytail holders.
Or maybe... cats really cannot STEAL, as everything is theirs, and you can't steal your own stuff.
When she "steals" my personal items, she is just moving her own stuff around. It doesn't matter if I usually am the one to use the objects.
I once thought I had an armchair. I was wrong.

I once thought I had an armchair. I was wrong.
The computer I'm using belongs to The Trio as are three of the four dinette chairs and half of the laundry (Tovarish didn't wait for me to remove the Cats Coming and Going shirt I wore yesterday before burying herself in it!)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I'd have a quartet myself if not for the prohibition in my lease! Hell, I'm grateful that I'm allowed three (all of the other neighbours are only allowed two, maximum) but I draw :kitty:s to me like I bathed in eau de matatabi/silvervine!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back